User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Aug 2004, 20:21   #1
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
BT don't rock.

We moved into this flat in early June. We contacted BT a few weeks after moving in to arrange to have a phone line connected. No problem. An appointment was arranged there and then. I arranged the day off work so that I would be in when the engineer arrived.

The night before the line was to be hooked up the engineer phoned me on my mobile to confirm details (excellent service I thought). I'll just check your address etc he said - it's 'Crossroads, Isle of Lismore' . I think my response was 'WHAT!??!?!?!??!??!?!??' and I then explained that I didn't in fact live on Lismore, I lived in Oban and had given the woman on the phone my full adress (I bloody well spelled it out to her and everything) and my postcode. Oh dear. So he had to send the proper information back into the system and arrange for another engineer to come out because he was off to Lismore the next day for several appointments. Bah.

About a week later Tony and I both had the day off work and were off for a wander down the street when we saw a BT van outside the flat. Lo and behold it was the engineer to connect our line. Not that BT had bothered to inform us he was coming that day you understand. SO fine, line connected, everything dandy. Except that we couldn't access the internet. Phoned BT to be informed that in actual fact our line wasn't due to be connected till the Monday (this was Friday) and the engineer must have turned up early and we wouldn't have full connection till the Monday

Anyhoo some days later we recieve a letter stating the charges we are due to pay for connection etc and not to pay until we recieve an official bill. We wait. 2 days ago I go to phone my Mother only to find that I can't dial out. Tony tries to connect to the internet but can't. I go to my work to use their phone to find out what the **** is going on. It's genius really. We had been disconnected for NON PAYMENT of a bill we had never actually ****ing recieved. Turns out the complete spastics at BT had been sending out bills and reminders to 'Crossroads' Isle of Lismore (an address which for all I know doesn't actually bloody well exist)

And this is why BT should have some kind of serious competition because given the choice I know we wouldn't use them in future.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 20:23   #2
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: BT don't rock.

NTL?

Also the goverment tried to encourage competition. Remember the ill fated Mercury?
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 20:26   #3
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Can't get NTL here.

Unread 19 Aug 2004, 20:41   #4
Sunday8pm
Banned

Complain to oftel regulators that their incompetence has inconvenienced you in a number of fabricated ways, also inferring potential loss of income due to restriction of access to bigger job databases.

They'll grovel, damn quick, and some noob will get fired.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 20:44   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I agree. Take this to the Ombudsman and do it NOW. If you let them get off with this, what will happen is theyll assume any future mistakes can be made without problems. If they get a complaint now from OFTEL, theyll go out of their way to get your system up and running, and you should get some kind of compensation, whether it be free line rental or an upgrade to your internet service.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 20:47   #6
Sunday8pm
Banned

Not to mention you will already have some unwanted black marks against your name now(cause of their ignorance) that will follow you and to any of your future children and to other telecom companies which is totally unfair.

It may even carry over to insurance applications and then put you in a high risk bracket which will increase your premiums, do not ignore shit like this when it happens, it'll follow you around.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 20:47   #7
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

After I phoned them when we were disconnected for 'non payment' we were reconnected within 2 hours. However I wasn't sure whether to be amused or annoyed when she told me there would be no reconnection fee. Meanwhile we have ordered tiscali broadband and are waiting for the modem to arrive and then the only dealings we will have with BT is our quarterly line rental hopefully.

Unread 19 Aug 2004, 20:49   #8
Sunday8pm
Banned

Still complain and make sure you don't have any bad marks against your name, make sure you are compensated for the inconvenience they caused YOU not the other way round.

They don't want you to know that you are right here and they are wrong hence this whole no reconnection fee to push blame in a wtf game onto you without you noticing.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 20:51   #9
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yep.

Make CERTAIN the ombudsman registers this as a complaint against them. Otherwise youll be unfairly penalised in future. If youre unsure as to whether theres any marks against you, a credit search with Experian will give you the answers , and it costs about £6
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 20:51   #10
Sunday8pm
Banned

We are like the internet version of Working Lunch
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 21:03   #11
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Well this had been a kinda worry for me because I have a previous credit card debt which I am paying off and have totally under control and I don't want this going on my credit record and ****ing it up again.

I'm off to the OFTEL website then :|

Unread 19 Aug 2004, 21:21   #12
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

everyone i meet (parents,friends,co-workers,relatives,random ppl) seems to have at one point gone crazy with a credit card and run up debt.

i really think i should avoid getting one of those, i would be in a cardboard box within a month i bet :/

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 21:22   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General8
everyone i meet (parents,friends,co-workers,relatives,random ppl) seems to have at one point gone crazy with a credit card and run up debt.

i really think i should avoid getting one of those, i would be in a cardboard box within a month i bet :/
Nah.

Theyre fine as long as you have a solid job and a decent salary. As long as you can handle the minimum monthly repayment , youll be absoloutely fine. Just remember , even a £1000 credit card bill only has a minimum monthly repayment of £40. If you can handle that , youre fine.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 21:26   #14
Sunday8pm
Banned

In fact not having a credit record can be just as bad as having a really bad credit record when it comes to getting loans and mortgages amongst other things.

Get a small credit card with a 100 or 250 limit and work up from there, it can feel a bit silly but building up a good credit rating is one of the more discreet ways of building up your personal stock with regards to how qualified you are as a person to be lent cash there is and you'll regret not doing it sooner when you get jealous of other people apparrently getting loans that you can't get even though you may have a more affluent position or background.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 21:31   #15
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

so far i have read several of sundays posts today and he has been mature and coherent......

WTF IS GOING ON?

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 21:33   #16
Sunday8pm
Banned

Been struck with the banhammer too much.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:19   #17
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Been struck with the banhammer too much.
And its hanging over your head at the mo like a Sword of Damocles.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:21   #18
Sunday8pm
Banned

Isn't it always?
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:27   #19
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Isn't it always?
At the moment , its differing from its usual level to the point where its giving you a number 2 haircut when you stand up.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:30   #20
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

/nick Ninja

heh the Oftel and ofcom sites are both down, perhaps they got their addresses wrong as well

The really annoying thing is the fact that inspite of BT having recieved zero contact from us re:final reminders they never thought to phone us and query the fact (and record the call for evidence if need be ). Not to mention that we recieved mail from them yesterday dated the 2nd of august at the right address plus the line itself has only actually been running for three weeks........factor in 10 (working)days before they usually send the first bill that means of about 11 (working) days before they sent a final reminder and cut us off (And I do mean off totally.....not even emergency calls could be made and none could be recieved at all)

Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:32   #21
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
At the moment , its differing from its usual level to the point where its giving you a number 2 haircut when you stand up.
You just hate my hippy hair.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:36   #22
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
You just hate my hippy hair.
How true.