User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Mar 2005, 10:51   #1
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts
Going to Amer.....er.... Australia

Whoa.... im going down (under)

Due to a recent change in circumstances me and my fiancée are moving to Australia with her parents, I just got my visa acceptance through .

Yay me, a new life in Australia awaits!

cos i just had to tell everyone

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 11:07   #2
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Going to Amer.....er.... Australia

Where abouts are you going? There are many areas of Aus i wouldn't stay in if someone nailed my nuts to a nearby rock.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 11:37   #3
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
Where abouts are you going? There are many areas of Aus i wouldn't stay in if someone nailed my nuts to a nearby rock.
Adeladie/Just Outside Adelaide the "Happy Valley" area

Quote:

Unread 21 Mar 2005, 11:43   #4
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

DEAR GOD!!!... the GD'ers are imigrating to my country...

Sadly though, even if they did I'm unlikely to ever meet any of them as I'm in the middle of the country (Alice Springs) where none of you are likely to roam. Mind you I do frequent Adelaide often, one never knows.
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 13:15   #5
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

couldn't your lawyer get you a community penalty?
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 13:55   #6
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Australia has made it easier for people from the UK to get Visa's/to emmigrate because their population is stagnent, so they want to steal ours. And you fell for it. :(

'grats, btw. :)
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 13:55   #7
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
DEAR GOD!!!... the GD'ers are imigrating to my country...

Sadly though, even if they did I'm unlikely to ever meet any of them as I'm in the middle of the country (Alice Springs) where none of you are likely to roam. Mind you I do frequent Adelaide often, one never knows.
Whats adeladie like?, pictures and website descriptions can only tell you so much, whats it really like?

Quote:

Unread 21 Mar 2005, 13:57   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Traveling in a fried-out combie
On a hippie trail, head full of zombie
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said,

"Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
And he said,

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder

Lying in a den in Bombay
With a slack jaw, and not much to say
I said to the man, "Are you trying to tempt me
Because I come from the land of plenty?"
And he said,

"Oh! Do you come from a land down under? (oh yeah yeah)
Where women glow and men plunder?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 14:52   #9
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Hahaha Adelaide

You hillbilly. I hope you like churches, because that's all there is to do.
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 15:11   #10
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

How exactly do you 'do' churches?

The pictures i've seen of Adelaide look quite nice.

i.e This.

Unread 21 Mar 2005, 15:13   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Going to Amer.....er.... Australia

You're moving to a city which you know nothing about, in another country, at the other side of the world, which is mostly empty and which has the most inhospitable climate in the world, bar Antarctica, full of things which will murder you as soon as look at you, and you are doing this willingly?

Have you really thought this through?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 15:13   #12
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
How exactly do you 'do' churches?

The pictures i've seen of Adelaide look quite nice.

i.e This.
It's either churches, or wineries, or bushfires, or man-eating sharks. The wineries aren't in the city though. It looks nice, but that's about it.
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 15:26   #13
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
You're moving to a city which you know nothing about, in another country, at the other side of the world, which is mostly empty and which has the most inhospitable climate in the world, bar Antarctica, full of things which will murder you as soon as look at you, and you are doing this willingly?

Have you really thought this through?
Im young, im in love, i want a fresh start, and yes i have :P

Plus the three major universites for Aussie are in or around the Adeliade area.

Quote:

Unread 21 Mar 2005, 15:48   #14
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General8
Whats adeladie like?, pictures and website descriptions can only tell you so much, whats it really like?
Well, it's extremly popular with young adults so I geuss that's description enough. I have to admit I'm not a fan of it because it's too much like home. In general though you'll find friendly people, nice scenery and a relaxed lifestyle.

Oh, and not all the major universities are there, maybe one or two, but the others are in Melbourne & Sydney respectively.

One of many experiences going to Adelaide: http://members.iinet.net.au/~mckeon/Trip/main.html
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 15:53   #15
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
In general though.....
Pun intended?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 16:19   #16
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

Quote:
Well, it's extremly popular with young adults so I geuss that's description enough. I have to admit I'm not a fan of it because it's too much like home. In general though you'll find friendly people, nice scenery and a relaxed lifestyle.

Sounds good to me.

Me GFs dad did the maths, although you earn less over there the cost of living is about 70 percent of the uk, not to mention better weather and no overcrowding as the place is so bleeding big.

Quote:

Unread 21 Mar 2005, 16:49   #17
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Sounds good to me.

Me GFs dad did the maths, although you earn less over there the cost of living is about 70 percent of the uk, not to mention better weather and no overcrowding as the place is so bleeding big.
Not sure about that, but it would explain why everything is so damn expensive over in the UK. It's improved a little but as a rule of thumb 1 pound was equal 3 aussie dollars.
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 19:47   #18
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

I've got my visa application in, which has been unofficially accepted and is just waiting for the paperwork to go through the standard chain.

I'll see you and djbass in Melbourne next year for a mini meet
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 20:14   #19
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought you were going to Iraq?
Or are you back by then (be it possibly in a body bag)?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 09:34   #20
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
I've got my visa application in, which has been unofficially accepted and is just waiting for the paperwork to go through the standard chain.

I'll see you and djbass in Melbourne next year for a mini meet
Great, I'll likely be living in Melbourne by next year
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 09:40   #21
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

If i ever manage to get the money together i'll be over to the great aus to surf, in some warm water for a change \0/

The brown, freezing slop around our coastline has it's limits.

Unread 22 Mar 2005, 10:09   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
no overcrowding as the place is so bleeding big.
Off-topic slightly, but I don't really understand why people are so keen on running away from other people. A high population density (if managed properly) is actually pretty good for a whole range of reasons (economics, culture, social stuff, etc). The only inherent annoyance is that people's homes tend to be larger in less crowded places.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 10:21   #23
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Off-topic slightly, but I don't really understand why people are so keen on running away from other people. A high population density (if managed properly) is actually pretty good for a whole range of reasons (economics, culture, social stuff, etc). The only inherent annoyance is that people's homes tend to be larger in less crowded places.
Well i see your point, and its nice somtimes to live in a area like were i live that has a large amount of people squeezed into a small area,i mean colchester is a small place but has large amounts of people thanks to huge amounts of new and old housing and two huge council estates, it means lots of shops and pubs and such (and i mean a LOT of pubs/bars), however it can be very annoying having to battle through crowds in town on a saturday afternoon, having to queue for ages in shops etc,i like the idea of going someware quieter were i can relax more rather than the gogogogogo attuitude of were i live now.

:Edit: and the house thing is also a good point, money goes further on OZ especialy when housing is concered, small dank house/flat in england battling off chavs and rain, or a much larger house/flat in OZ in the sun....hard choice, for instance in the UK me and my GF were looking at renting flats and aparatments and possible a small house, in oz getting a small house is a lot more likely.

Quote:

Last edited by The General8; 22 Mar 2005 at 10:27.
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 12:21   #24
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
:Edit: and the house thing is also a good point, money goes further on OZ especialy when housing is concered, small dank house/flat in england battling off chavs and rain, or a much larger house/flat in OZ in the sun....hard choice, for instance in the UK me and my GF were looking at renting flats and aparatments and possible a small house, in oz getting a small house is a lot more likely.

Oh we have something far worse than any chav you could ever think about, the local aboriginees make chavs look like saints. Fortunately for you all but country areas are pretty much void of them.