User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 19 Sep 2009, 16:58   #1
Crantor
Nice to be Loved

Crantor has a little shameless behaviour in the past
ROCK and Politics and Alliances

I hope you all have fun playing your politics and teaming up, which is better than letting one, two or more alliances dominate PA.

PA is a game, we play because we are addicted (or at least I am). I am here to have fun in PA. Just don't think ROCK is aligned with Apprime or anyone else. We are neutral, we are trying to just play for fun this round, what a novel idea (no alliances or naps). Attack who you want to stop dominance, keep the game fun is all I ask. I get my share of mass alliances attacks I can't stop, but hey that's PA. ROCK attacks and defends, we just don't do it with anyone else.

I for one want a round without a nap, as dumb as that may sound. Good luck to everyone slugging it out to dominate PA. It's a game, and it's not my RL. My alliance is here to have fun. The politics would be kinda fun, an extension of the game but I'm not into that. I know very few alliance leaders. Cardi and Jbg are about it. I'm not a politician.

ROCK is neutral

Crantor

4D
H-A
Denial
ODDR
ROCK - FOREVER
Crantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 17:54   #2
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: ROCK and Politics and Alliances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crantor View Post
The politics would be kinda fun, an extension of the game but I'm not into that. I know very few alliance leaders. Cardi and Jbg are about it. I'm not a politician.
As HC of an alliance, isn't it your duty to do politics, regardless if you're a 'politician' or not?

Obviously for ROCK it isn't as much needed as for 'top alliances', but (correct me if I'm wrong) it seems to me that you're not doing politics because YOU don't think it's fun. While in this case, in my opinion, it should be about what ROCK thinks is fun.

PA is after all a game about conflict, and even though you can stay neutral and still enjoy the game, entering a war with someone and seeing them drop 10%+ in roids because of the effort you put in is for me a lot more rewarding than doing well while being neutral.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 19:56   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

According to my information, elviz offered a NAP to Rock, after which Apprime and Rock coords were exchanged.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 20:04   #4
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

And, as everyone knows, as soon as such things have to be stated in public, it means they are most likely not true.

I shall see how these things will turn out!
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 20:52   #5
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice

Seems like ROCK has gotten the hang of the political game of Planetarion!

It's no surprise that ROCK and Apprime might work together given recent rounds cooporations.
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 21:11   #6
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltsin View Post
Seems like ROCK has gotten the hang of the political game of Planetarion!

It's no surprise that ROCK and Apprime might work together given recent rounds cooporations.
In all fairness, Ascendancy also sometimes worked with ROCK in recent rounds.
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 21:46   #7
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
In all fairness, Ascendancy also sometimes worked with ROCK in recent rounds.
Indeed. In fact, the trend over the last 3 rounds is that ROCK naps whatever alliance i'm in

I am however dissapointed that ROCK decides to sit this one out, regardless of what side they would have picked. The general ROCK trend since r25 has been to pick a side and stick with it nomatter what, for example round X (mz please define X) when we napped Denial (HI VENOX)).
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 22:21   #8
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

r29
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2009, 05:32   #9
Crantor
Nice to be Loved

I haven't talked to anyone about a nap. No offers given or taken. I don't even know the alliance leaders and frankly they don't know me. The only intel I have is what I've pasted together, but actually I don't need intel if I'm not at war. Say what you want, I don't even know who is allied with who this round. I just heard ASC and Apprime were about to or have already gone to war. I don't even remember who told me. I don't do politics because I don't know any of them and I haven't tried to find out who they are. I hardly see ROCK as an asset to anyone in a war. We train the new players and hope they learn PA. By the way.........who is Elviz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
According to my information, elviz offered a NAP to Rock, after which Apprime and Rock coords were exchanged.

4D
H-A
Denial
ODDR
ROCK - FOREVER
Unread 20 Sep 2009, 09:16   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Let's face it, Rock is never going to win a round, and will likely never even be in the running for it. But even if you're not in the running, it is still benificial for your alliance to know what the political landscape looks like, because that knowledge can help you prevent pissing off the wrong people at the wrong time. Ignorance is actually not that good a quality in a HC, and probably means you're unsuitable for the job. If you're just acting like a BC, then perhaps you should be one.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 20 Sep 2009, 09:54   #11
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

sweeeeeet free roids with no implications at ROCKS place! everyone invited! BYOB
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2009, 22:04   #12
Crantor
Nice to be Loved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Let's face it, Rock is never going to win a round, and will likely never even be in the running for it. But even if you're not in the running, it is still benificial for your alliance to know what the political landscape looks like, because that knowledge can help you prevent pissing off the wrong people at the wrong time. Ignorance is actually not that good a quality in a HC, and probably means you're unsuitable for the job. If you're just acting like a BC, then perhaps you should be one.
I couldn't agree more. I just didn't want ROCK to die after all these years. I didn't do it because I wanted to, I did it because no one else would. Applications accepted.

4D
H-A
Denial
ODDR
ROCK - FOREVER
Unread 21 Sep 2009, 17:16   #13
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

every round rock attack on a regular basis with the biggest alliance and then keep claiming they are neutral.

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2009, 17:30   #14
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladel View Post
every round rock attack on a regular basis with the biggest alliance and then keep claiming they are neutral.
vladdy got it!

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2009, 19:50   #15
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crantor View Post
I haven't talked to anyone about a nap. No offers given or taken. I don't even know the alliance leaders and frankly they don't know me.
Considering the amount of crying you did to Cardi last round, I seriously doubt any of this is true.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 15:17   #16
Pt-

Pt- has a spectacular aura aboutPt- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Every round ROCK basicly allied the underdog, last round it was Apprime/ROCK vs the block, the rounds before that it was Asc/ROCK vs a lot of others.

HEROES
Pt- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 16:31   #17
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt- View Post
Every round ROCK basicly allied the underdog, last round it was Apprime/ROCK vs the block, the rounds before that it was Asc/ROCK vs a lot of others.
Exactly! So why are ROCK breaking this rather unique habit? Because their new dictator doesn't care about politics?
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 17:20   #18
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellKicker View Post
Exactly! So why are ROCK breaking this rather unique habit? Because their new dictator doesn't care about politics?
who exactly would the underdog be this round?

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 17:39   #19
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt- View Post
I'd like to know how you considered apprime or ascendancy were ever the underdog! Were you dropped on your head?

Trust me the fact every ally had to block against them means they were very much anything but an underdog.

It means rock always back the winning horse so the initial post about being neutral is utter balls which was my origonal point.

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 20:10   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
I'd like to know how you considered apprime or ascendancy were ever the underdog! Were you dropped on your head?
You must not have been paying attention at the time, so I'll forgive your ignorance.

Quote:
Trust me the fact every ally had to block against them means they were very much anything but an underdog.
Some would say that an underdog can be defined as the alliance that everyone blocks against. Just saying.

Quote:
It means rock always back the winning horse so the initial post about being neutral is utter balls which was my origonal point.
No, if Rock wanted to back the winning horse, they'd have gone for the safe option (i.e. join the block).
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 20:59   #21
Pt-

Pt- has a spectacular aura aboutPt- has a spectacular aura about

Do I even have to say more after Mz his perfect explanation? Ill add this tho: The block was App last round was winning untill Asc left it. ROCK stood by App the whole time, through thick and thin. So no, ROCK doesnt always go for the easy ride, they go for the fun!

HEROES
Pt- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 21:09   #22
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
who exactly would the underdog be this round?
Your question is not directly related to my previous post, and i assume that you want my opinion on who ROCK should have napped, had they contineued their habit (?)

Considering ROCK used to pick their side early in the round, i'd say either Asc, p3n or VsN, as it became clear very early that Apprime was indeed playing with a full tag and that they were doing quite well compared to the others. Also there was no overkill block formation towards Apprime (which lead to the Denial-ROCK NAP formation early in r29). I'd put my money on Asc because of r30+31 cooperation, but there's also assman/p3n with his close ties to ROCK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladel
The fact that ROCK picked the winning side during r30-32 is actually quite ironic if you compare it to pre-round30. Again, r29 is really the best example (you were a Denial BC and iirc pretty glad we sticked by your side for the entire round so i don't really understand your motivation for this statement)