User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 8 Feb 2008, 14:44   #1
Kenny

Petty Arguments.

Guys, come on. Why is it when you get a whiff of wrongdoing you go haywire on the bloody forums? Let me tell you how my round has gone.

PT72: I get covert-opped and lose 40% of my amps. Ascendancy
PT102-108: I receive 7 incoming attack fleets while on 200 roids. From InSomnia*
PT390: I drop my security so that I can get a light factory nuked by friendly covert ops. I forget to re-increase security and lose another 6 amps overnight.
PT430~: My gal finally sets me to 'trusted' and I can see outgoing fleets again after 300+ ticks of not being set to 'trusted' (Although I'm assured this was an 'oversight' )

Maybe I haven't had the worst round out of everybody playing; in fact I'm fairly sure I haven't. But not once have I come on to the forums and complained about what's happened - so why is it there's so many people here who feel like they're special enough for everyone to care what's bothering them?

I am getting sick and tired of people saying "Ohnoes, I got attacked" or "Oh Em Gee, I was victim to somebody excercising a particular feature of the game that's been there the whole time but I wasn't clever enough to notice it" on the forums and expecting the universe to care.

In fact I lie, that's not the most annoying thing. The thing that really bugs the hell out of me is the people who are idiotic enough to respond with "YE UR RIGHT!! THAT'S EVUHL!".

Can we please have some fine tuning of the forum rules please?

1. No complaining about being attacked. It will happen. And yes, kargool, it is a War Game (but you're right, it is set in space, Kudos).
2. No complaining about people using features of the game that haven't been a real focus of warfare in past rounds.
3. No complaining about Ascendancy's Ego. You know it's there, they know it's there. Stating the obvious is akin to investing your life savings into your own personal bank account. You're no better off and have accomplished nothing. Stop it.

This round has been the most interesting round I've seen in a while. Not because of the competition for top spot (of which there's quite literally none - congrats on your win Urwins), but because of the way the game dynamics have been blown wide open. This has been the least linear round I've seen in terms of actual gameplay, and this is all thanks to the way Ascendancy have played their round.

So PLEASE for the sake of your children and mine; grow up, move on, evolve, do whateverthef*ck you need to do to stop your constant f*cking whining.

[/irony]

*InSomnia = the alliance I'm in, so yes, I was 7-waved by my own alliance while on 200 roids. Good times.

Last edited by Kenny; 8 Feb 2008 at 15:00.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 15:00   #2
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future
Re: Petty Arguments.

Post of the round?
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 15:36   #3
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Farming, close everyone!

So Kenny, what do you want us to post on AD?
I see AD in your world something like this
Person 1: How was your day Person 2?
Person 2: It was great, i went skiing and stuff. What about yours?
Person 1: Shit day, my gf dumped me.

Proud to be Newdawn

Last edited by SteInMetz; 8 Feb 2008 at 16:11.
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 17:48   #4
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
Blah blah blah.
I stopped reading when you said "Not once have I come to these forums whining". You just did.

Your round sucked. Deal with it or whinge about it. But don't come here whinging about people whinging.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 18:04   #5
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I stopped reading when you said "Not once have I come to these forums whining". You just did.
I'm sure the real reason you stopped reading at that point is really because of the pain you must have felt at trying to engage yourself in something for an extended period of time. Sucks to be you.

The very next words were "about what's happened" and had you bothered to read those long, stressful, intelligent, PHd-level words (); you'd have realised that I don't actually do or say anything to the contrary.

Your implications that what I was doing was anything approaching hypocritical are invalid. I was complaining that people were whining for shit reasons. To have been hypocrytical, I'd have had to have made a post complaining about people complaining that people were whining for shit reasons. I'd break that down further for you, but frankly you're not worth my time.

FYI, I've had a great round.

SteInMetz, who are you? If your scenario was indeed accurate, and that AD was nothing but whining about wrongdoings by evil multi-national coorperations(!) and such, do you not see why I have an issue? It's Alliance Discussion, not I'veHadAShitNightSoFeelLikeTellingTheWorldAboutIt Discussions.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 18:22   #6
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
I'm sure the real reason you stopped reading at that point is really because of the pain you must have felt at trying to engage yourself in something for an extended period of time. Sucks to be you.

The very next words were "about what's happened" and had you bothered to read those long, stressful, intelligent, PHd-level words (); you'd have realised that I don't actually do or say anything to the contrary
I don't understand. What does "about" mean?

Please write so that us kids can read it too
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 18:29   #7
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
*InSomnia = the alliance I'm in, so yes, I was 7-waved by my own alliance while on 200 roids. Good times.
just wanted to point out that this wouldn't have happened had all members actually been tagged and not hiding out of tag. :no support rule:

and yeah, grats urwins, whenever you finally decide to add in the rest of your score (probably won't be til the end of the round) and kick the 10 scanners or so you still have tagged.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 18:32   #8
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously Kenny, whining about people whining on AD...
Go kill yourself.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 18:33   #9
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii
just wanted to point out that this wouldn't have happened had all members actually been tagged and not hiding out of tag. :no support rule:
Irrelevant "pointing out" since the late tagging up didnt have anything to do with support planets. In InSomnia's case atleast.
VenoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 18:36   #10
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii

and yeah, grats urwins, whenever you finally decide to add in the rest of your score (probably won't be til the end of the round) and kick the 10 scanners or so you still have tagged.
Ok, I just read that how you must have.

The reason I was not in the tag is because I started the round in another alliance and I had to wait 48 ticks to join another tag, during which time I exiled gals a couple of times to find a decent one, so even though I'd given my coords to Supergans he didn't have my newest ones available when the gal was selected for the raid. It was an administrative error, nothing more

And I know this will seem unconvincing, but at the moment InSomnia is nothing but a tag full of support planets... we just don't have anyone to support! I did see us manage to find a defence fleet last night though, so who knows, maybe it's the start of a dramatic late comeback!
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 19:00   #11
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

This round only made me realize this game is fking boring, even more so then pia (atleast there you can put a dragon opposite a ministry and have fun for 2 weeks), no matter how many weak strategies are exposed and (ab)used. Glad I took my vacation.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 19:01   #12
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I did see us manage to find a defence fleet last night though, so who knows, maybe it's the start of a dramatic late comeback!
I even got some def this morning!
InS FTW i'd say

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 19:05   #13
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Seen some pretty useless threads on AD but this one is taking it to another level. AD is great all the whining, don't try and take it away
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 19:44   #14
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
PT430~: My gal finally sets me to 'trusted' and I can see outgoing fleets again after 300+ ticks of not being set to 'trusted' (Although I'm assured this was an 'oversight' )
No it wasnt an oversight... we just don't like you man

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 19:49   #15
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAlan
No it wasnt an oversight... we just don't like you man
only truth in this post. his gal and ascendancy hates you!

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 20:10   #16
Kenny

noscansforyou!
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 20:18   #17
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueArmy
only truth in this post. his gal and ascendancy hates you!
True story. Even Munin told me to go **** myself.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 20:42   #18
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
PT72: I get covert-opped and lose 40% of my amps. Ascendancy
PT390: I drop my security so that I can get a light factory nuked by friendly covert ops. I forget to re-increase security and lose another 6 amps overnight.
Best cov ops I've done all round tbh. Seeing your nick and scanner together simply made me have to do it. Most fun I've had in these types of games since (as Agra pointed out) ministry vs drags fights in PIA. Was giggling the entire time even though life's been shit lately. Damn. The small pleasures of life....
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 20:44   #19
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator
Best cov ops I've done all round tbh. Seeing your nick and scanner together simply made me have to do it. Most fun I've had in these types of games since (as Agra pointed out) ministry vs drags fights in PIA. Was giggling the entire time even though life's been shit lately. Damn. The small pleasures of life....
It's ok. You love me - you can say it. I don't mind. Nobody's listening, it's just you and me now. Don't let the past stand in the way of our future! I believe I can make it all the way to the top with you, Elevator!
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 20:57   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ascendancy needs your attention.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 21:04   #21
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Kenny fails at the internet
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 21:41   #22
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman
Kenny fails at the internet
Says the author of "Failing Life - For Dummies".
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 22:09   #23
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

i like kenny
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 22:48   #24
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellKicker
i like kenny
Woah, quiet who you say that to, laddo. Talk like that'll get you shot around these parts!

(or cov-op'd!)
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 02:20   #25
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
haha ... happened with me aswell with ins.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 07:55   #26
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

Kenny that is just way too much writing for my attention span mate maybe if you'd put a general overview i may have cared enough to read it
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 11:54   #27
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladel
Kenny that is just way too much writing for my attention span mate maybe if you'd put a general overview i may have cared enough to read it
I'm sorry... but you're not worth an overview
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 13:31   #28
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Kenny: "You all suck for whining"
Everyone: "You suck for whining about whining"

This is the general jest of the thread.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 13:42   #29
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

just smile and be happy

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 16:59   #30
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

Quote:
Steinmetz is correct. This falls under farming.
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 17:24   #31
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Did you mean the 'gist' of this thread?

Please say yes so I can whine about how poorly people spell these days!

Edit: The obvious thing the next poster can do now is to say that it's not really about spelling at all.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 17:45   #32
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery
Steinmetz is correct. This falls under farming.
It doesn't. It would, however, fall under farming if I'd have let him bankhack me, stealing my resources etc. Neither of us made any kind of profit from the incident, and as such can't be considered farming.

Farming is when you use another planet for personal gain.. it used to be that this term was applied to 'bullying' another planet, and constantly returning to the same target to steal their roids. It also evolved to cover the agreed farming of a planet, whereby if two people agree to take/give roids - this was also farming. It was expanded further still to include the farming of 'ships', whereby one planet gained from the other agreeing to surrender ships to another person.

Normally this applies to two people from the same alliance, but could just as easily be applied to people from opposing allies.

This rule was named 'farming' because of the associations with the word. To farm is to collect resources (whether it be cattle or crop, or roid and ship). Anything else, such as getting a friend to destroy something of yours, unfortunately can't fall under the 'farming' category.

Though this is more a PD discussion than AD.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 17:46   #33
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

who's the multihunter again?
the gain to you was from you losing a construction you didnt want, but its a pretty low gain regardless that could have been achieved just as easily through hostile covert ops, given enough time
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 17:48   #34
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
blabla
Last time I checked, Fiery was head of multihunters. If she says it's farming, it's farming, whether you like it or not.

Cheater.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 18:12   #35
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Did you mean the 'gist' of this thread?

Please say yes so I can whine about how poorly people spell these days!

Edit: The obvious thing the next poster can do now is to say that it's not really about spelling at all.
I had meant to look it up and go back to correct the spelling if needed, but forgot. And it was about spelling, I was at least not referring to any definition containing the word humour.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 18:13   #36
Mzyxptlk
mz.

And here I was thinking it was the EULA that decided what was farming and what wasn't. Silly me.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 18:39   #37
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
who's the multihunter again?
the gain to you was from you losing a construction you didnt want, but its a pretty low gain regardless that could have been achieved just as easily through hostile covert ops, given enough time
Quote:
Originally Posted by EULA
18.1. Farming:
Farming is illegal. The definitions of farming are, but are not limited to:
(a) Attacking a target with his/her consent to get his/her asteroids/ships
(b) Defending against someone who is attacking with their consent to steal
their ships.

(c) Abusing game features in order to gain excessive XP (e.g. roid farming)
(d) Doing either a, b or c by using multi-planets
You would THINK the Head Multihunter knew the rules, wouldn't you?

Oh dear!

edit: Hmmz. I guess you could argue over the "not limited to" thing, but then if you're going to leave it open ended like that you could also accuse me of farming just for logging into the game, and say that it's covered in the EULA. It's not, but if you wanted to argue I guess you'd have some grounds for doing so. We'll see what happens.

Last edited by Kenny; 9 Feb 2008 at 18:51.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 18:49   #38
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

"but not limited to"
You would think people would read the eula, wouldnt you?
oh dear!
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 18:55   #39
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
You would think people would read the eula, wouldnt you?
Lol, who do you know that reads the eula?
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 23:45   #40
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Making sure people read the UELA is hardly the multihunters' responsibility though. If people are stupid enough to sign contracts they don't read (this is what they do after all, in essence), then that's their problem, not anyone else's.

That said, I personally have no major moral objections to letting people blow up some of your unwanted constructions, since at the same time, it gives everyone else the opportunity to blow up some of your wanted ones. For example, last round, I heard from multiple people that they lost wanted constructions in the window they turned off security. It's a risk people can take. In comparison to for example farming or multiing, I hardly consider this a huge problem in today's game.
Unread 10 Feb 2008, 01:49   #41
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Yeah, I'm with mz here. In order for it to be farming there surely must be a direct gain* from the action, which there isn't in this case.

*such as resources, ships or asteroids
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2008, 02:42   #42
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

The "direct gain" here is twofold.
1/ XP for the cov-opper for a guaranteed success.
2/ The ability of the target to have a higher number of amps (or dists) than would otherwise have been the case. I know that this "tactic" is regularly used to get rid of unwanted research centres.

And regardless of gain it's an agreement between two planets to allow what would normally be considered as a hostile action. "Farming"? Perhaps that's the wrong word. "Cheating" might be a better one.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2008, 03:00   #43
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas
1/ XP for the cov-opper for a guaranteed success.
2/ The ability of the target to have a higher number of amps (or dists) than would otherwise have been the case. I know that this "tactic" is regularly used to get rid of unwanted research centres.
Serious question - how much xp would a covert opper get from this? Either way it'd could not be considered 'excessive', I wouldn't think.

And as for your number two, that isn't a 'direct' gain, the immediate situation actual results in a loss. But your right, if there wasn't anything to 'gain' from it, I wouldn't have asked the covert opper to do this.
Unread 11 Feb 2008, 12:07   #44
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

I agree that the amount of xp is likely to be insignificant. (Does ayone knw the exact amount)?

I also accept that this is a generally accepted "tactic" - it's just that I can also see why Fiery would want to class it as farming (or something similar).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2008, 13:29   #45
Mzyxptlk
mz.

32 xp, 1920 score.