User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 2 Mar 2006, 10:52   #551
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Angels/NewDawn

I stand corrected.

Care to give input on anything substantive in my post or was it just that?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 11:10   #552
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK.:.VJ

DLR abandons defence for roid fleet and XP.
Pretty much the same as Ascendancy, Daeos Dava and reinVENted afaik.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 11:16   #553
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The obvious point to make at this juncture is that not many alliance players are happy with the support rule, especially when tags are involved.

To me I think a "safe interpretation" (i.e. what I think the rule means) is thus:

- DLR can attack as they please - "alliance cooperation" fits nicely under this.
- DLR can defend fleetcatches - "alliance cooperation" has been used for this in the past, and I don't see why anyone shouldn't
- if DLR/ND were participating in inter tag day to day defending, that I think is something that is harder to justify.

If DLR/ND have any sense, they'll restrict their inter tag activity to the top 2 categories.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 11:34   #554
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokken
- DLR can defend fleetcatches
I assume by this you mean DLR can ask ND for help in defending fleetcatches on DLR planets? As between their entire alliance I doubt DLR could magic up 100 OOGOOA defence viable ships for defending ND.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokken
- if DLR/ND were participating in inter tag day to day defending, that I think is something that is harder to justify.
And if we start fleetcatching a DLR or two daily, what then?

The rules should be there to cover all these scenarios. Personally I'm happy to go with whatever PATeam come up with as long as they make it clear where everyone stands.

I think its safe to say the last thing anyone wants is for planets to be closed when that could have been avoided. Especially now when it could well ruin what has been a brave, aggressive move by ND. If 1up come out on top I want to know that we deserved it. A win by default is worse than losing honestly.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 11:45   #555
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK.:.VJ
nor are there any DLR players in ND`s def chan.
o'rly? Not what was being said earlier by ND/DLR.

Last edited by Gimmick; 2 Mar 2006 at 11:57.
Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 11:48   #556
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Green dots would be pretty olle :>

Gimmick you dont know what your talking about
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 11:51   #557
Gimmick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
Gimmick you dont know what your talking about
Seemingly I know more than you and im not even ND.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Cura
As IAD HC of ND I think I'm in a pretty credible spot to say this here, as I don't really care that much about EA cause simply, it's too annoying with too many e-penis comparing etc..

But now to my response:
I won't deny there have/has been (a) DLR member(s) who tried to get defence for their/his planet(s) from ND.

Last edited by Gimmick; 2 Mar 2006 at 11:56.
Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 11:53   #558
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Pretty much the same as Ascendancy, Daeos Dava and reinVENted afaik.
why do you have this constant need to flash your "INTEL"(lol) where it has absolutely no relevance to the post your quoting?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 11:53   #559
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog
Dim? No Mazz one thing i'm certainly not is dim.
If you remove inactives throughout the round & add new higher scoring planets. Is it not with the intention of improving your alliances score & gaining ranks?
You're trying to claim that somethings wrong, but only if done on a certain scale. That's absurd. Something is either wrong or it isn't. Moral or immoral, honorable or dishonorable, scale never has anything to with it.
Of course it's wrong on a certain scale in this case. 1up have added 3 extra players throughout the round which is all part of the natural cycle of an alliance which ND have also done and which is a perfectly acceptable part of every round for every alliance.
The difference is that we aren't talking about just adding a couple of player over a few weeks who have been permitted to join because they are a type of player the alliance would benefit from. We are talking about a BG that left an alliance, claimed to be nothing to do with an alliance, allowed the alliance to recruit to the maximum number then join at the end to unrealistically bolster the score.

If you can't see that and still try to justify that action by claiming "well you added a couple of players throughout the round" then yes, you are dim.

Quote:
hy·poc·ri·sies
The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

It has nothing at all to do with me liking it or not. It's a matter of him stating that it would be dishonorable for us to do something that he himself had already done. Perhaps you were unaware of the definition of the word?
Code:
7 entries found for same.
same   Audio pronunciation of "same" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (sm)
adj.

1. Being the very one; identical: the same boat we rented before.
   2. Similar in kind, quality, quantity, or degree.
   3. Conforming in every detail: according to the same rules as before.
   4. Being the one previously mentioned or indicated; aforesaid.

adv.

In the same way: The words sale and sail are pronounced the same. 

pron.

1. Someone or something identical with another.
   2. Someone or something previously mentioned or described.
For it to be hypocrisy the situation must be mirrored. One man leavign an alliance for another that he prefers is most definately not the same as an entire BG joining an alliance purely for the benefit of unfairly inflating the rank of said alliance. Perhaps you are unaware of the definition of the word?

Quote:
I'm simply looking for some logic in your arguement.
The only reasoning you seem to have for it to be wrong is that you don't like it. It's obviously not wrong, as its commonly accepted practice throughout several alliances.
Where has Elysiums win been accepted? This would be the "same" as that. Not the same as an alliance taking in a couple of new members over the round. Doesn't mater how many times you try and scream it, it just isn't.

Quote:
Yes to call some a hypocrite is to call someone a name.
I didn't call TomKat a hypocrite, I said what he had posted was hypocritical. Surely you must be able to comprehend that someone can make a hypocritical comment without actually being a hypocrite.
It happens all the time, generally when someone isn't thinking through what they are saying.
How is that at all possible? How can be make a hypcritical statement without being one? Are you only a hypocrite based on how many hypocritical statements you make? I think I'll move a quote of yours here as it's far more applicable:

Quote:
So where's the line? Who gets to decide the line? Do we take a vote? Or do you just know it when you see it?
Please, show me some sort of actual logic to your arguement.
I guess you will let us know how many statements it takes to make a hypocrite?

I must also add that anyone defending an action I've already said I don't think you'd follow through on this vehemently most definately seems to be doing so with ulterior motives. Getting the justification prepared perhaps?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:02   #560
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmick
Seemingly I know more than you and im not even ND.
So by that quote of cura you can tell they are in our def chan ?
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:07   #561
Gimmick
Banned

Quote:
So by that quote of cura you can tell they are in our def chan ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND HC aka El-Cura
There are people who are in the ND private room that aren't ND
I can carry on quoting other ND HC and members, if you wish me too ofc. This thread is like a comic sketch show. ND and DLR are laurel and hardy. They keep bumping around on these boards with different stories, contradicting each other and generally making a fool of themselves. Now please tell me el-cura isnt ND HC and I will apologise, however im sure he is HC (although judging by ND atm one minute you are in there alliance chan, the next minute your not so who knows)

Seriously speak to the rest of ND, work out which lies you are going to tell, where you are going to tell the truth and not come on here and contradict yourselves.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:09   #562
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Basically grog is already saying it's "ok" if they join ND late in the round? Does that mean the ely "win" was ok too? as that's the same... oh wait... they didn't share chans all round long... but besides that point?

I think the main problem with dlr and nd deffing each other IS that they share nd private channel (atleast quite a few do) and they share def while the way dlr plays is basically evading the alliance limit atm. I'm quite sure if exi play next round with 55 people in tag but skyhead* has a bg of 20 guys in another tag everyone will flame them like hell.
Surely you lot must understand that doing this sort of stuff and co-operating like you are now won't be liked by the community... if you can't, i feel sorry for you. As i've said before 1up has played with this idea of making such a group aswell, within 3 minutes we decided it would be unfair and trying to get past the alliance limit rules and we decided not to do it.

* orders to use his nick by bwtmc

Last edited by cypher; 2 Mar 2006 at 12:58.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:17   #563
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

ehmmm don't lie. we all know ascendancy is an extension of 1up, heh. why hasn't anyone else noticed? 1up - Ascendancy?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:21   #564
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
Basically grog is already saying it's "ok" if they join ND late in the round? Does that mean the ely "win" was ok too? as that's the same... oh wait... they didn't share chans all round long... but besides that point?
I fail to see the fundamental difference between that and 1up recruiting the best LCH members towards the end of r14.

Every alliance has done "bad" things in the past and will continue to do so in the future. It's all about winning, and whoever finishes 1st gets to laugh at everyone else. If everyone knows that ND and DLR are planning to merge, then surely the obvious strategy is to hit ND and DLR to make sure that their scores aren't high enough to win?

Whoever is #1 wins, there's really no point in calling it "unfair" or "lame" - I'm sure that 99% of the people here would not be saying that if it was their own alliance using this tactic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
ehmmm don't lie. we all know ascendancy is an extension of 1up, heh. why hasn't anyone else noticed? 1up - Ascendancy?
Ascendancy is quite clearly the 1up recruitment wing. Surely everyone knows this?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:24   #565
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Where has Elysiums win been accepted? This would be the "same" as that. Not the same as an alliance taking in a couple of new members over the round. Doesn't mater how many times you try and scream it, it just isn't.
I accepted it and gave Elysium due credit.

You can go back and check, it should be there.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:25   #566
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
I fail to see the fundamental difference between that and 1up recruiting the best LCH members towards the end of r14.

Every alliance has done "bad" things in the past and will continue to do so in the future. It's all about winning, and whoever finishes 1st gets to laugh at everyone else. If everyone knows that ND and DLR are planning to merge, then surely the obvious strategy is to hit ND and DLR to make sure that their scores aren't high enough to win?

Whoever is #1 wins, there's really no point in calling it "unfair" or "lame" - I'm sure that 99% of the people here would not be saying that if it was their own alliance using this tactic.
By that token I assume you were more than happy for Elysium to win round 10 having only done so by recruitment only? 1up added approximately 2/3 members when the round was already out of everyone elses reach rather than overtaking a more deserving alliance by virtue of adding high score planets only.

This isn't about "unfair", it's about undeserved. And I feel as though I must point out that I have consitently said I didn't think this would actually happen. Grog has just taken it upon himself to launch into a point scoring excersise over semantics rather than me actually accusing ND/DLR of anything.

I guess if it's acceptable then we can start talks with the biger Ascendancy crew about thier upcoming 1up membership? Just a shame we'll have to kick Zhil

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:25   #567
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think the main problem with dlr and nd deffing each other IS that they share nd private channel (atleast quite a few do) and they share def while the way dlr plays is basically evading the alliance limit atm. I'm quite sure if exi play next round with 55 people in tag but HK has a bg of 20 guys in another tag everyone will flame them like hell.
Surely you lot must understand that doing this sort of stuff and co-operating like you are now won't be liked by the community... if you can't, i feel sorry for you. As i've said before 1up has played with this idea of making such a group aswell, within 3 minutes we decided it would be unfair and trying to get past the alliance limit rules and we decided not to do it.
Hrhr HK doesn't know how to attack let alone run a battle group.

Running attacks for 20 people, I can't see that happening

HK
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:26   #568
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
why do you have this constant need to flash your "INTEL"(lol) where it has absolutely no relevance to the post your quoting?
Not intel at all, merly an observation of the mentioned "alliances"
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:28   #569
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I accepted it and gave Elysium due credit.

You can go back and check, it should be there.
Most definately the minority then.

Quote:
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:29   #570
Spritfire

Quote:
I can carry on quoting other ND HC and members, if you wish me too ofc. This thread is like a comic sketch show. ND and DLR are laurel and hardy. They keep bumping around on these boards with different stories, contradicting each other and generally making a fool of themselves. Now please tell me el-cura isnt ND HC and I will apologise, however im sure he is HC (although judging by ND atm one minute you are in there alliance chan, the next minute your not so who knows)

Seriously speak to the rest of ND, work out which lies you are going to tell, where you are going to tell the truth and not come on here and contradict yourselves.
We have mote than just one privat room.

BIG TIME SHOCKER

-edit-

I THOUGHT TALKING ABOUT REP WAS BIG AND CLEVER TIL LOK FOUND IT AND EDITED OUT - DO NOT DO IT

Last edited by lokken; 2 Mar 2006 at 12:37.
Spritfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:35   #571
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Most definately the minority then.
Well people know that in terms of winning battles and generally dominating, Eclipse won.

That doesn't stop me giving anyone credit for alliances coming top of the ranking and being clever enough to get past Eclipse, even it was by recruitment..

They are probably one of the worst alliances to win planetarion, which to me is a pretty big achievement. That to me is simply good stewardship of an alliance.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:35   #572
Gimmick
Banned

Quote:
We have mote than just one privat room.

BIG TIME SHOCKER
No need to get technical, fact of the matter is DLR are in the ND private room god know which one, but clearly one that they can call defence for. Also incase you havent read the thread ND HC confirmed this is true, so dont pull a Mek and deny the prescence of DLR, we know some are in ND private. Also in case you havent read the thread:

Quote:
(15:41) -Grog:#ndawn- eta 8 anti frig needed, PM miconof
(15:43) <h3ll> first notice of the rd grog?
(15:46) <Grog> yeah i think so h3ll
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:35   #573
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Hrhr HK doesn't know how to attack let alone run a battle group.

Running attacks for 20 people, I can't see that happening

HK
lol well just using him as example as he's a well known exi guy :P gimme another name and i'll edit post if you want
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:36   #574
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Well people know that in terms of winning battles and generally dominating, Eclipse won.

That doesn't stop me giving anyone credit for alliances coming top of the ranking and being clever enough to get past Eclipse, even it was by recruitment..

They are probably one of the worst alliances to win planetarion, which to me is a pretty big achievement. That to me is simply good stewardship of an alliance.
Which just enforces my point about "deserved" wins.

I must also add that there is subtle difference between what Eysium did and what Nd/DLR would be guilty of should the same thing happen.

Elysium took advantage of round mechanics in terms of FAnG folding. ND would be taking advantage of deliberately circumventing the alliance limit rule and being able to choose the best 55 of 70 players.

It's beyond me how fickle people are. When Ely did it there was outcry, when ND merged with Sin there was outcry and it's now suddenly "ok". If 1up or eXilition had pulled a routine like this we'd be flamed for years to come. The hypocrisy makes me retch. It's the last I have to say on the subject so any points related to this matter henceforth will be ignored*.

* Again, this isn't a concession, just that the level of double standards being shown is something I'd rather stay well away from.

Quote:

Last edited by mazzelaar; 2 Mar 2006 at 12:41.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:40   #575
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Which just enforces my point about "deserved" wins.
They deserved it, they were smart enough to do it to get 1st placed ranking.

On top of this:

Do they care that they deserved it?

I doubt they do. So they're laughing.

Just because I respect Eclipse more during that round doesn't mean anything as to who deserved a win.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:44   #576
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol well just using him as example as he's a well known exi guy :P gimme another name and i'll edit post if you want
Just for comedy value. SkyHead
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:47   #577
Gimmick
Banned

Quote:
They deserved it, they were smart enough to do it to get 1st placed ranking.

On top of this:

Do they care that they deserved it?

I doubt they do. So they're laughing.

Just because I respect Eclipse more during that round doesn't mean anything as to who deserved a win.
The problem is elysium didnt start the round thinking that to win they would recruit fang. On the contrary it was circumstantial. However ND and DLR are blatantly co-operating on some level. If they did merge then yes they would win however it wouldnt be good for the game, and certainly not for ND in the long run.

DLR arent geniuses for thinking of this, im sure many have thought about doing it, however everyone has a level of morality in this game and im sure not even the worst of us would do such a thing.

This is of course if ND and DLR did merge swap players etc, which I highly doubt.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:55   #578
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Elysium took advantage of round mechanics in terms of FAnG folding. ND would be taking advantage of deliberately circumventing the alliance limit rule and being able to choose the best 55 of 70 players.
As Rob pointed out, all alliances have done this, yourselves included.

Quote:
It's beyond me how fickle people are. When Ely did it there was outcry, when ND merged with Sin there was outcry and it's now suddenly "ok". If 1up or eXilition had pulled a routine like this we'd be flamed for years to come. The hypocrisy makes me retch..
If it's within the rules, people will use the rules to their advantage. It is unfortunate, but expected. If you don't like the rules, you try and get them changed. If an alliance wins by legitimate means, it makes their win no less valid just because you didn't like it.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:55   #579
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I guess if it's acceptable then we can start talks with the biger Ascendancy crew about thier upcoming 1up membership? Just a shame we'll have to kick Zhil
You've got it all wrong.

IF Ascendancy = recruitment alliance for 1up

AND

1up = Fury

THEN

Ascendancy = Wrath

THEN

Zhil = Ascendancy CEO

THEREFORE

cannot be kicked.

what a way to noob mazz
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:59   #580
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
I'm not going through the whole comparison thing with you aswell as Grog, it's painful. Three planets added at varying intervels is nothing like the same as adding a full BG who's only aim has been to increase score to the maximum amount so that they can be added later in the game to artificially raise an alliances score.

Quote:
If it's within the rules, people will use the rules to their advantage. It is unfortunate, but expected. If you don't like the rules, you try and get them changed. If an alliance wins by legitimate means, it makes their win no less valid just because you didn't like it.
Surely if you agree that they have done it to circumvent the alliance limit then they become support planets whcih is most definately against the rules.

Quote:
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:59   #581
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The obvious point to make at this juncture is that not many alliance players are happy with the support rule, especially when tags are involved.

To me I think a "safe interpretation" (i.e. what I think the rule means) is thus:

- DLR can attack as they please - "alliance cooperation" fits nicely under this.
- DLR can defend fleetcatches - "alliance cooperation" has been used for this in the past, and I don't see why anyone shouldn't

If DLR/ND have any sense, they'll restrict their inter tag activity to the top 2 categories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles

And if we start fleetcatching a DLR or two daily, what then?
First, I agree with Lokken's interpretation.

In my eyes it would be fine for ND to defend because fleetcatches take special priority in the relationship between two separate alliances. It's give and take, if there was a big fleetcatch on a NDer then I would expect DLR to reciprocate by retalling all of the planets involved in the fleetcatch.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:59   #582
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No need to get technical, fact of the matter is DLR are in the ND private room god know which one, but clearly one that they can call defence for. Also incase you havent read the thread ND HC confirmed this is true, so dont pull a Mek and deny the prescence of DLR, we know some are in ND private. Also in case you havent read the thread:
Ive been in #private more than once, does this mean i and 1up was cheating?

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:00   #583
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

wow

The 1up propoganda squad out in full force today.

So many lies, half truths, twisted truths, inaccuracies & out of context comments its almost overwhelming.

I start out in an arguement over hypocrisy & now they have us merged.
I hope no-one got hurt jumping to conclusions so quickly.

We couldn't just have an enjoyable debate about the basic hypocrisy of what you claim to be right or wrong?
I guess civility & logic was to much to hope for.
It started out so promising & now seems to just be a case of who-ever yells the loudest wins.

No Mazz i'm not looking for justification. I was looking for a solid arguement for your case.
Whatever course of action we take, I don't care what you think we'll do & I certainly don't have to justify my actions to you or your propoganda team.

Well my question never got answered, we don't know what is acceptable or not. So I think it's safe to assume mazz will let us know if he sees it.

:-) probably right after he lets the PA support team know.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:02   #584
Gimmick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
iirc I never said that an alliance is cheating by being in another allies chan. What I was rasing the point is that ND members are denying it when ND HC have confirmed it. Thats my gripe.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:03   #585
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
iirc I never said that an alliance is cheating by being in another allies chan. What I was rasing the point is that ND members are denying it when ND HC have confirmed it. Thats my gripe.
Fact: DLR isnt in any ND-Defence channels.
Read it the way you want..

Proud to be Newdawn
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:04   #586
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
First, I agree with Lokken's interpretation..
You can't interpret the rule

You can only guess what they probably won't delete you for.

Just a final note on the round 10 issue (as quite frankly it was discussed a long time ago): If other people don't have a consistent view on the tactic, then its not my problem.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:04   #587
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Rob is utterly wrong. As are you.

I can't believe either of you, being clever lads, can remotely compare recruiting less than a handful of members during the round to recruiting a BG worth.

Didn't the rules also contain a clause for closure if they utilized an unfair advantage not covered by the rules? To prevent loopholes being found in coding etc

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:05   #588
Gimmick
Banned

Quote:
Fact: DLR isnt in any ND-Defence channels.
Read it the way you want..
Read it.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:05   #589
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
wow

The 1up propoganda squad out in full force today.

So many lies, half truths, twisted truths, inaccuracies & out of context comments its almost overwhelming.

I start out in an arguement over hypocrisy & now they have us merged.
I hope no-one got hurt jumping to conclusions so quickly.

We couldn't just have an enjoyable debate about the basic hypocrisy of what you claim to be right or wrong?
I guess civility & logic was to much to hope for.
It started out so promising & now seems to just be a case of who-ever yells the loudest wins.

No Mazz i'm not looking for justification. I was looking for a solid arguement for your case.
Whatever course of action we take, I don't care what you think we'll do & I certainly don't have to justify my actions to you or your propoganda team.

Well my question never got answered, we don't know what is acceptable or not. So I think it's safe to assume mazz will let us know if he sees it.

:-) probably right after he lets the PA support team know.
Well done on avoiding every single point I made whilst still managing to come accross as a 12 year old in a point scoring argument.

I feel humbled, I really do.

Quote:
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:09   #590
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Do I really need to bother defeating this worthless comment?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:11   #591
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
By the logic of many posters here, thats really what they are saying..

They are saying since some DLR is in one of our private channels, they are support planets, ie cheating..

Proud to be Newdawn
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:13   #592
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Rob is utterly wrong. As are you.

I can't believe either of you, being clever lads, can remotely compare recruiting less than a handful of members during the round to recruiting a BG worth.

Didn't the rules also contain a clause for closure if they utilized an unfair advantage not covered by the rules? To prevent loopholes being found in coding etc
It's not a loophole when there are rules designed to prevent merges, but not one by one member recruitment. This lays a strong presumption on late round recruitment being a permitted activity for all alliances.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:14   #593
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
It's not a loophole when there are rules designed to prevent merges, but not one by one member recruitment. This lays a strong presumption on late round recruitment being a permitted activity for all alliances.
It's a loophole and you know it.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:15   #594
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
By the logic of many posters here, thats really what they are saying..

They are saying since some DLR is in one of our private channels, they are support planets, ie cheating..
Since we've seen ND defend DLR planets, thats not the same as inviting you into our private room for a laugh when we were allies. There was nothing ingame related about it.

Next.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:21   #595
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
It's a loophole and you know it.
When you've got some justification for it being a loophole instead of throwing your toys out the pram, you might get somewhere.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:22   #596
Spritfire

So its illegal to defend other alliances now?

Does ND have some speciall rules only for themself ? Wich is utterly strict since 1up dont like us ?
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:24   #597
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No. So don't.
I don't bother defeating WORTHLESS comments all the time. (this one is the exception that confirms the rule)

edit:
added some STYLE on request of Phil^.

Last edited by cura; 2 Mar 2006 at 13:36.
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:29   #598
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

So who is ascendancy targetting? Doesn't look like they are targetting 1up, and their roid gain today was impressive.
On a side note, looks like ND military has started to lose control of their firepower.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:30   #599
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-CuRa
No. So don't.
I don't bother defeating worthless comments all the time. (this one is the exception that confirms the rule)
if you're gonna whine/gripe/flame/'troll', at least do it with style fs
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:30   #600
Gimmick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
So who is ascendancy targetting? Doesn't look like they are targetting 1up, and their roid gain today was impressive.
If there roid gains were impressive they certainly werent targetting ND.