User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Nov 2005, 19:22   #101
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: What's really going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
ah drats

Thought your post would be about why 1up is working together with xVx, Sid...
Shh, that's meant to be a secret.
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 19:30   #102
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about

That you lot even bother reading this.
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 19:56   #103
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Thats one way to look at it. So you take the little brothere roids, and the big brother takes the roids you took AND some from you. Yeah, thats a sure way to win.
You're assuming I'm worse at defending than the little brother. I'm offended.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 22:43   #104
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
ah drats

Thought your post would be about why 1up is working together with xVx, Sid...
I thought yours would be about eX cooperating with HR :\
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 00:02   #105
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

The fact HR are banned from defending 1up in gal?

I found that quite amusing tbh...
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 00:16   #106
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
The fact HR are banned from defending 1up in gal?

I found that quite amusing tbh...
Well that and the fact that HR HC stated that they are allied with ROCK and eX on tonights membersmeeting
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 04:21   #107
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

whats amusing is that you bother having spies in hr.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 06:19   #108
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

One doesnt need to have spies in HR in order to gain information from HR.

Im speaking from experience.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 08:48   #109
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
One doesnt need to have spies in HR in order to gain information from HR.

Im speaking from experience.
What the man says ^^
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 11:29   #110
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I see HR are losing members today. Someone not happy by these... rumours?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 13:14   #111
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
I see HR are losing members today. Someone not happy by these... rumours?
nah, just cleaning out the inactives

Currently - Ultores
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 13:55   #112
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
You're assuming I'm worse at defending than the little brother. I'm offended.

Nah, thats not the point of the analogy :-)

the way I see it, he means: If your gonna try and take the little brothers money, your gonna have both the little brother taking a bit of his money back, but also have the big brother taking not only the money you stole from his brother, but a chunk of your own.

Thus whilst you might be weakening the little brother a bit, the only one who is gaining is the big brother. and if you focus on the little brother long enough, you wont be in any position to even think about doing anything to big brother. though the chances are, he'd have pounded the **** out of you anyway.

The problem is, people using the same strategies every round. They imidiately think "oh lets attack the weaker alliance, as we can kill them off and then go kill the big one" that used to work, but very rarely does now, due to the playerbase and due to most of the top alliances being very similar in average player abilities. so by the time the weaker one is down, the big one has been hitting you and growing off you. so you cant do as much harm to them if you did attack them.
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 14:14   #113
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
Nah, thats not the point of the analogy :-)

the way I see it, he means: If your gonna try and take the little brothers money, your gonna have both the little brother taking a bit of his money back, but also have the big brother taking not only the money you stole from his brother, but a chunk of your own.

Thus whilst you might be weakening the little brother a bit, the only one who is gaining is the big brother. and if you focus on the little brother long enough, you wont be in any position to even think about doing anything to big brother. though the chances are, he'd have pounded the **** out of you anyway.

The problem is, people using the same strategies every round. They imidiately think "oh lets attack the weaker alliance, as we can kill them off and then go kill the big one" that used to work, but very rarely does now, due to the playerbase and due to most of the top alliances being very similar in average player abilities. so by the time the weaker one is down, the big one has been hitting you and growing off you. so you cant do as much harm to them if you did attack them.
Is your alternative better? Hitting the big brother (which is stronger) and let the little brother hit you? Here you'll gain little from big brother, he'll gain loads from you AND little brother gains aswell. The outcome of this is that big brother will become to big AND little brother will become equal brother or even big brother himself ...

Maybe I'm wrong, Morden, but plz describe me an alternative ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 15:18   #114
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Well there are 2 options:

If you manage to beat up the little brother, can you then stop the big brother?

Can you stop big brother at all? If you can, do it before he gets too big, and then you know you can knock the little brother out.

edit: If you cant beat the big brother, why punch him to start with?
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 15:33   #115
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Then it would be a round full of ND's and that wouldnt be much fun would it
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 15:41   #116
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Thats loser talk.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 15:42   #117
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
Then it would be a round full of ND's and that wouldnt be much fun would it
Sounds like a perfect world to me tbh
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 16:05   #118
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well there are 2 options:

If you manage to beat up the little brother, can you then stop the big brother?

Can you stop big brother at all? If you can, do it before he gets too big, and then you know you can knock the little brother out.

No, you don't get what this is all about then (no offense m8).

you have 2 choices right? Hit the big brother or hit the little brother. On that we can all agree right?

Now, if we hit the big brother then we'll cap little roids, he'll cap MORE roids from us AND little brother caps ALOT of roids from us.

If we hit little brother then we cap ALOT of roids from little brother, he'll cap little from us and big brother will cap ALOT from us.

Now let's compare the end result. In the first example ...

Big Brother: Grows alot !!
Little Brother: Grows alot !!
yourself: loses alot !!

When we look at the 2nd example ...

Big Brother: Grows alot !!
yourself: loses alot !!
Little brother: loses MORE then yourself !!

What's the difference? That in the first example, you'll be smaller then big brother AND smaller then little brother in the end. In the 2nd example you'll stay bigger then little brother.

So, and plz be honnest, which of the 2 alternatives is the best? Or ... could you genuinly provide me with a 3rd alternative (don't say "then don't start a war") using exactly the same situation?

Mind you this is purely hypotetical and does not apply my alliance is in this situation or anything ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 22 Nov 2005, 16:08   #119
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Alternative 3:

Get Mohammed in the flashy BMW to help you do your dirtywork, thus you gain and both the brothers loose.
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 16:38   #120
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Being incredibly basic (and ignoring the fact that this is supposed to be an analogy for PA) you should ally with little brother and kick the shit out of big brother or get someone else to kick the shit out of little brother and help you with big brother.
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 16:55   #121
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

As I understood it. Together the little brother and big brother were stronger than you. But you are stronger than either on their own. If you fight the little brother, he dies quicker (okay let's hope he doesn't actually die, just get hurt a lot so he gives up), but the big brother could have done a lot of damage in that time.

Or you fight the big brother, meaning he gets weaker, but the little one gets stronger. And when the little brother overtakes the big brother, you switch and attack him. Meaning both remain below you.

Or fight them both at once, and they overpower you.

Or did I just missunderstand it too?
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 16:59   #122
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by god113
As I understood it. Together the little brother and big brother were stronger than you. But you are stronger than either on their own. If you fight the little brother, he dies quicker (okay let's hope he doesn't actually die, just get hurt a lot so he gives up), but the big brother could have done a lot of damage in that time.

Or you fight the big brother, meaning he gets weaker, but the little one gets stronger.

Hereby officially requesting the smiley to also appear for :chika-analogy:

Wait can I request things of myself? Oh :chika-analogy:
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 16:59   #123
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by god113

Or you fight the big brother, meaning he gets weaker, but the little one gets stronger. And when the little brother overtakes the big brother, you switch and attack him. Meaning both remain below you.

No, you're weaker then the big brother and stronger then the little brother and they BOTH are hitting you. That's the situation, which of the 2 options I gave is the best course of action and is there a 3rd alternative for the same situation (so no seeking allies, stop fighting, ...)

FA Gaming community

Unread 22 Nov 2005, 17:02   #124
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

i wish i had a brother... sounds like its quite fun!
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 17:17   #125
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
No, you're weaker then the big brother and stronger then the little brother and they BOTH are hitting you. That's the situation, which of the 2 options I gave is the best course of action and is there a 3rd alternative for the same situation (so no seeking allies, stop fighting, ...)
Did you just ask whether there are alternative courses of action if there are no alternative courses of action?
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 18:29   #126
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

been an interresting few days though, with roid losses fluxuating between the alliances on a daily basis.

whether it will be the eND of A1 this round remains to be seen or whether A1 can pull a rabbit out of the hate and climb back to the top. round is far from over.

gl to all sides etc :-)
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 23:25   #127
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

morden is stoned again