User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 16 May 2005, 00:10   #101
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough
Re: Who is winning the war?

Quote:
Originally Posted by virogenesis
you're a fine one to talk really wasn't it your alliance that merged with another to provide yourself with a backbone & structure?

I'm sure you're part of the alliance that sucked until you paired up with 1up & aren't you the same alliance that used to slang off 1up if memory serves me infact a little search could prove that.
Damn I love being me

Don't flame a trying alliance its just sad & pittyful & against the whole ND community idea i'm sure
thanx for the support and just because you have merged 2 "mediocre at best" alliances (wernt they below vision this round on our below par performance??), all of a sudden you are some sort of power-house?? if you dont like what i posted shut up and ignore it, dont post childish little comments and run into your little corner to giggle until you wet yourself :P.

/me lost any rescpect for ND he ever had :/

r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2005, 00:28   #102
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
/me lost any rescpect for ND he ever had :/
Yep, a bit rich for ND to criticise VsN when they were so overwhelmed that they had to merge with the remains of SiN just to keep their core players interested
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2005, 01:38   #103
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Ever heard of freedom of speech? To my knowledge, ND is not about censorship.
Sure I've heard of freedom of speech infact I used it when having a go at my head of year back in high school.
Are you aware of stipulations involved in the freedom of speech act even?

In democratic countries, freedom of speech is taken for granted, though the exact degree of freedom varies between countries and jurisdictions. This freedom generally includes:

* the right to criticize the political system and political leaders, even those in power;
* the right to criticize public and corporate policies;
* the right to criticize religious and political ideas.

Still, in no country is freedom of speech absolute. Limits include, for instance, the prohibition of libel and slander (or defamation) – that is, publishing or saying things that are detrimental to one person in an "unfair" way, though, again, the exact limits of what is prosecutable vary. Some democratic countries banish so-called "hate speech" – speech that is intended to stir up aggression against certain groups for religious, racial, etc. reasons.

Next time don't use something you don't actually understand because it does make you look silly when you post such silly remarks.
Before anyone brings up the word stipulations used in the case for the Human Rights act: Freedom of speech.
Within the bill it contains terms & conditions in how you can express yourself or your party but yet you are governed by censorship laws still.

As for censorship...
Censorship exists to protect straight away it can be tied to the morals of humanity.
But this does also get exploited by corporations with their masterful lawyers finding some paragraph in some ancient law to get around things.

Neferti go have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech so you know exactly what is involved in future.
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
virogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2005, 01:45   #104
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you want to have a debate on censorship I'd advise visiting GD when someone will no doubt be all too delighted to rip your head off for being a fascist shit who supports censorship (which is what they'll call you, not I). Don't project your morality onto others please.
Unread 16 May 2005, 02:15   #105
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Lots of crap.......
Im sure you got his point, and what he meant.. Atm it seems like you are just flamebaiting, which imo seems stupid..
Ill call this a day, and say nn to you..
Hopefully i can wake up to something exciting on AD tomorrow..

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2005, 03:20   #106
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Sure I've heard of freedom of speech infact I used it when having a go at my head of year back in high school.
Are you aware of stipulations involved in the freedom of speech act even?

etc etc etc

You actually bothered to type that lot up? =/

And seriously. All you're hunting to do is cause as much of a ruckus as you can just to make yourself look like you have a shred of knowledge about what yer talking about.

I mean seriously. You're like those stupid teenagers in the theatres who throw bits of popcorn at other people's heads just to get them to turn around angrily and then warrant a fight. Grow up already Viro and stop trying to make yourself look like the greatest thing since the rubber chicken.

Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2005, 04:46   #107
lighty^

This thread is a joke.
Unread 16 May 2005, 05:01   #108
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighty^
This thread is a joke.

puh, thanks for letting us know.

a Moderator can close it now as lighty here has shown us the light
Unread 16 May 2005, 13:06   #109
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka
We are solo

and have been for some time guys where DO you get your intel from :P
Quote:
tbh a poor start due to the block were in has got us into this mess, and we are now rebuiling and recruting with the goal being next round. tbh our average score is improving and we are moving up the rankings.

i look forward to you eating your words next round
Are you in a block, were you in a block ? Did you play Solo ? make up your mind please.

I hope Vision improves for next round. Not sure why that would make me eat my words ? Because I was commenting on your performance this round.
I know Vision can perform better, but I fear that you need some changes that might not be as easily made as you think.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2005, 13:31   #110
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_horn
out of interest what would you consider those much needed changes to be ?
Pm me on IRC tonight and we can have a lengthy chat about it.

Unread 16 May 2005, 13:59   #111
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Listen to the old git tbh...

PM him on irc as well for MCSE queries.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2005, 17:31   #112
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I had no intention of starting a debate on freedom of speech. My point was that ND doesnt try and control what its members think and say.
Unread 16 May 2005, 19:57   #113
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
Are you in a block, were you in a block ? Did you play Solo ? make up your mind please.

I hope Vision improves for next round. Not sure why that would make me eat my words ? Because I was commenting on your performance this round.
I know Vision can perform better, but I fear that you need some changes that might not be as easily made as you think.

i thought tbh it was clear, but obviously not, past history this round concerning vision does not matter all that matters is now we are solo and rebuilding. What i didn't appreciate was nasty comments about our performance that round that were uncalled for and undeserved imo.

hope that is now clear
Unread 16 May 2005, 22:51   #114
Desse
Pr0nstar

Quote:
i thought tbh it was clear, but obviously not, past history this round concerning vision does not matter all that matters is now we are solo and rebuilding. What i didn't appreciate was nasty comments about our performance that round that were uncalled for and undeserved imo.

hope that is now clear
There was no nasty comments about your performance, I stated clearly my opinion on the matter. That you disagree is ok, but I still stand by my words, that I am very disappointed by VsN´s performance the last couple of rounds. To me it seems that VsN are spiralling downwards performance wise.

Unread 17 May 2005, 01:53   #115
barney
Ex-Visionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
There was no nasty comments about your performance, I stated clearly my opinion on the matter. That you disagree is ok, but I still stand by my words, that I am very disappointed by VsN´s performance the last couple of rounds. To me it seems that VsN are spiralling downwards performance wise.
nuf said now imo, the i was not refering to you about the nasty comment was in reference to the_fish, sorry if that wasnt clear m8

i look forward to proving you wrong tho
Unread 17 May 2005, 05:47   #116
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
We don't hit 1up either. We hit HR and VGN (or did atleast) ... Nway I realize a rumour is stronger then a fact so I'll leave it to you all to believe whatever you want to believe.
Huummm, HR before the war => top 2
now => top 7 SAD

good war for u guys =)
Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 07:15   #117
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

I think Angels is the #1 contender for top spot if they keep growing like this. I wonder if they can close the 40 Million gap before ticks stop.
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 12:55   #118
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

They wont.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 13:24   #119
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo
I think Angels is the #1 contender for top spot if they keep growing like this. I wonder if they can close the 40 Million gap before ticks stop.
Unrealistic. We can be the kingmakers this time though
Unread 17 May 2005, 14:19   #120
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Angels are going to die a horrible, fiery death.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 14:39   #121
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Angels never die! :P
Unread 17 May 2005, 14:45   #122
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough

who you making kings?
Unread 17 May 2005, 14:58   #123
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

rofl, this is the dumbest claim Ive EVER EVER EVER ****ing heard
Unread 17 May 2005, 15:14   #124
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Zhil is winning the War.

Top that
Unread 17 May 2005, 15:50   #125
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Angels are going to die a horrible, fiery death.
We've taken the nesc preparations to counter your destructive forces, we however wish you good luck in your quest

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 15:53   #126
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As forest and others mentionned earlier, we're not contenders for the #1 position and at no point in this round will we become that. It took Exi 3 weeks to close a gap from 40 mill to 11 mill and they're still not there ...

Unless an alliance uses mass recruitment or merging, it's imo impossible to close such a gap in such a short period, given that EVERYTHING runs optimal (which is also not gonna happen nway).

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 May 2005, 16:10   #127
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
We've taken the nesc preparations to counter your destructive forces, we however wish you good luck in your quest
This, unfortunately, is why you're going to die. I have absolutely no interest in fighting you, because it's my enemies that are going to tear you to bits.
Unread 17 May 2005, 16:11   #128
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
This, unfortunately, is why you're going to die. I have absolutely no interest in fighting you, because it's my enemies that are going to tear you to bits.
Well then I wish those fighting us the best of luck.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 May 2005, 16:16   #129
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Well then I wish those fighting us the best of luck.
They removed the random element from combat after round 9.5.
Unread 17 May 2005, 16:25   #130
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
As forest and others mentionned earlier, we're not contenders for the #1 position and at no point in this round will we become that. It took Exi 3 weeks to close a gap from 40 mill to 11 mill and they're still not there ...
Exil get a slight bit more targetted than you though.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 16:51   #131
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Exil get a slight bit more targetted than you though.
true, though my point simply was that we're no contenders for the #1spot (because if we were we'd be stopped by other alliances nway, as is happening to exilition).

Jester, don't really understand your last remark

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 May 2005, 17:04   #132
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

He basically said that it is a definite conclusion, no luck invovled.
Unread 17 May 2005, 17:14   #133
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
The willingness of alliances such as NoS to engage in 'fluid politics' has to be saluted, and the success of this round is down to them.
This actually made me crack up and spontaneously burst out in laughter.
Unread 17 May 2005, 17:16   #134
Banned
Banned

Quote:
true, though my point simply was that we're no contenders for the #1spot (because if we were we'd be stopped by other alliances nway, as is happening to exilition).
If you weren't contenders for the #1 spot, why have you spent the entire round fencing rather than playing? I just don't get that :\
Unread 17 May 2005, 17:28   #135
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
This round 1up were seen as the major threat, and so they received a fairly solid beating at the beginning of the round, which they have struggled to recover from.
You what? Do you have ANY idea what is going on this round, or did you just look at rankings once or twice and make the rest up?

1up received a beating at the start of the round, yes, as for struggling to recover from it, I think that implies a context of the beating only being at the start of the round.

There have possibly been 5 (non-consecutive) days this round that 1up hasn't had heavy incomming (heavy meaning more defence calls than we have members). On each of those days, we had massive roid gain (one day was over 10k roids). To say we received a beating at the start of the round and just haven't recovered does not do 1up justice at all. We simply have not stopped receiving large-scale incomming. If you want to know how much incomming we've had, since ticks started, we have COVERED 1,982 defence calls. That ignores uncovered/not reported calls, which are a comparable number.

1up is performing admirably this round despite having constant incomming. Suggesting we were bashed at the start and never recovered is insulting.
Unread 17 May 2005, 17:34   #136
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
If you weren't contenders for the #1 spot, why have you spent the entire round fencing rather than playing? I just don't get that :\
good to know you know asmuch about it as the avg uninformed poster ...

We do play to win but we cannot gain from #6 to #1 (and closing a 40 mill gap) in less then 3 weeks, I'm sure even you can't argue about that. Ohh wait we can, if we mass recruit but that's not an option so ...

And well, lately "not being a block" = fencesitting ... if that's how it's called these days then hey I don't mind at all.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 May 2005, 17:45   #137
Bashar
Idle Git

Well, after having read the entire thread now (I spent several days ignoring it, but finally got bored, so decided to wade in), I have to say I am just....... shocked. This thread is just........ words escape me.

I think what I am gonna have to do is print the thread off, and sell it to the BBC for an insane amount of money as a new plot for soap operas, as with all the swapping and changing and all the changes in the discussion, it rivals such heaps of shit as Neighbours, Coronation Street and Eastenders. Everybody seems to have been trying to give a simple overview of what the political situation is, but the politcal situation this round is by no means simple. It is the most complex I can remember. I don't know how so many suggestions can be made for it without getting it right.

I also noticed how it took only 3.5 posts for the thread to change topic completely, but I will go back to the original and intended topic briefly: Who is winning? I think this is very hard to say other than that Wolfpack is winning at the moment by rankings. No one alliance/block/side/coalition/axis/group seems to be able to get an upper hand and keep it for more than a day or two. The round is by no means decided yet, and all that is going on is a massive roid swapping exercise with the odd muppet sleeping in and losing a fleet.
Unread 17 May 2005, 17:46   #138
Banned
Banned

Quote:
good to know you know asmuch about it as the avg uninformed poster ...
Calling people uninformed on AD is universally shit.

Quote:
We do play to win but we cannot gain from #6 to #1 (and closing a 40 mill gap) in less then 3 weeks, I'm sure even you can't argue about that. Ohh wait we can, if we mass recruit but that's not an option so ...
I didn't say you should be playing for #1. In fact, I heartily support alliances not playing for #1. I am a follower of the Lokken School of Football when it comes to PA. It's not about winning, it's about owning your enemies.

I'm having loads of fun owning (and being owned by) EX. My alliance is currently ranked 10th, and has dropped more rocks than your average farm today. But that's ok, because it's the highs and lows that are fun. Linear roidgrowth because one never gets attacked is boring.

But hey, if you or your members want to go masturbate to a set of numbers in a DB, fine by me.

Quote:
And well, lately "not being a block" = fencesitting ... if that's how it's called these days then hey I don't mind at all.
No. That's not what I said. I'd also like to introduce a new term, because the connotations that the word 'fence' bring up in this situation are misleading. Let us use the loaded word 'neutral'.

Angels are neutral to some alliances. As are nos.

Note that I did not use the word 'block' in these sentences, nor did I use the word 'fence'.

A true fencesitter is someone who ostensibly plays for one side, but makes agreements that limit their ability to do so. Angels don't ostensibly play for either side.

Hydra, btw, are fencing.
Unread 17 May 2005, 17:55   #139
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
But hey, if you or your members want to go masturbate to a set of numbers in a DB, fine by me.
That's very well put but sadly not true. It's not because we (and I'm sure others do aswell) put more value in ranks then others that we don't have fun or don't enjoy a good battle.
Fact is, every alliance is different and has a different set of goals, of which ending #1 is the most common goal of alliances.
The means to reach those goals however are very different. Some do it by blocking, some do it how Angels and Nos are trying to do it, some use other tactics.

Being a small membercore alliance we do put alot of value in ranks, and average score and such. We wanna end as high as possible and if we can avoid major blocks chasing us then the better for us (as you've noticed what happens when a block hits a 63 members alliance ...).

Unlike you and 1up, we don't have the luxury to have won the 2 previous rounds. we still go to win this round but we do it our own way.

Quote:
No. That's not what I said. I'd also like to introduce a new term, because the connotations that the word 'fence' bring up in this situation are misleading. Let us use the loaded word 'neutral'.

Angels are neutral to some alliances. As are nos.

Note that I did not use the word 'block' in these sentences, nor did I use the word 'fence'.

A true fencesitter is someone who ostensibly plays for one side, but makes agreements that limit their ability to do so. Angels don't ostensibly play for either side.

Hydra, btw, are fencing.
I thought you ment fence sitting hence my harsh reaction. If you decribe it as somehow "neutral" then I guess that's a valid point.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 May 2005, 18:07   #140
Banned
Banned

Quote:
That's very well put but sadly not true. It's not because we (and I'm sure others do aswell) put more value in ranks then others that we don't have fun or don't enjoy a good battle.
Quote:
Being a small membercore alliance we do put alot of value in ranks, and average score and such. We wanna end as high as possible and if we can avoid major blocks chasing us then the better for us (as you've noticed what happens when a block hits a 63 members alliance ...).

Quote:
Fact is, every alliance is different and has a different set of goals, of which ending #1 is the most common goal of alliances.
The means to reach those goals however are very different. Some do it by blocking, some do it how Angels and Nos are trying to do it, some use other tactics.
Ending #1 is actually not a very common goal. There are a dozen alliances that would be extremely pleased with a top10 or even top15 finish. There are only a handful that have as their goal to end as #1. This round those alliances appear to be EXilition, WP and nos.

Speaking as a 1up, my goal is as previous stated to run around owning our enemies. Whether or not that leads to my alliance getting the number 1 rank or not is of secondary importance. Whether or not I could have achieved a higher personal rank by not being as overtly hostile as I am is entirely irrelevant.
Quote:
Unlike you and 1up, we don't have the luxury to have won the 2 previous rounds. we still go to win this round but we do it our own way.
I don't quite see how that is a luxury
Unread 17 May 2005, 18:17   #141
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Just because we avoid entering a block war with the potential of becoming the focus of the opposite block doesn't mean we don't enjoy a good fight. We've had and still have our wars. though looking at the bigger whole, I guess those "wars" are small and unimportant compared to the fleet traffic in the big block wars.

Nway the reason I replied to this thread again was merely to mention that Angels are currently no contenders for the #1spot since we're too far behind and we're being realistic.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 May 2005, 18:18   #142
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hydra, btw, are fencing.
Just for us uninformed masses , Hydra is a solely top WP members BG or multi alliance BG?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-

Last edited by Rinoa; 17 May 2005 at 18:25.
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 18:22   #143
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Nway the reason I replied to this thread again was merely to mention that Angels are currently no contenders for the #1spot since we're too far behind and we're being realistic.
Considering the amount of flames 1up got for saying they weren't after the #1 spot last round, I find this highly amusing.
Unread 17 May 2005, 18:26   #144
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

"We cant win, honest, leave us alone so we can hide in a corner and idle away the round"

If thats not winning then I dont know what is.
Unread 17 May 2005, 18:32   #145
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Considering the amount of flames 1up got for saying they weren't after the #1 spot last round, I find this highly amusing.
Well I don't speak for everyone else, but I never flamed 1up last round for not claiming to go for the win. Tbh I think you'll have to look hard to find me flaming 1up for whatever reason last round.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 May 2005, 18:40   #146
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Well I don't speak for everyone else, but I never flamed 1up last round for not claiming to go for the win. Tbh I think you'll have to look hard to find me flaming 1up for whatever reason last round.
To the left of me in the library I have Neferti, he posts on these forums.

We just looked at each other and thought 'that can't be right'

Is that actually true? We find it hard to believe.
Unread 17 May 2005, 18:57   #147
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
To the left of me in the library I have Neferti, he posts on these forums.

We just looked at each other and thought 'that can't be right'

Is that actually true? We find it hard to believe.
well that's nice

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 May 2005, 19:03   #148
jerome

Quote:
Maybe not "flaming" but, flamebaiting and trolling you definitely did do. Plenty of times.
Unread 17 May 2005, 19:10   #149
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I want evidence of that, as accusing others of trolling is off-limits unless you've got proof of it.
Unread 17 May 2005, 19:26   #150
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I want evidence of that, as accusing others of trolling is off-limits unless you've got proof of it.
Seeing as he was banned for a few days in round 12 due to trolling, I don't think this falls under accusations...