User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 29 Feb 2016, 17:18   #101
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice
Re: R65 Inc stats

I ve had no names listed that became alot more active after joining Ultores so I will assume people go on about a few nicknames only. My members sometimes tell me they ll play in another ally cause they cant be as active and dont want to drag down Ult. Also I am certain there can mostly be speculations about peoples activity within Ult from the outside part.

No cheating is not allowed in Ultores and will never be. Personally other allies using scan script doesnt bother me. I will not allow it in Ult though.
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 17:20   #102
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

I have been watching the cheating accusations and counter claims for a few rounds. Its quite interesting, reminds me of real life politics.

I think part of the problem is really the MH team and how they do their job. This is a game, its not real life however the MH team and the rules that they have to abide by in order to close someone for cheating is ridicules. They have to go above and beyond even what a prosecutor has to do in order to get a conviction. Yeah I know they got to dot every i and cross ever t, but come on, its ridicules how much evidence they have to gather before they can close someone.

It is my believe that MH need to have their rules changed in order to better server the community in determining who has violated the rules of the game. From a player looking in I find the way the MH handle the cases to be lacking. I have heard of several cases where planets where closed and it appears the main planet was reopened or left open while the support planets were closed. The main planet benefited from violating the rules but the MH's did not have enough evidence to close the planet. IMO this should not occur, the rules should be changed so that the main planet does not have a loophole to get out of benefiting from violating the rules. Again I am a player looking in and this is just my impression of how the MH team operates. I have no concrete facts I am just going by my impression of what I have read on teh forums and conversations I have had with people via irc and whatsapp.

Funny thing is that I know some friends or couples that play/played PA and the rules state that more than 1 planet playing from the same IP requires an exception and with that exception the interaction of the planets has to be minimal. Of the top of my head cant remember how much but things like attacking together or defending together cant occur more than a few times a week. Interesting thing to note is that I know of several that have left the game because they get the exception and they are 2 separate distinct people but due to the handicap and numerous rules they have to abide by they stopped playing. Here there are non cheating people wanting to play in the same gal or alliance who are hinder due to the rules and the MH's have come down very hard on them while cheaters get away with farming and other violations.

Something is not right and should be changed

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 17:22   #103
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm
I should clarify this and word it better...

We all know that the use of TeamViewer etc is rife in Ultores.

I get told that it is a requirement that each BP/Fort has an uber active DC for that fort.

There is evidence out there where those forts use TeamViewer to manage defense.

I have also received reports of certain people in command using TeamViewer.

My problem is the people who give such information may themselves not be cheaters, they don't wish to be kicked for leaking such info.

This is not the first time I have accused an alliance of cheating and I don't do so lightly.

What I would say is someone accused of cheating, certainly in the past would respectfully deny the accusations and request proof of the allegations.

Ultores in its response has gone full out offense and anger mode which indicates that we are onto something.

My question is, if we did provide evidence or burn those who gave us info, what would happen? Would the members leaking the info be kicked? would the members cheating be kicked? would the HC involved step down?

I suspect that even with evidence provided, the matter would be swept under the rug and nothing would change.

Again, i'm not saying all Ultores members are cheating but you are associating yourselves with those who are doing so.

Anyway, this is my opinion, formulated on reports from others, not one single source. I have a right to my opinion and a right to express it, however wrong you may wish it is!
What did you think was gonna happen when you "yo pals, ultores are cheating and I have proof, but I'm not gonna show said proof to anyone"?

I find it very hard to believe you have any proof of any cheating, but if you I encourage you to make it public for everyone to see.

If you're not gonna do that then I'd appreciate it if you stopped this crap
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 17:24   #104
Bobzy

Bobzy is a jewel in the roughBobzy is a jewel in the roughBobzy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
I ve had no names listed that became alot more active after joining Ultores so I will assume people go on about a few nicknames only. My members sometimes tell me they ll play in another ally cause they cant be as active and dont want to drag down Ult. Also I am certain there can mostly be speculations about peoples activity within Ult from the outside part.

No cheating is not allowed in Ultores and will never be. Personally other allies using scan script doesnt bother me. I will not allow it in Ult though.
FWIW, there is at least one person in this very thread. Maybe they just suddenly get more free time and decide to join Ult - who knows.

I wouldn't say "Ult are cheats!" but there's no reasonable or logical explanation for other alliances being that far behind - especially with failing members elsewhere apparently prospering in Ult.

Similarly, the time dedication for people (say, who have presumably moved on from being 20 years old into a more 'serious' part of their lives) must be staggering in that alliance. I'm pretty sure I'll need to stop playing soon because my better half would never agree to spam calls at 3am every night. Do members of Ult just not have jobs/partners/children? Maybe that's part of their selection process?
Bobzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 17:27   #105
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobzy View Post
There are deficiencies in all alliances, and it's perfectly feasible that Ult have a lot less of them (they are the best alliance after all), but there are far too many people who are generally poor at defending/uncontactable in <x> alliance then join Ult and become super active.
Give examples, there are not that many people in Ult.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 17:27   #106
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Agar3s you have not given a response to my question, would ultores members who know of cheating and provide evidence to the community be kicked? even if that evidence implicates you?
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 17:35   #107
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
I should clarify this and word it better...

We all know that the use of TeamViewer etc is rife in Ultores.

I get told that it is a requirement that each BP/Fort has an uber active DC for that fort.

There is evidence out there where those forts use TeamViewer to manage defense.

I have also received reports of certain people in command using TeamViewer.

My problem is the people who give such information may themselves not be cheaters, they don't wish to be kicked for leaking such info.

This is not the first time I have accused an alliance of cheating and I don't do so lightly.

What I would say is someone accused of cheating, certainly in the past would respectfully deny the accusations and request proof of the allegations.

Ultores in its response has gone full out offense and anger mode which indicates that we are onto something.

My question is, if we did provide evidence or burn those who gave us info, what would happen? Would the members leaking the info be kicked? would the members cheating be kicked? would the HC involved step down?

I suspect that even with evidence provided, the matter would be swept under the rug and nothing would change.

Again, i'm not saying all Ultores members are cheating but you are associating yourselves with those who are doing so.

Anyway, this is my opinion, formulated on reports from others, not one single source. I have a right to my opinion and a right to express it, however wrong you may wish it is!
You talk about having evidence and refusing to share it, you are trying to hit our memberbase with lies. All you do is make them angry though.

Also why does everyone in this topic keep pretending to have life experience to judge the reaction from someone. None of you come up with a clever way of using it. You try to sound smarter by using it. Atleast try to use guidelines from somewhere that would indicate your reasoning is correct.

No one in their right mind will let you attack them, you are trying to discredit Ult and it is obvious that Ult would react. Furthermore you said in a PM to Chimpie that 50% of the active Ult HC team uses teamviewer, you state you have evidence of it. Yet you can not provide it.

I know you can not provide it cause it simply isnt true, since you talk about defense fleets and command you put it down on 2 HC members that could acces the program. 1 that DC's from work 5/7 days in the week and that dc's through his iphone/ipad. No idea if teamviewer works on mac. But for someone reason I dont think controlling an alliance on your iphone/ipad is something possible to do. The other HC is me personally, ofcourse I will defend myself when you try and call me a cheater. You can have no evidence of something I do NOT do. Its quite pathetic.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 17:38   #108
Wouter

Quote:
Agar3s you have not given a response to my question, would ultores members who know of cheating and provide evidence to the community be kicked? even if that evidence implicates you?
An answer has been given to you outside the forums, Ult does not support cheating or those who protect cheaters. Somehow I doubt anything could implicate me but lets have it. Hell if you have proof of me cheating, I will quit PA.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 17:39   #109
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
My agenda is that the best alliances arnt ranked #1-2-3
If it wasnt FL losing too this "loser" strategy i would make a lot noise about it.
Krypton/RexDrax is trying to make this what PA will look like every round, and should be reported/banned by every user in here wich cares for PA.
There is something rotting in PA, and id say wich "group" was the next victim, but id rather not.
Ahem... WHAT?

This round probably has been 1 of the better rounds. From tick 700 onward there were 5 potential alliances that could win the game; norse, fl, ult, ct, pen. The winner was not decided till very late in the game with either norse, fl or ult taking the win depending on how much they can XP.

#1 and #2 were separated by about 300k. #1 to #3 was just under 5mill. Yes I would love to see more rounds where it came down to the wire. Yeah ult had major incomings compared to other alliances this round and also compared to previous round incomings. They still did really well and should be congratulated on sticking to the game and being so much better than other alliances this round. They are the standard to beat at the moment and have been for several rounds. I dont think anyone (except probably you) can argue the fact that they are 1 of the best alliances in PA history (note I said 1 of the best since its very subjective who is over the last 60+ rounds)

You are probably talking about the tag limit and such. Just to make sure you understand my view since you have a habit of selective reading and convoluting peoples statement to fit you agenda and whatever else goes on in your head. My view is that with the current player base the tag limit should not be increased. With a tag limit increase it will substantially decrease the number of alliances that can realistically go for the win.

Hypothetically speaking, if the tag/counting score limit was 50, norse would either have to recruit 10+ more members in order to compete with alliances that are full tag. Keeping it at a lower limit means they have the chance to go for the win and I like seeing more alliances having the potential for the win. The potential for more politics and war increases with more potential winners.

If PA had 700+ players playing then I can see the argument for a greater tag limit but the way it currently stands I am not in favor of a tag limit increase.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 17:47   #110
Wouter

Quote:
FWIW, there is at least one person in this very thread. Maybe they just suddenly get more free time and decide to join Ult - who knows.

I wouldn't say "Ult are cheats!" but there's no reasonable or logical explanation for other alliances being that far behind - especially with failing members elsewhere apparently prospering in Ult.

Similarly, the time dedication for people (say, who have presumably moved on from being 20 years old into a more 'serious' part of their lives) must be staggering in that alliance. I'm pretty sure I'll need to stop playing soon because my better half would never agree to spam calls at 3am every night. Do members of Ult just not have jobs/partners/children? Maybe that's part of their selection process?
There is another alliance with good night time activity btw, they just dont like to ground as much. Faceless nighttime activity is good cause they have alot of none europeans. Ultores has 50% of their members living outside europe, in timezones that make them just be online when incoming show. We also have people that start work pretty early. It is all about finding a balance and how to use people the best. There are very few people that need the actual ringing, we have 8-15 that respond to nearly every call though. Those are usually used to let those that start for work early just sleep in. During wartime members are more likely to wake up from calls aswell. Doubt it has much to do with their personal situation, more with how they like to win more than anything else.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 17:57   #111
Bobzy

Bobzy is a jewel in the roughBobzy is a jewel in the roughBobzy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
There is another alliance with good night time activity btw, they just dont like to ground as much. Faceless nighttime activity is good cause they have alot of none europeans. Ultores has 50% of their members living outside europe, in timezones that make them just be online when incoming show. We also have people that start work pretty early. It is all about finding a balance and how to use people the best. There are very few people that need the actual ringing, we have 8-15 that respond to nearly every call though. Those are usually used to let those that start for work early just sleep in. During wartime members are more likely to wake up from calls aswell. Doubt it has much to do with their personal situation, more with how they like to win more than anything else.
The night activity is of course a partial explanation - as is the tactical organisation of who sends defence and when.

Even with them, it's fairly staggering how well the alliance does in covering everything - or, almost everything. Almost perfect 3-fleet defence every single night!

Edit: To clarify, I'm not saying Ult cheat. I have nothing to show that they do and no reason to believe certain Ult members would actively lie to me about it when I've discussed such matters with them. It's just odd how far ahead they are. I can understand them needing to be teamed up on (2 vs 1) but the current situation is ridiculous.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 18:01   #112
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Even with them, it's fairly staggering how well the alliance does in covering everything - or, almost everything. Almost perfect 3-fleet defence every single night!
The DCs in Faceless can do as good as Ultores. The only difference is that Ultores can endure this for much more time.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 18:02   #113
Bobzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
The DCs in Faceless can do as good as Ultores. The only difference is that Ultores can endure this for much more time.
It's not about the DCs, though.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 18:03   #114
Wouter

Quote:
The night activity is of course a partial explanation - as is the tactical organisation of who sends defence and when.

That is discipline too though. When someone comes online I use all their fleets at once if possible. Its very ineffective to DC call per call and PM/Whatsapp people for every call seperately. This works quite easily when you have 1 person DCing, you take a look at the incs and see the people that are most usefull and let them 3 fleet to the incs accordingly.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 18:21   #115
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Well TBH if you add Night Sky for running it then you have to add her whole xVx hc team for utilising it.
I don't see how that follows at all. By that logic, everyone should be banned from PA every round for receiving defense from someone who had an Nth degree interaction with a cheater. That's just not a tenable proposition.

In any case, this is a list of people who have run scan bots. Putting other people on that list rather defeats the purpose.

Quote:
Is this "Will" an error in the data acquisition like "Pit", or a real scanner?
Spend 10 seconds on your favourite webby. Then go be embarrassed.

Quote:
Denial is not evidence. Your evidence is evidence. Share it! I'd love to see it.

Quote:
It would be a powerful propaganda tool even if no one ever got closed. It wouldn't be the first time the community took it upon themselves to police bad behaviour.

(That said, as much as I hate it to say it, if that was your goal, it would be better to save it for midround sometime.)

Quote:
You may want to check mod gripe 16.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 29 Feb 2016 at 18:29.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 18:25   #116
fortran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Spend 10 seconds on your favourite webby. Then go be embarrassed.
Clarification required.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 18:28   #117
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Clarification required.
Scans cost resources. Look at the Will's last day. Figure it out.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 18:33   #118
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

My goal is to have Ultores stop cheating and police its own members whatever level they may be in the alliance. tbh its better that I bring this up now and avoid mid-round propaganda.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 18:33   #119
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm
My goal is to have Ultores stop cheating and police its own members whatever level they may be in the alliance. tbh its better that I bring this up now and avoid mid-round propaganda.
Share your evidence then, we're all waiting for it!
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 18:38   #120
fortran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Scans cost resources. Look at the Will's last day. Figure it out.
I see. As he was beating "Migi" every round I thought he was the same case.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 19:19   #121
darts

darts can only hope to improve

Quote:
It's pretty obvious that something is amiss with Ult. There's just no way that there's such a huge disparity between their ability and other alliances' when, essentially, we've got the same players playing round after round after round (and then qutting).

There are deficiencies in all alliances, and it's perfectly feasible that Ult have a lot less of them (they are the best alliance after all), but there are far too many people who are generally poor at defending/uncontactable in <x> alliance then join Ult and become super active.

In a game like PA, where the player base is dwindling, there's just no way that 4 alliances are (or should be) needed to take down 1. In short, even without needing proof, it's hard to see how Ult are quite that good round after round.

The sad thing is that the bigger the blocks become against them, the more support planets will be found. The game is already dying - this is simply speeding up the process.
bobzy id say come and try us out for a round. after the round come with your evaluation. dont come if you "need" the sleep tho.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 20:02   #122
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Bobzy I think what the difference is that you join CT or ND or p3n to have a fun round where as people mostly join Ultores to win. The regular core is extremely dedicated, I've seen agar3s dc my galaxy on a phone whilst driving, he is good and dedicated, every night without fail. They just literally have the cream of the crop every round, people who are there to win, not just chat on irc. That's why it takes 4-5 alliances working together to take them down to everyone else's level.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 20:05   #123
darkzidane
Trollbear

darkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura about

Here's some food for thought for gm

My bp consists of me, vuLgAr, keara and this round V0MiTG0D (last round Chancellor) we are all ex oddr and know trolls... Tell me which of these are are super active pro DCs? V0MiTG0D doesn't even have a tag cause that takes effort we all like our sleep, but we respond when called (sometimes... Looks at vuLgArs dead cr fleet)

Me personally my work patterns change alot between starting work at 6am and mid afternoon. When working mornings I'm getting up around 5am so pretty much in time for first waves showing up. Agar3s and xerxes know this so don't ring me unless desperate... They use a little thing called the ingame fleets page to see what I have free cause in the morning I'm on my phone travelling to work.... When I'm working later or day off I'm in front of my pc gaming til stupid o'clock so they either pm me on irc or WhatsApp...

As for teamviewer I didn't even know what it was til some of you experts accusing us all of using it said about it... The way I see it if you can say for sure we are using it and know how we can be using then you yourselves must be or have been at some point in your pa time
R64 -67 Ultores
R68 tagless
darkzidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 20:14   #124
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Bobzy I think what the difference is that you join CT or ND or p3n to have a fun round where as people mostly join Ultores to win. The regular core is extremely dedicated, I've seen agar3s dc my galaxy on a phone whilst driving, he is good and dedicated, every night without fail. They just literally have the cream of the crop every round, people who are there to win, not just chat on irc. That's why it takes 4-5 alliances working together to take them down to everyone else's level.
No it isn't why.

Not an advert for safe driving either...in fact seems recklessly irresponsible.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 21:06   #125
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

I do wonder whether everyone who is not in Ult is just forgetting what it is like to have an alliance that is effectively DCd. Other alliances in history have done almost as well as Ult at covering without going to the same lengths in terms of def planets and sharing defence among alliances so it seems reasonable to me that Ult can do this.

On cheating I suspect that both sides are correct. I would be very surprised if there is systematic cheating in Ult. I just cant imagine an alliance that is so corrupting that no one would report it when that alliance has had 60 (or 90 depending on reports) players with access for twenty rounds. On the other hand Ult probably does have more instances of individuals cheating simply because those who are most determined to win are also the most likely to cheat. Gm, munkee & co are probably picking up on those.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 21:47   #126
Wouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
I do wonder whether everyone who is not in Ult is just forgetting what it is like to have an alliance that is effectively DCd. Other alliances in history have done almost as well as Ult at covering without going to the same lengths in terms of def planets and sharing defence among alliances so it seems reasonable to me that Ult can do this.

On cheating I suspect that both sides are correct. I would be very surprised if there is systematic cheating in Ult. I just cant imagine an alliance that is so corrupting that no one would report it when that alliance has had 60 (or 90 depending on reports) players with access for twenty rounds. On the other hand Ult probably does have more instances of individuals cheating simply because those who are most determined to win are also the most likely to cheat. Gm, munkee & co are probably picking up on those.
Well if they actually picked up on "those" and they claim to have evidence of these aswell. Why not share the evidence, as for me I think they want to sound more believable. They claim to have proof of things that do not exist. They keep on repeating they have the evidence of it, but will never share it. I am not claiming I can be certain every Ult member plays cleanly and no HC can tell if his alliance is 100% clean.

My thoughts, gm is planning to keep on repeating he has evidence and never showing anything. Munkee will name a few more planets and not provide any evidence.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 22:05   #127
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
No it isn't why.

Not an advert for safe driving either...in fact seems recklessly irresponsible.
What is it then?
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 22:07   #128
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

During the 700 ticks we got concetrated incomming, I was attacked most of the nights, and got called even more nights.
I'd wake up, send fleets, make calcs for my own incs and send the fleets the DC requires. Before my bathroom break was over, I could put my phone on standby and continue sleeping or start my morning routine.

Other people would be doing the same thing, and I knew my incs would get covered, unless we literally ran out of fleetslots.

Now, when I know that everything will be done to get my incomming covered, it becomes a small effort to wake up for a few minutes to send my defence to repay this favour. Since I also knew I'd be called as late as possible to allow me as much sleep as I could get, I became to almost rely on these calls to wake me up in the morning and get my ass to work a bit earlier as I would normally have.

Obviously, had my dcs not put in the effort to try and get EVERY incomming covered, and I would get roided because every available fleet had been sent to their own planet, sound on my phone would be of after night 2. In my opinion this is the main reason Ult is so far ahead in the curve over almost every other alliance out there.

Now, I can't guarantee nobody in Ult cheats. What I do know is I've not seen any evidence for this. In the rare nights where we did not have a dc, or weekend nights where I helped out, people would respond to my calls/sms/whatsapp messages.

Automatically assuming people must be cheating when they are performing better then you are, doesn't exactly show strength or a will to be something better for those members that have been loyal to your alliance for rounds. Faceless seemed to really have their stuff worked out the few nights we managed to free some fleets from defence-duty and put in the effort to stop us. But they are about it, the rest doesn't even come close.

On a final note I'd like to add: claiming people must be guilty because they respond to unfounded allegations is about the weakest argument in the book.

We have based our legal systems on the notion that the accused has every right to scream out it's innocence and evidence has to be brought forward to make these accusation stick. Cheaters must be dealt with, throwing around accusations without proof is doing the exact opposite.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 22:19   #129
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

The denials are however pointless berten. If you are innocent then you will deny it... But of course if you are guilty you will deny it too so why bother?

The legal system bit is also pointless as our systems also allow freedom of speech that allows such accusations with nothing you can do about them!

That said as someone who likes defending (and defence) I can certainly see the attraction of the system you detail compared to the chaos in p3n.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 22:27   #130
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The legal system bit is also pointless as our systems also allow freedom of speech that allows such accusations with nothing you can do about them!
Mm, atleast in belgian legislation slander is something you can be prosecuted for. But obviously this is not the point i was trying to bring forward, more of an illustration of the actual point. (Let's not go into legislation as that wld be offtopic )
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 22:40   #131
Wouter

Quote:
The denials are however pointless berten. If you are innocent then you will deny it... But of course if you are guilty you will deny it too so why bother?

That said as someone who likes defending (and defence) I can certainly see the attraction of the system you detail compared to the chaos in p3n.
Tell that to Mr. Golliwog man.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 22:48   #132
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well yes, and no. Rules of this forum states that "Cheat posts will not be accepted unless they contain evidence and generally, multihunters close planets, not AD mods."

We could have just reported the accusers to the moderators, but they claim to have evidence, so lets have it! I'd rather lift this up to expose their lies, than to sweep it under the rug and in the proccess hold on to every suspicion.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 22:59   #133
Wouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
Well yes, and no. Rules of this forum states that "Cheat posts will not be accepted unless they contain evidence and generally, multihunters close planets, not AD mods."

We could have just reported the accusers to the moderators, but they claim to have evidence, so lets have it! I'd rather lift this up to expose their lies, than to sweep it under the rug and in the proccess hold on to every suspicion.
What have you mentioned now.
GM is reporting himself now and will claim we did it to stop him from posting the evidence.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 23:03   #134
[DDK]gm

Send a MH my way and i will tell him what I know
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 23:05   #135
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
That is your responsibility. You're the one who claims to be sitting on evidence of cheating. Be responsible and visit #multihunters.

Edit: to think you'd post this crap without even reporting it...

* We do not exist *

Unread 29 Feb 2016, 23:08   #136
booji
a bucket

"16) Whining about planet closures/deletions when they aren't related to whether a specific alliance is cheating/harbouring cheats - we are not a customer service forum, PD is the most obvious destination for this until PA team provide otherwise. Cheat posts will not be accepted unless they contain evidence and generally, multihunters close planets"

You missed a fair bit of it. It both manages to be spectacularly unclear (quite possibly intentionally to give the mods maximum room for manoeuvre) and to at least in the initial part of the rule to be referring to a rather different situation that here.

It also ignores the point of my post which was that attempting to shut claimants up does not help but simply encourages people to think that there might be something to the accusations. You have already mentioned that your accusers have gone quiet. Is that not what you want? It is getting to the point where it is you who are keeping the thread going on the topic not your accusers.

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 29 Feb 2016 at 23:13.
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 23:09   #137
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Well as far as i'm aware Ultores has no more closures/deletions than anyone else, and closures is certainly not the case here. The nicks these guys produced haven't been closed as long as i've hc'd them. Noone is whining about closures or deletions. In effect the first sentence in that article doesn't apply, the last one does(which happends to be the reason i copy/pasted only that bit).

* We do not exist *

Unread 29 Feb 2016, 23:20   #138
Wouter

Quote:
So you claim to have evidence to the community, when the community asks for it you say you will give it to the multihunters. Which you know are not allowed to discuss cases with the community.

Man can you not come up with a more cunning plan to discredit Ultores, you sound like you just watched some eighties politics movie and you are trying it out on planetarion. It is pathetic. Come up with the proof or stop saying you have it.
Unread 1 Mar 2016, 00:12   #139
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
What is it then?
You should at least come up with factual statements.

Simply saying it takes 4/5 tags to bring them down to their level is false...as is implying that Ultores run solo and are that much greater in terms of skill level than anyone else...they aren't. Yes, I agree they have individuals that put in dedication, time and effort more so than any other alliance.

PA is a fairly basic game and you are doing those that have played it for many rounds a disservice.

This is before even bringing up the other points in focus in this thread which I will continue to observe, rather than comment on.

What I will say that is applicable...you guys have spoken about this exception rule like it makes one bit of difference. It doesn't.

I was aware of this rule in Rogues when CarDi and Garbanele were allowed in and 3 fleets being free is 3 fleets being free. In a tag of 60, it just takes one person with two accounts to make significant difference if he is around at peak incoming times, as carDi invariably was (not saying they are both his accounts, just using it as an example). If you have multiple people doing this as has been accused, then it really is a huge advantage, rather than the suggestion that this exception rule does in fact handicap these illicit fleet movements.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2016, 00:27   #140
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...djqook5jpg.jpg

Last edited by Hunterrrr; 1 Mar 2016 at 00:49.
Hunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2016, 11:46   #141
Bobzy

Quote:
Overall, I can see that. It's a fair assumption and Ult obviously make a great effort to win each round. For some people, this drive isn't there.

However, there are members that have been in, say, CT and have been uncontactable - not great players at all. They seem to have joined Ult and become 100% reliable defence machines. It doesn't sack up in the slightest. Maybe Ult have threatened them with death if they don't answer def calls?
Unread 1 Mar 2016, 11:49   #142
berten
respect, unity, order

Quote:
However, there are members that have been in, say, CT and have been uncontactable - not great players at all. They seem to have joined Ult and become 100% reliable defence machines. It doesn't sack up in the slightest. Maybe Ult have threatened them with death if they don't answer def calls?
I suggest u read my post
Unread 1 Mar 2016, 12:32   #143
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Overall, I can see that. It's a fair assumption and Ult obviously make a great effort to win each round. For some people, this drive isn't there.

Because you can get away with it in CT. When you join Ult you know what is expected of you. That's what it boils down to. If you aren't up to scratch you won't be invited back whereas in CT you will be cos it has a higher social aspect.

There is nothing wrong with this but if you are gonna let players in that don't look after their planets or help others then you are never going to win against one where everyone does
Unread 1 Mar 2016, 13:24   #144
Wouter

Quote:

Loads of people say this, but I havent seen anyone provide a nickname for such a planet.
Unread 1 Mar 2016, 17:49   #145
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point

From my experience I see no cheating in ult just thought I'd throw that out there.
I just found out that team viewer is like vnc from reading here, and no we don't use it on mass, Instead we use Meatballs and Spaghetti proxy servers hooked up to a Vodka router and powered by methane gas. everyone in ult is required to eat one can of beans per day to ensure we do not run out of gas. The system is great until Xerxes or Aga3rs gets hungry and decides to eat part of the infrastructure. That's when shit hits the fan
Unread 1 Mar 2016, 18:34   #146
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

First off, I would like to congratulate gm on his promotion to the rank of Bloody Butch3r. Your strength and determination in the face of overwhelming skills and, in the words of Charlie Sheen, "Winning!" is second only to your agile pithy-ness and gumshoe truth seeking. Hear Hear.

Secondly, as my signature points out, I've been around the block a couple times in PA. These last few rounds, you could almost call me a PA whore, putting out def ships for whoever would upgrade my planet. It therefore amazes me that anonymous sources, smoke and mirror accusations, and just plain BS is still accepted by this community. This is not real life, its just a fantasy, and any illusion that repercussions from revealing names or proofs would be devastating are just the ramblings of a Drama Debby.

As gamers, we should not accept these sort of accusations and blatent attempts at attention whoring any longer. It's bad enough when Butch3r does it, we've all kind of accepted him as the village idiot, and his idiocy is cute and endearing sometimes, but the rest of us should hold ourselves to higher standards.

If my phone kept irc logs, I could post just pages and pages of the tects and phone calls being made to wake people for def. I myself received untold number of tects, WA messages, pm's on irc, and phone calls from the bot throughout the round. Thats just the way things work in a well oiled machine of an alliance. Spore was that way. Fang was that way. Even Nos, way ba k when, was that way.

If you must always equate success with cheating, than our entire history of PA is nothing but cheating. Everyone of us have, except you gm. Congrats *slow clap*

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2016, 07:12   #147
DeadOps
Forever VisioN

DeadOps is an unknown quantity at this point

eh what is this teamviewer crap your saying Ult uses?....I've been in Ult for many rounds now and have never heard of it....as for scan bots and such...no bot or script has every done scans for me automatically. I am always around at nights(incomming times!) to scan for the alliance I am in. So Ult has never had trouble getting scans done for our incomming...unlike other alliances .

Unread 2 Mar 2016, 08:42   #148
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadOps View Post
eh what is this teamviewer crap your saying Ult uses?....I've been in Ult for many rounds now and have never heard of it....as for scan bots and such...no bot or script has every done scans for me automatically. I am always around at nights(incomming times!) to scan for the alliance I am in. So Ult has never had trouble getting scans done for our incomming...unlike other alliances .

Qft, deed-ops ftw

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2016, 09:57   #149
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Because you can get away with it in CT. When you join Ult you know what is expected of you. That's what it boils down to. If you aren't up to scratch you won't be invited back whereas in CT you will be cos it has a higher social aspect.

There is nothing wrong with this but if you are gonna let players in that don't look after their planets or help others then you are never going to win against one where everyone does
You do realise p3nguins (as I've stated before) have kicked planets during rounds for quite some time now. One reason we remove planets is because of crashing (one culprit of that, other then admitting you could also strangely contact someone else on his behalf when needed) was Vegeta. But we have removed a fair few over the years for crashing a few times during the rounds.. and ironically they end up in Ult. Not suggesting you don't obviously remove them if they did the same thing just wanted to point out we remove them for not looking after the planet.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2016, 10:31   #150
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
You do realise p3nguins (as I've stated before) have kicked planets during rounds for quite some time now. One reason we remove planets is because of crashing (one culprit of that, other then admitting you could also strangely contact someone else on his behalf when needed) was Vegeta. But we have removed a fair few over the years for crashing a few times during the rounds.. and ironically they end up in Ult. Not suggesting you don't obviously remove them if they did the same thing just wanted to point out we remove them for not looking after the planet.
Who have you removed from p3ng that crashed multiple times and that later has ended up in ult?