User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 Mar 2008, 13:28   #101
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Round 26 Predictions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Probably ND. Unless a fresh batch of players take interest in the game again. urwins seemed to be decent. Ascendancy. Afther that is a toss up between who is interested.
I wouldn't write off CT and Jen.

CT have plenty of good, active players and officers. Their problem seemed to be a lack of member control (top planets not hitting the enemy, for example. Whether by ignorance or by planetNAPs (hi ronin?)). This is fixable.

ND's advantage this round seemed to stem from launching more waves on the enemy ( up to ~50% more fleets, according to picking numbers sometimes shared with CT BCs), being able to successfully hide significant score and CT crashing half of their members with a week to go.

The loss of ToF will hurt them, but they'll still be a force.

Jen seem very confident, and I know absolutely nothing about how Nox or others will turn out.

EDIT: I'm going to make a t10 prediction of Asc, Jen, CT, ND, xVx, VGN, ToF, Rock, Nox, Hidden Agenda.

Provided Nox play with 40 players inc scanners and everyone else brings 60. And the universe gangs up on ND. If the universe doesn't, I'd push ND to 2nd.

Last edited by Gate; 7 Mar 2008 at 13:36.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2008, 14:47   #102
Kenny

lol @ NoX with just 40 members.

Hurrah for the foxman propeganda machine.
Unread 7 Mar 2008, 14:52   #103
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
CT have plenty of good, active players and officers. Their problem seemed to be a lack of member control (top planets not hitting the enemy, for example. Whether by ignorance or by planetNAPs (hi ronin?)). This is fixable.
I doubt CT would kick 60% of their members. (Or is there another solution?)
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2008, 15:26   #104
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Jenova (close call with ND)
NewDawn (close call with Jen)
Conspiracy Theory
xVx
Ascendancy
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 09:19   #105
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
lol @ NoX with just 40 members.

Hurrah for the foxman propeganda machine.
Whatever mate, belive whatever u want
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 09:42   #106
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

well obviously now whoever gets up to 75 members wins, makes this round a battle of recruitment, gives established alliances the edge I would think.

on that note I will predict ND, CT, xVx, Asc, Jenova

xVx might even be higher as they had a lot of out of tag support, presumably their 2nd tag will be merged with their 1st. ND also had a lot of support so keep em top.

Last edited by booji; 8 Mar 2008 at 09:49.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 10:06   #107
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah with 75member limit, ND will have a huge advantage. It's up to xVx and CT to try and stop them now, and I doubt either of them will be able to improve that much from their last round piss-poor performances.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 11:34   #108
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

only a merger between 2 aliances now have a chance of stopping ND
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 11:37   #109
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm
only a merger between 2 aliances now have a chance of stopping ND
could be done by joint tagging like ToF-Orbit in r24 rather than a full merger, would mean that smaller alliances could have full tag, however it does require the two alliances in question to be close enough to know they can last the commitment of being in a bloc for a whole round
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 12:44   #110
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Joint tags are an interesting idea, if they become a more widespread phenomenon next round, I'll look forward to see how they work out.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 13:24   #111
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

The player base is likely to be the same or smaller than last time and with several new/re-emerging alliances - ToF Nox Redemption Jenova, only 3 that I know of not playing InS Subh Urwins that means that even with 60 intag thre would be a squeeze

Joint tags could be interesting, particularly with possible friction between the larger and smaller parts of the tag - unfortunately those things aint played out in public. It is a shame that the counted score system kinda stops splits, so no wars when they decide they cant actually stand each other after all which would have been fun to watch
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 13:37   #112
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo
only 3 that I know of not playing InS Subh Urwins
Add TGV aswell in there. But insomnia did not finiush the round, and many ins members went in other allies, so can't really count it in.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 13:44   #113
booji
a bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlaTa
Add TGV aswell in there. But insomnia did not finiush the round, and many ins members went in other allies, so can't really count it in.
hmm not sure if that is true, I know its not yet certain TGV will play but Kargool has not yet said TGV are disbanding, and would obviously like TGV to carry on.

Tho the change to 75 will almost certainly put even more of a squeeze on TGV than there already is.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 14:09   #114
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
Can I still promise to play next round and not show up ?

lmao!
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 14:13   #115
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

The 75 ppl in tag thing opens the possibility of victory by merger, Im not totally sure how an alliance merger works but I think they keep the counted scores of both so 2 alliances of 50 could kick out their 13 worst ppl in the last week and merge, thus possibly beating ND.
It seems seriously underhand tho so I hope this dosnt/cant happen
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 15:33   #116
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji
Tho the change to 75 will almost certainly put even more of a squeeze on TGV than there already is.

Will it? TGV seem to have a pretty solid performance going on and I'd guess they won't lose too many players to defections to 'top' alliances. Ofc, I could be totally wrong.

As for memberlimit; according to ND intel, the entire top 4 were over 60 players.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 15:54   #117
booji
a bucket

Quote:
Will it? TGV seem to have a pretty solid performance going on and I'd guess they won't lose too many players to defections to 'top' alliances. Ofc, I could be totally wrong.
I agree with you that TGV has tended to keep a pretty similar rank from round to round, however this is not really due to having the same set of players, there was a very big change in the member base between round 24 and 25 and I imagine that there will be again.

generally I think that in these threads TGV is rated too low, although very few ppl have put TGV in their T10. I am sure that TGV will be in the top 10 alliances.

tho for all I know OlaTa might be right...
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 16:01   #118
Gate
;D!

Quote:
I agree with you that TGV has tended to keep a pretty similar rank from round to round, however this is not really due to having the same set of players, there was a very big change in the member base between round 24 and 25 and I imagine that there will be again.

generally I think that in these threads TGV is rated too low, although very few ppl have put TGV in their T10. I am sure that TGV will be in the top 10 alliances.

tho for all I know OlaTa might be right...
I'd heard TGV were folding, and I guess some others assumed that too.

If they're playing, then I'd definitely put them t10. TGV have been consistently impressive.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 16:18   #119
booji
a bucket

Quote:
I'd heard TGV were folding, and I guess some others assumed that too.
I guess it shows how uncertain things are that I dont have a clue, although I am not playing with TGV next round I did not really hear much either way while I was still in (and my leaving has very little to do with whether TGV is playing or not...) I would very much like to be able to say for sure I know that TGV wont be disbanding however I fear that kargool shot himself in the foot when he said he hoped TGV would be continuing as quite a few members who had not known until then that there was a possibility of TGV folding immediately began looking for other options.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 16:27   #120
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
As for memberlimit; according to ND intel, the entire top 4 were over 60 players.
We had, if I recall correctly, 72/73 ascendancy "members". I'm, slightly differently to everyone else it seems, very much in favour of higher tag limits. I wouldn't count alliance scores either though so hey.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 16:28   #121
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

ppl join TGV find its Run by Kargool as tho he was Czar of All the Russias and leave again next round right?
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 16:53   #122
booji
a bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo
ppl join TGV find its Run by Kargool as tho he was Czar of All the Russias and leave again next round right?
lol, no matter what ppl might think of kargools higherachical style I think the main reason for TGV members leaving is likely to be that TGV is seen as being a small alliance, worth joining for a round if you have too but then move on once you can get into a better alliance...

but the topic of TGV, and what it may be, or may not be doing next round is moving away from who might win next round.

I rather liked your mergers idea as a way of sneeking to victory, no idea if it works with the counted score system tho, perhaps we will see something like a TGV/ToF merger late on in the round winning next round
can someone enlighten me as to whether that can actually work, would a merger keep both scores counted, or does one alliance count as having totally detagged? is a merger even possible in the current system?
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 17:05   #123
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
We had, if I recall correctly, 72/73 ascendancy "members". I'm, slightly differently to everyone else it seems, very much in favour of higher tag limits. I wouldn't count alliance scores either though so hey.
And NewDawn had 74 'members' iirc. xVx/5th Asylum was 82 tagged up ingame. If Urwins and Conspiracy would reveal their membercounts, it would make us better able ot judge the effect of 75 member tags.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 17:58   #124
Turtle

Turtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura about

I'm not sure exactly how many members we had (we had 6-7 or so quit during the round). I think before round started we had 60-65. With insomnia dying got 5 people apply mid round so we probably topped out at 70 total applicants. Reese would know better than I she was the IA HC.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 19:39   #125
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Vengeance stuck to the 60 player limit - as I stated we would before the round started. We had to turn away a few applicants though.

And, as I also predicted, we finished outside the top 5 for the first time in many rounds.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 20:22   #126
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas
And, as I also predicted, we finished outside the top 5 for the first time in many rounds.
Doesn't take a genius to predict that one. I could sit here and give you a whole freakin list of alliances that *won't* end in the top 5 next round, and I bet you a credit I'm right.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 21:57   #127
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

After several attempts to secure the officers to go on into round 26 we found simply it was not doable, with the added punishment of +15 members to each tag, we simply saw it as an waste of time to put things halfway together.

TGV will not play next round, and its simply ****ing sad to see that once again the PA team has no sense at all in terms of alliance tags. But we shouldn't be surprised now should we.

The honor of the PA team when they decide to piss on the work the people behind TGV have put together just shows how out of touch with the player base they are.

If anyone wants to hear the full story behind how appalling incompetent they are, feel free to pm me on irc.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 22:04   #128
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Feb 16 20:49:45 <Kargool> mac's quitting after this round though.
Feb 16 20:49:54 <Kargool> dont think tgv will carry on either, we'll see.

Oh look here comes kargool on his self-righteous bicycle to take a shot at pateam for a decision he personally disagrees with by citing them as a reason for a decision he'd made anyways.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 22:06   #129
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Oh look here comes kargool on his self-righteous bicycle to take a shot at pateam for a decision he personally disagrees with by citing them as a reason for a decision he'd made anyways.
Yeah, and JBG who has no ****ing clue as to what went on behind the scenes in both PA team and on irc. Your ignorance is as shocking as your incompetence.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 22:06   #130
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
If anyone wants to hear the full story behind how appalling incompetent they are, feel free to pm me on irc.
Now there is an invitation to which my grandma would have said 'those that dont come out of the fire to hear that deserve to get burnt!"
This shows the effects of the 75 player tag immediately as damaging....
on the other hand the ex-TGVers will find plenty of places in a crowded alliance market
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 22:12   #131
booji
a bucket

Quote:

I dont think that is true, from the perspective of someone in TGV it looked like kargool still wanted TGV to continue even without mac, Kargool was looking for a replacement (appologies for turning it down - tho I believe he had found someone) so while things were in the balance it is likely that it is the change to alliance limits of 75 that is the straw that broke the camels back.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 22:19   #132
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, and JBG who has no ****ing clue as to what went on behind the scenes in both PA team and on irc. Your ignorance is as shocking as your incompetence.
There goes kargool on his self-righteous bicycle. Wave goodbye kids!
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 22:24   #133
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

If people feel an alliance is worth staying in, they will do regardless of the alliance limits being lowered or raise. Kargool you might want to reflect that in this case you are wrong.
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 22:30   #134
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN
If people feel an alliance is worth staying in, they will do regardless of the alliance limits being lowered or raise. Kargool you might want to reflect that in this case you are wrong.
I had plenty of people staying in the ally if we wanted to keep it running, however, TGV has always been insistent on that we are to have a fixed officers crew and the guarantee that activity with officers wont be a problem. The people that left us after this round was nothing more than normal, the decision not to play was made because of the difficulty running an active alliance with no officers because they didn't have time or decided to quit PA, some left for pastures green, but no-one of the officers did that how ever, they just quitted.

The pressure on the alliance with the tags being made even bigger this round made the decision easy for us as we saw there was no way in hell we could compete for our members.

We have the core, but no officers.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 22:32   #135
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle
I'm not sure exactly how many members we had (we had 6-7 or so quit during the round). I think before round started we had 60-65. With insomnia dying got 5 people apply mid round so we probably topped out at 70 total applicants. Reese would know better than I she was the IA HC.
We topped out at 69. Finished with about 65. We never had 80 as some intel claimed.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 22:32   #136
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
We have the core, but no officers.
Use a scattered hierarchy then, not a linear one!
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 22:34   #137
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Use a scattered hierarchy then, not a linear one!
We're simply not setup for such a fantastic alliance system as the one you're in.

While many prefer playing easy rider, we preferred it playing like this.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 22:34   #138
booji
a bucket

given how hard things were with the number of officers we had last round things would have been just impossible with even fewer, it is just not possible for an alliance to play if there are not dc's all through the night for defence, or any bcs for raids... no matter how dedicated the core member base if there was not going to be attacks or defense what would be the point in the alliance!
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 22:38   #139
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

When over 30% of the TGV raids were set up by me, I guess I should have seen the warningsigns coming!
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 22:41   #140
booji
a bucket

Quote:
When over 30% of the TGV raids were set up by me, I guess I should have seen the warningsigns coming!
hmm I always found that really odd, I would have thought that there would have been loads of people who could work out the raids, afterall there were always plenty of members demanding raids!!
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 22:44   #141
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
We're simply not setup for such a fantastic alliance system as the one you're in.

While many prefer playing easy rider, we preferred it playing like this.
Hm. Let's see. What did we do to start with the scattered hierarchy... oh right, we simply gave everyone full arbiter access and told people "don't be shit". Granted, members must be able to have a rather thick skin, but hey, it's the internet, one should have that over here anyway.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 22:45   #142
Heartless

Quote:
given how hard things were with the number of officers we had last round things would have been just impossible with even fewer, it is just not possible for an alliance to play if there are not dc's all through the night for defence, or any bcs for raids... no matter how dedicated the core member base if there was not going to be attacks or defense what would be the point in the alliance!
Hey, Ascendancy is constantly finishing higher than TGV. And we have no officers.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 23:02   #143
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
Doesn't take a genius to predict that one. I could sit here and give you a whole freakin list of alliances that *won't* end in the top 5 next round, and I bet you a credit I'm right.
I'm prepared to bet you that credit that none of the alliances you list will be ones which had finished in the top 5 in ALL of the previous 5 rounds.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 23:07   #144
booji
a bucket

Quote:
Hey, Ascendancy is constantly finishing higher than TGV. And we have no officers.
lol I made an argument to mac about moving TGV more towards the ascendancy style of doing things and he was not buying it one bit! I am not sure that your style of doing things would work so well in smaller alliances where the members expect to have things organised for them
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 23:28   #145
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese
We topped out at 69. Finished with about 65. We never had 80 as some intel claimed.
The problem with your statement.
Is that our intel wasn't "intel".
It was a list copied out of your own arby. So if it wasn't correct. you must have added many planets in your arby to fool.. hmm.. yourself?
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 23:31   #146
Heartless

Quote:
lol I made an argument to mac about moving TGV more towards the ascendancy style of doing things and he was not buying it one bit! I am not sure that your style of doing things would work so well in smaller alliances where the members expect to have things organised for them
Ascendancy makes its members well aware that they cannot expect anything. They have to achieve things themselves. We are no kindergarden where nannies are required to make the little children feel comfortable.

IMHO one of the biggest mistakes alliances can make is to tell their members that they don't need to do anything themselves. That includes telling them that they don't have to organize their defense and stuff.
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 23:52   #147
booji
a bucket

heh I don't think there is any way TGV could have gone that far down the route of decentralization, would have meant that all the defense would have gone to me and BiGBaD! Although I like the ascendancy way of doing things it either requires players to be active or willing to accept complete responsibility for themselves and not be bothered when they are not online and they get incoming. Obviously this cant be the case for all alliances as the majority of people who wish to play would rather rely on others (the HC/officer team) so that they can get on with rl as well as playing. There needs to be a wide range of different alliance styles and Ascendancy fills a one niche. I believe that TGV was one of several alliances that filled another: that of small decent alliances that would help new active players get on their feet in the game, and who could after a fashion keep up with the big boys.

Anyhow I once again seem to have lead this thread off on a tangent that is not too relevant to the original topic.

RIP TGV, shame it wont be a T10 competitor next round... hopefully back sometime in the future
Unread 9 Mar 2008, 00:08   #148
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Or you could look at it other way around, and say that you got way more officers than any other alliance around

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2008, 00:49   #149
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

surely it's impossible to have an officer when there is nobody for them to have control over? there's just no structure
Unread 9 Mar 2008, 01:22   #150
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
So if it wasn't correct. you must have added many planets in your arby
that is correct. ill expound, though no one cares heh.. we did have planets added that werent in urwins and it had nothing to do with "fooling" anyone there was another reason.. and we never had more then 69 players.. and for most of the round we never had more then 69 marked as urwins in our arb despite anything else.. so there ya go, youre free to think what you want.

Last edited by Reese; 9 Mar 2008 at 01:32.
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote