User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Jan 2003, 01:27   #1
Spüg

Matrix: Reloaded

Just saw a preview for it on TV - coming out in May. Looks ace!
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 02:05   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
groan

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 02:21   #3
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Sequels are poor.
The matrix was poor.

I KNOW, MAKE A SEQUEL TO THE MATRIX1!!! ;[
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 02:26   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
a) The matrix was written as a trillogy, this is not a "oh look, we grossed at the box office, let's make another" kind of sequal.
b) The matrix rocked.

Unread 27 Jan 2003, 02:41   #5
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
a) The matrix was written as a trillogy, this is not a "oh look, we grossed at the box office, let's make another" kind of sequal.
b) The matrix rocked.

the yoof is right
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 02:43   #6
Spüg

\o/

c) Matrix: Revolutions is coming out November
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 03:19   #7
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough
the matrix is grossly overrated. Surprisingly its one of Keanu reeves passable acting performances, which is no great feet seeing as all he had to do was act confused.

The one acting style he can do

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 03:29   #8
SomeOneYouKnow
Treepex

SomeOneYouKnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Spüg

c) Matrix: Revolutions is coming out November
are you sure ?
i think it is 2004
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 03:32   #9
Spüg

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeOneYouKnow
are you sure ?
i think it is 2004
Nope, I saw the preview on TV as stated above. Reloaded - May then Revolutions comes out six months later which = November.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 03:38   #10
Lord Zor
Super Trooper

Lord Zor is an unknown quantity at this point
yup the commerical say THESE flims are not yet Rated
am I jump all nimbly bimly from tree to tree?am I drinking milk from a saucer?
Do you see me eating mice?
Lord Zor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 04:57   #11
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
Sequels are poor.
Aliens
G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 05:28   #12
yodaa800
Open da mouth!

yodaa800 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Sequels are poor.
ESB
[22:47:48] <Metrofx> i was asked if i was gay before in pa
[22:47:51] <Metrofx> i answered yes
yodaa800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 10:18   #13
hinch
Banned

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Zor
yup the commerical say THESE flims are not yet Rated
what commercials you been watching?all 3 films follow on in one big story
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 11:23   #14
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Sequels are poor.
T2
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 11:27   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
T2
Godfather 2, Empire Strikes Back (if you are counting trilogies),etc.

But The Matrix rocked. It wasn't exactly thoughtful, but it was the action film taken to it's logical conclusion.

The scene where they enter the office lobby (guns, lots of guns) is exactly how Return of the Jedi should have been (when Luke approaches Jabba).

It's probably my second favourite action film ever (after Leon).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 11:34   #16
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Godfather 2, Empire Strikes Back (if you are counting trilogies),etc.

But The Matrix rocked. It wasn't exactly thoughtful, but it was the action film taken to it's logical conclusion.

The scene where they enter the office lobby (guns, lots of guns) is exactly how Return of the Jedi should have been (when Luke approaches Jabba).

It's probably my second favourite action film ever (after Leon).
Yeah the lobby scene is just pure ace. The music is just suberb (propellorheads I think?). I can't think of any better scene in an action movie.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 12:12   #17
Embroglio

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
T2
I prefered the first, although the second did have better special effects.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 12:15   #18
Embroglio

Quote:
Originally posted by G_frog
Aliens
The first is my favourite of the series.
I wish they hadn't made Resurection, I feel it ruined the series.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 12:26   #19
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
I prefered the first, although the second did have better special effects.
A lot of people say that.

I laugh at them mostly, then feel guilty for deriding their opinions.

I thought Alien was boring as hell, Aliens rawked, Alien³ was a smashing directorial debut, and Resurrection was just a bit of fun.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 12:37   #20
Embroglio

I always thought the fight scene at the end of T1 was the best scene in either film. Is it true they've made/are making another?

Alien had more of an unknown feel to it and created alot more suspence through that I thought.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 12:55   #21
sayonara
Shai Halud

Yes "T3: Rise of the Machines" comes out in 4 months or so.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 13:31   #22
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Yes "T3: Rise of the Machines" comes out in 4 months or so.
Apparently a female T8million or whatever they're calling it is sent back in time to kill Arnie so that he never saves the Connors.

Apparently she can also transform into anything she wants, people, animals, cars, planes, etc...

Don't expect it to be good
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 14:25   #23
hinch
Banned

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
she is cute though
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 14:43   #24
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
Apparently a female T8million or whatever they're calling it is sent back in time to kill Arnie so that he never saves the Connors.

Apparently she can also transform into anything she wants, people, animals, cars, planes, etc...

Don't expect it to be good
"Apparently" means according to who?

Fortunately I have accurate first hand sources. Not to mention the freely available info from the official site, boards and ofc the trailer.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 17:04   #25
Spüg

Quote:
Originally posted by hinch
she is cute though
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:16   #26
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
"Apparently" means according to who?

Fortunately I have accurate first hand sources. Not to mention the freely available info from the official site, boards and ofc the trailer.
So am I wrong or are you just showing off your 1337 sources?
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:24   #27
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
huge lumps of T3 were rewritten because they heard what was happening in the Matrix Reloaded. apaprently the end sequence is a joy to behold.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 01:01   #28
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
So am I wrong or are you just showing off your 1337 sources?
I am showing of my ability to not propogate 4th hand rumours when I have access to info from the studio, IE - their website.
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 14:00   #29
Valle the rocker
pornstar

Valle the rocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Sequels are poor.
Terminator and Aliens

Edit: blah.. im a bit behind :/
r2- 42:15:24 Jimmie of Planet Ejp
r3- 32:19:13 John Shaft of Shout Your Mouth
r4- 217:14:1 The Wonderful Wizard of Oz..
r5- 27:2:13 Tired of Spinners Lies
r6- 13:17:13 one of your farms
r7- 34:1:25, 19:15:13 and 47:19:4 Valle of #spacehamsters (random)
r8- 45:8:5 One of your worst nightmares
r9- 44:6:1 Hamsters of Space
r9.5 - 14:7:17 Masters of The Universe (main planet out of ~10)
Valle the rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 15:04   #30
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by hinch
she is cute though
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 15:27   #31
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Nofutcha
Surprisingly its one of Keanu reeves passable acting performances, which is no great feet seeing as all he had to do was act confused.

The one acting style he can do
This is so true, it should be taught to children in classrooms. Even in the deep south.

Keanu Reeves must be about the worst big male holywood 'actor' I can think of. He has no acting skills.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 02:14   #32
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Keanu Reeves must be about the worst big male holywood 'actor' I can think of. He has no acting skills.

There are wet shreds of paper bag which disagree with you.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 02:23   #33
Stealpit

i got the script to matrix:reloaded w00t

im still reading through it though
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 02:32   #34
Phantom
Last of the Officers

Phantom has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Alien³ was a smashing directorial debut

What direction??? There more direction in Power Rangers the Movie than there is in Alien³

I wish you intelligence for luck runs out sooner than you think

I give up on death before i give up on life
and now i don't know what to do
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 02:34   #35
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
we NEED a sequel to Equilibrium. I mean, 3 real action scenes? Come on.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 02:35   #36
Phantom
Last of the Officers

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Arnies worse

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 02:47   #37
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Sequels are poor.
The matrix was poor.

I KNOW, MAKE A SEQUEL TO THE MATRIX1!!! ;[
Aliens ROCKED!!!

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 02:51   #38
Phantom
Last of the Officers

Oh forgot to mention MATRIX ROCKED!

And you got to wounder, are the machines letting us watch a film about being controled by machines, so when someone comes up to us, and tell us we're being controlled by machines, we wount believe them?

Or is there some other metaphor on life in there?

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 04:45   #39
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Phantom

And you got to wounder, are the machines letting us watch a film about being controled by machines, so when someone comes up to us, and tell us we're being controlled by machines, we wount believe them?

Theres actually a book called "The Philosophy of the Matrix" which covers the origins and such of the philosophical foundations of the movie's premise. One of the brothers is a huge philosophy buff as well, so it's hardly surprising that there are several metaphors for real life in it.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 06:30   #40
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

That was a premise of an alien movie once, think it was The Faculty.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:27   #41
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
What direction??? There more direction in Power Rangers the Movie than there is in Alien³
You = ignorant.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:45   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Alien³ is only really let down by the plot, which is just a crappy rehash of Alien.

That's why Aliens is the only decent horror seq. as it takes a different direction to the first film.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 18:19   #43
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
the matrix bored the **** out of me first time

THEN people said i should give it another go.

The only thing i liked was him learning drunken boxing in that headset type thing. The concept was novel in the sense, the story had loopholes

Sorry, but it really sucked. Its another one of these movies people walk away from thinking "wow thats really profound". Its just a movie, get over it. One of those movies you could never see, but could quote ten or so lines from it thanks to your friends picking out the "best" bits. Like fight club. But fight club was on a different level to this.

Any fight scene i watch in any movie ever now, its guarenteed to have some wanker in the background shouting "THEY STOLE THAT FROM THE MATRIX!!!!!!" even if it was made before it.

As to keanu reeves, i made a thread on how **** he is. He has no excuse. Tara palmer tomkinson has worked harder for money than he has for **** sake.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 18:22   #44
Asper

Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
That was a premise of an alien movie once, think it was The Faculty.
Ah I remember that I think...Famke Jansen looses her head in that movie...literally and then it starts walking around on tentacles, supposed to be a bit scary...

We were laughing throughout most of the movie, sucked ballz
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 18:57   #45
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past
If you haven't seen it, look here
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 04:06   #46
SomeOneYouKnow
Treepex

SomeOneYouKnow is an unknown quantity at this point
seen it age ago