User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Dec 2002, 22:24   #1
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Scorpio, Fury and round 8

I thought I'd make an honest post about my time in Fury. So, here I go ... (Fairly sure some people are not gonna appreciate it)

Ever since winning round 4 with Xanadu I wanted to team up with Fury, because I believed Xanadu only deserved the best. At that time I thought Fury was the best alliance overall (still do), based on achievements in the past.
After an inactive round 7 I heard round 8 would be the last round. Disbanding Xanadu messed up some of my plans, and made me reconsider playing the last round. There were 3 options for me alliance wise; NewDawn, LDK and Fury. I chose Fury, based on what I said earlier. Besides that, I didn't expect much from LDK (mainly) and Titans.
So, off I went to ask if I could join The Fury. Zhil's reaction was, well, expected :

<KillGhost> i still have one person
<KillGhost> we need to discuss
<KillGhost> "Scorpio"
<Focht> OUCH
<Focht>
<Zhil> WHAT
<Zhil> HANG ON
<Zhil> Scorpio
<Zhil> Xanadu
<Zhil> guy
<KillGhost> yep
<Zhil> from AD
<KillGhost> THE Scorpio
<Zhil> omg

So I got to join Fury, on September 11th (coincidence? I think not! )

My first impression of Fury:
Pretty much the same as Xanadu, but way too many strict rules. That's about the only thing I didn't like about being in Fury when I joined.

Now about the playing with Fury ...
Fury came across as a defensive alliance to me. Eventhough I lost top50 place coz I had my galaxy members had no way of getting defense for me (bah, stupid hiding. Pretty much left me without a place to get defense when I wasn't around. Not a good thing when most of your friends are in hostile alliances and Fury didn't have anything set up for these 'emergencies' as far as I know).
Offensively we were miles behind LDK/Titans. No idea why that is. Because we were hiding? Can't hide and do big attacks, that way the enemy will spot our fleet movements for sure. But sitting around doing nothing doesn't get us anywhere either.
The creation of the Xandathrii attack group got off the ground too late.
The defense of Girlee was another military blunder imho, just like some massive attack set up later (by Storebo?).

During earlier rounds (when I used to flame Fury a bit), some people made comparisons that Xanadu would do exactly the same things when they were in Fury's shoes. I said Xanadu wouldn't, because Xanadu was willing to take risks and Fury wasn't. I regret to say it, but this (short) round in Fury reinforced that thought for me.

Maybe I just picked the wrong round to join Fury, I don't know, but Fury didn't leave a positive impression.
However, even with all these negative feelings, I don't regret having joined Fury. It was the only thing left I wanted to do, and the people in it are cool!

Now, about the round itself:
I didn't expect much from LDK this round, simply because the private galaxies dissapeared. Your strength was always based on your teamplay, not on individual class.
Congrats to LDK, for putting up another win, be it not 100% official ... and finally proving all those bot-accusers wrong in the end
Makes me proud to have worked with you and I'm happy I always believed in you.

Bye bye.

PS. Maybe, just maybe, and only if r9 will be free, I will give all of you the opportunity to pay me back

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 22:36   #2
Geert
sexeh lap dog

Geert is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you
Geert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 22:53   #3
Lord_Dain

Nice objective post. Or maybe slightly subjective, but at least you have seen things on all insides.
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 08:53   #4
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
i want your babys Scorpio come back

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 09:13   #5
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Hehe nice post Scorpio, reading what you wrote i only wonder why you didnt leave before if everything was that bad ?

About your inside informations on many things, i guess u know pretty much everything as you were sharing all the valueable informations, right ?

The comparison with Xanadu has one major flaw, Xanadu always went into a round with preset allies, always a block of atleast 3-4 partners were supporting them and Xanadu pretty much didnt fight a random round on such a high level (regarding to only 5k skilled players left and the exp gained over 7 previous rounds of PA)
About your criticism about rules, clearly fury has a baseline of rules which allow the alliance to work and perform into a certain way and increase efficience, Something in regards to LDK and Redbull which made them superior to the rest of Xanadus wings.

On a sidenote of "what could and should have been done" i pretty much cant recall a single pm of yours bringing up ideas or input as you were along time inactive after you left your personal goal. This doesnt give you much credit in comparison to the player who putted in his heart and his time every night.

But everyone does what he can do best, what this thread clearly shows- alot of the Ex-Xans were rather dissappointing, tho i think we shouldnt go into generalisations as others i.e. mitre, herb just to name 2 of this group became real fiurys. While others more or less just watched for a retirement home after Xan-disbanding.

In regards to taking risks, im happy you brought that up, because its a major contradiction in your post that you either claim fury played defensive without risking anything, and call in 2 times we took risks and it swung back as a tactical misscalculation.

Tho i still miss to see the tactical misscalculation of Tick 1 at girlees planet

Anyway Scorpio good riddance and good luck with whatever you are doing
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 09:14   #6
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
I think my post fits in here.

I started KnightVision with a couple of m8, ain't gonna tell much details, not time for that. But we started like a wing/alliance, ended up quick as BG only. It was clear after 2 weeks of playing that we needed a bigger allaince to stand with us, cause we had great players, but no people to defend those players.

So we decided to function as BG only, and we tried to get our members into some "big" alliance's for defense purpose only. Most people went to Fang, i went to Fury. Why? Cause most of my m8's(R6 RedBull) where in Adelante(insomnia) and joined Fury, best thing for myself was to join Fury as well, cause most defense was coming from my m8's. Also i once said, when i join another alliance then TFD, it's Fury.

When i joined i saw how proffesional it was, even more then RedBull R6(highest level i had seen). I saw a lot of things going on, but most things where on defensive side. This has a lot to do with Titans/LDK having more ships, so Fury was with there back at the wall. I joined just before Girlee died, so i saw that happening. Then Insomnia became more inactive, i think that was the best BG fury had....

I was really suprised about the defensive capability of Fury, a lot of l33t MO's, really l33t mo's! Thx guys!!!! When i was there i sometimes handled over my fleet 3/4 times a night, the MO's continued night after night.

What i didn't see was the same amount of work on the offensive side, couple of weeks later after i joined there was a list, BG's only could take galaxy's of that list. But i didn't see 1 big offensive structure. Imho attack is the best way of defense, if you know the enemy attacks at 3:55, you do it at 2:55, so they need there fleets for defense at there own planet, and need more ships out of the alliance. I missed tactics like these.

Still Fury is an A class alliance, have really seen a lot of good things in there. Maybe they didn't won this round, but the where "One of the best" alliance's for sure.
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 09:55   #7
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
Are you sure you're not just bitter that your Comp/Non-Comp system didn't work as well as was thought? I mean, every other major alliance in the game managed to survive without going to auch an extent to hide their member's co-ords for half the round. We have mapped out many of Titans/LDK's co-ords, it didn't stop them from coming out on top. They still got enough of your co-ords to prevent you from challenging them. In the end, Fury's system simply ended up:
  • Making attacks within Fury harder to organize, if at all.
  • Making defense harder to get for Fury members
  • Isolating Fury from the general community (I survived well enough with Titans and NoS in my gal, despite the fact that I wasn't on the best of terms with either alliance beforehand. With Fury members being the only ones putting so much effort into hiding their real identities, they end up reinforcing suspicions in their gal of 'we cant trust them, as they dont trust us'.)

This post is an objective view, I have spent the round as a 'Fury member' (there's no rules account trading alliance accounts with people;). I was looking forward to spending the round viewing Fury on the inside, I had always had some respect for Fury as an alliance. I listening to people like Whis saying how much you weren't to be understimated, no matter how many ****ty decisions or bad calls I saw. Once you took on those Adelante survivors, watching Fury lost any interest for me. It may have been some weird preconception of mine to expect to see more, but overall I was dissapointed.
I still standby my theory that switching to a random universe has damaged a very close-knit Fury community (and their rather cautious command staff), and that they would have fared much better in the private round. But, I guess we may never know.
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 12:21   #8
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Fury has lost alot of its quality players after rd 7 so it wasn't surprising?

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 12:58   #9
Eddie_V
NAC Breda > *

Eddie_V is an unknown quantity at this point
I was very exited after insomnia joined Fury, ofc I was not happy that adelante died cause they could have rocked this round imho.

Ever since rnd6 redBULL I had respect for Fury and even more for T&P, I was always hoping that Xanadu would ally with em and make an uber1337 BULL/T&P AG. 2bad xan disbanded but I got the second best thing, 2 be a Fury member and maybe this round did not work out for us I will be happy to keep fighting allong with them in rnd9

Feel the Fury
Proud to have been Adelante
Proud to have been Fury
Proud to have been Eclipse

Proud to be a part of R6B
Cya in tha next speedround
Eddie_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 13:44   #10
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Now that this round is over, I don't mind saying a few things about fury myself. Very few people ever criticise the MO's, except in the heat of the moment, but when they do, there is always 1 response from MO's: "You have no idea just how hard and demanding the job is, we are doing our best". And I strongly believe that, until someone has actually been an MO, they genuinely do not know how hard it is.

Fury defended exceedingly well this round, at times giving MO's some bad headaches, and making MO's threaten them with such things as removal of cookie priveleges etc. - but in the end, fury defended magnificantly. There were a core of members who, if they had a single fleet slot free, and any ships to slap in that slot, they would ALWAYS offer that fleet, and if attackers recalled, they were on the ball, and made sure their fleets returned as soon as possible for another defence duty. To those people - You were fantastic, and your efforts really were appreciated, and you made MOing 1000 times easier. WIth respect to the attacks, I must admit that I myself did feel that at times there was a lack of them. This however was not a problem with fury's policies or rules, but a problem with the fact that execs and MO's just could not commit the time to run them, all credit to our enemies - you gave me one hell of a hard time, I was dealing with at times, up to about 6 defence calls an hour, and most of them involved some rather huge xan players Who could have said 50k corvettes, 100k fighters and some vultures, or about 200k fighters and corvettes - when you get 3-4 of those in an hour, it doesn't half drain your resources :-/ All credit to the members though, they stuck through it, and managed to cover the vast majority. But at the same time, the hours and sheer levels of commitment required of MO's was beyond what can be reasonably expected of anyone, and it took its toll on a few MO's, meaning that those who were left at peak times, had a lot to deal with. As a result, we had to fit attacks in as and when we could (some nights, we did launch a lot of attacks Scorpio, and they were well advertised, and usually succesful, especially at weekends).

With respect to the security and 'hiding' at the start of the round - I believe this was necessary. People are saying they knew tits and LDK coords before the round, and that it didn't cause them a problem. I am hardly surprised. Tits/LDK/Virus/etc...etc.. all came into this round with 'a chance', and with no major enemies as such. Fury came into the round with half the community wanting to bash them. You must remember that. You cannot compare the two. Fury was hunted prey this round with people wanting revenge for previous rounds, and as a result, if our members HADN'T been so secretive, I am very sure we would not have survived the first 500 ticks. Fury is good, but not good enough to withstand a vengeful community with a full coord list.

All fury members knew from the start that this was going to be a very difficult round. Most alliances entered the round (or claimed to) neutral, and if you had asked any one who they most wanted to kill, 90% would have said "Fury". The community WAS out to get us from the start, so criticism of our hiding policy I think is misplaced, and I do believe it was necessary.

Feel the Fury

Bashar
Fury Military Officer
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 13:46   #11
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

On a sidenote of "what could and should have been done" i pretty much cant recall a single pm of yours bringing up ideas or input as you were along time inactive after you left your personal goal. This doesnt give you much credit in comparison to the player who putted in his heart and his time every night.
I remember you pm'ed me once, asking how I liked it in Fury. I said exactly what I wrote in my post.
I joined Fury to be a normal member. I made perfectly clear that I desired no influence or whatsoever when you were discussing my application. If I had wanted to do more, I would have joined ND instead. Besides that, I was a total unknown within Fury, so I figured leaving the decision-making/idea-bringing things to established Fury-members.

I expected the Fury leadership to set a goal, and to know how to reach that goal. I've done my thing to help. (Convincing certain alliances to hit LDK/Titans, providing them with a nice list of coords. I recall WP contacting me, before talking to you.)

About inactivity:
Yes, losing a nice top spot because of sticking to alliance-rules indeed made me loose the will to get up again for a nice spot. I went on attacks now and then, but decided to stop doing that, as I always seemed to be encountering too much defense. Pretty much a waste of my eonium.
Instead I launched my fleet a few times every day to defend people who were in need...until I ran out of Eonium.
So don't talk to me about inactivity plz.
(Defense was the main thing Fury excelled at. High above the other alliances.)

I just think we all simply overestimated Fury's capabilities for this round. Fury's main power has always been to exploit weaknesses. But, well, LDK and weaknesses... you should know better

PS. I stopped playing 1 day before the server went down. (Ask Germania.)

PPS. The disbanding of Xanadu had no influence on my way of playing in Fury. (Last time I was in Xanadu was beginning round 5 )

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 13:49   #12
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Whatever the outcome of anything may be, one thing will always be true - the dedication of the command staff and the members is second to none.

And I can't blame Fury for the comp/non comp scenario. They needed to. XtotheZ: titans/fang/ely etc could get away with having some of thier coords known. They didn't have 99.9% of the remainder of the universe after them as #1 public enemy.

zhil \o/
focht \o/
killghost \o/
kileman \o/

those guys in particluar show off everything that is good about Fury. Commitment, dedication and pure ability.

It may sound like propoganda, it isn't - it's just the way I feel.

Very Proud to be Fury.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 13:51   #13
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio
Fury's main power has always been to exploit weaknesses. But, well, LDK and weaknesses... you should know better
You are right, it is hard to find weaknesses in an alliance where it's main planets are online 24 hrs a day 7 days a week every week of the round.
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 13:52   #14
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
<Faye> I've had KG
<Faye> he was amazingly bad
<BrainDead> everyone has had KG .. :/
lmao

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 13:54   #15
Bashar
Idle Git

:-)

When that sort of thing is said, I CANNOT RESIST putting it in a siggy :-)
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 14:01   #16
The preacher

As I did a lot of BCing myself this round as in others, targeting primarily Fury and Fang planets since almost week 1, I can say from comparisons Fang seemed to have the tougher defence all round long. Fury's main weak point in defence was that we only had to hit 5-8 of their very active players planets like Darki, Kileman, Girlee(before she was killed), Focht, Jainasolo and so on and they would draw masses of defence under normal conditions, which left the lesser known Fury players to be roided by far less ships universe wide. Did Titans and LDK have more ships than Fury and Fang? Certainly not. Not by a long shot. It was more about focus on who we hit than how many we hit. That being said, hats off to the MO's in Fury and Fang, you really did make us work harder than ever for our roids. Respect
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 14:08   #17
Bashar
Idle Git

The_Preacher - I have to disagree with what you are saying, Defence calls tended to be left for roiding when we ran out of ships, which was rare. Most nights we covered 100% of our incomings, I was an MO for 2-3 weeks (not a huge amount), and in that time, I think there were 2 times that I had to tell people there was no defence left (that is the hardest thing an MO can ever have to do), and the rest of the time, we covered EVERYTHING, 99% of all succesful attacks on fury were ones where the incoming was not noticed by the member until the eta was too low for defence, unlike LDK, our players don't manage to either be online 24/7, or log in for 5 mins at the start of every tick to check for incoming, and not everybody managed to get 24/7 news-scan coverage.
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 14:10   #18
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
hiding coords is lame it's so much easier to just be honest in your gal and won't get you f*cked over at the start:/
i've been quite lucky with my gal multiple times...

that's prolly only reason why i ended as top 10.
no alliance can defend it's members unless the alliance is warned that there is incoming..with fury doing everything in their power to hide their coords...that defence will be alot harder and therefore the start of a round is more difficult.

titans/ely/nos/olvi gal...heh would have become fun in the end:P

p.s. NoS defence is poo!:P
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 14:17   #19
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by The preacher
As I did a lot of BCing myself this round as in others, targeting primarily Fury and Fang planets since almost week 1, I can say from comparisons Fang seemed to have the tougher defence all round long. Fury's main weak point in defence was that we only had to hit 5-8 of their very active players planets like Darki, Kileman, Girlee(before she was killed), Focht, Jainasolo and so on and they would draw masses of defence under normal conditions, which left the lesser known Fury players to be roided by far less ships universe wide. Did Titans and LDK have more ships than Fury and Fang? Certainly not. Not by a long shot. It was more about focus on who we hit than how many we hit. That being said, hats off to the MO's in Fury and Fang, you really did make us work harder than ever for our roids. Respect
Uhm these statements are all wrong.

First of all we had a coverage rate of 95+% of all our incomings (which is proveable). Also all Mo's were instructed not to run their own defence to prevent that kind of overcovering your own planet. As for the idoe of hitting the "important" planets like you claim, they were not priorized with defence calls, which means first come first serve. And i really doubt you have found my planet, because your arbiter said it wasnt mine On the sidenote, my planet was attacked 3 times and i was raped 2 times just as i didnt realise i was under attack till it was to late (lo lyrtas u lil bugger, on my bday trying to catch my fleet is evil ! )

On the sidenote, kileman got mostly non fury defence for himself so did quiet alot of the above noted ppl, as it was well known that they could be used as defence sinks

Girlee -Subotai
Darki -his old pals
Focht -T&P friends
Jainasolo - Guild ppl
Kileman -lizards

So infact you are pretty much wrong here and i guess talking about suspected fury members or real furymembers is quiet a funny thing as i know that in quiet a few cases when we opend our arbiter to tot and fang in the late game we were surprised where they all suspected furys which werent furys.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 14:19   #20
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by mazzelaar
And I can't blame Fury for the comp/non comp scenario. They needed to. XtotheZ: titans/fang/ely etc could get away with having some of thier coords known. They didn't have 99.9% of the remainder of the universe after them as #1 public enemy.
I love it when people capatilize the right letters in my nick on here - it means they know who I am : )

And as for Fury security. What about the comp members? I idled in #fury-crusaders quite a bit early in the round, and there was a fair few people there. That was a significant portion of the alliance who was partitioned from the rest. Were these members bashed/roided anymore than the Non-Comp people? Yes? Then why cut them off from being defended by a decent portion of the alliance? That just gives your opponents easy access to a 'divide and conquer' strategy, where they take out the visible half of your alliance, reducing the overall power of the whole. You may as well send them in single-file to attack, and let them be picked off one-by-one.
Both as a 'fury member' and Military Officer to my alliance, I never saw any evidence that average Comp members recieved any significant incoming just for being Fury (with the exception of people like Kileman, for obvious reasons).
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 14:25   #21
The preacher

Quote:
The_Preacher - I have to disagree with what you are saying, Defence calls tended to be left for roiding when we ran out of ships, which was rare. Most nights we covered 100% of our incomings, I was an MO for 2-3 weeks (not a huge amount), and in that time, I think there were 2 times that I had to tell people there was no defence left (that is the hardest thing an MO can ever have to do), and the rest of the time, we covered EVERYTHING, 99% of all succesful attacks on fury were ones where the incoming was not noticed by the member until the eta was too low for defence, unlike LDK, our players don't manage to either be online 24/7, or log in for 5 mins at the start of every tick to check for incoming, and not everybody managed to get 24/7 news-scan coverage.
This round has been notoriously easy to get defence, and you are right in saying that many of the incomings would be covered. However there were nights at aroun 01:55/02:55cest we roided Kileman while he was online launching fleets out at the same time and he didnt get any coverage. Maybe is was a magnanamous and selfless decision on his part to leave his planet un-covered so others could be, but the fact remains, if you covered enough of your planets, we had success on up to 50% of those Fury planets we attacked on a particular night towards the end. Altho you would not have been MO still when we started targetting Fury exclusively after Fang had started to fold, so I can understand if you were not aware of such goings on.

Insomnia were definately the biggest defence drawers in Fury above and beyond all other members. It was unfortunate, many non-insomnia Fury members suffered roid loses because of that. This is merely the apparent weakness we saw, that I am bringing to light. No Criticisms or Sarcastic jabs. Just the facts ma'am.
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 14:33   #22
The preacher

Quote:
Uhm these statements are all wrong.

First of all we had a coverage rate of 95+% of all our incomings (which is proveable). Also all Mo's were instructed not to run their own defence to prevent that kind of overcovering your own planet. As for the idoe of hitting the "important" planets like you claim, they were not priorized with defence calls, which means first come first serve. And i really doubt you have found my planet, because your arbiter said it wasnt mine On the sidenote, my planet was attacked 3 times and i was raped 2 times just as i didnt realise i was under attack till it was to late (lo lyrtas u lil bugger, on my bday trying to catch my fleet is evil ! )

On the sidenote, kileman got mostly non fury defence for himself so did quiet alot of the above noted ppl, as it was well known that they could be used as defence sinks

Girlee -Subotai
Darki -his old pals
Focht -T&P friends
Jainasolo - Guild ppl
Kileman -lizards

So infact you are pretty much wrong here and i guess talking about suspected fury members or real furymembers is quiet a funny thing as i know that in quiet a few cases when we opend our arbiter to tot and fang in the late game we were surprised where they all suspected furys which werent furys.
Wherever you were or were not getting the defence, I dont know. I dont contend that fact either. The only fact I bring is that Fury were losing roids bad to us each night. As for inaccuracies in our arby, I know there are plenty. We still had a very very clear image of where Fury's top planets were even if we didnt know their names. As for not knowing your planet, we actually did but simply had the wrong intell as to whether you were Jainasolo or not. Point is, we hit your top planets a lot towards the end, certain high ranking players to drew defence and lesser ranking players did not. Thats the only point I make.
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 15:41   #23
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally posted by The preacher
This round has been notoriously easy to get defence, and you are right in saying that many of the incomings would be covered. However there were nights at aroun 01:55/02:55cest we roided Kileman while he was online launching fleets out at the same time and he didnt get any coverage. Maybe is was a magnanamous and selfless decision on his part to leave his planet un-covered so others could be, but the fact remains, if you covered enough of your planets, we had success on up to 50% of those Fury planets we attacked on a particular night towards the end. Altho you would not have been MO still when we started targetting Fury exclusively after Fang had started to fold, so I can understand if you were not aware of such goings on.

Insomnia were definately the biggest defence drawers in Fury above and beyond all other members. It was unfortunate, many non-insomnia Fury members suffered roid loses because of that. This is merely the apparent weakness we saw, that I am bringing to light. No Criticisms or Sarcastic jabs. Just the facts ma'am.
You are suggesting that fury gave priorities in defence, this is not the case, it was ALWAYS first come first serve (except where someone needed eta 9 defence, and someone came a few mins later needing eta 5, in which case the eta 5 was taken as more urgent, but that is for obvious reasons)And if one of those people you suggested requested defence, they would not have any more ships commited than we would for if the planet was anybody else. We covered EVERYTHING with the minimum we could that would make it covered. Defence was always covered purely based on what was attacking, NEVER who was under attack.
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 16:19   #24
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You are suggesting that fury gave priorities in defence, this is not the case, it was ALWAYS first come first serve (except where someone needed eta 9 defence, and someone came a few mins later needing eta 5, in which case the eta 5 was taken as more urgent, but that is for obvious reasons)And if one of those people you suggested requested defence, they would not have any more ships commited than we would for if the planet was anybody else. We covered EVERYTHING with the minimum we could that would make it covered. Defence was always covered purely based on what was attacking, NEVER who was under attack.
Firstly, the def coverage cant have been 99%.. a galm8 of Mongobøffel told me, that he had been cnuted 3 times without getting any defence.

Secoundly, it seems to me that people joining Fury from Adelante recived very little defence, and that "real" furies recivied alot more..

thirdly, I wonder about Lockhead.. we all know his planet was deleted.
1) Did Fury take him without a planet, or a planet with 3 roids?
2) Or did Fury did take him in with a newly bought planet of about 16.mill size?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 16:26   #25
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
:-)

When that sort of thing is said, I CANNOT RESIST putting it in a siggy :-)
[13:54] * Faye is now known as Retard
[13:54] * mazzelaar is now known as Magnet
[13:55] * Retard is now known as BrainDead
[13:55] * Magnet is now known as Faye
[13:56] <Faye> I've had KG
[13:56] <Faye> he was amazingly bad
[13:56] <BrainDead> LOL!
[13:56] <Outcast> rofl
[13:56] <BrainDead> everyone has had KG .. :/
[13:56] <Bashar> SIGGY QUOTE!!!

Quote:
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 17:07   #26
The preacher

Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
Firstly, the def coverage cant have been 99%.. a galm8 of Mongobøffel told me, that he had been cnuted 3 times without getting any defence.

Secoundly, it seems to me that people joining Fury from Adelante recived very little defence, and that "real" furies recivied alot more..

2) Or did Fury did take him in with a newly bought planet of about 16.mill size?
As Mr. Zhukov gives example, no way Fury had 95% to 99% coverage. Certainly not towards the end as we roided at least 10 confirmed Fury planets a day. If you did you must have had like 150+ planets under attack every day around the same time, which I doubt is possible. But as always I leave myself open so with your word that, that many planets were under attack I will accept and I will stand corrected.
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 18:56   #27
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Scorpio, Fury and round 8

Quote:

My first impression of Fury:
Pretty much the same as Xanadu, but way too many strict rules. That's about the only thing I didn't like about being in Fury when I joined.
Alot of rules are common sense, and in reality of alliance running I doubt I had more than five breakages to deal with whilst I was Executive. The rules were a guide for an Executive, they had to consider the past of that member also.

Quote:

Now about the playing with Fury ...
Fury came across as a defensive alliance to me. Eventhough I lost top50 place coz I had my galaxy members had no way of getting defense for me (bah, stupid hiding. Pretty much left me without a place to get defense when I wasn't around. Not a good thing when most of your friends are in hostile alliances and Fury didn't have anything set up for these 'emergencies' as far as I know).
Fury has always been quite good defensively, it was one of Fury's strongpoints which is why Fury/Legion was a good team. As for the defense issue - agreed- something should have been set up - but then the counter arguement is that noone out of Fury should have known you were Fury. So we get into lots of semantic and such, plus the last time Fury had any kind of non Fury reporting was in round 4 where it didn't work as wished and just put extra load upon the server (not to mention alot of admin)

Quote:

Offensively we were miles behind LDK/Titans. No idea why that is. Because we were hiding? Can't hide and do big attacks, that way the enemy will spot our fleet movements for sure. But sitting around doing nothing doesn't get us anywhere either.
Agreed totally, our offensive capability this round did not seem top notch. This is partly due to the hiding (since I knew about that at the end of round 7) but other reasoning I feel include the lack of organization in battlegroups being set up (which I did not really agree with anyway - I dont like battlegroups ;P) Either way, the offensive capability this round was lower than it was in round 4's end- and thats saying something. (at least from my impression)

Quote:

The creation of the Xandathrii attack group got off the ground too late.
The defense of Girlee was another military blunder imho, just like some massive attack set up later (by Storebo?).
Both of them were massive blunder's. We should not have defended that first massive wave, and definately should have recalled (or perhaps not even bothered to launch) that massive attack.

Quote:

During earlier rounds (when I used to flame Fury a bit), some people made comparisons that Xanadu would do exactly the same things when they were in Fury's shoes. I said Xanadu wouldn't, because Xanadu was willing to take risks and Fury wasn't. I regret to say it, but this (short) round in Fury reinforced that thought for me.
Possibly, in my view Fury took risks this round which didnt pay off because they werent properly thought through or implemented correctly. Xanadu had its own style and was willing to take risks, especially in its famous wave attacks. Fury however liked to play with its victims, shattering their insides and cutting away the middle before going for the throat.

Quote:

Maybe I just picked the wrong round to join Fury, I don't know, but Fury didn't leave a positive impression.
However, even with all these negative feelings, I don't regret having joined Fury. It was the only thing left I wanted to do, and the people in it are cool!
Unfortunate that it didnt, but I have to say it probably was the wrong round in terms of getting a fair description of offensive ability at least. Fury was also minus many of its most experienced members this round so there was alot of new faces in command and thus alot of 'training' required.

Even though the round has ended I hope you dont disappear, you are more than welcome to continue popping into the Fury rooms.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 19:27   #28
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:

Firstly the coverage was on reported incomings, this means ofc a fury can be roided if his incomings werent told to fury.

Secondly: this contradicts the statement above where i.e. Darki and girlee were mentioned as defence sinks.

Thirdly lockhead was taken into fury with a 13 or 14 mio planet if im correct, his startplanet was closed not long into the round and its perfectly possible to get a planet up to this score (his race was Xan, so he had no big ships either which would prove he played longer)
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 19:34   #29
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Firstly the coverage was on reported incomings, this means ofc a fury can be roided if his incomings werent told to fury.

Secondly: this contradicts the statement above where i.e. Darki and girlee were mentioned as defence sinks.

Thirdly lockhead was taken into fury with a 13 or 14 mio planet if im correct, his startplanet was closed not long into the round and its perfectly possible to get a planet up to this score (his race was Xan, so he had no big ships either which would prove he played longer)
1) all of the 3 inc were reported.
2) Girlee and Darki were hot-shots with big planets.
3) You really belive this?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 20:00   #30
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

1) hard to prove hard to prove wrong
2) so would be vibu tea shanza clueless and other players in there then ?
3)if i believe it or not was not the question you asked and you got a reply and i offered possibilities, if you wish to ask lockhead something personal on irc there is the query function.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 20:08   #31
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
3)if i believe it or not was not the question you asked and you got a reply and i offered possibilities, if you wish to ask lockhead something personal on irc there is the query function.
1)I got that from his galm8 who asked for def... so Im pretty sure its correct.
2) when darki and girlee got cnuted, shazna was the biggest planet in insomnia left. tea was also pretty big. What I say is that ordinary members/specially those coming form adelante/fang was last on the defence ladder. You might disagree here, and you might even be right. Im not mentioning this to slander fury or something, just becouse Im curious. I dont see the need to mocking fury, since pa as we know its over..
3) I have asked Lockhead on irc, for some ODD reason he didnt want to reply. Its pretty obvious he got a new account from some other player. My question is why Fury command let him come into Fury, when "everyone" knew he a)had cheated b)gotten a new account (cheated again).
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 20:24   #32
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

i think we are down from reason 1+2 to the insults and dirtfight aimed at lockhead.

If lockhead refuses to talk to you its his own wish i guess.
About his first closure, lockhead was closed in this very odd scenario like many other Fang planets aswell, tho it was still questionable if it was actually sharing or hacking or a combination of both or whatever, as u might know the creators dont share their closure statements.

On the perspective of a good player who wants to join your alliance and has a planet about 13 mil and replies to the question "is that your planet and do you play it fair" with "yes" its beyonds furys responsibility to prove he is a cheater. I think no alliance leaves recruits under investigations from the creators before they actuallly can join, and tbh if you had this concern then i wonder why you havent informed the creators as it seems you have different informations or pieces of evidence which would prove cheating here.

So unless you can actually present (and it doesnt even matter now that pa is over and you didnt present it in the time this actions were happening) something i would call somene unguilty until proven different. So Lockhead can indeed have started a new planet.

And on the sidenote, saw you hanging out with DTA crew, how can you actually join a group which contained adleast 2 admitted cheaters and one deleted topcheat ?
Zhukov your not very good in doing dirty laundry, your skills are barely limited to an irc troll, you might have had your break through in round 9, after you fooled shazna you introduced yourself, but with your petty obvious and low accusations you wouldnt have really made it into the first class of trolls and witty board twats
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 20:43   #33
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
i think we are down from reason 1+2 to the insults and dirtfight aimed at lockhead.

If lockhead refuses to talk to you its his own wish i guess.
About his first closure, lockhead was closed in this very odd scenario like many other Fang planets aswell, tho it was still questionable if it was actually sharing or hacking or a combination of both or whatever, as u might know the creators dont share their closure statements.

On the perspective of a good player who wants to join your alliance and has a planet about 13 mil and replies to the question "is that your planet and do you play it fair" with "yes" its beyonds furys responsibility to prove he is a cheater. I think no alliance leaves recruits under investigations from the creators before they actuallly can join, and tbh if you had this concern then i wonder why you havent informed the creators as it seems you have different informations or pieces of evidence which would prove cheating here.

So unless you can actually present (and it doesnt even matter now that pa is over and you didnt present it in the time this actions were happening) something i would call somene unguilty until proven different. So Lockhead can indeed have started a new planet.

And on the sidenote, saw you hanging out with DTA crew, how can you actually join a group which contained adleast 2 admitted cheaters and one deleted topcheat ?
Zhukov your not very good in doing dirty laundry, your skills are barely limited to an irc troll, you might have had your break through in round 9, after you fooled shazna you introduced yourself, but with your petty obvious and low accusations you wouldnt have really made it into the first class of trolls and witty board twats
Firstly, your intel is so 1337 that it scares me. I am not DTA, I have never been DTA for a single sec. For a you, as Fury Exec, its a bit dispointing. Trying to reach for a straw are we?

To the case about Lockhead, its not a "insult or a dirtfight", its a simple question.
I start with saying that most likely, Lochead bought a new planet from another player. I base that on his new planets size. I might not be correct, but atleast Im 98% sure I am. Couse the logic in my statement, is pretty strong. Its VERY hard to get a new planet, and have it up to 13mill+, in that time we are speaking about.

About the deletetion of the Fang planets, they were closed due to account-sharing. If you still havent gotten that, and still even consider the "I HAVE BEEN HAXORED" exuse (witch is just lame), it kinda shows your out-of-the-loop

Regarding your ability to have a serious discussion, you already seem to admit "defeat", as you have resorted to retorical tricks and false accusations.
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 20:43   #34
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by mazzelaar

zhil \o/
focht \o/
killghost \o/
kileman \o/

those guys in particluar show off everything that is good about Fury. Commitment, dedication and pure ability.
I really dont deserve to be mentioned this round, I did nothing really for Fury this round bar four things.

1) Provide scanning ability early on
2) Start a story based around r5 Wrath in particula
3) At the very end, do some work for Intel
4) Throughout I tried to maintain morale and uplift Fury spirits. I 'used' my recognition as a Fury to keep people fighting and happy.

Thats it really, although Im quite happy and pleased with your own dedication and commitment. Makes my day to see finally some decisions of mine go 'right' rather than wrong.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 20:49   #35
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
'hiding makes it hard/impossible to get def'

Even (pardon me for using 'even') Rock had it, in their case it was a channel that was +m for some reason, you pm'd the op the details and hopefully it got sorted.
I also saw the use of a channel called #p00p or something similar meaningless, a /msg #p00p omfg xxx has incs from xx:xx eta xx

Worked like a charm from what he told me.
And i know the Rock version worked aswell, atleast i got def there for my galmates (:
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 20:49   #36
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
3) I have asked Lockhead on irc, for some ODD reason he didnt want to reply.
Unlike me I doubt Lockhead has the good grace to reply when peons randomly PM him on IRC.

I have a long post written to reply to this which I'll post later once I've fine tuned some stuff.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 21:26   #37
velcrome
dnb+thc

velcrome is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
hiding coords is lame it's so much easier to just be honest in your gal and won't get you f*cked over at the start:/
i've been quite lucky with my gal multiple times...

that's prolly only reason why i ended as top 10.
and also the reason, why i didn't. as one of the very first compromised fury i experienced a lot of incoming against my gal during the first few weeks. which proves bashars point quite nicely.

Quote:
no alliance can defend it's members unless the alliance is warned that there is incoming..with fury doing everything in their power to hide their coords...that defence will be alot harder and therefore the start of a round is more difficult.

titans/ely/nos/olvi gal...heh would have become fun in the end:P

p.s. NoS defence is poo!:P
i never had problems to get def for galmates through msg4def (lo kal), but then again, i never backstabbed the cluster either

[fury]velcrome
velcrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 21:43   #38
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Firstly, your intel is so 1337 that it scares me. I am not DTA, I have never been DTA for a single sec. For a you, as Fury Exec, its a bit dispointing. Trying to reach for a straw are we?

To the case about Lockhead, its not a "insult or a dirtfight", its a simple question.
I start with saying that most likely, Lochead bought a new planet from another player. I base that on his new planets size. I might not be correct, but atleast Im 98% sure I am. Couse the logic in my statement, is pretty strong. Its VERY hard to get a new planet, and have it up to 13mill+, in that time we are speaking about.

About the deletetion of the Fang planets, they were closed due to account-sharing. If you still havent gotten that, and still even consider the "I HAVE BEEN HAXORED" exuse (witch is just lame), it kinda shows your out-of-the-loop

Regarding your ability to have a serious discussion, you already seem to admit "defeat", as you have resorted to retorical tricks and false accusations.
Uhm im sorry to say it but you missed a few classes in school were proper reading was teached. I refered to hanging out with the DTA crew not beeing member of DTA. So your whole dissapointed is based on your inability to understand written words.
I think the question about lockhead was answered a few posts above already, neither did i take any side in the judgement of who was closed because of what. As i stated there were many different stories and i cba to hear them all. And if it was a fresh planet or not, needs to be proven, while you are grasping straps here. As you did not before pa became null and void present any evidence nor you are doing so now.
About your 98%, you can even be sure 100% the problem would be to give in hard facts to base that and then if u found those facts to find somene who actually cares about it, as you might have realised pa is over. hehe
And about the rethorical tricks, i guess a person who cant read the difference between "hanging out" and "beeing member of" is not really worth any good wirtten prosa or highly styled texts, as you would hardly get the point anyway

And infact the statement was more on your trolling skills or better the lack off, aimed. As you were asking an answered question over and over again, which either leads back to the point that you are inable to read or that it might have a more scary and deeper root, the inability to think. But to decide that should be up to someone who knows you better
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 21:53   #39
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Firstly, nice of you to avoid the question more or less altogether.
Your inability to give a proper answer to a question is remarkable. Your ability to duck it, suggest you should move out of online-gaming and into politics

About DTA, Im sometimes idling in their channel, about 1/15th of the time im on irc. I wouldnt even called "hanging out with". I was interperting it as "beeing member of", otherwise your argument wouldnt have anything in it, anyway.

Next time, try to claim Im "hanging out" with Virus for instance, as I autojoin #viurs each time I start mirc...

/me goes to pack his bags, for going home for xmas vac
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 22:01   #40
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
'hiding makes it hard/impossible to get def'

Even (pardon me for using 'even') Rock had it, in their case it was a channel that was +m for some reason, you pm'd the op the details and hopefully it got sorted.
I also saw the use of a channel called #p00p or something similar meaningless, a /msg #p00p omfg xxx has incs from xx:xx eta xx

Worked like a charm from what he told me.
And i know the Rock version worked aswell, atleast i got def there for my galmates (:
Well problem here is that it still doesnt address how those galaxy members know your alliance. Defeats the point.

Regardless, it is hard to address the problem itself and whilst the idea could be implemented it has disadvantages especially relating to admin.

And as I said before, the last time Fury ut the effort into a system for galaxy members (non Fury) it didnt work great.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 22:04   #41
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

U asked 2 Questions, both got an answer.

As there was no evidence that he had "bought" or "taken over" a planet and as he replied to the question about did you play your planet according to the rules with "yes" the case was closed for fury.

I think no alliance has the responsibility to spy and control on recruits for their previous beeings, as it would be hard to prove if he had played that planet from the restart (after his other planet was closed).

On your 2nd question why we let somene in who had cheated before (even tho there were more stories about the actual cheating), you might see that he payed his price (planet 1 deleted) for it, i.e. MDK / LDK DTA / Titans / Fang and every other alliance in this game has ppl in it who actually have once cheated or were once caught cheating. Yes its debateable if its only cheating when your caught right ? or if its also cheating when you cheat and go through with it.

So on the bottomline the decision was made on the facts a)he said he would play fair (he did as far as im aware) b)this was the last round of pa with about 1 month to go c)he paid for his failings already by deletion

So the whole questiongroup was answered now again.
And as stated above already, no proof no guilt noone cares PA is over.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 00:06   #42
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold
Fury

As a 4 round member of Fury I feel I have the right to comment on this.

The comp/noncomp thing was a mistake. Period. This may not be popular with the command but hey there it is. Yes I can make this comment in hind sight, I gave it my all in hiding but when you see how the round played out I think Fury would of done better fighting like a Lion rather than trying to be the wolf in sheeps clothing.

I am proud to be Fury. I followed the orders knowing that if we didn't all commit to the game plan we would fail. I guess that makes me a good soldier.

/me salutes Fury command

I hope theres a round 9 and we can pay LDK and Titans back

Troll
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 00:49   #43
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
Fury of today is definatly not the Fury of yesterday's rounds.

I saw Zhil many times ripping his hair out over things in Fury in R8 he had some difficult times but he probably cared the most in general about Fury. Hes just one man though so he couldnt do it all alone.

Furys downfall was from the MO's and some regular members who took it upon themselves to act as MO's. Im not trying to diss on any MO's its the truth. Greed always plays a factor in all alliances and most often in those little BG's. Once a BG starts prospering they get the big head and thus become defence magnets and start thinking of themselves as special people who are in control, when they forget the little people saving their planets etc. I think something like this happened early and fury was definatly not able to just plant their foot down and make them walk a str8 line else they would lose that group.

Fury command did what they had to in order to keep going as long as they possibly could. Ill give upper Fury Command credit as I think they kept the alliance going while things crumbled around them.

The Defeat of Fury in R8 comes from the taking advantage of situations that arose and the 2 major incidents one at girlees planet and the other planet where they lost to many ships to really make a strong come back.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 03:27   #44
Drengar

*fluffles all sweet fury's *
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 04:25   #45
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
All Fury needed was a MSG4DEF bot
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 05:36   #46
xanadu zip

xanadu zip is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm glad to see the thread recovering a bit from the "lockhead" comments.

As most know I spent the round in Fury. I found them to be a very good alliance and much as I expected. There is no "perfect" alliance and everyone will find fault with every alliance.

Fury and Xanadu definately have very different styles, but both have their pro and cons. I found the community in Fury to be excellent and they were very good about welcoming the Xanadu players.

On the defense situation, I found them to be like most alliances when under heavy fire. Sometimes they could cover and sometimes they could not. I would not put the stats as high as I've seen in this thread (95%), it felt like less than that. I also had comments from my other Xanadu comrades that they had a few problems getting defense. It may also depend on what hours you play (3 - 7 CET for me). I did not have any problems with the MOs. It also seemed to me like it was clearly a first come, first serve basis.

I've always told Xanadu players and any alliance member, you can't just rely on your alliance for defense you must also build your own network of friends.

Overall.. fury performed more than adequate for me and I liked the people I met there.

I do want to mention one event tho... I participated in a fury attack on an LDK planet (which I did not know at the time) and after that I was hunted down like a dog! Under fire all the time. hehe.. Twas rather funny and a bit annoying.

Turns out it was my old friend izverg. I have to admire (as I always have) those LDK peeps as they are hunters like no other group in PA.

I would have liked to have contributed more to fury this last round, but r/l just had too big a hold on me with the death of my brother and moving to a new house after 12 years in one place.

My Kudos to Fury for taking in the Xanadu and accepting them like old friends as well as LDK who are the best group of fighters in PA as they prove to us again and again.
"Proud to be Xanadu"
xanadu zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 06:12   #47
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Another boring nit picking post
Its like your trying to be fatboydave junior or something, another nothing player trying to make himself a name for himself by joining the anti Fury bandwagon the only difference is dave had both the contacts and the class to pull it off quite nicely. You on the other hand don’t leave trolling to people who can do it successfully.

Zip you rock, it was a pleasure having you and many other former Xanadu memmbers in Fury for the round I feel privilaged to have got to play with lots of you.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 07:21   #48
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Axis_WLF
Fury of today is definatly not the Fury of yesterday's rounds.

I saw Zhil many times ripping his hair out over things in Fury in R8 he had some difficult times but he probably cared the most in general about Fury. Hes just one man though so he couldnt do it all alone.
I dont want to be picky but where did you see me do this? Any misgivings Ive had in any situation I've always shared in pm with the relevant people and to close friends. Im just abit wonderous to where I did this so you could see because I cant remember doing so Even after losses on girlee etc I didnt show any signs of being angry or such, I took it on the chin and just helped members who perhaps hadnt experienced losses like that before.

I wasnt command again until a few days before the round suddenly ended. So it couldnt have been command channels or such

Your comment is nice and appreciated regarding my loyalty - its an image Ive wished to build up and be respected for (or despised for by some people because its for Fury) but I really dont deserve a mention this round since I took little part in it.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 07:42   #49
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts
Quote:
I know the guy who bought the account... and it wasn't legit. That's all I'll say since the guy who bought the account is still an "associate" (nevertheless an ex-associate) who still idles in a channel of mine.

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 07:45   #50
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally posted by CamelToe
I know the guy who bought the account... and it wasn't legit. That's all I'll say since the guy who bought the account is still an "associate" (nevertheless an ex-associate) who still idles in a channel of mine.
Wow, now thats proof, damn cheat lockhead, what to do now ?
we throw him out of PA

eer wait, PA is dead.

We delete his planet

eer wait, all planets are deleted.

Thanks for your reply
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet