User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 2 Aug 2004, 01:30   #1
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about
Safety in Numbers

Not a new concept...

New player? New alliance?

Its a total arse getting going isnt it? You hear that this game is the dog's bollocks, sign up, and get shit all over. Well thats close to the dog's bollocks but, sadly, closer to the tail.

Well, how about this....

Are you a new player? Want to know how to play PA? Not easy to either learn or get ahead when you dont have a decent alliance or a decent gal. Would you like to join an alliance that is organised and working exactly like one of big alliances? Where the ethos is all about defending and attacking? Where there is no demand that you are the best, just that you are willing to learn and give everything to people that will give it back to you? Safety in Numbers is for you....*

Are you a new alliance (or a prospective HC of a new alliance)? Ok so you have a couple of friends that are up for giving it a go, but its not easy to recruit new members. Yeah there are things about being a new alliance which makes it hard to recruit new members, for example you only have 12 members (lets be honest, if you were wanting to join an alliance, which would you choose? one with 12 members or one with 80) and you would like advice and support in your new endeavour... SiN offers new alliances this: that your alliance is supported with our tools and our experience, we will have new players that will be supported by everybody in SiN, at the end of it all, when these embrionic alliances wish to leave they will do so with out best wishes. Above all you will learn how to work (not theory but practice) like a successful alliance.**

What SiN offers is this...

Advice and training and what we all need best when we come under fire... Safety in Numbers.

Combined defence and the whole feel of a 'big time' alliance.

Nightly attacks, either with the subscribing alliances or with our own attack groups...

There is the Carrot, now here is the Stick:

If you want all these thing you have to understand that there is one constant when it comes to the community play that makes Planetarion as good as it is, and that is the zero sum equation. You get nothing if you put nothing in, what you put in you get back, with interest.

New players who are interested in this are welcome, however, there will be quality controll. This means players who dont defend, dont join in, show no interest, will get kicked...

Our public room is #SiN

*Safety in Numbers is NOT for def leaches. You must have a netgamers account. There is a trial period of 7 days, if after 7 days you are game enough AND have decided to pay for an account your membership is guarenteed. No spies please.

**Subscribing new alliances will be subjected to particular rules, that they will nominate at least 1 member to work as Military officers (this is how you learn, by doing...). There are several other rules regarding poaching and participation that must be followed, pm me for details...

So there you have it, a boiling pot of new players and new alliances, and what SiN is all about is giving them the best training so that they can go forward from SiN and make a success of themselves....

Not a new idea...

p.s. Anybody who would like to help out with this are very welcome, just pm me.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired

Last edited by -=Zyth=-; 11 Aug 2004 at 21:05.
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 09:10   #2
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice
Re: Safety in Numbers

Hello Zyth. Nice little post, although I would have hoped you would return to HR next round

Anyways, I wish you good luck and if you need anything i'll be hanging out in #sin

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 23:09   #3
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

The boy says it how it is!

1up wish you all the best and hope that people take real notice of a player as experienced and as team orientated as Zyth.

It has been my pleasure to be in several galaxies with Zyth through a number of rounds and other than a great Planetarion player he's a stand up guy.

I, personally, will do as much as I can to assist in what people should recognise as the future of Planetarion and something that will hopefully give the people who are historically at the bottom of the food chain a real fighting chance.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 23:48   #4
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point

Zyth Hope it works out and gives the newbs a boost
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 23:59   #5
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Great to see the formation of another brand new alliance and one that i hope will achieve all it has set out to! I wish you and SiN all the best in establishing yourselves as a positive and hungry alliance m8.

I'm sure with your old-grey hairy-chin, genuine attitude and wise experience at PA (is there a Role in an alliance you haven't done?;P), you can with the right team, make a solid impact on PA for R12.

If you finish above HR i will be seriously p1ssed off though;P

/me salutes
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 10:30   #6
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

As has been mentioned in the Tide thread, SiN and Tides will be working together in the future as our ideals are broadly similar.

I would like to thank everyone who is showing us support \o/ you guys rock!

As Peter Kay said "It's the future!"

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 00:28   #7
Mastro
#SiN

Mastro is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes we have gathered quite a lot of support so far. Already have a veteran staff for next round to help out new players. As Tides and SiN have very similar goals we decided to do a little merge. We hope this can benefit all players in the planetarion universe.

Just so people know there is no limit and we are able to work with smaller alliances or justa group of friends that share a tag. If you are still in protection feel free to join #sin and talk to us. We try not to have any real limits besides activity. If you need help getting onto IRC then go to http://passport.planetarion.com/ment...e=general_mirc or just use the forum to send me a message.

Last edited by Mastro; 6 Aug 2004 at 04:06.
Mastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:42   #8
K-Jak
D'ya wanna buy a lemon?!?

K-Jak is an unknown quantity at this point

what is the application procedure?
K-Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:47   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastro
Yes we have gathered quite a lot of support so far. Already have a veteran staff for next round to help out new players. As Tides and SiN have very similar goals we decided to do a little merge. We hope this can benefit all players in the planetarion universe.

Just so people know there is no limit and we are able to work with smaller alliances or justa group of friends that share a tag. If you are still in protection feel free to join #sin and talk to us. We try not to have any real limits besides activity. If you need help getting onto IRC then go to http://passport.planetarion.com/ment...e=general_mirc or just use the forum to send me a message.
omg someone read our manual

/me cries a tear of joy

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 12:46   #10
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Jak
what is the application procedure?
Come onto IRC and join #SiN, talk to an OP eg @Zyth and we shall take it from there...

BTW Kal have you not thought of having a pre-configured version of mIRC?

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 15:25   #11
K-Jak
D'ya wanna buy a lemon?!?

K-Jak is an unknown quantity at this point

will do, wont be till tmrw as I am currently @ work
K-Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 08:39   #12
Mastro
#SiN

Ok we have had a merge with illusion. We are continuing to look for more new people and alliances in the game that want to play. Applying rules are all the same as what Zyth said up top. Talk to us in #SiN if have any questions. One of the ops will be there hopefully.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 12:31   #13
Mad-One

Illusion is happy to join SiN! Everything is well organized and I like the strategy behind SiN: to give new players a change to learn how to play this game proper. Cheers mates

Mad-One
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 21:01   #14
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Am in
Will sign up as soon as damn 72 ticks are up from leaving the terran marines( very good alliance made me proud)

I wanna help peeps

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.

Last edited by noah02; 14 Aug 2004 at 21:09.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 15:26   #15
Meciha

Meciha is an unknown quantity at this point

Must say that SiN has the potential of becoming a solid and reliable alliance in the future. I am confident they can create a good mix between experienced old-timers and ambitious and eager newbies. It's a very good thing for the game that people with experience actually have the guts to leave their comfy and well established strongholds to seek out new challenges and make a difference for the game. Wish there would be more people like that and the game would surely be a lot more interesting for everybody.
Meciha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 16:16   #16
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Zyth=-
Come onto IRC and join #SiN, talk to an OP eg @Zyth and we shall take it from there...

BTW Kal have you not thought of having a pre-configured version of mIRC?
u mean with like autojoin for the pa channels and things like that? as well as p scripts etc?

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 16:25   #17
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
u mean with like autojoin for the pa channels and things like that? as well as p scripts etc?
Yes. You can include #mentors or even #Sin in there

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 07:06   #18
Mastro
#SiN

Ok we are getting ready for next round. If you wanna join now and get a taste for SiN you are welcome to. We will be back for another round with the same policies. Basically having a pnick and being active are the only requirements. If you need help to get on IRC then message me.

And we have our new forum up if anyone wants to visit.
www.sallus-ennumeri.com/forums/

Last edited by Mastro; 22 Aug 2004 at 06:33.
Mastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 00:48   #19
Blacknova
Zhil's Monkeyboy

Blacknova is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastro
Ok we are getting ready for next round. If you wanna join now and get a taste for SiN you are welcome to. We will be back for another round with the same policies. Basically having a pnick and being active are the only requirements. If you need help to get on IRC then message me.

And we have our new forum up if anyone wants to visit.
www.sallus-ennumeri.com/forums/
My god... I need more sleep... I misread "pnick" for sth completely different.

And btw, good luck to you guys, I hope SiN comes good, more alliances (and in particular ones with new blood in) are what this game desperately needs.

Nova
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 12:18   #20
Freaking

We are still searching for new members and/or small alliances that would like to help us with the roiding mission every night, and if possible give defence when needed. If you are a small player you can also only send pods with some1 else 2 boost your score very easy.

If u want to join an alliance that has attacks every night and always gives enough defence, visit #sin on irc and talk to an OP or if they arent responding u can PM me.
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 11:41   #21
Henck
Howling Rain

Henck is on a distinguished road

Zyth, well good luck with your new alliance!
hope to see some action from SiN next round.

c'ya around m8
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 13:01   #22
CeeRo
[SiN]

CeeRo is an unknown quantity at this point

Must say I've had fun in SiN so far

Watch out for us rd 12
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 13:05   #23
Amnesia
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Amnesia is an unknown quantity at this point