User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Aug 2003, 03:19   #1
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
Why do chinese ppl have squinty eyes?

eriously, my google searches have found nothing but folks taking the piss out of them, was wondering if anyone knew.

BTW the first person to say "lol have you seen the glare of an atom bomb" gets AIDS
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 03:23   #2
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Did you try searching under "epicanthal fold"?

[edit] "epicanthic fold" may be the more common term [/edit]
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 03:32   #3
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
Of course not, i'm an uneducated swine.

ok that explains why they have squinty eyes.

But why do there folds stay while ours dont?
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 03:48   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Theres a story to do with the 'fire of life' and distance away from it...

however im not sure if its racist tbh. i dont think it is but im usually wrong.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 09:14   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Xillah
Of course not, i'm an uneducated swine.

ok that explains why they have squinty eyes.

But why do there folds stay while ours dont?
Probably because we didn't evolve in the same conditions as they did.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 09:28   #6
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
I only have squinty eyes when I'm drunk and about to sleep So I can't really say why. I guess it's those pesky southern chinese d00dz who everyone thinks is the normal chinese people all over the place (although us middle-east-coast-chinese people are much more :krad: )

edit: i'm stupid and drunk and forgot what forum i was on
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 12:32   #7
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

treelo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
BTW the first person to say "lol have you seen the glare of an atom bomb" gets AIDS
Godzilla then?

Waiting for the Sun.
treelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 12:35   #8
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
They lived for thousands of years in an area which tends to get lots of sun.

sun=bright

brightness=squinty eyes

evolution, see.
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 16:08   #9
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
from what ive heard, is that oriental people migrated from north asia.

the eyes developed in such a shape, to protect against the glare on snow/ice and harsh weather.

Zar

Last edited by Zar; 8 Aug 2003 at 16:14.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote