User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Nov 2002, 23:32   #1
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Talking To whoever bidded for PA

You are
[list=1][*]A Moron[*]Not "in touch"[/list=1]

you bidded 3 TIMES more than the current highest bid

you are an idiot

enough said
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2002, 23:33   #2
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess they don't understand auctions very well then.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2002, 23:35   #3
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by inf
I guess they don't understand auctions very well then.
Unless i get major moolah shortquick

im out of the bidding
Unread 30 Nov 2002, 23:35   #4
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

are they a serious bid tho?
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2002, 23:38   #5
inf
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak

are they a serious bid tho?
not as serious as me, I was willing to buy pa with some magic beans.

YES MAGIC BEANS!!!!!!!1432£"!$"%^
Unread 30 Nov 2002, 23:40   #6
inf
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks

im out of the bidding
It could be a hoax.
Unread 30 Nov 2002, 23:40   #7
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by inf

<BR> * 100

YES MAGIC BEANS!!!!!!!1432£"!$"%^
get a cow and and a MYSTERY box and we may be able to topple the high bid
Unread 30 Nov 2002, 23:41   #8
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by inf

if Christian 'i have a good business knowledge and keen financial sense really, i do, honest' Lassem was still in charge you might have had a chance
Unread 30 Nov 2002, 23:45   #9
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
if Christian 'i have a good business knowledge and keen financial sense really, i do, honest' Lassem was still in charge you might have had a chance
"look vish what i got for PA!!!!!! BEANS!!!!! "
Unread 30 Nov 2002, 23:46   #10
Ragnarak

Quote:
"look vish what i got for PA!!!!!! BEANS!!!!! "
i think kura already did that as a comic

i got the mental picture of a little dog on a ball saying that for some reason
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 00:08   #11
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

im out of the bidding
Starbuck you don't even know where to get the server so it's highly unlikely you have a clue about all the skills involved in running it. How about you stop having your kiddy tantrums and let some ppl who have a clue go and buy it.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 00:38   #12
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by mikay
Starbuck you don't even know where to get the server so it's highly unlikely you have a clue about all the skills involved in running it. How about you stop having your kiddy tantrums and let some ppl who have a clue go and buy it.
[list=1][*]I have the Database Server ready to be shipped/bought if need be[*]ditto with webservers[*]pipe is ready to go in when A OK is given[*]I know how to run the servers, as OOOH, ive worked on these exact ones before[*]the only problem i will have is a few of the tweaks that will need to be put in the DB Server[*]I will be using a more reliable DB System for Round 9[*]You know nothing[*]shut up[*]go away[*]screw yourself[*]etc[*]and trust me, you would not want the high bidders to get it :-/[*]how about i continue with my kiddy tantrums, get the planetarion players the game, ast the speed they deserve, at the price they deserve[*]and how about you shut the hell up and dont comment unless you know what your talking about[/list=1]
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 00:41   #13
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Lakhim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
[list=1][*]I have the Database Server ready to be shipped/bought if need be[*]ditto with webservers[*]pipe is ready to go in when A OK is given[*]I know how to run the servers, as OOOH, ive worked on these exact ones before[*]the only problem i will have is a few of the tweaks that will need to be put in the DB Server[*]I will be using a more reliable DB System for Round 9[*]You know nothing[*]shut up[*]go away[*]screw yourself[*]etc[*]and trust me, you would not want the high bidders to get it :-/[*]how about i continue with my kiddy tantrums, get the planetarion players the game, ast the speed they deserve, at the price they deserve[*]and how about you shut the hell up and dont comment unless you know what your talking about[/list=1]
Scary if you actually win the bid
Lakhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 00:56   #14
Ragnarak

new campaign:

Starbucks for creator-type person: what's the worst that could happen? \0/
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 01:04   #15
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
new campaign:

Starbucks for creator-type person: what's the worst that could happen? \0/
ive had that in my siggy since it was up for sale
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 01:32   #16
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
  1. You know nothing
  2. shut up
  3. go away
  4. screw yourself
  5. etc
  6. and trust me, you would not want the high bidders to get it :-/
  7. how about i continue with my kiddy tantrums, get the planetarion players the game, ast the speed they deserve, at the price they deserve
  8. and how about you shut the hell up and dont comment unless you know what your talking about
Just a hint, dont have *anything* to do with the players of the game. Lock yourself in a room, play with the servers and any online game you buy will be just fine

And how about the players getting the creators they deserve?

One can wonder if you (as a potential investor) would control such game development matters, or whether you'd outsource to someone with a clue ;p
________
Volcano vaporizers

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:13.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 01:33   #17
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Theamion for game dev ?

you should talk with W about fleet control tho.

fleetcontrol is the majic thing.
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 01:35   #18
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by Kileman
Just a hint, dont have *anything* to do with the players of the game. Lock yourself in a room, play with the servers and any online game you buy will be just fine

And how about the players getting the creators they deserve?

One can wonder if you (as a potential investor) would control such game development matters, or whether you'd outsource to someone with a clue ;p
i have lots of ideas

are are hush hush apart from one or two i want "opinions" on because they are controversial
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 01:40   #19
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
i have lots of ideas

are are hush hush apart from one or two i want "opinions" on because they are controversial
Just make sure you take the players opinions and feelings into consideration, rather than brushing them off as clueless n00bs

Not top-down policys

And a nice attitude and a smile here and there can go a long way ;p
________
O530 CITARO

Unread 1 Dec 2002, 01:43   #20
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Just make sure you take the players opinions and feelings into consideration, rather than brushing them off as clueless n00bs

Not top-down policys

And a nice attitude and a smile here and there can go a long way ;p

(oh and Planetarion dicussions is prolly the right place for this post, GD is filled with random crap about something called the 'real world')
i like ideas as long as they are feasable

the controversial ideas are interesting way of controlling bandwidth

And i dont like PD

They scare me
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 02:01   #21
Kileman
Commander

Quote:
i like ideas as long as they are feasable

the controversial ideas are interesting way of controlling bandwidth

And i dont like PD

They scare me
The average player wouldnt be too concerned with how the bandwidth is controlled, as long as its fast, reliable and doesnt cost them anything extra

Its game related ideas that the players are more worried about
________
Maine Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

Unread 1 Dec 2002, 02:39   #22
WarFalcon
Freedom First

WarFalcon is an unknown quantity at this point
Q: Will PA ever be free again?

A: No

Feel free to contradict me at will

ta
WarFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 03:46   #23
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
And i dont like PD
Someone outbid Starbucks, or I'm out of a job
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 03:48   #24
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by WarFalcon
Q: Will PA ever be free again?

A: No

Feel free to contradict me at will

ta
if (owner==starbucks) then Round_9 = free
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 03:49   #25
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Someone outbid Starbucks, or I'm out of a job
they just scare me there

i mean, half of them cant post anything making any literal sense whatsoever
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 03:50   #26
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
i mean, half of them cant post anything making any literal sense whatsoever
As opposed as to GD?
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 03:54   #27
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
As opposed as to GD?
[quote]
RANDOM POST FROM PD

actually

i was going to do this, then i noticed that on one thread, zeus made more sense than anyone else

i saw this as the ultimate example
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 04:00   #28
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
RANDOM POST FROM PD
Random quote from GD:

umm a little too rehursd for me, looks like you've sat downa nd acutally thought about it, plus i'd probably forget it half way thru.

At any rate, PD clearly can't be discontinued if the game keeps running - or GD would get all the Planetarion talk again.
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 04:03   #29
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Im just saying that they talk about the game wayyy too much for my likeing

im also very out of touch with alliances. Well Since Round 4 I have been.

But anyway, the only reason i dont LIKE PD, is that planetarion threads are good in moderation, if there is loads of them in one area you get chlostrophobic of them

I might Read few some of them, just to try can "catch up"
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 04:06   #30
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Im just saying that they talk about the game wayyy too much for my likeing
Apparently not to their liking, and they are the customers after all
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 04:10   #31
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Apparently not to their liking, and they are the customers after all
Yeah, but i dont think that planetarion is the be all and end all of life, if that is the case i can see myself getting sued in a "McDonalds made me fat" like case
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 04:11   #32
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Lakhim is on a distinguished road
Hey thats a good idea. Im going to start a "Internet ruined my life" lawsuit. Only who to sue
Lakhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 04:13   #33
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally posted by Lakhim
Only who to sue
Ask David Beckham.
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 04:14   #34
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

I would reccomend Sueing AOL

please, bankrupt them, for the love of god
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 04:47   #35
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
WINNER!
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 04:54   #36
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
WINNER!
Muppet, whoever takes PA over will make it free cos it's the only way it can exist. Prolly end up as a portal game which is how it should have been ages ago.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 08:03   #37
Kileman
Commander

Quote:
if (starbucks==smart) then Round_9 = Private_galaxies

(lo 180k players again, r4 magic )

The thrill of building up a galaxy before the round starts and kicking it off with a bunch of friends > *
________
Magic Flight Launch Box

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:15.
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 10:50   #38
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
if (starbucks==smart) then Round_9 = Private_galaxies

(lo 180k multi's again, r4 magic )

The thrill of building up a galaxy before the round starts and kicking it off with a bunch of friends > *
there i corrected it for you

i agree tho :P
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 10:59   #39
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Wait.. how do you know who bid what?

I wish to aquire said information.

Tell me how.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 13:11   #40
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
IF YER GONNA BE THE 0WNER (IF YER DONT' LOSE), YER COULD START WITH YER PUBLIC RELATIONS NOW

THERE'S NOT POINT IN GETTING THE PLAYER'S BACKS UP BEFORE YER EVEN START.

/me lcisk Starbucks
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 13:17   #41
Ragnarak

Quote:

(lo 180k players again, r4 magic )

round 4 sucked, i had some right twats in my gal
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 14:03   #42
Kileman
Commander

Quote:
round 4 sucked, i had some right twats in my gal
I know fs, I had all these Fury 'leet' players but they just went to bed at 7.30pm and slept for 16 hours :@~
________
Suzuki Gsx250Fx History

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:15.
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 14:12   #43
Ragnarak

Quote:
I know fs, I had all these Fury 'leet' players but they just went to bed at 7.30pm and slept for 16 hours :@~
you can insult me by calling me lazy but don't ever call me Fury ;p
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 18:11   #44
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
go bucks \o/

btw

"free" may not be good idea

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 20:14   #45
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
They looked at Zeus' post and said "tl;dr" I bet
Auro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 20:38   #46
WarFalcon
Freedom First

WarFalcon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

\o/
WarFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 20:52   #47
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Bidded?

BIDDED?

It's 'bid'
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 00:40   #48
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
And in the grand tradition of PA, your site's down.

ho ho

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 01:12   #49
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
I demand you buy ads on SA Forums if you win. This forum needs more "lol xbox so HUEG!"
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 03:09   #50
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by Auro
I demand you buy ads on SA Forums if you win. This forum needs more "lol xbox so HUEG!"
It costs $9 for a banner ad to reach appx 10k people (i dunno exact figures)

Its quite logical i will advertise on the Something Awful Forums

And Dead Meat i said the stie will be down for two months about that time ago, it went down on the 11th November, im moving hosts to a dedicated server as my current one wasnt working as well

Anyway, if i get PA bid i will host it on that line and use PA to get in people on to that site

Win Win Situation

[edit]

I dont think you can produce how big the xbox is in text format on forums

ITS SO HUEG!!!!!!11