User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 6 Mar 2006, 14:03   #1
wades209

Constructions

I think you should be able to sell of certain structures. For example when research is complete u could sell off research labs for 10% of the value fo constructing. For example if you had 10 research labs you should get 1k of each resource back. Failing this, there should be the option to destroy certain buildings. If they become useless.
Sorry if this has been brought up before.
Unread 6 Mar 2006, 14:06   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Constructions

Nah, they provide good flak when people attack you with SK's or cov-ops you.
Unread 6 Mar 2006, 17:36   #3
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Nah, they provide good flak when people attack you with SK's or cov-ops you.
I would rather put the spaces to use, that destroying constructions would bring.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2006, 18:03   #4
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Use for what?
Unread 6 Mar 2006, 19:26   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=181735& - the idea has been suggested before, although different words were used.
Unread 6 Mar 2006, 20:13   #6
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

x-dANGEr is infamous around these parts

I think that maybe destroying constructions for no resources back (Or even pay money to do so) would be a good idea. Just so that if someone needs the space for another type, he can have it.

If you can comfort a tear, do so, but never agrieve someone innocent.
x-dANGEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2006, 21:24   #7
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I'd be willing to loose my research labs at 0 return value if it gave me another spot for a different construction. Honestly I don't know why it hasn't been done before, why can't PA have urban renewal like everybody else?

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 16:26   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Because then you wouldn't have to consider the strategic value of building each structure.

Hence you can't just build mines early in the round, sell them all off and spam finance centres. You have to make choices.
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 23:22   #9
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Because then you wouldn't have to consider the strategic value of building each structure.

Hence you can't just build mines early in the round, sell them all off and spam finance centres. You have to make choices.
Well then why not limit the distruction to buildings that may not be of use, but are not really abusable. So how about factories, labs, amps, and distorters, but not sec centers, mines and finance centers?

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 00:05   #10
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
Well then why not limit the distruction to buildings that may not be of use, but are not really abusable. So how about factories, labs, amps, and distorters, but not sec centers, mines and finance centers?
Its all abusable though, your basically building things to gain an advantage and then when you are done discarding of them for the additional gains of not having to complete another research or reducing your cost of your next construction by getting rid of thinsg you now dont need.

Thats part of the strategic element of the game, if you build a tonne of research centres at first to keep your research down then its a decision you make knowing they will eventually be worthless and will increase your costs for building mines ect ect. Its all about judging what you need and the long term effects and then living with your decisions
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 00:07   #11
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Exactly. For example, I only built two research labs because I've been building mass amps all round and wanted to save costs and time.