User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 12:08   #1
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of
Paris

I'm treating my lady friend to a weekend in Paris. We are staying in Le Meredian, right next to the Arc du Triomph. I'm after some tips on whats really worth see'ing as we are only there for the weekend.

Obviously; Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame.

Also some travel tips would be handy, i hear the metro is excellent although has some issues with pickpockets?

Dining tips would also be appreciated.
________
DeLuxeEris

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 06:48.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 12:09   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Paris

Sacre Coeur
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 12:12   #3
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

Is that walkable or metro'able?
________
Avandia lawsuit information

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 12:13   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

both.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 12:13   #5
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Id suggest non to the touristy business, it'll suck all the joy out of your weekend, go and have a looksy at the sites if you want but i wouldn't pay or queue for any of them.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 12:19   #6
Yahwe
I am.

If you get any sun you should take a walk through the gardens of the palace of Luxembourg then accross to the Pantheon, that whole area is beautiful.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 12:28   #7
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Go and visit the Catacoombs - I think it is in the south of the city. Its a brilliant way to spend a morning.

And the Louvre. Its a big place so try and get an idea of what you want to see before you get there (check it out on the web) but the old Louvre buiding is worth seeing, its been excavated under the current site. The Mona Lisa is a bit disappointing but the galleries are well worth checking out.

You can go inside the Arc De Triumph and stand on the top. And if its open you can wander around the rooftop of the Sacre Coure.

If you want to see the cabaret shows like Moulin Rouge or Crazy Horse Saloon then budget for about £100 each for a champagne meal and drinks.

Last edited by CrashTester; 10 Feb 2005 at 12:33.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 13:50   #8
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Just watch out for the French drivers, they're just as likely to mount the curb and run you over as they are to actually navigate their way down the tarmac in between the two pavements.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 14:08   #9
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

see: musee d'orsay
dine/go out etc: place du têrtre
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 14:36   #10
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

Call me an old fogy rock n roller but you should go see Jim Morrison's grave.

Also try and go to the Bastille Square, there are alot of cafe around around there. Its really nice and romantic

When you go to the eifell tower walkaround there, lots of stuff to see. There is a bridge near there with huge golden things on blocks. They look really cool.

Have a good trip

tsm
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 14:36   #11
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

stay away from the touristy areas, if you can speak fluent french it wont be hard, if not then :/ but try and walk around and explore ask your hotel receptionist, taxi man etc for advice, remember they dont like speaking english, so wont do so until they really have too.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 15:09   #12
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you don't visit the Sacre Coeur I'll cut you.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 15:43   #13
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Paris

Journey to Versailles you cretin.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 16:16   #14
ceres

I'd hoped to visit Versailles but i'm not sure if i'll have the time.
________
Nexium Settlements

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 16:52   #15
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

the arch, notre, louvre, versailles etc *sigh* i love paris..

stop at every kebab stand.. they put fries in their kebabs and i fell in love with them also - lol thats all i ate when i was there!!!

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 16:54   #16
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD

stop at every kebab stand.. they put fries in their kebabs and i fell in love with them also - lol thats all i ate when i was there!!!
please ceres, please.

for me.

do not do this.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 17:34   #17
ceres

When eating this "kebab" would i need to wear an England football shirt and chant "Engerlund Engerlund Engerlund"?
________
Medical marijuana dispensaries laguna niguel suite a

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 17:41   #18
ceres

I am assuming by no one mentioning it, that this Parisian crime issue i had heard about isnt such a problem?
________
condos for sale in Pattaya

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 17:42   #19
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Paris

I didn't like Paris. Spending most of my time there on a tour bus going round the city in the rain may have had something to do with this.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 18:05   #20
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceres
I am assuming by no one mentioning it, that this Parisian crime issue i had heard about isnt such a problem?
It's probably no worse than any other major city.

Just don't wave your phone and Euros around like a spastic hooked up to the mains and you should be ok.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 23:53   #21
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

prepare to be financially raped
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 00:38   #22
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can't believe this thread went to 20 replies without Montmartre having been mentioned.

And I concur with Dace. I've eaten the most expensive icecream of my entire life in Paris.
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 08:44   #23
Yahwe
I am.

The Montmartre hill in Paris?

Topped by any chance by the Sacré-Coeur Catholic basilica, the Sacré-Coeur that's mentioned in the first ****ing post

Is that the Montmartre you mean?

I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE YOU HAVE ANY BLOBS AT ALL