User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 2 Feb 2010, 16:49   #1
Dworschi
MööööH r0x0r0r

Dworschi is an unknown quantity at this point
another new covop idea

i wanna suggest another type of new covop

"hacking the production" so it slows down for like 3 ticks or something

would maybe increase some tactics there

please discuss
Unread 2 Feb 2010, 16:53   #2
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about
Re: another new covop idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dworschi View Post
i wanna suggest another type of new covop

"hacking the production" so it slows down for like 3 ticks or something

would maybe increase some tactics there

please discuss
Basically this came just up in a chat on IRC between Dworschi and me. He asked if there is such a cov op, and I just thought he had quite a nice idea there.

It´s fairly obvious that slowing down a targets production would add a little more tactical value. While it is already a gamble to land on possible production, this would make closely calculated productions a bigger gamble for a (non-immune) planet as it is at the moment. It would at least be more of a "play it safe or go for maximum output until landing" decision.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2010, 18:12   #3
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

/signed

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2010, 18:51   #4
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

would be neat for it to be a 5 agent minimum with a percent factor like research hack!
Unread 2 Feb 2010, 19:41   #5
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Operation Havoc partially does this already, as it targets structures, some of which generate production units.

I'll sign anyway.
Unread 2 Feb 2010, 21:19   #6
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellKicker View Post
Operation Havoc partially does this already, as it targets structures, some of which generate production units.

I'll sign anyway.
Yeah, but you can't guarantee it hits factories. Actually the chance to hit factories is usually pretty small because of FCs/mines. Which reminds me about my havoc targetting system idea I never posted.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2010, 03:05   #7
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

god no. lets remove covop rather than adding more useless shit to that part of pa.
KISS!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2010, 03:42   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Your opinion has nothing to do with KISS, Wishmaster, and you know it.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2010, 09:59   #9
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Your opinion has nothing to do with KISS, Wishmaster, and you know it.
BS. alot of things can, and SHOULD be removed from the gameplay.
Things that add so little, yet just makes it harder to get into.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2010, 12:17   #10
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

yeah lets just leave the issue fleet orders button there and give everyone the equal number of ships
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2010, 14:10   #11
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
Yeah, but you can't guarantee it hits factories. Actually the chance to hit factories is usually pretty small because of FCs/mines. Which reminds me about my havoc targetting system idea I never posted.
But if you do hit factories while the guy is prodding to selfcover incs, the effects may be devastating. ciyf.
Unread 5 Feb 2010, 15:14   #12
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
While it is already a gamble to land on possible production, this would make closely calculated productions a bigger gamble for a (non-immune) planet as it is at the moment. It would at least be more of a "play it safe or go for maximum output until landing" decision.
Just a random thought, but I think it should be more difficult to become immune against covert operations directed to hurt a massive production package than it would be to protect a small production unit: hence, possibly making it less possible to shield a large production unit, or, at least make it security-wise quite expensive to do so. I like the idea though, with a little development it might provide quite a tactical element into the game - as long as it's not either too easy to become immune to it or too difficult to do so. Heh.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote