User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 4 Mar 2006, 11:50   #1
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

x-dANGEr is infamous around these parts
Changing Xp formula.

I think the XP formula should be changed, so that if you like lose more than %50 of your ships in any attack, you will get less XP, I basicly mean that it should be so: The more you lose (Percentage), the less XP you get. So that way, you'll need to do some 'planned' attacks, maybe with a couple of friends, to get such a landing. As I wouldn't like to see people getting huge amounts of XP for crashing their fleets. XP should be rewarded for those who manage to keep most of their fleets alive and still land on big boys (IMHO). I had suggested this eariler, not sure where, but I don't know what was the outcome. So please, forgive me if this was posted earlier.

If you can comfort a tear, do so, but never agrieve someone innocent.
x-dANGEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 12:19   #2
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Changing Xp formula.

I agree that it should be changed*, but I think your suggestions are crap because it's full well possible to get free high xp roids, plus you bias for/against certain races (due to inherent playing style).

* If I cba and PAteam don't announce a different change first I'll post my suggestion once the round is done.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 12:58   #3
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

Free High XP roids, but not the same as now 0-o

Unread 4 Mar 2006, 13:27   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-dANGEr
XP should be rewarded for those who manage to keep most of their fleets alive and still land on big boys (IMHO).
Going cath? Everyone else will be if you implement that.
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 16:31   #5
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

That's why their's defence .. I dont think it's easy for some Cath to land on someone 2x it's value without losing much of it's fleet.. (You know, their are alliances..)

Unread 4 Mar 2006, 16:52   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-dANGEr
That's why their's defence .. I dont think it's easy for some Cath to land on someone 2x it's value without losing much of it's fleet.. (You know, their are alliances..)
What relevance does that have? It's difficult for anyone to land on a lot of defence. It's just that cath planets have a clear advantage from a system that rewards not losing ships on an attack.
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 20:39   #7
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

How can a Cath land on someone 2x his size and not have losses.. (Yeah, it might be that I'm a noob, but would be semi impossible after early stage..)

Unread 4 Mar 2006, 20:49   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

I scanned my xan gal mate who is 800k value with less than 2k fr. Freezing 2k fr takes about 300 tarantulas. Say 350 tulas and 50 hornets. You can pretty easily manage that and have less than 400k value.
Unread 9 Mar 2006, 19:21   #9
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I scanned my xan gal mate who is 800k value with less than 2k fr. Freezing 2k fr takes about 300 tarantulas. Say 350 tulas and 50 hornets. You can pretty easily manage that and have less than 400k value.
Then, that Xan deserves to be roided IMHO. I think we all agree that the stats of this round needs some adjustments. I mean that it should be so, that if a cath lands on someone 2x him, he should have some losses, otherwise their is something wrong. To XP, you should team up with other people to avoid falling in much losses. At least that how I think it should work.

Unread 10 Mar 2006, 09:27   #10
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

I figure by the last week a high value Xan could make it in there if they've stayed out of wars / got a fantastic fleet composition.

You really do have to consider that Value's more prevalent at the end of the round. It'll show its hand, be it less dramatic this time around.