User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Mar 2006, 11:21   #1
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

x-dANGEr is infamous around these parts
Xan, Ter, Cath and Zik.

I was checking the forums up and down when this came up in my mind. As a player:

1) What race do you prefair to use?
2) How many have you used each of them?
3) And why you'd use it? (I'm talking about the Races, if you haven't noticed by now ).

1) I don't prefair to use any race, just check the stats and pick what seems best.
2) I used each one of them once, with only the Xan time turning out to be a downfall
3) I'd use R race just because I see it can be the best this round.

If you can comfort a tear, do so, but never agrieve someone innocent.
x-dANGEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 11:27   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Xan, Ter, Cath and Zik.

Zikonian in r13, xan in r15 and terran this round. I just ask jester what the best race is :(

The worst part is that then he starts explaining it to me and I have to sit there pretending to be interested :(

PS I really like zik though, I quite enjoyed playing r13 despite the fact i was roided once every three ticks or something because the fleet I stole was so ****ing ninja. They'd be my favourite race I suppose.
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 11:39   #3
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

x-dANGEr is infamous around these parts

That diserves a 'lol'. I played Zik R13 too and it was kinda cool, though what sucked for me is that I only got 7 incomings through the whole round.. They were just scared..

If you can comfort a tear, do so, but never agrieve someone innocent.
x-dANGEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 11:41   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm a Cath through and through. Every round I consider going Zik or Xan, but I'm always Cath in the end. I was Zik in Round 12, that's it.

I used Xans back in old PA, but not anymore.

I use Cath because it's more like an art to freeze everything. It's also 'cool'. I like Zik for stealing though.
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 11:54   #5
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Once a Zik always Zik in my case, apart from one round where I went Cath
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 11:55   #6
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

I've been a zik for as long as I can remember, although I'm a xan this round.
It's fun to be able to kill a lot of ships before the opponent gets to fire, but I don't think xans have it bad this round. Xans can't attack each other so I have a reasonable quiet round so far.

In the end I have to go for zik, easy value growing is always nice I don't have to worry about losing my fleet when I can steal one back.
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 12:01   #7
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Im a zik i guess. I dont like the way zik gets fked over atm by late stealing and getting huge value thus no xp.

Ive tried all the other races but is the only race fun enough to keep me interested
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 12:33   #8
Europatriot
zz-crew MMC

Europatriot has a spectacular aura aboutEuropatriot has a spectacular aura aboutEuropatriot has a spectacular aura about

my default choice is Cat, with a maybe on Terran..
obviously having tried all sides, the cathaar and terrans seemed to best suit my pacifist roiding style.
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 14:28   #9
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

I've played each of them around 3 times except zik which I havent played once because a) I like having a few ships, not 132323 different types of ship and b) I reckon I'd suck at it.
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 14:53   #10
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

I'm a Xan in a Ziks body!
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 18:30   #11
Illmaticks
you know you want me

Illmaticks has a spectacular aura aboutIllmaticks has a spectacular aura about

I have played Ter once or twice, ever since you could play Ter.

All the other rounds I have played Xan, but success has varied.

I've been playing Xan, cuz its appealing to have huge fi/co roiding fleets. Although it was best to have FR fleets last round - and this round.. Heh.. Xan just kinda stuck with me, i guess...

Alliances: [Conc] [NRK] [ETY] [Guild] [Reunion] [HR] [Insomnia] [Ascendancy] & others...
Illmaticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 18:42   #12
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

zik in r15 xan r16, I prefer Xan slightly though.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 20:37   #13
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Zik when I play without an alliance, xan when I play with one.
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 20:39   #14
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

Cannot for the mind of me remember what race before r11 I struggled with these below

r11 Cathaar
r12 Cathaar
r13 Xandathrii
r14 Cathaar
r15 Xandathrii
r16 Terran

It looks like I am cath/xan heavy although in general I go on merit of the stats, apart from r15 I generally go the race a lot of other people dont go, purely so I can exploit the uniqueness (obv it needs to be half decent)
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 20:40   #15
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
I've played each of them around 3 times except zik which I havent played once because a) I like having a few ships, not 132323 different types of ship and b) I reckon I'd suck at it.
exactly my reasoning for not playing zik.
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 23:55   #16
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

the only round i wasn't either cath or zik was r11 where i was xand.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2006, 02:24   #17
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I go for the worst race just for the challenge* (except terrans) ((except this round))

* Okay I never looked at the stats, but r13 cath was fantastic furball
Unread 5 Mar 2006, 02:50   #18
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Okay I never looked at the stats, but r13 cath was fantastic furball
Oh damn right. Greatest. Round. Ever.

And I never built tarantulas that round
Unread 5 Mar 2006, 03:03   #19
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

13 cath, 14 cath, 15 zik, 16 cath.
I went the war way in the old days, no frigging tulas then

im thinking of doing xan next round, depending on the stats. I almost did them in r15, but decided to go for ziks as property is theft and therefore stealing is good. In retrospect I probably should have picked according to stats and not political stance
im sick of not killing things!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2006, 08:36   #20
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

I've played every race. I prefer Zik because of stealing.

-NITINA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2006, 10:37   #21
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I love xan. There's nothing like having a huuuuge fleet with hundreds of thousands ships
Unread 5 Mar 2006, 10:52   #22
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I use Cath because it's more like an art to freeze everything. It's also 'cool'.
Hehe, freezing, cool. I get it. \o/

I've nearly always picked xand. Round 11 I picked zik, and it was a horrible experience. I got roided by pretty much everything, because subversion in defence was basically EMP with half the efficiency. Since then I picked xand, until this round when I picked terran. \o/

I usually take a look through stats, decide which I think will be the best race (or races...). Generally it is xand + something else, as xands are very easy to overpower (though I felt it was zik/ter this round). I'm a very team oriented player who defends and MOs quite a lot, so I've usually picked xand because after all, damage dealers are usually the best defence!

I never (ever) pick cathaar because I hate the idea of being roidable for free by absolutely everyone again, even though round14 caths were great and round 15 caths were also pretty good. I only picked terran this round, usually I've been put off by their lack of defence ships (hence not picking them r14).

And I usually hate the idea of going zik because in many cases, early success is going to rely on luck more than the other races, and I don't particularly like the idea of relying on luck; your gal getting stealable incs, people not running, having the fleets to fleetcatch etc...
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2006, 13:20   #23
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

i'm always xan except r13 when i was cath.
Huge numbers, cloak so they can't fleetscan you, fast initiative,... what more can you ask from a race

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2006, 13:31   #24
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Since races started, I've played every race at least once.
I can't remember which I've played when, though possibly R10 Xan, R10.5 Terran, R11 Xan R12 Cath R13 Cath. I'm not sure I've played Zik properly post R10.
In many ways I'm a Cath at heart (look at my stats ) but I really don't mind playing any of the races, though i'd prpbably struggle most as Zik
Unread 5 Mar 2006, 13:36   #25
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I play Terran and thats all I ever will play.
I used to love war frigates which i still see as a Terran ship but nevermind.

Terran ftw.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2006, 14:04   #26
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Oh damn right. Greatest. Round. Ever.

And I never built tarantulas that round
I never built the other ship.. roach?
Unread 5 Mar 2006, 20:27   #27
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Pre PAX: Xan

When I joined and played active again after PAX: Zik.

I ll be zik till I stop playing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2006, 21:31   #28
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
I ll be zik till I stop playing.
uh huh..? http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=188337
Unread 6 Mar 2006, 12:51   #29
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The playstyle I like best, is terran. Flak all the way baby!

I enjoy xan, and can't stand cath and zik. I have been cath this round to be more of an alliance player, and I won't ever be again, regardless of the stats. With zik, you just can't round numbers, and that just sucks ):

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2006, 13:12   #30
Bos
Former Monkey

Bos will become famous soon enoughBos will become famous soon enough

R13 Terran, coz I didnt have a clue what PA was
R14 Cat (The Art of Freezing it all --> fun)
R15 Zik (agree with The_Fish, you end up with all kinds of crap)
back on Terran now, and making a mess of it. prolly gonna try Xan next
Unread 6 Mar 2006, 13:26   #31
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
The worst part is that then he starts explaining it to me and I have to sit there pretending to be interested
Hehe Jonny, I thought you were married hence were used to listen and pretending to be interested

To answer on the thread ...

I've been Xan ever since they allowed us to choose our race. Regardless of the stats for Xan

Huge numbers just make me horny

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2006, 13:32   #32
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
The playstyle I like best, is terran. Flak all the way baby!

I enjoy xan, and can't stand cath and zik. I have been cath this round to be more of an alliance player, and I won't ever be again, regardless of the stats. With zik, you just can't round numbers, and that just sucks ):
heh yeah, I have a unhealthy obsession for round numbers

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2006, 13:48   #33
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Kaisto is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm Zik forever! nothing like humiliating your opponent by stealing his whole fleet!
My biggest problem with them is as mentioned above, you just cant get round numbers I have even considered sending off ships to suicide at random planets just to even things out
Kaisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2006, 14:43   #34
Flying Monkey
mokes

Flying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura about

This is my 3rd out of 4 rounds as terran. Last round I went xan because because I wanted to play for value and have the chance to build some decent def ships. I enjoyed being xan but still prefer terrans mostly. This round I chose them because their attack fleets looked great and they're so easy to fake

The only race I'd never consider going, no matter what the stats is zik. I just wouldn't be able to send my fleets off to die, even if I'd get to steal ships back and I prefer to be able to plan my fleet earlier rather than rely on stealing the right ships.

Rd 13-16
Veneratio | VGN | Subh
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 23:43   #35
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough

I play Zik. Started in r13, chose Terran. (figured Terran=human ships=should be straightforward) I saw Zik ship stealing in action, and I thought it looked cool, and realized it would be a great way to build value. I started playing Zik the first chance I had (r13 Havoc), and I've been Zik ever since.

Since then, I've discovered a couple more advantages of Zik:

1. Stolen ships can be combined with your native fleet for often-deadly combos.
2. Max stealth=100. A nice side benefit. Makes 'Hacking:Resource Transfers' easier.
Round 13- complete n00b, 13:5:19
[Hidden Agenda member from round 14 on out]
Round 14: 11:7 MoD, final rank 1006
Round 15: 11:9:7, Galactic Commander, final rank 724
Round 16: 4:5:7, GC (The Colt 4-5's), final rank 380
Round 17: [forgot my final result]
Round 19: final rank 233
Round 20: 2:7:15, final rank 222
Round 23: bad end rank, crashed too many times
Round 24: am playing Zik

I provided the name for Round 16, "The End of an Era".
KingAlan is offline   Reply With Quote