User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Sep 2003, 20:22   #1
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough
The name Planetarion - Isn't it gone, Spinner?

Hey all, especially Spinner & fudge.

Why are you still using Planetarion as a name of this game?

The old Planetarion is gone.

Like you have posted somewhere yourself, Spinner, this is a totally new game - but with an old name.

Remove the "Planetarion", make it "PaX" only.

The new game is PaX and round1 is called Genesis.

Would make it easier for us older players not to expect "our" good, old Planetarion.

Thank you,
Respectfully, Johannes "Lockhead" Koch

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 20:26   #2
Twist
A Pro without Mercy

Twist is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy right planetarion is dead

and thx spinner for that....you ruined the best game there was...
R7: 27:15:10 Jack Cartright of The Chantry Rank 95
R8: 31:10:2 TheRealDuke of The Bladerunner Rank 186
R9: 43:10:5 Galliard of Glasswalker Rank 556 at the time I did still care
R9.5 28:4:2 Ahroun of Get of Fenris Rank 67
Delenda est PAX !
Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 20:27   #3
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough
Re: right planetarion is dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Twist
and thx spinner for that....you ruined the best game there was...
I didnt say that Planetarion is dead.

He just created something new and decided not to run Planetarion anymore.

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 20:29   #4
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future
indeed this game is less like planetarion than most PA clone's... change it to PaX..
Nadval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 20:39   #5
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
You're not serious, are you? I mean, how stupid would it have been to demand that Henry Ford stop calling his cars 'Ford' when he made new models after the T-Ford. Should we demand Microsoft stop calling it 'Windows' because the current incarnations are nothing like Windows 1.0 (or anything up to 3.11 really)?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 21:17   #6
jvg
legion pe0n

jvg is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree it aint Planetarion anymore :/

<Azuth> I've done alot of Crazy things for PA
<Azuth> Telling a nekkid girl I can't stay over anyway as I have to go home and save my gal is right up there with spraining my foot with my bare hands to up my activity
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 21:21   #7
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Banned
You're not serious, are you? I mean, how stupid would it have been to demand that Henry Ford stop calling his cars 'Ford' when he made new models after the T-Ford. Should we demand Microsoft stop calling it 'Windows' because the current incarnations are nothing like Windows 1.0 (or anything up to 3.11 really)?
But the cars were better, and actually improved.

Same with windows (debatable).

Planetarion however has taken 1 step forward, and 10 backwards, and is inferior to the old version.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 21:25   #8
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
get off Spinner's back ffs.

Lockhead, its different, but the name shouldnt change, it is not that different to old PA.

The moaners (not Lockhead) should just be quiet or go somewhere else, if you aint gonna play, fine, but dont make the rest of us unhappy with the new PA.

GL Spinner. And this isn't arse kissing.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 23:23   #9
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 23:31   #10
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold
aye, the windows and car etc examples are all good..

but keeping to games... do you have any idea how much CS changed from b5.2 (most played version of CS) till now?
I don't even bother playing it anymore

while i will keep playing PA (as long as ND exists), the game hasn't dissapointed me at all, and that's the best it could do
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 09:24   #11
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
He spent 3 years creating what was about the best and most successful game there was. All he needed in the end were players. Why do he think they will come when he start over again??

There were so many things in the "old" PA that could have been great in the new, together with new stuff. he just seem to HAVE to change everything. Forgot the name tho, I agree

And Spinner, if you want the alliances in-game. Make it a bit better plz.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 09:47   #12
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Since 'PaX' is short for 'Planetarion X' - I don't think that's a very good idea.

Its name is, and always will be, Planetarion.
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 13:39   #13
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
Would you rename your baby as it grows up?
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 13:44   #14
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Zeus
Would you rename your baby as it grows up?
Indeed, but how often does your Baby mutate and grow extra eyes,heads,legs and arms?

The new game is quite good, but it isnt Planetarion, Planetarion has always been about growing big, now that part has been cut out, at the very least there should be 2 leader boards, 1 for Score(Honor) and another for Value(networth)
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 14:08   #15
davidb
[Iron-Pirates & Babes]

davidb is an unknown quantity at this point
i think you people should go back down history lane here,
planetarion had to change otherwise there would be no planetarion,
i like the changes aswel personaly after playing since round2 i was personaly getting bored of the game/trolls but now its changed its kept me playing for a while longer anyway and i know that is the case for many other people i have spoken too.
as for the name it shud stay planetarion i think not pax sure its been classed as a whole new game ect but its still planetarion like it or not and i suggest if u dont like it save us all the hasle and dont play the GAME and dont moan on here about a game u dont play
davidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 14:14   #16
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
Indeed, but how often does your Baby mutate and grow extra eyes,heads,legs and arms?

The new game is quite good, but it isnt Planetarion, Planetarion has always been about growing big, now that part has been cut out, at the very least there should be 2 leader boards, 1 for Score(Honor) and another for Value(networth)
Bla, the score totally depending on (fleet/roid) value was probably one of the worst features of planetarion anyways. Good riddance to it. They should take it out of the gal info asap as well.

To all those other complaining. Just because you cannot grasp the impact of a major game change and cannot adapt your gameplay does not mean that is a problem with the game. Just consider it a problem of yourself first.

some of you might have told themselfs they were decent/good planetarion players and should rename themselfs now to crap planetarion players mayby.

On line games need evolving. That does not mean all change is good but in this case a lot of people are now already complaining mainly cause they haven't gotten a clue how to play this renewed game. I know some people who played so completly focussed on scans and battlecalcs and total predictability that they completly lost sight of what a game should be all about even.

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 15:48   #17
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Al_zz
Bla, the score totally depending on (fleet/roid) value was probably one of the worst features of planetarion anyways. Good riddance to it. They should take it out of the gal info asap as well.
yer, so u have absolutely no idea if your target has any fleet etc

gg!
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 16:17   #18
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by El-CuRa

gg!

Next he'll say that roids shouldnt be seen from the gal page either.
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 16:26   #19
davidb
[Iron-Pirates & Babes]

davidb is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe
davidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 17:18   #20
FSW

FSW is an unknown quantity at this point
That would mean that he would have to buy a new URL to replace this one which everyone is familiar with. Besides, there is no good reason to change the name. Why does it matter what this game is called, really?
FSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 18:05   #21
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

gg!
That's why they invented scans
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 22:29   #22
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:

gg!
Scan them !!! Have you ever played PA ?
Players don't want fleetvalue for knowing what fleet their target has but they use it to find targets. So losing the fleetvalue from gal screen will lose you the ability to lazily pick targets.

hAl
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 22:42   #23
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Scanning half the universe sounds really fun and interesting
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 23:10   #24
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
I haven't invented those scans yet. It takes forever to get those things. Same with the tactics we are promised. Without different ships there is no tactics. No picking the right ships. It's nice to have all this options and choice. If you have enough patience till you get there. I'd more research to start with (like for ships). A bunch of roids and materials to build ships/buy more roids. No more protection. Start it with a bang.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2003, 08:49   #25
Yeggstry
Connection Established...

Yeggstry has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Command and Conquer: Generals is VERY different from the original in terms of tactics etc. does that mean that the C&C bit of the name should be removed....?

The point is that the original Planetarion has a certain reputation associated with it, ditch the name and you lose the reputation. For C&C that would be a disaster. with PA I am not too sure as it has had a colored past, but for the ppl that were playing it R1-3 they would think the world of the game.

The name is kept purely for marketing purposes imo.
R5 - 36:10:16 (Armada)
R6 - 32:16:13 (ViruS)
R7 - 26:3:14 (Infection LT/ViruS TO) (#364 planet, #34 gal)
R8 - 4:3:1 then 3:8:4 (ViruS TO)
R9 - 47:10:5 (ViruS Gaming Community (VGC) Tech Op)
R9.5 - 23:6:4 (VGC Tech Op) (#462 planet)
R10 - 5:2:3 then 5:3:1 (ViruS/Eclipse, #419 planet), Portal Coder
R11 - retired from PA
Yeggstry is offline   Reply With Quote