User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 22 Mar 2003, 02:57   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Laughing at your own jokes

Here's the scene:

It's break time at work tonight.

Someone has a paper and shows a picture to a group of folk (including myself) of what appears to be two different Saddam's (both appearing on Iraqi TV as The Saddam ... one taken from his speech after the bombing of his Palace or whatever it was recently and the other one from a while ago) and they really don't look like each other.

Anyway a girl in the group goes "He looks different because he's had a stroke".

And i say "Of what?".

And the only sound at the table i and the other people are sitting at is me chuckling away to myself.

Apparantly no-one else found it funny.

So does anybody else laugh at their own jokes?
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 02:59   #2
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I laugh at things I type on IRC, thats probably worse.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 03:00   #3
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
It's generally considered "not done".
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 03:03   #4
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Zapman
It's generally considered "not done".

But why?
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 03:04   #5
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
was it a desperated, nervous joke, or a true one?
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 03:05   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally posted by ItotheDtotheI
thats the kind of joke a gay person would say

Only if they were as witty as me.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 03:06   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
was it a desperated, nervous joke, or a true one?

It was a 'I know this is poor but it amuses me so i'll say it anyway' kind of joke.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 03:11   #8
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
It was a 'I know this is poor but it amuses me so i'll say it anyway' kind of joke.
oh
the egoistic kind of humour
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 03:44   #9
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Generally, if one of my jokes is poorly recieved (as is often the case), I will start saying "ey, ey, see what I did there, ey, ey" while poking\nudging the recipitents of the joke.

Ultimatly I think it depends on whether you care or not what others think of you.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 04:23   #10
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
well, I thought the comment was an amusing little tid bit....

But then I have a sick sort of humour
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 09:48   #11
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
I do it too, because I am a genuinely funny chap, and anybody who doesnt 'get' my jokes isnt.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 10:36   #12
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
I try not to, but sometimes I just can't help myself.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 12:44   #13
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
yeh I laff at my own jokes all the time, ppl say its bad

sometimes i think of something funy to say and just laff myself, without saying it to others, they think im a little crazzy
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 13:09   #14
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future
Re: Laughing at your own jokes

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace

So does anybody else laugh at their own jokes?
Yes.

I laugh at things I find funny.
I say jokes if I find them funny.
Therefore, I laugh at my own jokes.

Others often don't.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote