User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 24 Jan 2003, 20:32   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Radio Stream Recording

I'd like to record the 1Xtra BBC radio shows but since the DAB we have is in the car, I can't exactly hook up the car to my PC and record the tracks. I'm not sure if it's illegal to do such a thing (dunno), but I do own a DAB and many people have MD to record off standard radio etc. so ... ?

I've looked for many proggies, but either they cost or they are shareware with a limit - or the free ones record @ a lower level than 32kbit or 56kbit (only streams I can listen to of 1Xtra).

Btw - what's the stream url? MSIE is being a bum and won't display the source :[

Thanks for any help as per usual
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores

Last edited by Androme; 24 Jan 2003 at 20:39.
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 21:28   #2
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society
stream ripper plugin for winamp
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 21:35   #3
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
bbc doesnt do mp3 streams.
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 21:59   #4
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Flavius - I'll check it out thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by BesigedB
bbc doesnt do mp3 streams.
ie: go to 1Xtra site @ BBC, go to past shows and somewhere there is a page where you can listen to all shows with kbps bitrate depending upon ur connection - I can listen to them etc. but I want to record them you see
----------retired-------
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 18:39   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Androme2
Flavius - I'll check it out thanks

ie: go to 1Xtra site @ BBC, go to past shows and somewhere there is a page where you can listen to all shows with kbps bitrate depending upon ur connection - I can listen to them etc. but I want to record them you see
I was under the impression the BBC does RealAudio streams, so you'd need something that can decode and record that.

If such a tool exists.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 19:02   #6
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
i can record bbc webcasts to casette seein as the speakers i use for my pc are my hifi speakers so i just stick it to aux and press record
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:17   #7
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
i can record bbc webcasts to casette seein as the speakers i use for my pc are my hifi speakers so i just stick it to aux and press record
while I could do that I'd rather record straight to my PC
----------retired-------
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:25   #8
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
while I could do that I'd rather record straight to my PC
http://www.mp3-to-wav.com/mp3recorde...3_recorder.htm

or something like it.

Just make sure you turn all other Windows sounds off at the time like.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:40   #9
Androme
☆ ♥ 

omg ur 1338 pab! it's only £20ish but it'll do

btw - got any pics of ur 1338ish self ?
----------retired-------
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 00:21   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
omg ur 1338 pab! it's only £20ish but it'll do

btw - got any pics of ur 1338ish self ?
I demand not-stalkage.

And there's no recent ones up, though if you wait till i15 there'll be 'some' that appear I guess.

LO FA.CS ETC
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 18:13   #11
Androme
☆ ♥ 

I take it they export from you?
----------retired-------
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:40   #12
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
http://www.mp3-to-wav.com/mp3recorde...3_recorder.htm

or something like it.

Just make sure you turn all other Windows sounds off at the time like.
Hang on, wouldnt you also need a lead that goes from the "Out" on the soundcard to the "In" on the soundcard? Then you need to turn off the playback of the "in" but make sure the recording level of the "in" is set.

Only concern here is that the stream might break up if you are trying to write to the machine hard disk at the same time - so u'd end up with a poor recording.

I've yet to find a decent Real Audio ripper. One used to work but it stopped working a lot of versions ago.

Last edited by CjC; 30 Jan 2003 at 18:46.
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 23:35   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by CjC
Hang on, wouldnt you also need a lead that goes from the "Out" on the soundcard to the "In" on the soundcard? Then you need to turn off the playback of the "in" but make sure the recording level of the "in" is set.

Only concern here is that the stream might break up if you are trying to write to the machine hard disk at the same time - so u'd end up with a poor recording.

I've yet to find a decent Real Audio ripper. One used to work but it stopped working a lot of versions ago.
I was under the impression that particular piece of software just recorded from the sound card, not the soundcard inputs (it should in theory be just like reading memory and dumping it to a file).

And as long as the machine isn't a 486 on a 56k modem I wouldn't have thought the quality would be any worse than the incoming stream to be honest.