User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Nov 2002, 16:18   #1
m.ar.d

all who say that deep space nine is boring and crap

Watch season 6 episode 19 IN THE PALE MOONLIGHT:garak is absolutely fantastic in that episode

if you still havent changed your mind, then i pity you.Its the best episode i have seen from all the star trek series.

I also recommend season 1 episode 19, season 7 episode 21 and season 3 episodes 20 to 23.
ds9 is by far the best show in the star trek genre. the other ones dont even come near its quality.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 16:35   #2
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
ds9 is the best trek ever. i'll admit it didnt have a strong start, but after the war started up in season 4 (i think) it truly rocked. The last 9 or 10 episodes was some of the best tv ever imo.

I still prefer stargate sg1 though
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 16:52   #3
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
DS9 rocked, or at least the (last season(s) I think) stuff I saw.

I hate them for winning the war and thus ending the series.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 17:18   #4
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Are there any places where I can download the series?
I mean, full seasons, good quality!
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 17:21   #5
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
Are there any places where I can download the series?
I mean, full seasons, good quality!
Yeah.. I'd appriciate that too
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 17:54   #6
sh@dow

sh@dow is an unknown quantity at this point
I dunno I always thought of ds9 being 1 of the worst actually, 2nd worst only to tos. I did like a few episodes however..1 called siege of r552 or whatever was good and was 1 I watched the other night with the section 31 guy, docter bashier on romulas though tng 0wns ds9 except all them crappy sentimental episodes focusing on troi or whatever

- Q
sh@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 18:02   #7
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
sg1 > ds9 > TNG > Films > Voyager > * > TOS
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 18:05   #8
sh@dow

yes forgot to add, sg1 is better than all

- Q
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 18:23   #9
m.ar.d

Quote:
Originally posted by sh@dow
I dunno I always thought of ds9 being 1 of the worst actually, 2nd worst only to tos. I did like a few episodes however..1 called siege of r552 or whatever was good and was 1 I watched the other night with the section 31 guy, docter bashier on romulas though tng 0wns ds9 except all them crappy sentimental episodes focusing on troi or whatever
just watch it. watch 6 19 in the pale moonlight.
you ll never see anything better.
i had lotsa friends who said they think its not as good as tng. after they saw that episode they all downloaded the entire series.
i mean how can you not like it???
its an all out war. first the romulans and cardassians attack the dominion.
then the cardassians get attacked by the klingons. then the federation helps the cardassians, and then well i dont want to ruin it for those who haven seen it.

btw you can dl it with edonkey2000 or overnet( id recomend overnet).
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 18:31   #10
m.ar.d

Quote:
Originally posted by Fluffie

Yeah.. I'd appriciate that too
www.overnet.com
after you have dl the programm and installed it, just click on this link and youll start dl the episode.

Star Trek DS9 - 6x19 - In The Pale Moonlight.avi

Last edited by m.ar.d; 1 Nov 2002 at 18:43.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 19:02   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Deep Space Nine Season 6 & 7 > Any other Star Trek.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 19:10   #12
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
DS9's best is very good, tho it's worst is also very bad

It seems to have a few very good episodes with the rest average/bad whereas the other shows as a series as a whole are on average better

SG1 >> all tho
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 19:44   #13
Dace

This thread made my eyes bleed.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 21:03   #14
Cocaine

to the Roleplaying forum the lot of you!
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 21:12   #15
Gario
Why is * censored?

Gario is infamous around these partsGario is infamous around these parts
The ending of DS9, with all the emisarry crap popping up again, was terrible. I can't even remember half of the details in it - whats-his-name got posessed by an evil prophet or something didnt he?

****ing stuipid

TNG = SG1 > * > DS9 as you put it around here.
________
___
Gario is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 21:46   #16
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
The final episode was a poor ending to an otherwise brilliant, several-seasons long. And yes, In The Pale Moonlight is the single greatest episode of any Trek series ever.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 22:39   #17
m.ar.d

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrism
The final episode was a poor ending to an otherwise brilliant, several-seasons long. And yes, In The Pale Moonlight is the single greatest episode of any Trek series ever.
well finally someone who has seen it.
I loved the garak part in that episode.it was really brilliant.also siskos quote was pretty great too
"MY FATHER USED TO SAY: THE ROAD TO HELL IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS." its a great answer to "THE CAUSE JUSTIFIES THE MEANS."

although i must say that there were 3 or 4 episodes in ds9 that came close to the pale moonlight.

i liked episode 19 of the first season very much and also 7X22 where worf challenges chancelor gowron to a fight.
but basically every episode where garak played a major role was fantastic. I think he is the best character in star trek.

and yes the ending was really poor. they really should have streched it to at least 2 more seasons.it looked like they wanted to just end the story as soon as possible.

Last edited by m.ar.d; 1 Nov 2002 at 22:45.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 23:31   #18
sh@dow

Quote:
Originally posted by Gario
The ending of DS9, with all the emisarry crap popping up again, was terrible. I can't even remember half of the details in it - whats-his-name got posessed by an evil prophet or something didnt he?

****ing stuipid

TNG = SG1 > * > DS9 as you put it around here.
agreed

- Q
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 23:40   #19
Cocaine

Quote:
Originally posted by Cocaine
to the Roleplaying forum the lot of you!
i'm serious!
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 01:42   #20
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about
Babylon 5 is far superior to both Star trek and Sg1

Sg1 had tonnes of potential and I loved the first few series, but its got a bit sub standard now - And Bab5 is far better
Haer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 02:25   #21
Miserableman
Not a Cow

Miserableman is an unknown quantity at this point
Stargate is quite the most gruesome pile of ****

I bet you all liked Sliders too
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 03:56   #22
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
ds9 is wank, all you war loving idiots can piss off and go watch full metal jacket or something.

babylon 5 is the worst sci-fi in the history of TV

.. my work here is done

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 04:50   #23
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Miserableman
Stargate is quite the most gruesome pile of ****

I bet you all liked Sliders too

only till they killed off the proffessor
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 10:37   #24
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
..and so m.ar.d explains to us all how to be video pirates.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 13:18   #25
m.ar.d

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
..and so m.ar.d explains to us all how to be video pirates.

hey dont say it so loud
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 13:38   #26
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Chrism
The final episode was a poor ending to an otherwise brilliant, several-seasons long.
What you leave behind > All other Star Trek Final Episodes.

None were so disappointing as Voyager's Endgame.
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 14:22   #27
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Most Trek is junk. Only a few good episodes in every series.
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 14:56   #28
rhkhdh

Best startrek

The best startrek was the next generation. DS9 Is nothing compaired to The Next Generation!
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 15:46   #29
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
have to admit i enjoyed the DS9 ending. It was by far the best Star Trek series, even before the Dominion war got going. From the 2nd half of season five, through to the end, it was nothing short of magnificent.

As far as favourite episodes, the prelude to the war episodes such as s3's Improbable Cause / The Die is Cast and s5's In Purgatory's Shadow / By Inferno's Light (both 2 parters) rocked. My fave of all time though happens to be s7's Field of Fire, not sure why though.

In terms of it's rating compared to other sci-fi shows, i think in many respects it's a lot better than B5, and in some ways worse. I think B5 told a more complete story, and the shadow wars were awesome, but i think in terms of production quailty, scripts, stories, direction, acting, etc, DS9 had the edge by a mile. I wouldn't even try comparing it to SG1 either. SG1 is an amzing show, but so different. I coldn't compare the two.