User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 19 Jul 2007, 10:41   #1
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts
Round 23 scangalaxies -lets make them!

Howdy

As we in Transcendancy are the nicest alliance planetarion has ever seen, we give out everything we got free of charge, and it seems to go well when we don't get closed for being nice.

There has been some discussions about scanners being support planets and whatnot. My solution with this is simple:

Lets make scan galaxies, a home for those of us who cba to play the game "properly". I take it upon myself in the true Transcendancy spirit to make galaxies who are home for scanners from all alliances and of all races.

I only got a few requests:
1) If you join one of our galaxies, you don't need roids, or not many anyways. We can get income form mining and/or alliances.
2) If you join, please join #transcendancy where we would like you to be a scanner for the public. Yes, we know most of you prefer to "spend" your resources on scans for your alliance members only, but if you could do a certain amount of free scans per day it would be nice for everyone.
3) Be polite & open, and you will get the same in return.

If there is a intrest for something like this, we could also make covert galaxies, dedicated for hitting people of all ages, races & alliances, and i would like it if i could request the same from you as from the scanners

Happy gaming !

-AllFather

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2007, 11:14   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 23 scangalaxies -lets make them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
unless serious restructuring is done to the EULA regarding the support planet rule and a review is carried out into the integrity, impartiality and competence of the Multihunter Team players would refuse to sign up a paid account for next round. Transcendancy will most definitely be playing this way and I will be actively meeting with and encouraging other alliance HC's within the intervening period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
signature:
PA banners
Transcendancy HC
Unread 19 Jul 2007, 11:14   #3
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

I said "I", and i mentioned the chan, not the alliance
|edit| Got free accounts dont they?

Last edited by Allfather; 19 Jul 2007 at 11:20.
Unread 19 Jul 2007, 11:33   #4
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Howdy

As we in Transcendancy are the nicest alliance planetarion has ever seen, we give out everything we got free of charge, and it seems to go well when we don't get closed for being nice.

There has been some discussions about scanners being support planets and whatnot. My solution with this is simple:

Lets make scan galaxies, a home for those of us who cba to play the game "properly". I take it upon myself in the true Transcendancy spirit to make galaxies who are home for scanners from all alliances and of all races.

I only got a few requests:
1) If you join one of our galaxies, you don't need roids, or not many anyways. We can get income form mining and/or alliances.
2) If you join, please join #transcendancy where we would like you to be a scanner for the public. Yes, we know most of you prefer to "spend" your resources on scans for your alliance members only, but if you could do a certain amount of free scans per day it would be nice for everyone.
3) Be polite & open, and you will get the same in return.

If there is a intrest for something like this, we could also make covert galaxies, dedicated for hitting people of all ages, races & alliances, and i would like it if i could request the same from you as from the scanners

Happy gaming !

-AllFather
For good or bad, I believe this has the look and feel of a community attempt to side step the 70 user limit set by game admins. I personally don't like the 70 player limit, but see your actions, and those of your friends as a kind of civil disobedience in PA.

This action has led to some being closed and stresses in the fabric of PA. If so many of you feel this way, maybe you should get together, and put your argument to game admins directly...

On the other hand, if someone creates a free alliance of unaligned planets, with an IRC channel, where people def and attack together in lose formation, well, is that a rule breach?
AdmV0rl0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2007, 12:15   #5
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

This would be galaxies of scan planets only.
All alliances have scan planets, but by creating galaxies for scanners "only" we may reduce some anxiety about them .
This way people "avoid" getting small scan planets in gal (not everyone likes tiny planets and they get exiled a lot) & in "return" for safe haven, they do the community a favor and scan for planets who are not in an alliance or cant get one cause of other factors.

Don't see it as a big thing, people have been making galaxies together based on alliances, friendships, battle groups and tactics for years.
This only helps the "weaker strong" planets

Last edited by Allfather; 19 Jul 2007 at 12:33.
Unread 19 Jul 2007, 13:06   #6
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What's the advantage in having a galaxy full of scanners?
Unread 19 Jul 2007, 13:23   #7
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

What is the disadvantages?

Unread 19 Jul 2007, 13:41   #8
Bedda0815
jerk

Bedda0815 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
They are easy to spot and can't expect def from galmates as these are also small scanners with few ships.

So what happens when a alliance desides to 20 wave all non allied scanners with SK?
Bedda0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2007, 13:50   #9
tabikat
Death to disco

tabikat is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm..but a gal of scan planets wouldn't be worth roiding really - would it?

I think it sounds like a good idea

edit - i just realized u said SK lol
Unread 19 Jul 2007, 13:54   #10
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

If they decide to wave with SK they need to be very ickle attackers to hit scanners.
|edit| "Easy to spot" is kind of the idea.
Everyone will be able to message galmembers to ask for scans, either on irc or ingame.

Unread 19 Jul 2007, 14:37   #11
Tomkat

Quote:
You didn't answer my question.

I'll answer yours, though.

Disadvantages:
  • Scanners aren't really part of the game. They're stuck in their own little galaxy and don't get to enjoy the war-side of the game at all.
  • Scanners can't spread the word of #transcendancy by being spread across the universe.
  • Lack of resources - in a bigger gal, gal members might donate to them.
  • Intel - Scanners being spread across the universe allows the intel database to grow.
  • Community - Scanners aren't going to be able to meet/help new players if they're all stuck in one galaxy.
Unread 19 Jul 2007, 15:56   #12
Bedda0815
jerk

Bedda0815 is on a distinguished road

This thread started to become like the other 50 flamewar threads about scanning/support planet rule.

Might it be possible to get back to the actual topic?

Quote:
If they decide to wave with SK they need to be very ickle attackers to hit scanners.
|edit| "Easy to spot" is kind of the idea.
Everyone will be able to message galmembers to ask for scans, either on irc or ingame.
If those scanners deside that they also want to have ships/roids it wouldn't be "that" hard to find attackers who could attack them.

And I don't get the advantage if they are easy to spot.

If i want a scan from them I could go to #transcendency and ask them. I don't need to know their coords to do that.

I could also just send a ingame message to the whole gal and hope that 1 of them is online and passes the scan to me. Maybe i will get replies from more than 1 of those scanners.
So we just wasted resources.

Even if I'm online but can't connect to netgamers i could send an ingame mail to a galmate (i can see who is online) and ask him/her to ask for the scan.

The only reason why i would want to know the coords of scanners is that i would know which numbers to type into pa when i want to attack/cov op them.
Bedda0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2007, 16:20   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Seeing as all this stemmed back to a misunderstanding of one of admvorlon's posts I've deleted back to there so we can all enjoy staying on topic a bit more. I considered moving this to PS but I guess it's not really a suggestion in terms of fundamental game changes so it'll stay here.
Unread 19 Jul 2007, 16:23   #14
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Seeing as all this stemmed back to a misunderstanding of one of admvorlon's posts I've deleted back to there so we can all enjoy staying on topic a bit more. I considered moving this to PS but I guess it's not really a suggestion in terms of fundamental game changes so it'll stay here.
Everyone misunderstands me at least once a day.
AdmV0rl0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2007, 16:23   #15
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Errr, as i said in my post whom got deleted...

Its a nice feature, but will not succeed due to there is always some individuals whom want to destroy nice things :/ <3 Transcendancy and the people whom lay theyre effort innit!

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2007, 11:54   #16
Baxrus
HC of StrongHold

Baxrus is an unknown quantity at this point

You make PA boring.
Unread 21 Jul 2007, 00:21   #17
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

Could we mail planets ingame to get scans, when we don't have access to irc?
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2007, 00:34   #18
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Remove alliance limits and rankings. Remove the stupid support rule. Prevent all this pointless discussion that just goes round and round and never stops.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2007, 00:40   #19
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Remove alliance limits and rankings. Remove the stupid support rule. Prevent all this pointless discussion that just goes round and round and never stops.
you think the discussion would stop because it gets removed.... aha..

lets just ban all gays from everywhere and throw out everyone who is trying to come into our country as refugees, im sure that would stop the debate around it!
Unread 21 Jul 2007, 01:16   #20
Pilatus

Lets stop all discussions. Lets all agree to disagree. Lets be friends.
Lets face it, it's time to kill the pa forum

Seriously, if some ppl disagree with the rules they should ofcause be allowed to say it. I'm for a support rule, but ffs keep gays and refugees out of it.

Last edited by Pilatus; 21 Jul 2007 at 01:33.
Unread 21 Jul 2007, 01:21   #21
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
lets just ban all gays from everywhere and throw out everyone who is trying to come into our country as refugees, im sure that would stop the debate around it!
You have my vote!
Unread 21 Jul 2007, 01:42   #22
Pilatus

Last time i'm going to stand up for minorities:crymeariver: