User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jun 2004, 18:06   #1
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
email clients

Which email client do you use? and why?

I use Outlook Express just cos i always have, and nobody likes change
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 18:08   #2
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
Re: email clients

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
Which email client do you use? and why?

I use Outlook Express just cos i always have, and nobody likes change
i havent used a client for a long time.

webmail all the way baby
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 18:11   #3
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

using outlook, but prefer express. All I want is to check muliple accounts in one click.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 18:14   #4
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I have never used a client. I check my email on public locations with at least a PGP encryption :ninja:
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 18:16   #5
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I use outlook, it lets me check my aol mail when I'm not connected to aol (ie at uni) and well it does everything I'd want from a client.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 18:20   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Currently have Outlook 2003 installed at home. Use Outlook XP at work. Outlook 2000 at Uni I think.

Have used Forté Agent mostly (when I was heavily using Usenet), M2 at times. Briefly used Eudora.

I think Agent was my overall favourite, although it didn't handle HTML mail that well which got a bit annoying at times. Mostly I find it a chore. I hate e-mailing stuff between accounts (for work / uni / home) so I'm hoping to get a GMail account or similar soon.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 18:55   #7
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I use M2...(Opera's client)
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 19:14   #8
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

I use the one in opera, it does what I want.

I declare anyone using outlook/express completely insane
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 20:07   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
I declare anyone using outlook/express completely insane
I'm forced to use it at work so it's sometimes simpler to just use it at home too.

I'm not sure how I feel about Outlook with Exchange. It has some very useful features(shared calendars at my work are invaluable - I get to check what my manager is doing all day to plan my skiving efficiently) but it also seems a little over engineered in some respects.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 20:08   #10
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Outlook 2003 at home, Outlook 2002 at work - both Exchange based mail systems so easiest to use Outlook.

Laptop has Outlook Express as it's simple.

I don't care what anyone says, Outlook Express is pre-installed and checks email. Why use anything else?
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 20:25   #11
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

www.incredimail.com simply because my outlook 2003 is fcked :/

It's not all that great, but does the job. (I use the free trial version btw :/, too lazy to pay)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 20:44   #12
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
www.incredimail.com simply because my outlook 2003 is fcked :/)
Heh, my mum uses that, which means I get e-mails from her which are full of crazy pictures/backgrounds etc!
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 21:41   #13
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

I'm surprised that the majority of users here who are Firefox'ers don't use Thunderbird as well - it rawks!
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 22:09   #14
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Uh, hotmail. :/
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 22:22   #15
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

MSOE6 at home for my POP mail, but I have Yahoo that I use for online stuff.

Nice that they upgraded to 100MB inbox now
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 22:48   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Eudora.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 01:23   #17
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: email clients

I use elm at work.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 02:56   #18
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

I use pine on good old unix system, and hotmail for personal email.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 04:00   #19
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i use teletype
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 05:01   #20
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Eudora.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 17:58   #21
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

I thought this would be a neat thread about some insane emails to some crazy clients ending up in felonies and mayhem.
=(
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 18:48   #22
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point

Novell Groupwise. Best email package both client and server side ever. No arguments.
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 20:17   #23
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

i hate groupwise. I prefer hotmail tbh.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 17:33   #24
Stew
Made of Twigs

Talking of e-mail clients - how do I use a proxy with Outlook 2002?
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 17:39   #25
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Talking of e-mail clients - how do I use a proxy with Outlook 2002?
sending naughty emails are we?
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 17:40   #26
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
sending naughty emails are we?
Nope - AOL doesnt do ICS so have to use proxy.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 17:48   #27
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

obligatory 'you use AOL, you poor bastard' post

i use hotmail btw as i really dont e mail that much

at work i am stuck with Lotus Notes, which i ****ing hate as its crap
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 17:51   #28
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
obligatory 'you use AOL, you poor bastard' post
Only whilst I'm at home, I dont pay the bills so I put up with it!