User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 May 2004, 14:14   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm rip torn

WARNING: Reasonably long post
----------------------------------------------

OK here's the situation:

I work are really easy job (PO1 ... basically i put sticky address labels on envelopes ... there's a bit more to it but not enough to bother telling you ****s about).

Now the passport agency is kinda ****ed atm*.

As such they are trying to promote PO2's (who issue the simple cases) up to PO3's (who deal with first time applications/lost passports etc).

I have been told that, even tho i have done both the PO2 and PO3 training and am one of the few people in the office with a degree i am not going to be promoted to PO3 because there is no level below me so there's nobody to cover my position.

Never mind the fact that the office has it's full complement of PO1's and because we're short of examiners and those that are there are issuing slower because of the new security systems the PO1's are doing **** all work**.

Also the office should be able to get more PO1's in on casual contracts.

Anyways i took the job because it was easy and it wouldnt stress me so basically i could get some money and be able to carry on doing what i really want to do in my spare time (which is write ... i find that if i have to work too much i cant write as much).

Now normally i wouldn't want to push for promotion (being a PO3 would probably stiffle my "creative juices" due to the semi stressed nature of the job) but in the current climate everyone else seems to be getting promoted and if i miss out on this time then i reckon it will be quite a wait if i ever get promoted (ie a year or so anyways).

Now in the short term i dont really mind being a PO1 (like i say its easy) however if my (writting amongst other) plans go to shit then i would like to at least have the option of being advanced in a "career".

OTHER INFO:

There's a shit load of over time going on atm (and is definately on till the end of July) and they're talking about giving a bonus (£75) over and above the time and a half rate on a saturday and double time rate on a sunday just for showing up. Addmitidly the bonus is only for the next 2 weekends but if they're offering it now going by past experience it will continue to be offered.

If i work all the OT i can (which is what i do anyways ... total week work time including OT is 34 hours) then with the turn up bonus (if they continue to offer it) i've calculated my Per Annum wage would be £25000 or so (which is pretty ****ing immense considering what i do ... **** all or easy work).

However if i get up to PO3 then i could look at adding another £4k or so to that.

Also with my job i get 3 months of the year off.

So it comes down to this ...

"Should i kick up a bit of a fuss with the manager level above my line manager and try and get a PO3 job or just keep schtum?"

If i get promotion i am looking at being unable to write until the end of September (at which point i will have 3 months when i can do it).

If i dont then i can carry on writting in my spare time atm (and just being a bit poorer come Septemeber).

None of the Over time and bonuses are really (long term) definate which is making my decision trickier (ie if there were no bonuses/OT then i would probably just want to stay a PO1 because then writting would be vastly more important to improving my position etc).

I'm really torn on this subject so i thought id ask for some advice.

*5 years ago alot of 5 year childrens passports were issued so they know demand is going to be high because of that. Also they are implementing 3 new systems to improve security even further (which is also slowing things down by quite alot). Also the USA is saying that you need a new UK passport to be able to get into the us without a visa (applied for via the embassy and which costs a shit load) which comes into force in October and which is going to make lots of people apply for new passports.

**I do on average 1/4 of the work per night that i did in comparison to last year.
Unread 11 May 2004, 14:15   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I'm rip torn

More = better, right? GOGOGO
Unread 11 May 2004, 14:17   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah Pab but if i need to rely on this job (ie getting promoted ... making a career out of it) for my future happiness then i will have ****ed up (even more) big time (ie id rather rely on my writing).
Unread 11 May 2004, 14:19   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Unless you really need (/would appreciate) the money, I wouldn't go for promotion.

I was in a "non-thinking / non-stressed" job, and I went for promotion, but (aside from the money) I'd prefer to be doing the old job.

Careers are shit, don't get them. You'll start half-caring about your role or something.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 14:20   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're not committing yourself to a lifetime of Passport Office labour, you're getting more money and a better position in the short-term that is more likely to get you interviewed for 'bigger and better things' in the long-term.

Which is the exact opposite of what Dante's saying. =(

Edit:
If I could fiddle an easy job for some amount of money, or a harder job for a fraction more I'd take the easy job. But if I didn't like the idea of sticking with that easy job for any length of time I'd do as much as possible to open avenues to other jobs while I was there.
And doing the minimum work possible.
Unread 11 May 2004, 14:24   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Unless you really need (/would appreciate) the money, I wouldn't go for promotion.

I was in a "non-thinking / non-stressed" job, and I went for promotion, but (aside from the money) I'd prefer to be doing the old job.

Careers are shit, don't get them. You'll start half-caring about your role or something.

See this is what i automatically feel but then i start thinking and i think:

"Telling a girl that i put sticky address labels on envelopes as a job isn't likely to impress her whereas issuing passports for a living i can at least lie a bit and say i deal with all the fake ones which is almost spy/criminal like territory and as such is a bit interesting and maybe it'll help me get laid."

which just adds to my confusion ('cause i cant tell a girl i write).
Unread 11 May 2004, 14:25   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
"Telling a girl that i put sticky address labels on envelopes as a job isn't likely to impress her whereas issuing passports for a living i can at least lie a bit and say i deal with all the fake ones which is almost spy/criminal like territory and as such is a bit interesting and maybe it'll help me get laid."
Why wouldn't you just lie in the first place?
Unread 11 May 2004, 14:27   #8
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
You're not committing yourself to a lifetime of Passport Office labour, you're getting more money and a better position in the short-term that is more likely to get you interviewed for 'bigger and better things' in the long-term.

Ahh but once i take the first step along the career path it's a slippery slope the rest of the way (ie i might end up spending less and less time doing what i actually want ... writing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Edit:
If I could fiddle an easy job for some amount of money, or a harder job for a fraction more I'd take the easy job. But if I didn't like the idea of sticking with that easy job for any length of time I'd do as much as possible to open avenues to other jobs while I was there.
And doing the minimum work possible.

As a PO1 i work for about one / one and a half hours a night.

As a PO3 i would work for 3 1/2 hours a night (every night).

And as a PO3 id have to concentrate all that time (id also have to deal with the public who are by and large stupid ****s ... well the ones who cant complete a simple form anyway ... and those are the ones id have to contact).
Unread 11 May 2004, 14:30   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Why wouldn't you just lie in the first place?

Because i think 7 steps into the future and imagine what i'd have to tell the girl (ie the truth) if she ever became my girlfriend and what that would do to the relationship (ie saying i do "cool" examining stuff is only a small step, a very pale white lie. Saying i am an examiner when im only a PO1 is a big black lie which would make me look like a twat).
Unread 11 May 2004, 14:33   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Because i think 7 steps into the future and imagine what i'd have to tell the girl (ie the truth) if she ever became my girlfriend and what that would do to the relationship (ie saying i do "cool" examining stuff is only a small step, a very pale white lie. Saying i am an examiner when im only a PO1 is a big black lie which would make me look like a twat).
You're underestimating the power of lying.
Unread 11 May 2004, 14:37   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Do you lie about your job (to get women) Dante?
Unread 11 May 2004, 14:39   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Nope. "I work in housing" is boring enough to soften them up for a good grope.

No-one has asked the specifics. Obviously there's "funny stories", but that doesn't matter what I'm doing.
Unread 11 May 2004, 14:44   #13
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Nope. "I work in housing" is boring enough to soften them up for a good grope.

No-one has asked the specifics. Obviously there's "funny stories", but that doesn't matter what I'm doing.

OK i suppose i could go with vagueness :up:
Unread 11 May 2004, 14:44   #14
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

To be honest, I'd stick where you are.

I deal with the public on a day to day basis, and its one of the most draining things I've ever done. I dont have any stress, but when I get back from work, all I really want to do is sleep.
Unread 11 May 2004, 14:47   #15
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Also Dace when you say writing, what are you writing?

Working on a few novels*.

Style wise ... although that's tricky i suppose it would probably be best described as a cross between Bret Easton Ellis (ie attention to detail) and Chuck Palahniuk (crazy premises which tie in together to make a good read)

Basically just generally ****ed up stories.

*ive found its best (for me) to work on several stories at once that way if i get "writers block" on any one particular story i can still carry on writing one of the other ones.
Unread 11 May 2004, 15:10   #16
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Erm as a fan of Chuck Palahniuk I thought he goes into insane amounts of detail in his stories, how dare you drag in other authors to claim the 'atd' part of your writing. Bastard.

Anyway, y'know if you make some noise about the promotion it wouldnt mean you'd get it but at least they'd assume you were interested in em and looking career wise to be with em.
Should make you seem more viabable an employee. Also for the sake of a future career a promotion would look well on a CV is you dont stay with the PO and if you do then your on the ladder at least.

Writing is tough to make a living from as Im sure your aware. Clearly even with the promotion your doing less work than most for more money.
Unread 11 May 2004, 15:10   #17
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Rip Torn is the best stage name ever
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 15:21   #18
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Erm as a fan of Chuck Palahniuk I thought he goes into insane amounts of detail in his stories, how dare you drag in other authors to claim the 'atd' part of your writing. Bastard.

B.E.E includes the most detail of any other ive ever read :shrug: :)

Quote:
Anyway, y'know if you make some noise about the promotion it wouldnt mean you'd get it but at least they'd assume you were interested in em and looking career wise to be with em.
Should make you seem more viabable an employee. Also for the sake of a future career a promotion would look well on a CV is you dont stay with the PO and if you do then your on the ladder at least.

I have a permanent contract.

I'm there until i die if i want.

Which if im there for longer than 10 years i probably will.

Quote:
Writing is tough to make a living from as Im sure your aware.

I know writing is a tough way to make a living thats why i still work :)
Unread 11 May 2004, 16:48   #19
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point

Rip Torn
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 22:28   #20
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
Dace, if I need to get an UK passport or whatever are you the person I should contact then?

I'll certainly be able to give you advice.

Hypothetically speaking if you posted your application to Glasgow and you were in a big rush "somebody" might be able to push your application throught the process more quickly (this would be highly against "The Rules" tho :shrug:).

This somebody couldn't actually change whether or not you get a passport ... just the timescale.
Unread 11 May 2004, 22:35   #21
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

I'm not an expert, but "there's no one below you to fill your job" doesn't sound to me like a particularly legal reason to deny someone promotion.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 22:37   #22
Dace
so f*cking zen

It's the civil service Proteus.

It very rarely makes sense.

Once you've worked there for a while you kinda just accept it.
Unread 11 May 2004, 22:41   #23
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
It's the civil service Proteus.

It very rarely makes sense.

Once you've worked there for a while you kinda just accept it.
I assume the Civil Service still has to obey employment legislation.

Let them refuse you the promotion and sue them in an industrial tribunal.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 22:48   #24
Dace
so f*cking zen

They've not advertised the position(s).

They're just bumping people up from PO2 level.

I'm not entirely sure that i would be on legally sound ground if i challenged them.
Unread 11 May 2004, 23:51   #25
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

How long on "average" does it take to be issued with a UK passport. Specifically, if I post my application on wednesday, with all the proper details and required payment, at this time of the year, how long would I be looking at waiting for it?

Oh, and I used to stick labels on envelopes for a living, amongst other things. I quit my job and went to Uni. Go figure.
Unread 11 May 2004, 23:54   #26
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: I'm rip torn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
Oh, and I used to stick labels on envelopes for a living, amongst other things.
Where the **** do you live? The Sudan?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 23:56   #27
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Where the **** do you live? The Sudan?
No, Fleetwood.
Unread 12 May 2004, 00:01   #28
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: I'm rip torn

Quote:
No, Fleetwood.
I was close enough.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 00:07   #29
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
How long on "average" does it take to be issued with a UK passport. Specifically, if I post my application on wednesday, with all the proper details and required payment, at this time of the year, how long would I be looking at waiting for it?

They aim for a 10 day turnaround (ie 10 days after the receive it the application should have been issued ... however you add another "up to" 7days onto this for you to receive the passport after its been printed ... so 17 days).

That is only valid for applications that are properly filled out tho.

Also if you've lost you're passport it hold things up too.

Also don't fill in the "optional" seperate application thing (the bit that says that it might hold up your app if you dont fill it in but you dont need to) 'cause it does in fact hold it up.

If it goes over 10 days (and the app is in perfect order) then you should get a gratis upgrade if you are in a hurry.

[/hope ive been of help]
Unread 12 May 2004, 01:52   #30
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

You must have a seriously draining lifestyle if 25 grand for sticking things on envelopes just doesnt cut it any more.

<Dace> Hi, I'm a PO3 which is much more important and than those label sticking ****ers
<Woman> touch me
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 02:52   #31
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

£25,000pa to do an easy job, with good hours, giving you 3 months a year off.

Surely the government could pay people a lot less to do this job?
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 10:27   #32
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When you say 'Write'
you mean 'Spam'?

am i rite?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 13:24   #33
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeach
£25,000pa to do an easy job, with good hours, giving you 3 months a year off.

Surely the government could pay people a lot less to do this job?

Its not £25k a year its £25k pa ie £450 a week (and that's only "definite" for the next 2 weeks)*.

I suppose the government could pay people less but its a supply and demand thing.

They've ****ed up and need us in more so we get OT rates :shrug:

*basically we get a nice high wage for a small part of the year (ie some weeks of OT). The 3 months im off i dont get paid for at all ... hence why i want to do as much OT as possible at the mo so i can save up so money for then.

Last edited by Dace; 12 May 2004 at 13:30.
Dace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 13:26   #34
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
When you say 'Write'
you mean 'Spam'?

am i rite?

WRONG!
Unread 13 May 2004, 03:30   #35
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

Ah I see. Makes more sense then, so the anual earnings will be more close to what I will be earning at the Home Office... I was getting quite jealous for a moment, although the 3 months off is quite ace!
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 08:50   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Its not £25k a year its £25k pa
So it's not £25k a year, it's £25k a year?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 08:55   #37
Dante Hicks
Clerk

He probably meant pro rata.
Unread 13 May 2004, 22:42   #38
Dace
so f*cking zen

Yeah pro rata is what i meant (sorry for being stupid).
Unread 14 May 2004, 12:24   #39
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd go for the overtime, get lots of dosh, then spend those 3 months from September on holiday, working on your writing. September's only 4 months off anyway. How much writing are you expecting to get done while doing it alongside your job?
Unread 14 May 2004, 23:35   #40
Dace
so f*cking zen

"A page a day"
Unread 15 May 2004, 03:41   #41
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There were loads of underage girls at the club I was working tonight.

It was so good... Dace, you should come. Underage girls are so hot
Unread 15 May 2004, 16:57   #42
Dace
so f*cking zen

I'll look into it Tom.

I have to see rr about one of his exes.

If i can fit you in on a trip to England i shall :coy:
Unread 15 May 2004, 17:59   #43
Tomkat

A trip to England? I thought you lived here.
Unread 15 May 2004, 18:01   #44
Dace
so f*cking zen

Glasgow in Scotchland*.

*i thought everybody knew that