User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Mar 2004, 17:30   #51
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Games we own, but don't give enough love to

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
you're ****ing joking i hope?

what level setting are you playing it on?
I've only played the demo, but I've heard numerous independent disinterested reports of the AI being intermittent in the full game as well (the 'Sniping you from a mile away in the dark while you're in the undergrowth' kind of problem). The lack of a quicksave only emphasises this problem.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 17:45   #52
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Diablo isn't the best comparison to make if you're trying to say it's good.
absolutley true. diablo and diablo 2 is in my eyes the top of the mmmporg world. like those 2 games Sacred delevopes exactly the same flow in searching new weapons items and so on. there are a lot of bad and boring diablo clones outhere, but Sacred is extremley addicitve.

with a fast connection (227 mb), you definatley should give it a try

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 17:47   #53
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
absolutley true. diablo and diablo 2 is in my eyes the top of the mmmporg world. [/url]

did you ever play a mmorpg?
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 17:48   #54
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

as i said before, i dont know what mmorpg is. MrL didnt mention in his post, that diablo is or is not mmorpg. so i assumed it is.

Unread 25 Mar 2004, 17:50   #55
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 17:52   #56
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

i dont know what mmporg is, but i count diablo in this genre (or whatever it is). you can correct me if i am wrong.

Unread 25 Mar 2004, 17:57   #57
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin

i dont know what mmporg is, but i count diablo in this genre (or whatever it is). you can correct me if i am wrong.
Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

D2 isn't Massively Multiplayer, it's server based.
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 17:58   #58
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
they must have fixed it then cos i hide from snipers and helicopters in the undergrowth all the time
I didn't say it was constant, and neither did they.

'Intermittent'
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 18:01   #59
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
Wing Commander 1, 2, 3, 4

5 was ok, but after Chris Roberts left it turned to shit.
YES! awesomeness abounds!
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 21:53   #60
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Games we own, but don't give enough love to

* SimTower: Was there actually a thing to "complete"? I know there were certain kinds of special lobbies etc? Anyone done that game? I remember it ran incredibly fast on my old Pentium 133...

* ThemePark SNES: WOW!!! What an experience. I knew it from PC (incredible nice intro for a 486DX33 Mhz machine), but on SNES it was somehow a bit more fun. You used to get quite long passwords instead of savegames. I then read about 2 cheats, giving you both quite a lot of money (i.e. "fake" passwords). I then looked at the system a bit, and "invented" passwords with more moneys and lots of stages completed!
It was basically just a world map with different parks to set up, and in the end it got boring to play all over again every time.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a password for the final level. It was so idiotic... We could have just played the last 3 stages, with all our money. But we didn't (was our game anyway). So never completed that :-/

* SimCity SNES: Alltime favorite. Really. The presents & super skycrapers were a somewhat nice game, and made it a lot more enjoyable then the ugly PC version. We used to do the money-cheat and always build a train track all around the map before we started... Lol.

However, you COULD "complete" this game by reaching a population of 500,000 (mega metropolis). There was a picture of such a city in the manual, and we tried to find that map and copy the city! Lol ^^
However, we then completed all scenarios, and as a bonus, we got "Free Land" or "Free City", a map with no water at all.

We tried EVERYTHING to get that friggin 500k people!!! But without presents and water, ground values were very low. In fact, from a population of 470k, there was just stagnation :-/
The SNES was kept running for days (almost). Nothing.
Never saw the "Congratulations" or whatever, never heard the own new music for MegaMetropolis. What a failure :-(

* Master of Orion II: There was a free version of it in a game magazine I always bought. What a month that was.... I still get reminded of the (psychadelic) background music sometimes. The space-view and overview screen was really nice indeed. I always had a plan develop a similar game, with more trade and less complicated war in it. It would STILL be a dream btw! Anyone up for it?

Hours were wasted (well, not wasted, ENJOYED) playing this game hotseat, or even over LAN. (Later internet, using IPX-Tunnel over TCP/IP ^^ -- didn't support internet at that time).

Lithovors & Resistant (i.e. Siliciods, but different disadvantages) ROCK. Or hmm, creative is always nice! Klackons weren't too bad as well...

* StarCraft: First played it using a 14.4kbps modem. Those were the days. I always thought BroodWar was too difficult for me. Too many tacticts, I was too defensive, lost all the time (talking about battle.net of course). But nowadays, StarCraft original is pretty balanced from version 1.07++.
Lol, once, when a new ladder session started, we let each other win in ladder games, to get some points, to get a "world-ladder-top1000"-symbol at least once! Unfortunately, it only lasted for one day or so, until other people got their points.

The ladder-score-system is nice btw (from ELO rating in chess), very very fair IMO!

I still like the occasional funmap. But people are too professional now. The smallest mistake, and you've lost.
Fighting newbies vs. newbies, that was much better. Having their own new (sometimes ridiculous) ideas ;-).

Do you remember the save game named "Saving Virus to drive C:" trick? Got me first time, I turned off my comp at once ^^

But I think this was slightly offtopic, as THOSE where the games I actually PLAYED.
Ok, never went beyond StarCrafts Terran Campaign though. Also I was always taught, StarCraft-Missions were some of the best ever!

Last edited by JetLinus; 25 Mar 2004 at 22:00.
JetLinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 21:57   #61
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Etherlords
Lords of Magic
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 21:59   #62
JetLinus

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of

Quote:
D2 isn't Massively Multiplayer, it's server based.
PA was server based as well... Actually all MMPOG are server based. Or where would you login and play? Peer2Peer? I think not!

You mean like "thats not heavy, it's green?" ^^
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 23:24   #63
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ive played loads of games far too much (to copy jetlinus' post)

mostly with my brother at first, mortal kombat 2 was played absolutely to death until we had a big fight over it and were banned (i kept saying he was shit and he flipped). Colonization after that, never got particularly brilliant at it, but loved playing it completing it again and again and generally screwing over the natives endlessly. Then i was into FPS' for a while, but rarely over the net.

alpha centauri was next. Absolutely wonderful wonderful game. Played that with my brother to death as well. We had the tech tree on the wall above the computer and spent hours every day playing it. I personally liked playing morgan the most and screwing over the planet. But im fairly sure yang is the best, ive got the highest scores with him. Industry and growth are such a fantastic mix.

then i got far far too into fighting games. Tekken at first, then street fighter as well with enough soulcalibur and virtua fighter thrown in to still have some skills. Truth be told though, ive spent absurd amounts of money in arcades playing fighting games, and am far too good with not a lot to show for it. Its a shame really
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 23:33   #64
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
did you ever play a mmorpg?
Seconded.

MMORPG means a constant on-line game world where events are happening all the time and we are all playing on the same maps.

D and D2 were 8 player rpg's on randomly created maps that shared nothing whatsoever in common with other d2 games people were playing on-line with regards to maps and people in it.

D2 was an action-rpg with a multiplayer option to it. Get it right

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 23:34   #65
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
ive played loads of games far too much (to copy jetlinus' post)

alpha centauri was next. Absolutely wonderful wonderful game. Played that with my brother to death as well. We had the tech tree on the wall above the computer and spent hours every day playing it. I personally liked playing morgan the most and screwing over the planet. But im fairly sure yang is the best, ive got the highest scores with him. Industry and growth are such a fantastic mix.
Lies we all knew it was piss easy with the gaian's...... the other races were interesting and fun but you could get like a 3-4 mile headstart with the gaian's.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 25 Mar 2004, 23:40   #66
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

pffffff they had nothing on yang. Though it did seem fairly even about who won out of the computer players if you ever didnt.

also, yang could **** up his ideologies to no end to get population boom really near the start because of the lack of penalties he got due to his special rules.

you ended up having loads of people in your colonies, and building all your units really fast. You could get tech off other people and then as soon as you had hegemony over a massive area you would be getting it faster anyway. Thats how to get a headstart with yang anyway. How did you do it with deidre?
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 02:32   #67
JetLinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
How did you do it with deidre?
Psycho Worms Takeover?
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 04:04   #68
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Thief 2 : got to last level, almost completed it, computer fried itself and the game is totally screwed on my new computer.

Medieval Total War : I've never managed to get 100% of europe, only ever got the 2/3rds win.

Deus Ex : Well, I have finsihed this one actually, all three ways, trying it without killing anyone at the moment

Black and White : got pissed off with the monkey and started lightning bolting him mid way through level 3 (ish) never went back to it.

The Legend of Zelda : Back on the original NES, I think that grey plastic suitcase is still in the attic somewhere...

Arkanoid : On the Amstrad, with the wonderful 3" disks you can only read one side at a time. Never could get past level 5 I think it was.

Head over Heels : From the same system; was actually kept on the other side of the Arkanoid disk. Addictive, yet so totally impossible.

Elite : I never actually got higher than competant on this one, but then I sold all my weapons before the first mission to get extra cash and never bought any more. Kills purely from kamakaze style attacking.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 08:30   #69
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

I had head over heels on the speccy. It was a huge game, I think we only ever got off the first planet once or something. Given there wes then another 6 planets or something to go and complete, and it must have taken us a few hours to get as far as we did, I'd be impressed to find someone who did complete it.

It was a great game though.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 09:25   #70
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
just because you were picky (intermitant lol) i will be too

D2 isn't massively multiplayer because it only supports 6 players or what have you (i.e. much less than several thousand), not because of the server architecture
I really should have added the word 'small' before server.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 09:26   #71
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
Lies we all knew it was piss easy with the gaian's...... the other races were interesting and fun but you could get like a 3-4 mile headstart with the gaian's.
By far the best were the Pirates, but that's Alien Crossfire so probably doesn't count.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 09:36   #72
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
0-8 Harmless
9-16 Mostly harmless
17-32 Poor
33-64 Average
65-128 Above average
129-767 Competent
768-2815 Dangerous
2816-6655 Deadly
6656+ ELITE

You're rubbish.
As someone who played the game a hell of a lot, I find those figures to believe (and yes, I've seen them before). I'm not sure what the game counts as a "kill".

I remember being at "Competent" for literally months of play (at least 25-50 kills a day, playing every day). I sincerley believed it was a bug, until I finally hit Dangerous. I'd estimate I had at least two or three thousand before I hit Dangerous. The military missions are similar, but no so bad (I used to keep a written log of every mission I did on that though).

Bah. Elite 4 has been in developed for years. Hell, I briefly contributed to a fan-based effort "TEP" (The Elite Project") which went for a year or so before giving up.

A new Pirates should be cool though. There are loads of those games though aren't there?

Did anyone play "Uncharted Waters" on the SNES?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 09:38   #73
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
As someone who played the game a hell of a lot, I find those figures to believe (and yes, I've seen them before). I'm not sure what the game counts as a "kill".

I remember being at "Competent" for literally months of play (at least 25-50 kills a day, playing every day). I sincerley believed it was a bug, until I finally hit Dangerous. I'd estimate I had at least two or three thousand before I hit Dangerous. The military missions are similar, but no so bad (I used to keep a written log of every mission I did on that though).
Like I said above, you're talking about some kind of CRAZEEEE elite.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 09:40   #74
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Like I said above, you're talking about some kind of CRAZEEEE elite.
Well, I'm talking about Frontier which for me is far superior to Elite.

ArcElite obviously had a slightly different scoring system didn't it?
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 15:09   #75
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
By far the best were the Pirates, but that's Alien Crossfire so probably doesn't count.
i prefer the original. yeah.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 23:44   #76
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough

After owning FF8for 2 years, I fnally completed it last night
(After actually getting to Ultimecia, dieing about threetimesonher firstform, then locking it away in a drawer for 18 months)

Last edited by Evil Skragg; 26 Mar 2004 at 23:48. Reason: Im pissed, 21 today,and i fuking feel like it
Evil Skragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 00:22   #77
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Rise of Nations.

I've been playing it practically on a daily basis since it came out, but you just can't love it enough!
I only got my hands on it three days ago. It's great, but I'm already finding it repetitive.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 00:32   #78
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I spent £30 getting Warcraft III and WCIII : Frozen Throne.

They sit in my cupboard , unopened and unused to this day.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 00:35   #79
Evergreen
the merciless

Send me Frozen throne pls ta. I'll pm you my address :P

Unread 27 Mar 2004, 00:54   #80
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
I spent £30 getting Warcraft III and WCIII : Frozen Throne.

They sit in my cupboard , unopened and unused to this day.
You are a fool sir, a GREAT BIG (short) FOOL
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 01:11   #81
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You are a fool sir, a GREAT BIG (short) FOOL
If anyone wants to give me the £30 i spent on them, they can have them.
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 01:18   #82
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
If anyone wants to give me the £30 i spent on them, they can have them.
Why not just play them?
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 01:30   #83
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Why not just play them?
I shall explain this in another thread.
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 01:38   #84
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I noticed some Head over Heels fans....

there is a rather brilliant faithful remake available at http://retrospec.sgn.net/games/hoh/

I played it to completion last year (with a cheat of course), mapped it etc.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 01:02   #85
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Pirates
Utopia (rocking game on Amiga)
Settlers I
Civ I
Panzer General I&2
Sensible Soccer (Amiga)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 09:16   #86
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Dark Reign - Was one of those ground breaking strategy type games released in the wake of C&C, what's more it was home grown in Australia. Unfortunately the game was so complex it was maybe too difficult to play.

HHGTTG (C64) - Based on the book series how could you not love it, never quite finished it though as sometimes finding the correct syntax to do actions in these early text-adventures was damned near impossible.

Quake - Not so much the original game itself as Quake TF. I consider it still to be the premiere clan vs clan warefare game, so much so I'd even go as far as to class it as a legitimate sport. If it were not for a bunch of dirty cheators taking advantage of the fact ID released the Quake source code it would still be top dog and by far more popular than CS, and UT even today.

Sonic The Hedgehog - Move aside all gay plumbers cause the hedgehog is here. Never ending hours of fun on this one. Stopped playing only cause my Game Gear broke, though I've recently repaired it so I may arc it up again.

Populous - Ah yes, I quite forgot about this one too. Kinda like civilisation only you get to have followers to command or destroy at your will, Armageddon mode just rocks. Nothing more satisfying than summoning up a few natural disasters to squash your enemy with.
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 10:51   #87
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

The problem with Dark Reign was that TA and Starcraft were released within a week and a couple of months respectively. Having 2 of the best strategy games of all time come out so close isn't such a good thing for your sales.
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 17:22   #88
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

You kidding me? TA & Starcraft did not come out at least a year or more after Dark Reign, unless you're mistakingly thinking of DR2.

There is also the possibility that the release was delayed for overseas players and so you did not have the game available till much later than we did.
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 17:52   #89
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
You kidding me? TA & Starcraft did not come out at least a year or more after Dark Reign, unless you're mistakingly thinking of DR2.

There is also the possibility that the release was delayed for overseas players and so you did not have the game available till much later than we did.
According to the internet, Dark Reign was released in.... september 97.

According to the internet, Total Annihilation was released in... september 97.

According to the internet, Starcraft was released in... april 98.

Admittedly my 'couple of months' was a couple of months out for Starcraft, but TA and DR DID come out at the same time.

And how could I be thinking of DR2, when it came out in June 2000, nearly three years after TA?
Unread 2 Apr 2004, 01:51   #90
JetLinus

Starcraft doesn't have any copy protection whatsoever (apart from strangely working cd-keys that sometimes work for several players simulatneously being on the battle.net).

Which was the real problem.
Unread 2 Apr 2004, 09:24   #91
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
Starcraft doesn't have any copy protection whatsoever (apart from strangely working cd-keys that sometimes work for several players simulatneously being on the battle.net).
Are you sure about this? I seem to remember one of the updates making my copy of the game not work.

The warezed (Razor 1911 I think) version continued to work however.
Unread 2 Apr 2004, 10:38   #92
JetLinus

The StarCraft-CD was a plain normal Data-CD with less then 650MB, i.e. "copyable" by the first generation of cd-writers.
I got my CD-Key only from a mate and I gave it to other people that I played with. Overall we had 2 cd keys and were playing 3 on 3 on the battle.net, that DEFENITELY worked more than one time. No spawn-versions etc, no lan or whatever, all over internet. That was about version 1.05ish...
Unread 2 Apr 2004, 10:39   #93
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
The StarCraft-CD was a plain normal Data-CD with less then 650MB, i.e. "copyable" by the first generation of cd-writers.
I got my CD-Key only from a mate and I gave it to other people that I played with. Overall we had 2 cd keys and were playing 3 on 3 on the battle.net, that DEFENITELY worked more than one time. No spawn-versions etc, no lan or whatever, all over internet. That was about version 1.05ish...
I've had enough problems with CD Keys to say that it's a fluke on your part.