User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Nov 2003, 20:52   #51
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Favorite UK Broadsheet newspaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
If you are being truthful here, then you have clearly never read a broadhseet newspaper.

I prefer to think that you're being disengenuous, because you're not actually this stupid.
I read many, they are full of analysis. I'm not being disingenuous, different opinon isn't a cause for a suggestion of stupidity.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 20:56   #52
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

newspapers have analysis, the economist is a newspaper

or

newspapers have pictures, childrens books are newspapers

¬_¬

feel the contempt of the smiley
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 21:08   #53
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Favorite UK Broadsheet newspaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by inf
different opinon isn't a cause for a suggestion of stupidity.
Being grossly factually incorrect and pointlessly obtuse is.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 21:27   #54
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I buy the times because for some ****ing reason it's the cheapest newspaper out there and I'm a penniless student with no job.
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 23:12   #55
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by inf
different opinon isn't a cause for a suggestion of stupidity.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 23:23   #56
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point

Guardian for preference - i used to like the independent but it has gone downhill. i'm happy reading any broadsheet so long as i have access to some other source with a different bias (i know of none without bias, and anyway how would one check?).

private eye usually carries some interesting tidbits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I buy the times because for some ****ing reason it's the cheapest newspaper out there and I'm a penniless student with no job.
students can get the guardian for 20p to the best of my knowledge. you might need to get some vouchers or something.

economist wouldn't normally be regarded as a 'paper as reporting the news is not its focus.

technically tho , it seems the economist isn't a newspaper, not because of its content but...

Quote:
From the OED
1. A printed publication, now usually issued daily or weekly, consisting of folded unstapled sheets and containing news, freq. with the addition of advertisements, photographs, articles, and correspondence; the organization or office issuing such a publication.
G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 23:24   #57
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_frog
students can get the guardian for 20p to the best of my knowledge. you might need to get some vouchers or something.

Probably not in ireland though.
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 23:31   #58
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point

can't you get one of your marxist professors to give you a copy or something?
G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 23:45   #59
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

The Daily Mail

No not really, that's a tabloid that likes to think it's a broadsheet. I read The Times and The Daily Telegraph. I stay well away from The Guardian.
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 23:55   #60
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The Daily Mail is a tabloid that likes to think it's a broadsheet but is actually more like the Sun.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 00:19   #61
inf
Banned

Quote:
Being grossly factually incorrect and pointlessly obtuse is.
facts please!
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 00:33   #62
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Favorite UK Broadsheet newspaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by inf
facts please!
I already said; read a broadsheet newspaper and talk sense.

Nobody apart from you seems to be insisting that broadsheets are, in the most part, full of, on teh whole, analysis rather than news.
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 00:42   #63
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomers III
I read The Times and The Daily Telegraph. I stay well away from The Guardian.
Any reason for staying 'well away from the Guardian'?
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 00:44   #64
inf
Banned

Quote:
I already said; read a broadsheet newspaper and talk sense.

Nobody apart from you seems to be insisting that broadsheets are, in the most part, full of, on teh whole, analysis rather than news.
I'm talking sense, I have read the FT and The Times today - they both seem to analyse current affairs. Typically there is a brief introduction of the story in question followed by commentary and analysis.

Apart from analysis of recent events, there is very little content. If I wanted no analysis, I would glance at the 0830 GICS report.
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 00:45   #65
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Any reason for staying 'well away from the Guardian'?
He reads The Telegraph for god's sake. Who know what goes through the minds of these people.
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 00:46   #66
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd go back and find my 'Tories tories tories tories mushroom mushroom' comment and quote it but since i've already just sung (read: written) half of it I'll pass.
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 13:14   #67
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Times = Murdoch
*Shudder*
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 15:06   #68
Mighty Max

Broadsheets are boring mmmkay.
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 15:09   #69
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Times = Murdoch
*Shudder*
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 15:10   #70
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Max
Broadsheets are boring mmmkay.
Out of my sight.
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 16:28   #71
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_frog
can't you get one of your marxist professors to give you a copy or something?

Yeah cos it's real likely they can afford it
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 16:29   #72
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Yeah cos it's real likely they can afford it
They can seize them in the name of the proletariat.
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 16:32   #73
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Or go to the library.

Libraries are for repressed socialists and homosexuals. I go to a punching room when I want to be intellectually stimulated.
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 16:33   #74
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Or go to the library.
We'll ask everyone 'Are you in favour of seizing the library?', and if anyone says 'No.', then we'll take those fellows and stand them against the wall.
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 16:38   #75
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

The Times

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 16:38   #76
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

We need the comedy arguing on the internet picture. But change the words "on the internet" to "over newspapers".
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 16:40   #77
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Fixed.
You should see my massive sword of capitalist imperialism oppressing him :(
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 18:46   #78
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point

The Telegraph is the best quality. Times coming second.
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 18:53   #79
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyr0 MK III
The Telegraph is the best quality. Times coming second.
Nonsense!

The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country;
The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country;
The Times is read by people who actually do run the country;
The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country;
The Financial Times is read by people who own the country;
The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country;
And the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 18:56   #80
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country;
The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country;
The Times is read by people who actually do run the country;
The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country;
The Financial Times is read by people who own the country;
The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country;
And the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.
And The Sun is read by people who like tits and bingo.
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 19:00   #81
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
That's the Star
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 19:00   #82
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
What about the people who read the Sun?

Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 19:15   #83
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyr0 MK III
That's the Star
The Star is read by builders on their lunch breaks who want a wank but are too ashamed to buy Just 18.
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 19:20   #84
inf
Banned

Quote:
You have it the wrong way round. Apart from the football results much of what's in the newspapers was in the Evening Standard the day before. Regardless, if you were to read for instance the afternoon press breifing note by the Prime Minister's Offical Spokesman and compare the bylines with the Standard you would find them to be highly similar. Or the headlines of the 6 O'clock and 10 O'clock news for that matter.
Sometimes the final edition gets some exciting bits, but it's not worth reading it everyday.