User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Aug 2003, 18:21   #1
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Darwin Was Wrong

So my girlfriend got a phone call from a friend the other day. Her apartment complex was in the news; a fire had taken out a couple of buildings to the tune of maybe 20 apartments. The friend wanted to know if A) she was okay (she was) and B) if her aprtment was okay (it was). In her apartment complex there are maybe 20 or 30 buildings, each with maybe 10 apartments. The 2-3 buildings that got destroyed were across the street and up a wee bit. Lot of homeless; no one dead.

Which isn't really post-worthy.

What I find to be worthwhile is how the fire started. Someone saw some bees flying in and out of a crack in the roof of one of the buildings, and decided there was a beehive that needed dealing with. Obvious solution: hairspray and a lighter.

He's not dead. His fiance didn't even dump him. Darwin was wrong.

The end.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 20:25   #2
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
lowbrow
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 20:31   #3
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
the solution pointed out is ok and reasonable (well, not really but its fun as hell and id prolly do that)
so there must have been a mistake during the execution of the plot =(

well
why did he want to kill the bees? they make sweet honey =)
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 20:49   #4
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
the solution pointed out is ok and reasonable (well, not really but its fun as hell and id prolly do that)
spraying a flammable material into a hole in a wooden roof and then lighting it to kill bees seems to me to bee more than one step beelow "the ok and reasonable solution"
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 20:52   #5
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
'Rehersal'?
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 21:22   #6
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Did Darwin say "No-one in acro's gf's friend's apartment complex will cause a large fire with an aerosol and lighter in 2003." ?
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 21:24   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Did Darwin say "No-one in acro's gf's friend's apartment complex will cause a large fire with an aerosol and lighter in 2003." ?
Yep.

Those wacky biologists.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 21:26   #8
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
spraying a flammable material into a hole in a wooden roof and then lighting it to kill bees seems to me to bee more than one step beelow "the ok and reasonable solution"
well
wooden roof?
wasnt it a building with 30 apartments?
made out of wood? you poor brits

anyways, yeah hes pretty stupid
i bet i could do the same without seting the apartment on fire
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 21:29   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
well
wooden roof?
made out of wood? you poor brits
It could have been made of other materials than wood.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 21:32   #10
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
yes.

(ask me about my roomy's trip to the strip club on centre that clearly disproved all that "incompleteness" nonsense)
Quote:
well
wooden roof?
made out of wood?
3 buildings got burned, each with 10 apartments (4 on second floor, 4 on first floor, 2 basement). Not high-rise apartments. And yes, wooden roofs (rooves? it's a ****e word either way).
Quote:
you poor brits
not british.
Quote:
anyways, yeah hes pretty stupid
i bet i could do the same without seting the apartment on fire
it's cheating if you don't try it on a wooden building.

i'm sure you can find some somewhere around.

Last edited by acropolis; 18 Aug 2003 at 21:39.
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 22:01   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Going for the Inferno of Death on a beehive isn't all that bad of a solution. Doing it in a small, dry, wooden environment is.
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 23:16   #12
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It was in the notoriously bad later editions of The Origin.
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 03:18   #13
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd have used petrol.
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 03:46   #14
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zapman
I'd have used petrol.
I prefer a shop vac hose right under the entrance. Of course i'm no fun.
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 04:03   #15
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cnaw
I prefer a shop vac hose right under the entrance. Of course i'm no fun.
You could put it in reverse. And run.
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 12:07   #16
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
i am hoping that a virus that kills stupid people will evolve*

m

(*or be created by my mad scientist/world dictator/evil genius offspring)
madi is offline   Reply With Quote