User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 04:49   #1
Thedoctor
Back Again

Thedoctor is on a distinguished road
Breaking News

as reported by US military..

The surgical strike MAY have hit either Saddam Hussein or his sons who have very high positions in the Iraq government.

This is unconfirmed but is being reported by all the news networks.

lets hope.

R2 : Dont Remember
R3 : 46:7:9
R4 : 146:12:1
R5 : 8:19:2
R6 : 16:16:1
R7 : 5:23:1
R8 : Dont count, round was unfinished.
Thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 04:56   #2
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
if it does, then this IS probably the best situation we can expect out of this conflict
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 04:56   #3
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
bit disapointing if theyve killed him already, i'll miss that guy with his crazy crazy 'tash
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 05:02   #4
Thedoctor
Back Again

They claim to have hit a Command and Control bunker containing 5 members of the highest echelons of the Iraqi Government, which MAY have contained either Saddam or His 2 Sons

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 05:14   #5
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Heh, i was just listening to 'Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot'. Quite fitting if its true. :)
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 05:16   #6
Thedoctor
Back Again

the 11th and 51st divisions of the Iraqi army are prepared to surrender..thats nearly 60k of men.

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 05:24   #7
Zaratul

Quote:
Originally posted by Thedoctor
the 11th and 51st divisions of the Iraqi army are prepared to surrender..thats nearly 60k of men.
hi doc - how are you?

you know me better than anyone on this board and my feelings towards military action of any kind

sad sad day for all of us

Zar
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 05:26   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
So its better that men are killed in vast numbers on both sides?

You're like one of those animal rights activists who go around killing people.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 05:30   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The British say it's Saddam.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 06:00   #10
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Aparently Saddam is planning to go on Iraqi TV.

Could this be a pre-planned recording to keep morale up incase of his death?
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 06:03   #11
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold
Just please make sure that you kill the baddest dude this time, not explode the whole country and let him flee like you did to Bin Laden.

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 06:03   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Truly, an Iraqi icon.
</Slashdot>
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 06:09   #13
Zither
Alcoholic

Zither is an unknown quantity at this point
with the amount of doubles he uses how many 'saddams' do you have to kill to get the real one?

<Ahriman> i didn't know they were shemales until i f*cked them...

If you can't win an argument without using insults you have lost the argument already
Zither is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 06:12   #14
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Truly, an Iraqi icon.
</Slashdot>
I'm sure any soldiers loyal to him would be more likely to fight if they thought he was still alive.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 06:26   #15
Zither
Alcoholic

seems the iraqis have lost control of their state radio

If you can't win an argument without using insults you have lost the argument already
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 06:26   #16
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Saddam has cool glasses, heh.
(He's on tele.)
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 06:27   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Zither
seems the iraqis have lost control of their state radio
I've been meaning to ask... are you a fan of Zither music?
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 06:35   #18
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold
They woke him up, did you see how bloated his eyes were?

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 06:37   #19
Zither
Alcoholic

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I've been meaning to ask... are you a fan of Zither music?
Nope Just like the sound of the word, its easy to say and has a fairly pleasent sound to it.

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 07:15   #20
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Zaratul
hi doc - how are you?

you know me better than anyone on this board and my feelings towards military action of any kind

sad sad day for all of us

Zar
Given your anti-miltary/anti-war opinions on here.

Surely it is good that the Iraqi's are surrendering before a shot is fired, or anyone killed?
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 07:31   #21
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't believe I just watched CNN for four hours repeating the same news all the time. As far as wars go, this one is boring.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 07:57   #22
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Zapman
I can't believe I just watched CNN for four hours repeating the same news all the time. As far as wars go, this one is boring.
Would you rather witness body bags being shipped from the Front?

(and by that I mean from any side)
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 08:07   #23
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zapman

Give it a chance, the tanks haven't even gone in yet.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 12:28   #24
Zaratul

Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
Given your anti-miltary/anti-war opinions on here.

Surely it is good that the Iraqi's are surrendering before a shot is fired, or anyone killed?
no because i'd rather america doesn't win. If they win, then i hope it is not won easily.

Zar
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:10   #25
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
no because i'd rather america doesn't win. If they win, then i hope it is not won easily.

Zar
I see slaughter appeals to you.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:14   #26
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Zar
yay for dead humans :/
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 15:29   #27
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:

Zar
So, you are completely opposed to war, but if it happens you want it to be as bloody and horrible as possible?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 15:34   #28
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
So, you are completely opposed to war, but if it happens you want it to be as bloody and horrible as possible?
I'm not sure which is more alarming, the stupidity of his position, or his inability to see its stupidity.

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 15:38   #29
General Geiger

General Geiger is infamous around these partsGeneral Geiger is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
I see slaughter appeals to you.
I know this question isn't adressed to me, but:

Obviously I'd rather slaughter didn't happen. However, if it does, then I'd like it to be interesting. Large explosions that kill many people are inherently nasty, but if they happen you might as well enjoy the fireworks show, huh?

This is going to be my view if the apocalypse ever comes. If I know it's about to happen, I'll go on top of some large hill outside London with a crateful of Budweiser and a pair of very dark glasses, hide behind a concrete wall and enjoy the show. It's the only attitude worth taking. If you can't do anything about something horrible, view it with detached hilarity. And preferably get drunk at the same time.

*morg has never heard of GD
<@morg> sounds like an std to me

<.KraKto5is8> "you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose"
General Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 15:49   #30
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by General Geiger
I know this question isn't adressed to me, but:

Obviously I'd rather slaughter didn't happen. However, if it does, then I'd like it to be interesting. Large explosions that kill many people are inherently nasty, but if they happen you might as well enjoy the fireworks show, huh?

This is going to be my view if the apocalypse ever comes. If I know it's about to happen, I'll go on top of some large hill outside London with a crateful of Budweiser and a pair of very dark glasses, hide behind a concrete wall and enjoy the show. It's the only attitude worth taking. If you can't do anything about something horrible, view it with detached hilarity. And preferably get drunk at the same time.
If I were in the military, and invading Iraq at the moment, the thought that I may soon die a horrible death, possibly involving chemical or biological weapons, sacrificing my life for my country, would be distressing enough.

However, what would be even worse would be the thought that I may soon die a horrible death witnessed by millions of people around the world, many of whom would be thinking "Fantastic! An evil western oppresor just got blown up!" and the rest "Cool! His head got blown off! Look at the blood!"
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 20:04   #31
General Geiger

General Geiger is infamous around these partsGeneral Geiger is infamous around these parts
Quote:
If I were in the military, and invading Iraq at the moment, the thought that I may soon die a horrible death, possibly involving chemical or biological weapons, sacrificing my life for my country, would be distressing enough.

However, what would be even worse would be the thought that I may soon die a horrible death witnessed by millions of people around the world, many of whom would be thinking "Fantastic! An evil western oppresor just got blown up!" and the rest "Cool! His head got blown off! Look at the blood!"
Well if I was a US or British soldier, I sure wouldn't want a bunch of people moping their heads off about my death; much better they go out thinking how interesting my sand-smothered internal organs are. But I'm a little queer. Odd. Strange. Unusual. Abnormal. And I wouldn't make a good soldier anyway.

I feel like another beer.

*morg has never heard of GD
<@morg> sounds like an std to me

<.KraKto5is8> "you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose"
General Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 21:22   #32
Zaratul

Quote:
No i just don't support the allies. Simple as that. If they have to win (which they most probably will), i don't want them to win easily. If all evil expansionist and imperialistic nations won wars so easily they would do it all the time. Thus i don't want the USA/uk etc.. to get overly smug and start bombing every single nation it feels like without question

Zar
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 21:48   #33
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:
No i just don't support the allies. Simple as that. If they have to win (which they most probably will), i don't want them to win easily. If all evil expansionist and imperialistic nations won wars so easily they would do it all the time. Thus i don't want the USA/uk etc.. to get overly smug and start bombing every single nation it feels like without question

Zar
Yes.....let the English and American empires lose many troops while taking Iraq for themselves
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 00:09   #34
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Zar
Not allies, coalition. The Allies was something else.

Oh, and stfu, you terrorist.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 00:28   #35
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:

Zar
Are you an immigrant welcomed into the US/UK who doesnt really give a damn about your host who affords you a privileged lifestyle, by any chance.

Thought so.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 08:01   #36
Zaratul

Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming
Not allies, coalition. The Allies was something else.

Oh, and stfu, you terrorist.
i wasn't using the word "allies" literally.

Zar
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 08:01   #37
Zaratul

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
Are you an immigrant welcomed into the US/UK who doesnt really give a damn about your host who affords you a privileged lifestyle, by any chance.

Thought so.
nop - i'm not an immigrant

Zar
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:02   #38
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Zither
with the amount of doubles he uses how many 'saddams' do you have to kill to get the real one?
its the poor bastards who have spent the last decade as his doubles that i feel sorry for, if i was one of them i would be crapping myself about now.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:05   #39
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
its the poor bastards who have spent the last decade as his doubles that i feel sorry for, if i was one of them i would be crapping myself about now.
rumour has it that the SAS has shot several of them.