User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:20   #1
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
American government admits to fatal use of torture, millions not shocked

woah
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:23   #2
Amoril
Twisted

Amoril is an unknown quantity at this point
If i had been 'hooked up' to an ECG it would have shown 'no change'.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:24   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
After 9/11 . everything change.

Theyre still stupid , but now theyre not as surprised when something nasty happens.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:26   #4
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
It's amazing, I read the article and then something black swept over my vision and now I can't recall anything that would connect the words 'American Military' to words such as 'abuse, torture or evil'.

Matrim
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:27   #5
Amoril
Twisted

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Gumbel
Jonathan Turley, a prominent law professor at George Washington University, countered that embracing torture would be "suicide for a nation once viewed as the very embodiment of human rights".

OK, so this 'embodiment of human rights' is the same country which hasn't signed the Geneva Convention yeah?!
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:27   #6
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
someone will defend it, hurry up.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:30   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Youd be as well calling this thread "Sandsnake and Texan. Please defend your Torturing Murderous Governments" , and wait for one of them to say "After 9/11 , we had the rights to fight the terrorists on their own terms".
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:34   #8
Amoril
Twisted

OK isn't the whole "embodiment of human rights" rankling with anybody else?
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:35   #9
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
No.

[edit]
Bad Dace, I was no-ing to Gordon.

Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:36   #10
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by Amoril
OK isn't the whole "embodiment of human rights" rankling with anybody else?
bt thay wrnt amerikin sitizens so the constitushin dusnt aply!!
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:39   #11
Amoril
Twisted

Quote:
bt thay wrnt amerikin sitizens so the constitushin dusnt aply!!

*cough* segregation *cough*
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:42   #12
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Amoril
*cough* segregation *cough*
Dace sets up the Racist Reply Option.

Does Nod Bite and see himself censored for portraying racist views on the board?

WE CAN ONLY WAIT AND SEE!
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:49   #13
Amoril
Twisted

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Dace sets up the Racist Reply Option.

Does Nod Bite and see himself censored for portraying racist views on the board?

WE CAN ONLY WAIT AND SEE!

Blind people can't.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 03:38   #14
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I am sure these suspected Al Qaida members would have treated any american prisoners far worse. They dont deserve to have any rights.

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 04:26   #15
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
US officials previously admitted using ... sleep deprivation, denial of medication for battle injuries, forcing them to stand or kneel for hours on end with hoods on, subjecting them to loud noises and sudden flashes of light and engaging in culturally humiliating practices such as having them kicked by female officers.

While the US claims this still constitutes "humane" treatment <snip>

heh.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
I am sure these suspected Al Qaida members would have treated any american prisoners far worse. They dont deserve to have any rights.

Vaio
Worst
argument
ever.

(troll?)
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 04:28   #16
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Youd be as well calling this thread "Sandsnake and Texan. Please defend your Torturing Murderous Governments" , and wait for one of them to say "After 9/11 , we had the rights to fight the terrorists on their own terms".
Nuke Mecca. Yeah, baby. Medina and Jerusalem, too. Can't you feel my nipples get hard?
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 07:20   #17
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
It does not surprise me that the US have used Torture, or contracted it out to other countries where it is used as a matter of course.

What does surprise me is they got caught?
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 08:23   #18
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Texan
Nuke Mecca.
I'd like to see that happen just to watch the world afterwards. And run.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 08:29   #19
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Without wishing to sound like a cold hearted maliscous bastard, fair play to them.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 08:58   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
Without wishing to sound like a cold hearted maliscous bastard, fair play to them.
Aside from the fact that this is one of the things they're supposedly trying to stop.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 09:00   #21
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Aside from the fact that this is one of the things they're supposedly trying to stop.
one article hardly constitutes truth. I'm still looking for other references to such admissions, but haven't seen any yet.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 09:03   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
one article hardly constitutes truth. I'm still looking for other references to such admissions, but haven't seen any yet.
Hey, I didn't assume it was true. I was responding to the 'fair play to them' comment.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 09:08   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

However, it's also notable that the US has continued to deny them PoW status, which would give them rights under the Geneva Convention.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 09:13   #24
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
However, it's also notable that the US has continued to deny them PoW status, which would give them rights under the Geneva Convention.
well yes, ofc. Don't agree with that with the taliban, agree with it with Al Queda. Bastard telling the two apart though.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 09:16   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
well yes, ofc. Don't agree with that with the taliban, agree with it with Al Queda. Bastard telling the two apart though.
When in doubt, don't give them any rights.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 09:50   #26
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Where are War Falcon and Cuddly Battleship when you need 'em.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 10:20   #27
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
You got something there... Now don't tell anyone.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 12:47   #28
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Where are War Falcon and Cuddly Battleship when you need 'em.
Or DavinBrahm.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 12:47   #29
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by G_frog
[i]

Worst
argument
ever.

(troll?)
No and no

Vaio
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 12:49   #30
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Good on America. I expecially liked the bit about humiliation and getting females to give them a good kicking. Maybe they could get some pigs in there to sh*t on em or something.

I really have no sympathy for the prisoners.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 12:51   #31
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster…When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you…" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 12:54   #32
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:
Fight fire with fire - CrashTester
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 12:58   #33
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
Welcome to the abyss.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 13:31   #34
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Welcome to the abyss.
That was a mere shortcut. We're heading there already, I think the we've already been booked tickets for.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 13:32   #35
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
How are we supposed to tell the good guys apart from the bad guys now?!

I mean, Americans are the good guys, right?

Right?

Anyone?
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 13:33   #36
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
I definately agree. The western coutries always claimed that they were "civilised", but where is this civilisation going if we allow people to be treated in ways that are considered to be uncivilized.
It doesn't matter if the person you caught would have given you the same mercy, if you allow that people are treated different in other places or with a different affiliation, then what's the use of your constitution or any treaty ever signed?

I don't know if anything in that article is true, but if it is I'm worried about the people that are controlling the "mightiest" country in the world.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 14:06   #37
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Its amazing how many people seem to think that denying someone human rights is okay. Thats the point of human rights - everyone has them, regardless of who they are, what country they come from or what they have done. If you start saying "they wouldn't give us those rights" or "what they have done takes away their rights" you really have jumped straight into that abyss that Leshy mentioned. Even the Nazi leaders had a fair trial after World War 2.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 14:29   #38
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
How are we supposed to tell the good guys apart from the bad guys now?!

I mean, Americans are the good guys, right?

Right?

Anyone?
The good guys dont fly airliners into buildings

Vaio
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 14:33   #39
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:

Vaio
The good guys don't torture people.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 15:12   #40
Insane Badger

Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
yes they do.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 15:12   #41
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
The good guys don't fund people to fly planes into other people's buildings.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 15:15   #42
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Originally posted by Insane Badger
yes they do.
I don't know what movies you've been watching...
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 15:19   #43
Insane Badger

Quote:
I try not to base my morals off movies
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 15:20   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Reservoir Dogs! Mr Blonde's the hero, right?
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 15:27   #45
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
I try not to base my morals off movies
The concept of "good guys" and "bad guys" only exists inside movies, where it is possible for some people to be completely good and other people to be unbelievably evil, with no-one at all in between. Hence, if you want to assign one of those labels to someone in the real world, you have to look at movies. Would the "good guy" in a movie torture someone, bomb his country killing innocent civilians or invade said country for little or no reason?
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 15:37   #46
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Or drop bombs on weddings
Or slaughter their allies
Or drop nukes on thousands of innocent civilians

Comedy 'humans arent the good guys, dolphins are' option
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 15:57   #47
Insane Badger

Quote:
The concept of "good guys" and "bad guys" only exists inside movies, where it is possible for some people to be completely good and other people to be unbelievably evil, with no-one at all in between. Hence, if you want to assign one of those labels to someone in the real world, you have to look at movies. Would the "good guy" in a movie torture someone, bomb his country killing innocent civilians or invade said country for little or no reason?
not necessarily

its possible for one side to be more good/less bad than the other side and thereby the 'good guys' without even going near to a movie.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 15:59   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
not necessarily

its possible for one side to be more good/less bad than the other side and thereby the 'good guys' without even going near to a movie.
It's not a case of 'good guys' and 'bad guys' it's a case of 'bad guys' and '(slightly less) bad guys who are on our side'
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 16:21   #49
Insane Badger

Quote:
It's not a case of 'good guys' and 'bad guys' it's a case of 'bad guys' and '(slightly less) bad guys who are on our side'
thats a matter of opinion
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 16:23   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
thats a matter of opinion
Good is an absolute that can't be reached.