User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Jul 2006, 11:04   #1
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice
xp or bust?

once again, i m coming here, to my great sorrow.. as i cant help but notice more players ignoring the nice change in xp reward (wtg pa team!) and the increase (should we be surprise?) of planet of higher value attacking weaker ones!

having witness a galaxy attack (my 1st this round) , i cant help but see ppls ignoring the xp reward and going straight foward for the "easy " roids and weaker planet, not considering , for 1 second the fact that bigger target give them more score! some players (hopefully not the majority, i hope) seem just happy to blast whatever planet, even if they re the 4thm 5th or 6 th to land on a defenseless planet.

dont get me wrong here.. i m not talking about same value or near that.. i m talking about overpowering planet, stumping on helpless planet with glee!
players that see no value or point to getting xp or score by being bold.

and i feel extremely disappoint to see such blatant abuse of "power" when more juicy and more rewarding target are available

it feel like pa team, though a great work was made, will only see it go to waste as more players will be force to go "lower" than their value to gain what was lost to abusing players.

will the bashing ever end? !

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 11:10   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: xp or bust?

rop1964, at this stage I actually dont agree. Its still very early in the game and the size in value difference is so small that it pays off attacking someone somewhat lower valued than you. However later in the round bashing is just sad. (ofc, the PA team creates about 70% of the problem with having zik stealers since they tend to prey on less active planets)

What really rawks this round is that xp for defence is MUCH more valuable than ever before.

So everyone should defend more
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 11:10   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

xp is useless when it comes to defending alliances or doing attacks , ships are the things that are important.
to get ships you need roids
its no surprise that people avoid hitting max-xp targets in order to get some easier roids.

its another reason why imo xp should be scrapped altogether and instead the bash limit altered if things arent acceptable atm.

remember, this is a war game - and in war not everything is fair.
the strong will always prey on the weak, its human nature
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 11:11   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

At this point in the round with very few planets having more than 300 roids "bashing", in terms of number of roids taken, is inevitable. It's equally difficult to stop roiding fleets due to the initial lack of defensive ships. If you saw a fourth, fifth or sixth wave either some alliance is dire at organising attacks or a galaxy got double-booked.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 11:12   #5
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I've already seen this in my galaxy, today's attacks are netting 3-4 waves on the smaller planets and the bigger ones are getting 1...and some not getting any.

Then again, judging by the fact that the landing ticks weren't coordinated, it's either a small alliance that's newer and not as experienced in setting up attacks, a bunch of random attacks, or a bigger alliance spreading out the attacks so that it looks like a smaller alliance.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 15:32   #6
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

It seems too early in the round to be drawing such conclusions.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 15:43   #7
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Anyone who is taking the fourth, fifth or sixth roid on a small planet in normal raids deserves to be shot.

But instead, they're going to get a much more severe punishment. Their own planet is going to suck the e-cock.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 15:51   #8
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

well... thats how it always had been. Bigger alliances smashing small to medium size galaxies to bits, having pnapped some in bigger ones.
I am not saying that its what my alliance is doing. I actually dont know anything about Omen's politics this round. But it would be a normal practice for any top alliance/
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 17:31   #9
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighteh
well... thats how it always had been. Bigger alliances smashing small to medium size galaxies to bits, having pnapped some in bigger ones.
I am not saying that its what my alliance is doing. I actually dont know anything about Omen's politics this round. But it would be a normal practice for any top alliance/
It makes little sense for your own roidgrowth, though. How do certain alliances continue to capture phenominal amounts of roids by smashing small/medium galaxies 'to bits'? If you 4 wave someone with 150 roids, that's the last member capping under 20 roids, for example.

A sure fire way to minimise your own roidgrowth is to pick smaller targets and wave them into the ground. Any alliance or group of people that 4 or 5 wave small targets might get consistant growth, but it would be consistently crap. And as such, they would not be worth the label 'big alliance'.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 17:51   #10
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

At this stage there is no one who is invulnerable, so it's far better to take time to looking for targets and galaxies that are suitable for your fleet rather than pissing around with even 2nd or 3rd waves.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 19:55   #11
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

At this stage of the round its alla bout accumalting roids, rather than xp. xp comes later.
no-one is that big atm, so bashing doesnt come into it.

of course, when bashing is about, you can always hope some brave soul will notice bashing and teach the guy a lesson.
cant you?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 20:06   #12
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

It's fun to totally decimate a guy who's been bashing a few of your members. Sadly, I don't think they usually learn from this, because they go right back to doing it again after they recover a little.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 20:09   #13
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

The_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to all

I got 9 waves after my 180 roids the other day, I ended up crashing my ships on an attack and still getting crazy xp for my 10 de at home.

we were a fat galaxy so i have no problem being waved, its just that 9 waves seems so dumb on my planet at that time. I did gain score, even with the crash, and had 9th highest xp without taking a roid.

i'd be happy to belive we were double booked but when we're still getting fleets landing at 6pm for 5 roids i've gotta guess its just lazy players being gay.
The_Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2006, 16:46   #14
murder

murder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to all

Wasn't the adjustment to XP made to prevent suiciding. Planets would have 100k value and 120kXP.

Maybe if the value of ships lost were deducted from the XP gain from attacks it would deter suiciding
Then we could return XP calc to what it was before and hopefully deter bashing as well.
murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2006, 17:12   #15
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

That would only encourage bashing more, as easier targets would become even better to hit (as there are fewer losses and thus more xp)
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2006, 17:29   #16
murder

murder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to all

No. I don't follow your logic. You would still get less xp for attacking smaller planets. You would still be encouraged to attack bigger planets for the XP. Now as it stands XP is rather low as the op stated so there is no incentive to go for the tougher roids.

However, suciding your BS fleet to gain XP would result in less xp was well.
Unread 15 Jul 2006, 19:57   #17
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

I'm getting more XP this round from Defending than I am from attacking.
Unread 15 Jul 2006, 19:58   #18
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Right now you gain more score from the value of the roids than the xp for stealing them. You can get great xp from defending being 100/ %value of each defender. This will change later in the round when roiding can yield much greater xp.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 06:32   #19
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Bashing is bad what goes around comes around.
You could have been really unlucky and had more than 1 alliance nuke ur gal.
Thats why its always good to run away and live to fight another day and nick roids from someone else.
Don't be disheartened just go get some roids elsewere and run a fleet away.

Rule number 1 is always look after the ships and they will look after you.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 21:35   #20
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

well, we re now in mid round, and the trend continue.. of all my incoming, and those i see in my gal/alliance 75% are bashing attack from planet 100% to 400% the value of their target.

and because of this, many new player in gal and ally have already stated they wont be returning to pa.

what comes around never get back, cause the player base are dwindling out to a few hard core players.

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 02:53   #21
Vikman
F-crew HC

Vikman is on a distinguished road

I have been seeing the same thing and though you would expect a certain amount of bashing, 95% of my inc have been a good deal above me in value. Maybe bringing up the value attack limit will help? I don't get very fustrated over it but I know many who are pretty fed up with it and it could turn many away from the game.
[email protected]
Vikman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 09:19   #22
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

i agree this round is all about bashing lowbies for easy roids... i really hope next round will be tweaked a bit to discourage this poor behaviour... bring on negative XP or something.
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 01:28   #23
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
xp is useless when it comes to defending alliances or doing attacks , ships are the things that are important.
to get ships you need roids
its no surprise that people avoid hitting max-xp targets in order to get some easier roids.

its another reason why imo xp should be scrapped altogether and instead the bash limit altered if things arent acceptable atm.

remember, this is a war game - and in war not everything is fair.
the strong will always prey on the weak, its human nature

We should definately eliminate xp and play based on value like the wc games. Though it kind of sucks if you get fleet catught and end up back on 0. lol
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote