J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road
Cluedo Two

T'was the night before Christmas,
When all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring,
Not even a -gaahrhagrfh-

The last words of Master Black, the until recently unheard of, heir to *Dr.Black's large fortune (*See Cluedo One). Whom you have all gathered to celebrate with, that is until approximate 8:45 pm, when his body is discovered at the foot of the stairs leading to the cellars, by an apparently (ho ho) shocked Lady Hawk.

Players
Flapjack
Ur Quan
Io Cor
No Dachi
Muha
Spritely Zombie
Hewitt
Lady Hawk
David91
Wraith
Evil Ginge
J-Kama-Ka-C

Rooms
Ballroom
Bedroom
Billards Room
???
Dining Room
Hallway
Kitchen
Landing
Library
Lounge
???
Study

Murder Weapons
Broken Bottle
Candlestick
Dagger
Fire Extinguisher
???
Lead Piping
Poison
Revolver
Rope
Scalpel
???
Spanner

This list will be updated as rooms and weapons are discovered, so check back as the thread progresses.

I have the deck, I just need to shuffle it, and will send out all the PMs some time tomorrow. As it is, Christmas, it'll kept at a slow start, we can pick up from there. So now a brief summary of the rules.

You will all be dealt 3 cards randomly from the list of 36, the 3 remaining cards I will hold as the murder envelope, this is the "Who, Where and How" of the murder.

When you are in any of the 12 rooms, you can post an suggestion, as to who commited the murder and what weapon was used in your current room. Then I will reply to this in a PM, and tell you who (moving sequentially through the players) first has one of the cards you suggested. You can then rule out that card from your investigation. You may suggest cards which you have in your hand, in order to focus on one aspect of the crime, such as which room it was in. Your hand is kept secret. If things get too slow, I may rule out cards at random intervals, or allow some alliance forming.

To begin, you're in one of the four rooms listed, it had been a party, but the atmosphere is all but gone now, and first order of business is locating possible murder weapons, so that you can make your first suggestions.

Suggestions are limited to a maximum of two per day, with a waiting peroid of 6 hours or 2 suggestions by another player.

Knowledge of the cardpool is universal, so when the names of each weapon/room are found by an individual they go on the list above and can be suggested by anyone. Additionally you may not suggest cards you have in your hand until they are on that list.

You may only make suggestions using known cards listed in the cardpool

Have fun, trust no one, fear is just the beginning.

Last edited by J-Kama-Ka-C; 11 Jan 2005 at 01:06.
J-Kama-Ka-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2004, 04:00   #2
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cluedo Two

Wraith staggers down the stairs to the cellar. "Shaaay, Misshhhhis Hawk, you found a deshhhent bottle of wi.. *hic* wine yet?" He drawls as he descends the stairs. He trips down the final stairs landing in a heap on the floor. "Heeeheheheh.. Ooopshie! I sheeem to have faaalllllededed over! hehe! Don' you look sho shocked my good laaady... *hic* my good... *hic*... schcuse me! heehehahe! but don' look shocked! I'sh awright! Acstually, I'sh quite comfy... I might go to shleep here... What'sh dis I'm lying on, anyway?"

Wraith rolls over, falling onto his back, and with quite a struggle maneuveres himself onto his knees. "Wheee, it'sh Dr Junior! Ish he asleep tooo? Oh Mishter Blaacky! Wake Up!" Wraith rolls Master Black over onto his back, revealing his ashen face, clearly lifeless even to one as inebriated as Wraith. The drunken reveller staggers backwards into Lady Hawks legs, clutching at them in terror.

"Ohmigod! He'sh dead!" Wraith whispers, eyes wide. He looks upwards at Lady Hawk, who is still staring at their erstwhile host. "YOU KILLED HIM! Ohmigod, you killesed him! Right up there in thhh.. the halllway! You's whacked him over the head wiv a bottle!"

Wraith leaps up, away from LH, and hall falls, half staggers up the stairs. He bursts into the ballroom, slips on the glossy flooring and sprawls to the floor. "Murrrder!" He yells, from his prone position. "Dey's beened a murder!!!"

[guess] Lady Hawk, in the Hallway, with a Bottle [/guess]
Unread 25 Dec 2004, 05:07   #3
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

Ur_Quan gasped as he heard the announcement. Was it for real? The drunkard was notorious for his pranks, but... what if it were true? After all, history had a funny way of repeating itself. It had only been a year since the death of Dr. Black and everybody knew what had happened back then. His emotionally unstable father, Ur_Quan Senior had poisoned Dr. Black in the ballroom. And now... Master Black was dead too! Murdered! He knew whom they'd point the finger at! He knew what they'd say! They'd say: "He must've done it! Like father, like son!" "The blood of killers runs in the family!" Yes! They'd say:

I bet it was Ur_Quan with Poison in the Ballroom! (Yes, that's my suggestion )

EDIT: I think you forgot the rule about making suggestions, which said that you cannot make another suggestion until either 2 or 3 other people have made a suggestion or several hours (not sure on the number (but 6 sounds fine) had passed. This is an important rule, that you shouldn't forget about Mr. Kama. :crazyxmas: :crazyxmas: :crazyxmas:

Last edited by Ur_Quan; 25 Dec 2004 at 06:57.
Ur_Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2004, 12:55   #4
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Yes, thankyou, rules amended.

I'd deal you, your hands now, but I'm off to play with my new toys.
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 03:29   #5
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith suddenly has second thoughts about his accusation... "Maybe I was too hasty with my accusation... After all, there is someone here who has grown up with death and deceit... Could it be Ur_Quan again?!?"
Wraith glances at Ur_Quan's face, which even to him is showing signs of guilt. "Yeeeeaah... I bet HE did it... in the Kitchens probably, nic and quiet... with a knife..."

[guess]Ur_Quan, in the Kitchens, with the Knife[/guess]

Last edited by Wraith[x]; 27 Dec 2004 at 01:35.
Wraith[x] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 05:43   #6
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

Ur_Quan jumps up at the accusation and angrily points a finger at Wraith. "That's a lie and you know it! I have been nowhere near the kitchens tonight! You're just accusing people at random, throwing sand in peope's eyes! I bet it's because you're trying to hide something from us! It was you that did it, wasn't it? Go on, own up! Don't think I didn't see you snooping around the hallway with that lead pipe!

Suggestion: Wraith in the Hallway with a lead pipe
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 05:45   #7
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

So when do we actually get our cards? I was really looking forward to this thread you know. I even cleaned out my pm box to make room for all the clues.
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 14:25   #8
Wraith[x]
Moo?

"Aha! So you did it somewhere else then!" Wraith grins as he finds a vital clue... or maybe he's just imagining things. Indeed, he decides to play it easy with Ur Quan, so he doesn't ened up the next one face down on the cellar... "Or maybe it was that Muha, he's always been kinda... homicidal. Could easily've shot Master Black, he was bragging earlier that he could shoot a fly off a pint glass without spilling a drop at 50 paces... and everyone knows master black kept a gun kept in the study..."

[guess]Muha in the Study with the Revolver[/guess]
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 14:49   #9
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

I'm getting to that, sorry for the delays, I have to arrange my mp3s for maximum player efficiency, that and organise my friends for the Bucky O'Hare marathon tomorrow...
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 01:40   #10
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith glanced around the faces in the room... he recognised all of them, save one... how unfortunate for the newcomer that the very day he should appear, young Master Black should wind up dead...
"Maybe I was being a little hasty accusing Ur_Quan... That little guy does look kinda suspicious... I bet he likes his murder with a side order of Candlestick and a helping of Conservatory..."

[guess]Io Cor in the Conservatory with the Candlestick[/guess]
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 03:04   #11
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan followed Wraith's gaze. Yeah, come to think of it, that guy over there did look kinda suspicious. Look at the way he's trying to hide behind the curtains and... hey! Why is the cord from one of the curtains missing? I wonder if it was:

Io Cor in the Dining Room with a Rope
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 03:17   #12
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Alright Alright, here we go, the majority of these suggestions have been ignored, because you haven't found any potential murder weapons yet, that's at least part of the role playing involved, but I've given you one each, since you're the first here (and were correctly guessing them anyway).

Ballroom
Ur Quan is in here, it's a high ceilinged room with a big fireplace, lit and warming the place nicely. There's a curtained area on the farside, raised slightly, presumably a small stage or bandstand. A set of doors lead back into the Hallway. While the larger glass paned set lead into the Dining Room where you had been eating early this evening.

Hallway
Wraith is in here, questioning potential suspects already, it's a fairly grand room, with a large staircase you've yet been invited to explore. A set of doors lead back into the Ballroom, while the opposite side of the room a pair lead elsewhere and there appears to be more to the Hallway behind the staircase. Grandfather clock, paintings, small tables, vases and the like decorate the room.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 04:52   #13
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

OOC- I thought I had been RP'ing so far, so if this is not what you'd like to see, then please tell me how it should be done. -OOC

Ur_Quan looked around the ballroom. So this was where it had all happened last year. This was the place where his father had murdered the old Dr. Black on that particular evening. Then, the curtained area of the room drew his attention and curiosity got the better part of him. He walked over to the podium and drew back the curtain to reveal...

A noose! Someone had tied a noose to the ceiling! Was this someone's idea of a cruel joke or was there perhaps more to it? As Ur_Quan examined the scene, he noticed that there was a small trapdoor in the podium. It had been camouflaged very well and as such it was barely visible and it also happened to be right under the hanging rope, now THAT was suspicious! Who was the last person to have been in this room? Then he remembered that, just after dinner, Master Black had been invited to a dance by Lady Hawk. This had suprised a great many people at the time, because she and Master Black hadn't been the best of friends, and when they had confronted her with it, she'd said it was on account of it being christmas and all. But why would she do such a thing? Lady Hawk was a respectable lady of standing with a considerable fortune. Of course... there were rumours, especially after her second husband had died under the same mysterious conditions as her first husband and she had been a prime suspect at the time, but there hadn't been any proof against her. Perhaps..? Perhaps Master Black had aquired some proof and maybe he'd been trying to blackmail her..?

Suggestion: Lady Hawk in the Ballroom with a Rope.

Ur_Quan heard voices in the Hallway. It looked as if they were coming this way. He decided it wouldn't be very smart at this point to be seen inspecting a noose and he decided to sneak out through the other door, into the Dining Room.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 12:45   #14
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Yeah I probably wasn't all that clear through my waffly posts, it'll get clearer now. For you see...

new card found
Murder weapon - the Rope

will be added to the cardpool in post #1

So there we go, now we know just enough to make our first suggestions

Dining Room
Ur Quan is here, having moved from the Ballroom, where he discovered the rope.
It is a larger room, dotted with a handful of three placed tables, circular table clothes and the remains of dirty plates and leftovers from the banquet. A long rectangular buffet table lines off the other side of the room, with two doors visible behind it, they're suspiciously labelled "in" and "out", leading to ???.

You can still see your seat and placecardt, where you were eating with the other guests earlier. Half a side of green beans remains on your plate.

Last edited by J-Kama-Ka-C; 27 Dec 2004 at 12:52.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 13:46   #15
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Sherlock Dachi set down his knife on one side of the now-clean plate in front of him, and set the fork down on the other. Both were placed in such a way as to be parallel to a tangent drawn to the edge of the plate perpendicular to the edge of the table. Dachi was a very precise sort of fellow, after all, and placed great emphasis on neatness. This done, he delicately dabbed at his mouth with the napkin removed from his lap and, satisfied that no stray crumbs or other food residues would affect his appearance, folded the napkin - neatly, of course - and placed it on the table in front of him. FInally, he stood, produced from his pocket a long wooden pipe and, from the pocket thereafter, a small quantity of pipe tabac, and, after that, a single match, which he struck against the table and then used to light the end of his pipe. A bit of pipe after dinner was a civilized way to relax, after all. He looked around. Still in the Dining Room. Surely as good a place to start the investigation as any...
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 20:35   #16
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

As Ur_Quan walked into the Dining Room, he saw Sherlock Dachi finishing up on his dinner. Most of them had left the dinner table over an hour ago, but he was still here. It was bloody amazing how much the little man could eat. Ur_Quan didn't pay him much attention, but instead looked around the room for clues. As he walked around the table, inspecting the cutlery, heimmediately noticed that one of the knives was missing. It was the one that had belonged to Master Black. Perhaps it had just fallen off? Ur_Quan looked under the table, but there was no knife there. He looked at the figure of Sherlock Dachi who now looked as if he was searching the room. Perhaps he wanted to get rid of some evidence?

Come to think of it, apart from eating, Sherlock Dachi liked to talk about crime. He'd boasted that he knew such a great deal about detective work and that he had such a keen mind that he could solve just about any crime, or, should he want to, he could also use it for darker puproses like committing 'the perfect murder'. At the time Master Black had laughed at him and dismissed it as rubbish in that rather rude way that was so typical for Master Black. It had been plain for all to see that Sherlock Dachi had felt insulted by this. Maybe, what had happened was that, after dinner, Sherlock Dachi had grabbed the knife from the dinner table and still being being pissed off by Master Black's earlier sneering comments, he'd wanted to, ahaha, 'demonstrate his point'?

Suggestion: No Dachi in the Dining Room with a Knife

Ur_Quan decided that there was nothing more to see here and walked through the door marked "in", assuming this would be where the Kitchen was.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 21:42   #17
Wraith[x]
Moo?

[ooc] I don't get it... Unless I'm missing something, rules say you are allowed 2 guess/day, as long as there's either 6 hours or 2 posters between. I haven't broken those rules, and I've only had one of my guesses counted. Why so?[/ooc]

The evenings exertions suddenly catch up with Wraith, and he hurries off to find Les Chambres de Peepee. His business done, he decdes to explore the house, and finds himself in the Lounge. Looking around, he takes in the classical decor, understated yet exuding class. His gaze falls upon the fireplace, where he spies the Poker is missing. Maybe one of the staff took it for some reason, or maybe...... that thing could cause a lot of damage, especially if swung by someone like J-Kama-Ka-C...

[guess]Kama in the Lounge with the Poker - and now he's trying to cover it up, with this sick game![/guess]
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 22:59   #18
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Well, exactly the same happened to me, so no worries. Also, the reason for this this is explained in Mr. Kama's post (#12). Other than that, we must RP more in our posts. I'm not sure how this is supposed to go, because I believe we're already doing that, but one thing is that a lot of the weapon and location cards are as yet unknown, which means that they have to be found by someone first before you can include them in your guesses.
For the locations (rooms) it's easy. You have to move through the house and go from room to room to know what rooms are available. Like the suggestion where you were talking about the conservatory; there may very well be a conservatory, but nobody has seen it yet, therefore you can't be sure it exists (even if you happen to have the cards).

The same thing applies to the weapons, but they're a bit trickier. Since you don't know what weapons there are and Mr. Kama doesn't usually include them in the room's description when he DMs us, you are allowed to guess for them, but they mustn't be unlikely guesses; pokers near fireplaces and knives in dinner rooms are likable guesses, laser rifles in the hallway are not (bit extreme, I agree, but you get my meaning). I don't think Mr. Kama will be very strict in where you find your murder weapon provided you make a nice post and make it at least a little likely that you can find such a thing there.
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 00:22   #19
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Seems a bit odd to me. I figured we had been RPing, it's just like last year If I recall corectly... and how do you know to go to a room if you don't know it's there? Same with the weapons... Especially if half the guesses aren't counted. And I know for a fact I've found one of the weapons, but that hasn't been added to the list...
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 00:43   #20
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

I know, that's because they're standard weapons, but things are a little different last year and back then we had more people doing guesses and walking around. This year it appears to be just you and me, and well, No Dachi made a valliant attempt too. WHERE are all the others that have signed up?
Anyways, ALL guesses are taken into account apart from the first few ones (apart from one, cos Kama was being nice) we made before the cards were handed out.

As for going to a room, if you read what he typed in the DM bit, you know in what room you are and where the exits are and sometimes they lead into a known room and sometimes they lead into an unknown room, it's for youto walk around and find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Kama-Ka-C
Hallway
Wraith is in here, questioning potential suspects already, it's a fairly grand room, with a large staircase you've yet been invited to explore. A set of doors lead back into the Ballroom, while the opposite side of the room a pair lead elsewhere and there appears to be more to the Hallway behind the staircase. Grandfather clock, paintings, small tables, vases and the like decorate the room.
That clearly says you're in the Hallway, one door leads to the ballroom (where I was), there's some stairs going up (probably to a bedroom) and there's some other doors a little further down the hallway.
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 00:54   #21
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha will become famous soon enoughMuha will become famous soon enough

Muha passes out on the floor of the Ballroom
[16:45] <Ur_Quan> brains?? am i missing something??
(13:17:44) (+PyRo`) Muha is a genius <3
(02:51:02) • +Siv|Risk bows before the overwhelming knowledge of Muha
Muha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 00:58   #22
Wraith[x]
Moo?

OK, Vaguely... still not best pleased tho All that hard work, for naught
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 07:50   #23
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

OOC- Well, it's been over 6 hours since I last made my suggestion, however since I haven't been DMed yet, I'll just have to make it a suggestion with the stuff I already know about. -OOC

Before entering the door to the unknown location, Ur_Quan stopped and thought for a moment. They had all been in the dining room; strictly speaking, anyone could've taken the knife and killed Master Black with it. Who had found the body? Oh yes, it was her, the Lady. It must've been pretty easy to hide a knife about that dress and then plant it Master Black's back in the Hallway when nobody is looking and then pushing the body down the stairs to the cellar, going down after it and making sure Master Black was really dead and then doing one of her best screams, pretending to have found him lying there like that.

Suggestion: Lady Hawk in the Hallway with a Knife

Knowing her, she'd probably enjoyed every second of it and made it sure that Master Black wouldn't have been quite dead after the first stroke, just so that the fun would last longer and so she could see the terror in his eyes as she followed him down into the cellar with that famous wry smile of hers.

But suspicions alone weren't enough. He needed proof, especially with someone as dangerous and powerful as Lady Hawk. She had a lot of friends in the right places, and in the wrong places too. Perhaps he'd find what he was looking for behind these doors?
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 22:07   #24
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

(Well no, you're RPing fine, it's just not in the right direction, my intent was that you first look for possible murder weapons. Then once you have knowledge of them, you can use them in your suggestions, currently suggestions can only be made up using, all players, since you've met everyone at the party, the four rooms you have explored, the 1 murder weapon you've identified. Other suggestions shouldn't really be included :-)

Anyway, now that I'm more into the hang of DMery again, you can use Ur Quan's last few DMs as a reference, it'll start writing Door X leads to Room Y, or if the room has not been visited it'll be leads to "???". For the RP, all I want is someone to say, "I look at the table, ho-hah", somewhere amoung the usual carrying on, and I'll probably have you find a possible murder weapon.)
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 22:36   #25
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

So noticing that one of the table knives is missing, thinking it may have been used as a murder weapon and immediately coming up with a suggestion which is wrapped into some roleplaying pleasantness that includes a small motive and a way of doing it, isn't right?
You want it to be like:
1) we enter a room
2) you dm the room (telling us what it is and what we see)
3) we investigate the room
4) you dm us again and tell us that we have found a murder weapon
5) we make a suggestion that includes this weapon
6) you dm again and show us one of the possible cards
7) go back to 1)

Frankly, I don't think that's gonna work. Despite the large number of people that have signed up for this thread, only Wraith and me seem to be playing (you need to do some poking around ). To find all the murder weapons and all the rooms like this, we'll be busy until next christmas. The above would also require a lot of DMing on your part. But if that's what you want, then that's what you'll get. MWUHAHAHAHAAA!!!
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 23:10   #26
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur_Quan
So noticing that one of the table knives is missing, thinking it may have been used as a murder weapon and immediately coming up with a suggestion which is wrapped into some roleplaying pleasantness that includes a small motive and a way of doing it, isn't right?
Well it's perfectly fine, except I don't have table, steak or salad knive as a possible murder weapon, so I can't answer this suggestion, since it would be unfairly narrowed down. If the room or player happened to be a card you had been delt, you'd be advantageously able to home in on the remaining trait of the crime.

Thought when I wrote my previous post I hadn't read up on the last few to point this out.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about over DMing, since I have to cover all the PMs, less activate players makes this easier on me, heh. Also, 2 out of 3 of those DM steps will be accompanied by regular suggestions as well, since the cardpool will grow quickly and you have 47% of them already. Even if they are one sided at the moment, but I'll be throwing potential weapons at you soon enough.
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 23:37   #27
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Ballroom
Muha is here, lying in a heap on the floor... He feels a sharp pain in his thigh, since his unhealthy slumping has landed him on a small steel "pin" on a sort of steel "keyring"

Dining Room
Dachi here, his table is left in much neater array than that of the two fellow guests he was sharing it with, whom have already disappeared off elsewhere. Besides the eating apparatus and usually crockery suspects, a small flower holding jar and pair of silvery candlesticks decorate the placement. However the budding Holmesque chap notes that while both candles are lit, the base of only one of them is glued down by wax.

Ur Quan has left here, through the "???" door

Kitchen
Ur Quan is here, having come from the Dining Room. Finding himself in a snuggly large kitchen. A large cooker 'island' meets a ceiling extrator, somewhere off centre, while rows of preparatory table tops shelter under rows of cupboards and shelves.

Below the sink, one such cupboard is lying off its latch.

New card found
Room - the Kitchen

Lounge
Wraith is here, having come from the Hallway. Finding himself in a spaceous den area, complete with large TV and DVD player, why the DVD player is so large, no one is really sure. Obviously Master Black liked his home cinema. There are spongey sofas and a low to the floor coffee table, but the room is without fireplace. Doors lead to Hallway and Billards Room

New card found
Room - the Lounge

Alrighty there we go. As demonstrated, I will allow people some guess work for carding suggestions. Wraith happened to find out that one of the doors from the Hallway lead to the Lounge, had he suggested "J-Kama-Ka-C, in the Lounge, with the Rope", then he'd benifit from an early suggestion. Same will apply, for an obvious murder weapon I've hinted at and I'll probably reveal in the next DM, though if it turns out not to be, then that's a wasted suggestion.
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 00:55   #28
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point

ooc/ When you say you have found these cards in the thread, does it only confirm their existence, and not confirm whether or not they are in the murder envelope? I suppose the former. Sorry I haven't roleplayed in this thread yet, but I was doing Christmas stuff. Also: Do we have to search a lot in every room before we find a possible murder weapon? Can we guess as to what it is, or is it *X pulls back the sheet and finds...!* and then you tell us what X has found? /ooc

*David enters the Ballroom to find Muha on the floor. Panic grips him as he sees Muha slumped on the floor. Oh no! Another murder! Luckily, he finds him breathing and well. He turns him over to find a peculiar pinny thing on a keyringy thing. Hopefully Muha's wound will not be infected by whatever this strange object is. David examines it with an extra-large magnifying glass, then puts on a tweed hat and trenchcoat to get into the spirit of things.*
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 02:52   #29
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Cards "acknowledged" go in the cardpool in post #1, these you can use to build your suggestions, they're discovered in the format:

new card found
<Type> - The <card>

If things get slow, I may have people pick up physical cards in the RP, dropped by other players perhaps, but I'll make a clear distinction and describe an actual card. Which everyone could then rule out of the investigation.

You can pull back X number of sheets if you wish, I'll always describe what you find (if anything), but it may not be potential murder weapon/secret passage material. Or it may be a clue. Really though, that's what I'm looking for people to simply do at the beginning.

David/Muha
On closer inspection, it's the kind of a pin that usually holds or locks something in a certain position.

Last edited by J-Kama-Ka-C; 29 Dec 2004 at 18:07.
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 04:18   #30
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan walked into the large kitchen. Unlike some other rooms in the house, this place was being used on a daily basis and it showed; the place was a mess, but then again, with Master Black dead, the staff currently had other things on their mind like "Are there any jobs for people my age?", "Now who will sign my credentials?", "Do I still get my christmas bonus", "What happens to my pension?" and "Thirty _ing years of service! Thirty _ing years! I _ing gave him the best _ing years of my _ing life and now this happens! I ought to _ing kill the _ing bastard that _ing done this!" So it didn't come as a surprise that there was still an awful lot of washing up to be done. Even the trash hadn't been taken out yet. There was a row of empty bottles due to all the wine that had been drunk during dinner. Someone must've accidentally dropped one of them, because there was one broken bottle between the lot of them.

As he walked on, he came to a wall that was lined with all sorts of knives and there were even some large cleavers. They certainly looked very sharp and you could probably fell an ox with them. He walked to the cooking island and noticed various frying pans were still on the stove. These things reminded him of those black and white comedies by Laurel & Hardy that you had in the old days. Ur_Quan took one of the frying pans and experimentally tapped his head with it. Ouch! That hurt! Ur_Quan grabbed the side of his head and put the pan down again. And to think that these were legal! You could crack someone's skull open like a ripe walnut with one of these if you weren't careful!

He walked around the cooking island and opened a cupboard that had a big red cross on it. Inside, he found a first aid kit that was obviously there in case of those small everyday kitchen accidents that were bound to happen in a kitchen as big as this one.

Ur_Quan walked on, opening the little cupboards as he went, looking for clues. And then he saw it! Below the sink one such cupboard was lying off its latch! We-ell, wasn't suspicious! Ur_Quan hastily walked around the bend to inspect the suspicious cupboard and then with a scream, he stumbled over a fire extinguisher that someone had clumsily placed in the middle of the path. Ur_Quan cursed. Although this thing was, of course very important in a kitchen like this in case of an uncontrollable fire, Ur_Quan couldn't help but feel that there were better places to store a fire extinguisher, because you could really get hurt by it.

Ur_Quan crawled to the suspicious cupboard under the sink and frantically began to clean it out. Hmmm, there must've been some leakage or a clogged up pipe earlier on, because here there was a piece of piping. Ur_Quan banged it against the sink once. Hm, genuine lead too! You don't often see that anymore nowadays. He threw the lead piping over his shoulder and resumed cleaning out the cupboard. Oh! And here was the spanner that the plumber must have been using to replace the lead piping with. How very careless! It was so hard to get good personnel these days. Really, how much trouble could it be to tidy up a simple spanner after you'd used it?

Ur_Quan had been digging through the contents of the cupboard until finally, he produced a metal pillbox shaped tin. There was a big skull and crossbones on it and the label said "Warning: rat poison". AHA! It hadn't been easy, but in all this mess, he had finally found a possible murder weapon! His brain raced. Who would be so bold, so diabolically cruel, so fiendishly clever as to use poison to kill Master Black? Well, apart from his father, Ur_Quan senior, of course. Ur_Quan stroke his chin as he thought and then snapped his fingers as came up with an absolutely brilliant idea! It was the butler! It was the butler that done it! It was always the butler! "Ha! I got you now Mr. J-Kama-Ka-C!" Ur_Quan cried out.

Suggestion: J-Kama-Ka-C in the Kitchen with Poison

OOC- Just tell me how many weapon cards I found on my search through the kitchen, ok? -OOC
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 14:18   #31
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point

ooc/ Nice one. /ooc
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 18:14   #32
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

(...five by name, and I suppose you'll be wanting a DMing too then )
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 18:26   #33
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Ah alright, guess I'll give them to you for the sake of continuity.

However, David91, you may now disgard the "pin", it was a clue to the Fire Extinguisher, Wraith, you didn't post yet, but if you had of, Ur Quan stole your opportunity to notice the oil stain clue to the spanner.

New card found
Murder Weapon - the Poison
Murder Weapon - the Spanner
Murder Weapon - the Lead Piping
Murder Weapon - the Fire Extinguisher
Murder Weapon - the Broken Bottle
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 18:45   #34
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Quote:
(...five by name, and I suppose you'll be wanting a DMing too then )
How did you guess?? Yes please.
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 18:49   #35
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Sorry to all the people whose clues I may have ruined now, but look on the bright side; you can now make a lot more suggestions.

Question: does one actually need to be in a specific room to make a suggestion that includes it? I wouldn't know why there should be such a rule, but I remember you had it last year, but you didn't enforce it and people (including myself) took advantage of that.
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 19:06   #36
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Indeed, in the real game, when you make a suggestion you have to be in that room, then you pull the suggested murder into the room with out, this wouldn't work here, so I usually just make it, you need to suggest the room you are currently investigating. However, if you suggest another room, I'll just assume you've left where you were and gone to the new room

You can jump from room to room by name, as long as it's in the card pool.
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 21:05   #37
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan examined the spanner he'd taken from the cupboard. There were some stains on it, probably just some rust. He carefully weighed it in this hand; it was pretty heavy. It was a crude weapon, but a weapon nonetheless. It wasn't an obvious weapon, but maybe it wasn't intended to be.
Ur_Quan couldn't get his mind off that rather odd Sherlock Dachi person. He was still snooping in that dining room, perhaps he had something to hide? Like, oh, say... a murder? The only obvious entrance to the kitchen was through the dining room, so if something had happened in the kitchen, they'd have come through the dining room, which means that'd have been seen by Sherlock Dachi. Hmmmm....

Suggestion: No Dachi in the Kitchen with a Spanner

Ur_Quan decided to leave the Kitchen, as he entered the dining room again, he held Sherlock Dachi under clear obvservation, knocking over a candlestick that was on the mantlepiece. "Dammit! These things are supposed to be glued down with wax!" Ur_Quan picked it up and put it back on the mantlepiece. There was quite a large dent in the base of the candlestick, but Ur_Quan hoped nobody'd be able see it. When he looked up again, Sherlock Dachi was staring at him; a wan grin on his face. It made him feel uneasy and he hurriedout of the dining room, through the hallway and into a random door which turned out to be the billiards room. He decided this was a good place to continue his investigations.
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 05:23   #38
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Quote:
However, if you suggest another room, I'll just assume you've left where you were and gone to the new room
[ooc]Well when we did that before out guesses weren't counted... [/ooc]

Wraith realises what he thought had been the fire was in fact just Master Black's Cat. Easy mistake to make. As such, he realises to imply that the murder weapon was the poker would be foolish. Obviously, the big, heavy DVD player over in the corner would be a far more convenient weapons... Someone such as David would have no trouble whacking their drunken host upside the head with that thing, and then bludgeoning his head to a bloody pulp...

[guess] David, in the Lounge, with the Oversized DVD Player [/guess]
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 05:55   #39
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Having arrived in the billiards room, Ur_Quan immediately spotted the pool table. From the looks of it, it had been an unfinished game of 8-ball. He took one of the smooth balls in his hands and rolled it across the table, making it collide with a couple of other balls. So why had this game been interrupted? Had it been connected to the murder perhaps? Surely no one would've killed Master Black because they were losing at a game of pool? Nah, that was ridiculous. But then again... Ur_Quan knew that one of the guests liked playing 8-ball only he was a really lousy player and was, as such, bound to lose a lot, especially against the more experienced players such as himself and Master Black; Muha! Maybe Muha thought Master Black was cheating. Maybe Muha got angry, there had been words. A fight! And then a terribly tragedy! It might have been an accident, it might have been intentionally, but murder was murder and then he had to answer for his crime.

Suggestion: Muha with the Spanner in the Billiards Room

After this initial thought, Ur_Quan made a proper search of the room, particularly inspecting the pool cues.
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 18:40   #40
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith strolls through to the billiard room, and almost bumps into Ur_Quan, skulking stealthily around the table. "Good Evening, Master Quan," He greets his fellow sleuth. "Most unfortunate, the little matter of Master Black..." YOU DID IT! DIDN'T YOU! Wraith thinks to himself. YOU DID HIM IN RIGHT HERE! PROBABLY WITH THAT CUE! Wraith nods at Ur_Quan, trying to cover his thoughts, wary of a third murder at the hands of the Ur_Quan dynasty...

[guess] Ur_Quan, in the Billiard Room, with the Cue [/guess]
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 20:26   #41
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

LH woke up after falling asleep in the lounge to see UQ scuttling off in the shadows,

AHA a suspect

she got up and not so stealithly followed him, the little b****r was acting very suspicious she followed him into the kitchen first and saw that he had a fire extinguisher and that he was also looking very shiftly at the enterenace to the billards room

What better way to try to plant the evidence....

Urquan in the Billairds room with the Fire Extingusiher

MURDERER....................................

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2004, 01:19   #42
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan spun around as he heard Wraith entering the room. Although he appeared to be friendly, there was something about the way he squinted at him when he thought he wasn't looking. It could, of course, be all the booze; Wraith was a well known alcoholic, but then again, didn't murderers always return to the scene of a crime? Ur_Quan looked at one of the bottles Wraith was carrying and then remembered the broken bottle from the kitchen. Yes, that could've been it:

Suggestion: Wraith in the Billiards Room with a Broken Bottle

And then there was something else. Ever since Master Black had been murdered, there was this odd sensation, this feeling that someone was following him around, somehow looking over his shoulder, watching his every move.

He'd just put it down to the bad karma of the house with all these murders happening here. He decided he needed to lie down for a while and as he opened the door back to the hallway, nearly bumped into Lady Hawk. She wouldn't step aside and so he made himself as small as possible and, with his back to the wall, sidled past her while she kept staring at him. Now there was a guilty look if ever he'd seen one! Perhaps she and Wraith were in this together?

He really needed that lie down now. He decided to go up the stairs and look for a bed or something quiet to lie down in. He'd be sure to think a lot better after a quick nap. Provided he'd wake up again, of course, you never knew with a murderer about...
Unread 31 Dec 2004, 18:28   #43
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith decides to abandon his current line of enquiry*, and strolls out of the billiard room, wandering through to the hallway. "It was probbly done here.... The cellar is a convenient hiding place... not very effective tho. I bet it was one of the silent one, trying not to attract attention. Probably Flapjack. With the Spanner, naturally"

*baseless accusations

[guess] FJ in the Hall with the Spanner [/guess]

(sry is crap, gtg drink )
Unread 31 Dec 2004, 20:37   #44
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Landing
Ur Quan is here, having climbed the staircase from the Hallway. Which this room mimics in shape, there are more paintings hanging here, and small tables mounted by vases and the like. Four doors can be seen (at the moment at least), two on the east and two on the west, a poncey looking bust of Dr.Black stands somewhere near the top of the staircase. North side of the room.

Hallway
Wraith is here, Lady Hawk is standing in the doorway to the Billards room.

The Hallway is roughly U shaped, bent around a large staircase. Being that there is an area behind the staircase you can only assume there is another door that you can't see. Ones tat you can see however, lead to the Ballroom and Billards Room. As well as the main enterance to the house, which is shut tight, there's a blizzard outside or something...
Unread 31 Dec 2004, 23:51   #45
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

OOC- In his last (and also first) DM, No Dachi was on the verge of discovering the Candlestick card. However, since he didn't reply anymore, I sort of hinted at it in post #37. Maybe you should add it to the pool? Also, is the Landing (my current location) an actual murder room or not? If it is, you should add it to the pool. -OOC
Unread 1 Jan 2005, 05:32   #46
Wraith[x]
Moo?

"It was No Dachi! With the Poison! In the Wherever I am! Hallway, I think!

Wraith damces a merry jig

[guess]ND in the HGallway with the Posin![/guess]
Unread 1 Jan 2005, 07:34   #47
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan walked up to the bust and read the nametag; 'Doctor Black'. There were a lot of similarities between Doctor Black, Master Black and the statue; one of them was that they were all stonecold. Ur_Quan chuckled at this silly play on words. He thought was rather clever, but then again, he wasn't known for sense of humour. Well, in a way he was, but as he'd have liked it.
Anyway, the bust looked rather heavy, perhaps someone used it as a murder weapon or maybe there was a hidden mechanism somewhere, you saw that a lot in this sort of old mansions, well in the movies anyway. He carefully examined the thing and tried touching it in various places. Then he heard someone from downstairs shout: "It was Flapjack with the Spanner!" What? Noooo!!! If anyone did it like that, it must've been that dreadful Evil Ginge!

Suggestion: Evil Ginge in the Hallway with the Spanner
Unread 1 Jan 2005, 14:06   #48
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

LH looked at wraith - now here was another suspect mincing around the mansion as if he was a lordy lordy rich type murder. He looked very sneak and shifty and whats more he had walked out of the billiards room in an evil "murderous" type way. and whats more he was dancing a merry jig!!!!!!!

Wraith in the Hallway with the candlestick

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2005, 16:43   #49
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Still being busy with the bust, Ur_Quan was able to look over the railing of the landing and saw Lady Hawk walk after Wraith. My... was that woman following everyone around? Was she that paranoid? Or was she perhaps just waiting for the right moment? Ur_Quan started to panic slightly; she was going to kill them all, just like she'd done with Master Black!! Probably at their very next meal which she would kindly prepare for them.

Suggestion: Lady Hawk in the Kitchen with Poison
Unread 1 Jan 2005, 19:28   #50
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Indeed indeed, adding them now

new card(s) found:
murder weapon - the candlestick
room - the landing