User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Nov 2006, 11:28   #1
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road
Gal defense fleets

I have been thinking how the steadily decreasing teamwork in gals could be improved.

My Idea is to make one of the fleets each planet can send out "gal only". Those fleets would then have to be used to help the galaxies and would therefore encourage people to defend as otherwise those fleets will get wasted. There wouldn't be any decision between helping your gal and helping your ally.

Now some allies will probably work around this by simply pairing their members in gal and letting them defend each other. Still i think some more camaderie could be the result. At least it worked in our gal this round where i set the rule that 1 fleet had to be reserved for gal purposes/running of fleets.

If that should be the one of the 3 fleets or maybe a 4th is another question. I've long been wishing for a 4th one but who hasn't. I'd merely like to strengthen gals and this would pull some of the defense back from alliance to gal level.
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 12:00   #2
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Gal defense fleets

Hmm. I don't like it. If one of my fleets is limited to galaxy use only, what do I do when my galaxy doesn't have incoming?

Furthermore, solo attacks will probably suffer because every planet in the target galaxy will definitely have a fleet home to defend with, which makes the game less fun for newbies who don't have access to alliance raids which cover whole galaxies (or people like me, who just don't want the hassle of alliance raids).
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 17:08   #3
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice
Re: Gal defense fleets

personally i m for a 4th fleet.. too many times i saw attack passed by when i had ships to send.. but no fleet to use.. and it would strenghten the galaxy defense.. the 4th fleet galaxy bound is a great idea.. and i support it..
3 fleet to use anyway you like and one galaxy bound.. i see no trouble with that.. ppls will still have the same number of ships.. how they spread them is another matter..

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote