User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 21 Sep 2005, 03:55   #1
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold
Negative score (XP) ?

Well, it seems the community wants more new players, jolt wants new players, well, how about this suggestion.

If say for eg, u attack some1 with less than 55% (or some logical amount) of value compared to u, u get negative xp. (not sure if this is possible) And, also, if say for eg, u attack some1 more than 3 times (by attack i mean actually land. Launch/recall/Launch is not counted) who is less than a certain percentage of ur value, you lose xp also. How does this sound?
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 10:32   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Negative score (XP) ?

I've mentioned this somewhere else a couple of times, most recently here. It doesn't really solve that many problems, though. I've been trying to think of ways of supporting new players more, but often this can cause stagnation. E.g. raising the bash limit from 40% to 50% or 60% of your own value. Many people attack smaller planets this round for ships as much as (or more than) roids and XP, as they know that the fleet is less likely to be run. It's not an easy thing to fix.
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 11:44   #3
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe there should be different bash limits based on score?
Say you are 1m you bash limit is hired to 50%
but if you where say 4m then it could be reduced to normal etc...
I think most bashing is done in and around the 600k value - 1.5m value tbh.
Just a thought as n00bs can reach a max of 200k value pretty sharpish but soon knocked down once they reach around this score.
I dunno how to put what I mean into words lol.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2005, 00:02   #4
OrionIII
Force Adept

OrionIII is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the idea for Negative Score, but im not sure what is meant by the suggestion details, maybe im just tired...

Id recommend removing the bash limit, and instead of the limit in its place insert the negative XP, you can attack ANYONE, but if you go to low, you will suffer from it.

For Game purposes it could be considered economics sanctions or something. In another game i have played, they had a 'club' you join and it 'prevents' others from attacking you below a certain % of your own score. You can still attack but you have to confirm you want to do so and you lose extra military assets by doing so, and your gains are MUCH less.

For PA, you could allow the bash limit to remain but rename it, to something more appropriate for the new set up.

Example: If the Current Bash Limit is say 40%(im not sure of the actual limit)

Enemy Score
%age of your own XP Gained/lost
10% 3% decrease
20% 2% decrease
30% 1% decrease
40% 0% Increase
50% 1% increase
60% 2% increase
70% 3% increase

obviously thats just an example, but it shows what i mean, the further down the barrel you go, the bigger score penalty you get.
Round 11 - Fusi0n HC / Coven Member / Coven Officer
Round 13 & 14 - Coven Officer
Round 15 - Insomnia
OrionIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 04:16   #5
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

orionIII , you re idea is interesting.. i , myself , was thinking about something like this

from 70%+ of your value, you get full experience, as that battle field is more or less even.
from 69-40% your value.. you get a penalty of 4% in score for each point below 70% value.. say you hit a 50%, you get (70-50 = 20 x 4% = 80% penalty to score gained (if 200 roid lost , you get only 20% of it score)

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 12:57   #6
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

Tbh i dont like that idea. i think setting a negative score idea simply wont work, and there are too many reasons why it's a bad idea for me to mention. It is a system that penalises everyone, but mostly those at the top.

It reduces the potential good targets for all players, and will only result in stagnation, as the pro/cons of attacking will not add up.
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 13:01   #7
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mind no XP given. For me, XP is a bonus. But landing is hard enough already, without the additional losses of score.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I think the system is fine.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 04:19   #8
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

the fact is, those at the top of the top score ladder are suppose to have big fleet that can easily overrun and , let be frank, kill a player at 40% their value. those against it are simply wanting easy target without taking any risk, even at the cost of having players quits! normally, a player attacking another at same value or higher get more benefit from xp and roiding than hitting one at the extreme low. beside both players at 2 million value should have about the same strenght and weakness, and since no one is fully cover from any form of attack, wanting to raid lower players should not even be considered!! still there s players saying they cant attacka player their value.. i say they re just to chicken to try.. so lets make it easy for them and remove anything they feel is preventing from roiding to death a player.. (defense, pre-launch, and the lower limit) so it become a purely offensive game, then let see how long the player base last! (that should be sarcastic enough to sink in a few players mind)

Unread 27 Oct 2005, 04:42   #9
Rick James
Pimp Mack Daddy

Rick James is infamous around these parts

Let me break it down for ya.

Planetarion is a proffessional game, i.e. people are willing to pay to play it.
It's more than just a hobby, people take it seriously. The one's that don't take it seriously and play just for fun shouldn't really care if they never see themselves on the top 100 list because frankly they wouldn't deserve to be there.

In my opinion anyone who is dedicated and active will always be noticed for being dedicated and active and will be invited to join bigger alliances because the bigger alliances want these kind of players, and these kinds of players are the reason why they are the bigger alliances.

Therefore, I personally don't see a need for any kind of Bash limit because the bash limit set's itself thus: people attack for one reason only and that is (guess twice) r0ids. So if youre a n00b and dont wana be bashed dont hoard roids, simple as that...
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 05:22   #10
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick James
Therefore, I personally don't see a need for any kind of Bash limit because the bash limit set's itself thus: people attack for one reason only and that is (guess twice) r0ids. So if youre a n00b and dont wana be bashed dont hoard roids, simple as that...
That is naive; i invite anyone who says otherwise to spend a round at the bottom of the table and see the crap that goes on.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 09:18   #11
rop1964
F Crew

rick james, you cant have a strong players base and a bashing attitude, they dont go together , one or the others have to give.. and if you represent the majority of players, then pa will die, out of bad reputation for being an uncaring game where the new players are unwelcome. planetarion was a fun game when i joined in, cause there was friendship, tactic and more or less respect. now it turn out completely to the opposite. the game became selfish, haughty and uncaring.. players dont want that in a game. i know players still undecided to join back, because guys like you are a problem.

Unread 27 Oct 2005, 17:53   #12
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick James
Well that's not right. I've attacked for reasons other than roids before. Granted getting roids is the most popular attack reason, but certainly not the only one. During R14 I attacked for ships. Obviously I would send pods along, but my roids were getting taken daily from me, whether I liked it or not. However I could move my ships out of the way of a large attack. So getting ships was my priority. My main concern was grabbing ships so I attacked a target for its fleet and cared little for how many roids they had. When I've been in bigger alliances wars, I attacked to have a massive battle several times. The amount of roids at a planet was insignificant after a while and it was about killing the other alliances fleet.

So you are suggesting that if people are getting bashed they don't get roids?!?! But that's going to make it boring for them and they will leave the game. So they have to sit around accumulating a fleet that will make sure they are a poor looking target? Part of the thrill of PA is attacking and defending and having their fleet sit idle, will only make them sit idle and become inactive and eventually leave.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2005, 10:39   #13
rop1964
F Crew

well, 10 days into r15.. and nothing change.. i m sick of pa player using 2x the fleet of smaller guys.. as they hit pklayers not equal or higher than they are.. but those a the lower end of the bash limit.. giving no chance for the new and weak player to grow.. i m sick of player of 300k , 400k 500k hitting 200k players.

most of those players are yellow, not daring to fail 1 attack, trying to kill, or steal ship/roids of players that cant defends themselves.. pa has become a game of bullying, intimidation and frustration..

and i know half my galaxy want to quit pa for good .. that 8 player out of 13.. i dont know if it means anything to you guys!! but i m saying this right now.. thing got to change.. fast!