User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 17 Feb 2008, 10:53   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Amps vs Dists atm not fair

ATM:
- You pay to build amps
- You pay to build distorters

- You pay to use amps (scans)
- You don't pay to use distorters (block scans)

I suggest:
- When you block a scan with your distorters it cost you the same as the scan type...
- If you don't have the res... the distorters don't work (same as if you don't have res, you can't scan).

Fair enough ?
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 11:05   #2
Turtle

Turtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura about
Re: Amps vs Dists atm not fair

so then I could get an alliance scanner to just scan a dist whore over and over to use up all his resources?
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 11:11   #3
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

do i have to point out how utterly abusable that is?

edit: oh man beaten by turtle

-Cead

Last edited by Ceadrath; 17 Feb 2008 at 11:19.
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 11:47   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

abusing dist whores... that would be an improvement in gameplay

Scanning a dist whore to dry his resources would cost as much to whoever try it... i don't see the abuse. And if you mean that team/ally work would overcome a solo player def... yes, that's how it should be.

Last edited by Makhil; 17 Feb 2008 at 11:54.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 12:00   #5
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

haha idea burnt to the ground due to sheer ignorance pointed out in the very first reply, nice
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 12:04   #6
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
Scanning a dist whore to dry his resources would cost as much to whoever try it...
Say hello to the alliance fund, that scanners can use to pay for ALL their scans. Oh shucks, I bet the alliance really really can't afford to spend, er, bugger all per player, to abuse this feature.
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 13:06   #7
Makhil

where does the alliance fund come from ? I find it an improvement if the money put together by alliances can be used to annoy the dist whores.
But I'm one of those (too few) people who think dist whoring is an abuse in itself.
Jerome I disagree with you, but I accept that dist whores would find it hard to swallow.
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 13:20   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Shit idea for reasons mentioned in the thread.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 13:25   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Christ this was a bad one
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 14:44   #10
Kenny

Makhil you're boring.
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 17:24   #11
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
where does the alliance fund come from ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I bet the alliance really really can't afford to spend, er, bugger all per player
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 19:29   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle
so then I could get an alliance scanner to just scan a dist whore over and over to use up all his resources?
Actually it's not even that complicated. Just get a randomer to sign up a free planet, build one amp and planet scan the distwhores whenever he's around. In fact you can then drain the resources of every single planet that builds more than one dist using this tactic.
Unread 5 Mar 2008, 12:23   #13
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Not to mention that amps already have other advantages over dists.

Dists let you fake and stop random small attacks, but unless you spend all your time and resources investing in them and thus massively cutting your income, alliances will have a scanner who can scan you anyway, thus reducing the effect of your distorters.

Whilst having a few amps lets you P, S, T, U, N, J, I, A a lot of people.

The advantages of each seem balanced IMO.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2008, 14:30   #14
csillag

csillag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle
It's a bit tiring to repeat eg. several times a P-scan or more expensive ones if the distwhore in question has loads of res.
anyway, amazing idea to warn distwhores of the upcoming attack...

- retired -
csillag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2008, 15:29   #15
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

of all the bad ideas...
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2008, 19:35   #16
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

wouldn't a small operating fee be a better suggestion then, for example 100*#dists each tick? Not that i like my own idea, i just think it's better than yours Makhil :P
Unread 19 Mar 2008, 19:54   #17
csillag

csillag is on a distinguished road

best detention for distwhores is visiting them with stks...

- retired -
csillag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2008, 20:47   #18
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light

I can see what you were thinking here, but i don't see it as something positive for the game.