User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 6 Dec 2007, 19:52   #1
bobthe

bobthe is infamous around these parts
nerf resource hacking

Covert Ops in general have bothered me greatly since it was added. Personally I feel that they have destroyed the game, but I realize not everyone feels that way. However, resource hacking is definitely too strong at the moment. There are days I don't gain any resources from my roids because it all gets cov-opped away. There are many ticks I actually LOSE resource since I get cov-opped more than I make. This is ****ing ridiculous! Seriously, how did this get approved? It's just a way for those players that can't do well to pick on those that can, pissing them off, or forcing them to waste resources building security centers or spending population on security. Is that what the intent was? To have a method to piss off players? Because I guarantee that no cov op player will ever get a good rank because of cov ops, so what's the point?

Covert Ops need removing, but since I doubt that will happen, resource hacking needs nerfing at least. You should never be able to take someone's entire ticks worth of resources. It should be capped at half that at best.

I've been in my preferences screen, ready to delete my account, on more than one occasion simply because I hate how covert ops has affected the game and I don't like playing with it included. I haven't yet, but if it doesn't change, one more player will be lost. It's a shame too, cause I like the multiple targetting that finally came back.
bobthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:09   #2
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future
Re: nerf resource hacking

pm me on irc for bobthe's co-ords, if ya want a good res hack target.

lol
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:12   #3
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

and the biggest knob on the planet award goes to.......

... nitina the back stabbing **** tard
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:13   #4
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Learn To Build God Damn Security Centres You Demo Retards.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:13   #5
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Security centers

They are there for a reason
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:14   #6
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Or just set security to 50% in population and it works fine..
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:17   #7
bobthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
Security centers

They are there for a reason

So, now someone can't build distorters seriously and be not extremely vulnerable to cov ops? That's rather absurd.
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:18   #8
bobthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
Or just set security to 50% in population and it works fine..

Doesn't do anything if you have feudalism
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:21   #9
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthe

GET SOME GOD DAMN SECURITY CENTRES YOU FEUDALISTIC RETARD.

^ fixed my own mistake!
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:22   #10
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
feudalism isn't the best pick if you're going serious dists, and want fast cons
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:22   #11
luckfalk

luckfalk is on a distinguished road

well thats not true. the bit about no co-oper ever getting a good rank. now my rank werent toally down to co-oping but playing as a scanner 1st and co-oper second i would get scans etc then get co-ops then to catch up with every1 else i would bank hack my way to a reasonable fleet wile being able to keep my roids low then i xpwhored to a half decent score i managed to get to the 150ish rank doing that 1 round. now on its own you cant get a massive score with co-ops, tho with the xp from scans and co-ops it does give you a nice steady xp climb, but if you use it in conjunction with other things it is great and getting your score up.

and 2 ways to keep you losses low dont stockpile all your recources the steal cap is at 10% of total so put your res into ships and keep them hidden in production that way your funds never build up that high and you dont loose much if you do get hacked and odds are none at all cos they will see there noting to steal so move onto the next target. the other option is to just build sec centers and put your pop into security
luckfalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:23   #12
Bbud2
Banned

Bbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really nice

nice when you get 3 bigger atacker that hit you and steal your roid to be able to at least give them a bash . slow them down if they want to play nicely.

i gues you are a nasty JA player to get cover op that much.
otherwiseyou shouldnt get cover op unless like you said hacking ressource.

past time many player asked for a way to get bak at big player attacking them . so in early game ou need stay quiet and not orce a user to push cover op , so he can blow few thing around you.

personaly i like if its made so you have 20% security and need to increase population to be impaired . force allied attacker to be more respectfull o other player.

ex.: got hit in cluster , by a gal , blew over 10 structure costing nearly 3 million to attacker and forcing them to set security higher . than left that round , since they trashed my account .
Bbud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:24   #13
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

First I thought this was a thread like "WEEE, look at me, I'm leet enough to be res hacked!!!, die all you cov op noobs!!"
But then I saw ur roidcount, and got confused.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:30   #14
bobthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mens
First I thought this was a thread like "WEEE, look at me, I'm leet enough to be res hacked!!!, die all you cov op noobs!!"
But then I saw ur roidcount, and got confused.

Thank you for pointing out the fact that I'm really not a big target. Sure, it allows small planets to get back at big planets in some way, but it also allows them to pick on pretty much *any* planet with complete or nearly complete obscurity. It sucks even more with my roidcount because if I get hacked while asleep, I can easily lose more resources than I gained for a few ticks. It sucks to have under 500 roids and wake up gaining half what you should have from an already low roidcount. How is this fair at all, security centers or not?
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:31   #15
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

to spice this up some more
<xxxxxx> lol, I res hacked that dude every third tick for a week I think
<xxxxxx> :P

pm me for the nick!
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:36   #16
bobthe

If he only hacked me every 3rd tick then he's not the only one at it.

Why not post his nick and coords in here? It seems that's become the standard.
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 21:46   #17
Bbud2
Banned

Bbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really nice

well i guess you should be able to find some player to retal .
can have my ship if you want (am tiny)

unless your a scanner , wich you would have a high security level in population i guess
Bbud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 22:17   #18
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
If he only hacked me every 3rd tick then he's not the only one at it.

Why not post his nick and coords in here? It seems that's become the standard.
because i like annoying you, you newbie.
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 23:17   #19
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No posting of co-ords please.
Unread 6 Dec 2007, 23:23   #20
XillveR
X markes the spot

XillveR is an unknown quantity at this point

so you want no cov opp.. it gives me xp and resources. you want to go build loads of distorters? be happy that cov oppers dont take them down.

cov op is good. they keep ppl sharp. so sec centers i would say.
R24 Orbit ToF HC
R25 Orbit member
R26-28 ToF HC
R29 Vengance member
R30-31 break
R32 Tides Of Vengance member
R33 ROCK member

XillveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2007, 00:09   #21
lenore
Coder/Fixer/Lover/Winnah

lenore has a spectacular aura aboutlenore has a spectacular aura about