User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 24 Nov 2007, 11:27   #1
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light
battle league

Sadly we have come to end of an era... there is no game in this scene, which would have some political interest, long lasting fights till exhaustion, or even enough developement to keep some changes and interest up.

PA is losing more and more interest
Pia has never had anything interesting
DoM been quiet for a good time
SpM and TC are on breaks (which are the best games on the scene atm)
SS has died
Abderus as a new generation aint gaining enough players to ever establish themselfs properly.
Bushatarion... well planting roots doesnt really fit the scene so well, but guess they would have interest on securing their player status also.

the simple fact is the generation that used to play these games are getting too old and have other priorities in their lives than these games. Also the new generation rather choose a visual and alive game rather than looking at black screen with some text, cant blame them really

Only way would be to unite the games with some live left to make it one big new game/battle field... such as dom planned with millys lead, a battle league.

The old games can be kept running, but there would be this one common battle field for all, which could have enough pr value also to get some old farts back and possibly a few new faces aswell.
Unread 24 Nov 2007, 16:10   #2
Bbud2
Banned

Bbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really nice
Re: battle league

second make that if i press esc the whole text wont disapear.
to make it short , tribal war is pretty instaled in the minute tick thing , realtime web page game, pa got the name the story, abderus , ******** ,
******** aint owned nicely , hc dont keep active admin around , and is made for lonely player , but got wreck having big pa player having admin and trying to control it , i guess.

maybe you make pa nicer for those that dont want to feed a ja that 10k km away and that sleep 8 whole hours whit a gf or what so ever and that dont ever reply to your e-mail.

like annoyed player should be able to trash a account to ruin a other player account , or by making hacking resource more ``good`` still thing should have the 3 tick attack whit a 15% cap per tick , would either make you get 1 tick or 3 , but you need stay longuer . A battleship shouldnt die vs fighter just because is to slow , little more like ******** would be nice , make it realistic.

folowing ppl shouldnt play
Lokken
Catwomen
randal
viao
ree
sid
sin
and a few more workshiper making it local allaince and would give a chance to player to hve some fun in makin some war of heyr own , not having to listen to some folower .

or just ban allaince eta and make the cluster allaince stay and stick em in same cluster same whit most new allaince owner . or just take a look at any abuse Ex. atack sent 5 min after you go to bed , if you can kill those .

to make it easy theyr 10k ppl or so playing , should have 1k ppl just pissing ppl off .
And making retal and stuff likethat.

most of the old ppl know what can hapen to a brain when theyr to many thing that arent working well. Make it fairwoul dbe a good thing , its the net the future they say , fair game is what should life be like , stop runing around starting game like ******** and getting your whole allaince over theyr when you own pa already , most of you dont value friendship , so make the game as it should .
I know you guy dont want so more belly and ppl 3 time biger than anybody, but i guess theyr bound to hapen , theyr around 100 ppl that get a near perfect start , 33% are exilition 15% f-crew 10% rock and stuff like that .

exi get other allaince to do bad work , use sneaky way , didnt had any ppl to fight them off.

anyway ya probly can understand , 3 tick is so when you get a good landing you will suck more roid out , and can still get outside defence for the other tick.

Attack all in third like ******** , i guess that i cannot see a 100 tons batleeship whit 40 gun , and probly the equipment that go whit it get hurt by 50 smal fighter whit 50 small gun . understad why its made as so, but should have 1k pod geting trew some ship , rock that is trowed at a wal canot brake it but if its trowed its probly going to hit it , or you find a way.

that was for pa

i lost the nice mafioso game , but she was getting bad whit man player buying theyr way trew.

TC and Spm i will look , if i can get the real name
i tryed ancient but that wasnt worth it .
Bushtarion is nice but i you get to high in the game you find some allaince that toy whit you round are a little bit to long , that whit i guess they make server for private round .

i guess most ppl sleep 8 hours , closing pc 15 min before sleep , a good addict can start it when he wake up , work 8 hours and got 1 hours lunch and a internet acces close of im , giving time to launch a raid or watch stuff.

Lasy ppl stay 17 hours in front theyr pc whit leave of 1-3 hours ,
some have sms , but i guess that is to pull fleet or help a team m8s ,
in end of round wich is still nice but over needed since should be needed in allaince war .... wich are mainly plan before it happen and arent really a matter of % of chance .

some small allaince i seen in past round ask for gal status obvious spying thecnic , usufull to find new good player and stop them from uniting and geting bigger .

I guess you get the point , btw still waiting for that mail of modarator to ge my old nick back .

Should be all good for the text aint expecting a reply , but as you know its pretty hard to start a game , brain blew a nuts when i jut had to take care of me house , a 25 ppl to attack , watch over allaince hc making theyr own way or otherwise they wont be in top 100 stuff like that can annoy a little , even if we all the same all want to win , just mean in go we trust , maybe your brain and yourself would be worth a little bit of hope.

even if big b make the nuts blow off from time to time .

N.B. saw that nice thing you guy made giving a few scan but to be able to play you got to be able to plan a liitle ahead and on your chanel , aint getting scan when you always need them .

so the only way to be a match you got to start around 5 account whit 1 scanner and 3 wariior and a defender , than just get enouh ship to make a big hole in one the 3 allaince that should cause problem , than hope they dont end tgv or what so ever after you.
Bbud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2007, 19:38   #3
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Who the **** is he anyways? CBAs alter ego?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2007, 19:40   #4
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

You mean you actually understood that post horn? I couldn't for the life of me...
Unread 24 Nov 2007, 20:05   #5
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

I understood Ave, but I can already imagine 1 argument why it probably will not work: CODING!

And for the subsequent post: WHAT???
Could you please try to compose a post in such an order that we can understand it? Would appreciate it!
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2007, 20:19   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

bbud2, i honestly don't get what you are on about, have you been hitting the weed again?
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 03:16   #7
Bbud2
Banned

Bbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
bbud2, i honestly don't get what you are on about, have you been hitting the weed again?
leaf and smal tung only , but aint using any system kinda got used to it .

been having the hope of geting a nice game since i first played a crappy game like myth and magic , before trying pa , before most of you joined
and speak abot alteer ego might be belly , but not cba ....... wich you might not know , unles he was a bot like chornox .

just tryed a load .Cant get past the contrustion and research pa , give whit population ist even better . :P cathar need a ba anti de wich can kill them at a efficient cost (as long as the whole ennemie fleet is emp ) mean fired after frigate co fi , but before de cr . i guees cathar engiener been woking at it for a while now ( big ship few powerfull canon ) get some salvage if they send a fleet that land i guess. last time made creator hours idear i said were most of the time to long so ................

and grrrr Am the first cathar in this none beta game , first to pay it to
to bad if you dunno me .had ask them to create a killer ship o i guess , the bw was the first step :P i guess roach could be rearege to make a better anti ba . last specie got enough troble whit theyr crappy stuff , dont need scorpion pissing them around whit the salvage

in conlcusion ffffsssssssssssss
first they made that game to have fun free to play and blabla , so coding , cant be as hard than makin window, since its only web page.
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 03:24   #8
Bbud2
Banned

might been a little cranky whit you allaince taxe ad lack of service when scan are requested , and defence going one way most time , getting roid at tick 88 isnt good either ,

btw still waiting tat silly cyborg type 6 to take my retirement in small house whit dsl server , 2pc , cs server , and few rtwpg .....

its world wide game , nobody understand other that much mem still got my , according your that much stupid picture for (quit) pa , made that for reevenge , and lokken especaly last one
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 04:32   #9
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Could someone translate these posts for me?
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 10:50   #10
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

i gave up trying to work out most of it.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 03:19   #11
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

will the Yeh translator work on bbuds posts?

worth a try?
I honestly tried to understand his first post.. but I failed.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 12:43   #12
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

im actually worried i can understand his post :/
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 14:21   #13
DanH

DanH is an unknown quantity at this point

As a returning player after a few years out i'd say it's now much harder to get involved in the community aspect of the game, i remember the days of good old cluster alliances or even parallels. even non allied players would find a channel which they could join and meet people. it didn't matter if you weren't one of the elite because half of the fun was aspiring to become one. This thing where you can give advanced orders to your fleet and constructions etc as well... when was that decided as a good idea? it all just seems to reduce the amount of interactivity and participation on the part of the player, I have good memories of waiting up until 4:55 to launch fleets and to arrange defence and if i couldn't be bothered that was cool because there were alliances and attacks going on in cluster that would cater for my needs, and i acknowledged that if i wasn't going to play as seriously then my ranking was obviously going to suffer and again that was fine.
I currently don't really see any incentive or avenue for a new player to get involved in the community side of the game. the ship and race stats are far more intimidating than previously, which coupled with the forums being quieter and less discussion as to what's the best roid fleet etc or best defense against this kind of attack then a new player could well find themselves through lack of knowledge/allies to educate them building and using a selection of entirely useless ships and gaining no fun through the game. of course they could spend hours pouring through the manuals but it hardly appeals to a mass audience. Sadly, i think to get mass numbers back you'd almost need to dumb the game down a bit.
DanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2007, 12:17   #14
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

every1 grew up and staying awake till 4:55am to launch a fleet became a luxury only the unemployed can afford :P
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2007, 15:35   #15
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

I still to this day think that our biggest downfall is the fact you need to pay for the game to actually do well, and its not because free accounts are unplayable, if my alliance would let me play with a free account, I could make it into the top 100. I only know of a few alliances that will still allow a free account, and those are ,generally speaking, not alliances that will give you the support you need to achieve a good ranking.

I have said it before and I will say it again, if we want more players coming in, we need to give players the ability to fully experience the game without paying for it. Our free rounds help a bit, but they just simply arent enough because they turn out to be the joke rounds that no one takes seriously.

I know this just leads to the underlying problem of Jolt, but this needs to be done if there is any hope PA surviving, otherwise, its just a sinking ship.

The other solution would probably be make another PA clone that is completely free, but I dont really see it succeeding until PA actually dies

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2007, 00:01   #16
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Unfortunatly running internet games isn't a costless activity. It didn't work six years ago and it doesn't work now.
Unread 4 Dec 2007, 03:10   #17
Bbud2
Banned

Talking Re: battle league

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Unfortunatly running internet games isn't a costless activity. It didn't work six years ago and it doesn't work now.
half of the player are lonely women that does'nt work (nice that a child can get what happening)

Last edited by furball; 4 Dec 2007 at 16:03. Reason: editing out fake quotes