User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 25 Oct 2007, 15:00   #51
hairypalms

hairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the rough
Re: New-Race

yes i agree furball the ability should either be there or its not, and not an on/off thing all ships except pods should have the ability.

and yes the idea to steal salvage is useless as nobody wants ships to die.

also resources stolen CANNOT! be taken on on the % of stockpiles for the reasons furball explained inactives being the target of the 6th race constantly, and other larger players can hide their resources tihs means that the race would have to steal the landing ticks worth of resources, but the race would need the same value in ships to land successfully as resources stolen. however im not sure how hard this would be to implement.

so yes furball i agree with you on all of your above views thank you for your contribution :-)
hairypalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2007, 15:05   #52
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think you came up with a great idea in post 17, I'm just running with it and making it something usable by the development team (rather than forcing them to work how how it should work).

Much better than the shitty idea of bringing back multi-class targetting.
Unread 26 Oct 2007, 02:13   #53
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I also don't like the idea of salvage stealing. Why should stealing resources be dependant on other ships dying? If a 6thRace fleet lands on a planet that runs its ships, why shouldn't they take some resources anyway.
The stealing salvage was in addtion to the resource stealing. It seems logical to me that a stealing res ship steal them whenever there is some 'flying' around. Other races attributes work in both attack and def, why would the attribute of a 6th race work only in attack... stealing extra salvage may be an answer.

I didn't disagree with the idea of stealing being an attribute for most of the ships (but ofc not all, as not all caths are emp, not all ziks are steal...).
Unread 26 Oct 2007, 17:15   #54
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The salvage attribute is for Etd, I'd much prefer to keep that exclusive to them. That way:

Terran: classic warships, strong armour but fires late
Cathaar: EMP ships
Xan: cloaking
Zikonean: steal enemy ships
Etraides: major salvage bonuses in battle
6th Race: steals the defending planet's resource income for that combat tick, according to the value of their ships surviving the battle (each ship can steal its own resource cost).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
(but ofc not all, as not all caths are emp, not all ziks are steal...).
True, but both races have 6+ ships with that ability.
Unread 27 Oct 2007, 06:59   #55
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
The salvage attribute is for Etd, I'd much prefer to keep that exclusive to them. That way:

Terran: classic warships, strong armour but fires late
Cathaar: EMP ships
Xan: cloaking
Zikonean: steal enemy ships
Etraides: major salvage bonuses in battle
That's where we disagree, the attribute for Etd is to be a Jack of All Trades... not salvage (+40%) because the Caths too have it (+20%).
I'd rather have salvage taken off those 2 races, and given to the 6th race, it would be more logical with their ability (stealing res) and it will allow them to have an attribute working in defense (as opposed to the current suggestion where their attribute works only in attack).