User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 1 May 2006, 22:10   #1
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough
Xp Calc

http://www.rock-alliance.org/public/xpcalc.php

I got bored this evening, although XP isnt as much of a benefit this round, its still nice to know not have to spend 3min working out how much your going to get due to the slightly more complex nature of the formula this round compared to last.

Its pretty basic at the moment, but i have a few ideas i may implement if i get bored again or have the time.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

edit: apprantly theres a bot on irc that does this, but meh, there are bots that give rank etc... but sandmans still gets used :P hehe

Next development i'll try and do is working out what score/value you need to attack to gain max XP cap.

also i little note, im only really doing this because ive got a placement starting in sept for my degree were ill be doing a lot of work with php, so im brushing up my knowledge, whilst hopefully giving a little something to the community

Last edited by DJet; 1 May 2006 at 22:20.
DJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2006, 01:20   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Xp Calc

Added to the Useful Links thread...

well done
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2006, 12:46   #3
Judder
ROCKer

Judder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to all

good man Ty DJ
Unread 2 May 2006, 18:05   #4
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

I like the effort. But tbh Applebane incorparated it into his calc aswell, which is much easier to use then Thruds, whcih to my knowledge was the only public calc which had XP.

Applebanes calc
Unread 2 May 2006, 18:56   #5
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

This forum needs a :illbuyyouabeernexttimeiseeyou: smiley, or at the very least a :hifive: one.
Unread 2 May 2006, 20:33   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

adding both to www.planetarion.com/community.php
Unread 2 May 2006, 22:30   #7
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Updates
Updated look to fit in more with ROCK site
Now automatically removes commas from score/value pasted from ingame
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 10:23   #8
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

Wasnt going to update it for this round, however as XP is more of an important factor again ive decided to work on it a little.

Updates
Updated for new XP formula for Round 18
Added a few lines that shows the XP being calculated, so that you can see how far off being maxed out your XP is for score and value and adjust your target accordingly
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 18:08   #9
murder

murder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to all

reset button is not working. Not a big deal but I'm sure you would like to know
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 19:33   #10
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

Thanks ill look into it. It works on the first use, ie before you've submitted anything, however after that it will only reset back to the value you submitted.

Perhaps ill do it in javascript, may work.

I have a few plans for it as well. In the future i hope to add, (comments welcome):

- Cookie storage of your co-ords then displays your planet stats(al la sandmans)
- From entering your co-ords page automatically inputs your planet details
- Perhaps instead of putting targets value/score in you put their co-ords in and it finds it for you?
- If you dont get maximum XP from a target it could produce statements like "The Value of your target is to low for you to gain maximum XP, try looking for a target with a value the same as or greater than XXX,XXX"