User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 09:07   #1
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future
Working/moving abroad

So I'm at a point in my life where I suddenly realised I don't have anything keeping me where I live. I grew up, went to school and college and work in the exact same city as where I was born. All my friends have girlfriends and I don't see them as much anymore as I did and I don't mean as much to them anymore as I did. I still go out with them but it's become more of a tradition every week than actually something I want to do, and let's face it, once they move in with their girlfriends they won't go out nearly as much anymore.
So I was thinking what it would be like to just move out of here and get a job abroad, preferably somewhere where they speak english since all my other language skills are shit. And I'd like it to be a country with good weather. I was thinking about the west coast of the US, but I understand that getting a green card is pure luck. And even if I would get one, what are the chances of getting a decent job with the diploma I got in Belgium? I'm 23 years old and have a (professional) Bachelor in Computer Sciences.

Does anybody have any experience with moving/working abroad? How much money would be needed to save before you go? Are there any other things I need to know?
At the moment it's not even something I thought through yet, just an idea that came up in my mind. But it's best to hear if it's possible/not possible at this stage than if I would start spending more and more thoughts about it and turning out to be a pipe dream.
Sharur is offline   Reply With Quote