User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 11 Jan 2003, 02:09   #1
TrinTara

TrinTara is an unknown quantity at this point
Playing the game the MadCows way

I’ve been reading these boards with some bemusement. It seems that many have forgotten the basics of what the game should be about, or at least what we as Cows think the game should be about – fun and community.

When round 8 died unexpectedly many people were disappointed but it was great to see emails start flying around as soon as word came out that a new round would happen. People were trying to see who would play and with who….in other words trying to set up galaxies with friends.

How to do this when the make-up or structure of the new galaxies was as yet unknown? Personally I’ve always quite enjoyed random galaxies and my best friends in the Planetarion community have come from being thrown into a galaxy with them and then getting to know them. Many people however prefer private galaxies.

If you take a short-term view, private galaxies give you the opportunity to play the game with people you know but you risk stagnating the community because people become too entrenched and safe with just the people they already know. If however you take the long-term view, random galaxies encourage community because they bring strangers together and expand the circle of community. MadCows take the long-term view since they are and always will be community oriented.

Our compromise for the round so that both the goals of our members (play with mates) and our goal (maintain a community) was achieved, was to create cells of friends so people were sure they had some mates with them and throw them out there into the universe of planetarion with ‘strangers’ from other alliances. This allowed us to be flexible enough to cope with whatever form the final galaxies took. It also allowed us to be excited and positive and encourage people to COME BACK and play.

Alliances should be about more than military aspects. YOU should hang your head in shame if you haven’t also created a positive atmosphere where people WANT to come back and play.

Trin
MadCows HC
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 02:14   #2
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
err?

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 02:16   #3
Akallabeth
Insomniac

Akallabeth is an unknown quantity at this point
game, set, match
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 02:19   #4
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Re: Playing the game the MadCows way

Quote:
Originally posted by TrinTara
Our compromise for the round so that both the goals of our members (play with mates) and our goal (maintain a community) was achieved, was to create cells of friends so people were sure they had some mates with them and throw them out there into the universe of planetarion with ‘strangers’ from other alliances.
They will make more friends if they are neutral with everyone and can join any gal they like(!).

Or was this too obvious?
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 02:28   #5
Stress
Resurected

Stress can only hope to improve
Re: Re: Playing the game the MadCows way

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
They will make more friends if they are neutral with everyone and can join any gal they like(!).

Or was this too obvious?
Winnar
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 02:39   #6
TrinTara

Quote:

Or was this too obvious?
hey great idea...now why didn't I think of that?

I mean it would work for......umm, maybe 72 hours till everyone came out of protection.

Trin
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 02:42   #7
Stress
Resurected

So u do not believe your alliance capable of defending theyr own members?
what happened to the 'communety' is first ?
you do not believe that your members still could get in galaxies that are capable of winning the round ?
U think Cows would be more targeted if they where neutral in the universe? and not located in galaxies that now will be taged from day 1 ?
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 02:53   #8
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
Even when we loose the enemy is shocked!

I say M0000000000000 to the community!
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 02:54   #9
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Stress
you do not believe that your members still could get in galaxies that are capable of winning the round ?
U think Cows would be more targeted if they where neutral in the universe? and not located in galaxies that now will be taged from day 1 ?
our alliance is quite capable of defending our members where ever did you think otherwise or did xanadu tfd defend all your ely members in round 6?

our communety is first and we have positioned ourselves in a spot to maximise the fun for our members

define winning the round in a fence sitting galaxy ? our members are quite able to get there own galaxys if we so choose to sit here and play a cultivation game.

Scared Stress, cuz you sure sound like you want us to go netrual

no offence to ely i was there for a fun but brief stint and i still have a few friendhips left there.

but we are not in a sim-farm game playing it over the net we're in a sim-war game so we enabled our members to recive and Give action.
sorry if it dident suit what you had planned for cows this round.
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 02:54   #10
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Community is a bad excuse for being ****e, besides FAnG already used up that excuse.

Any good alliance should be able to combine the both to ensure success, people want to have fun and also have a good planet.
The one contributes to the other, and you will see that 'all' top alliances have found a way to have both community and military coexisting in their ranks, its the only way to win.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 02:55   #11
TrinTara

Quote:
how you leaped to this conclusion I have no idea. Cows are more than capable of defending their own..and do :-)

Quote:
What happened to it in your mind? I see nothing so far to suggest its gone anywhere.

Quote:
Again, a leap of logic that has nothing to do with what has been posted so far. Explain please.

Quote:
I doubt they will be more targetted than last round when they were neutral.

Trin
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:00   #12
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Community is a bad excuse for being ****e, besides FAnG already used up that excuse.

Any good alliance should be able to combine the both to ensure success, people want to have fun and also have a good planet.
The one contributes to the other, and you will see that 'all' top alliances have found a way to have both community and military coexisting in their ranks, its the only way to win.

Thanks for your opinion on my alliance duely noted and stored in my round fileing bin with the other white paper balls.

you want a proud to be thread or somehting, this aint it so anyway if we were a ****e alliance we wouldent have any good members who are enjoying there time there.
ta-ta
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:02   #13
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Playing the game the MadCows way

Quote:
I’ve been reading these boards with some bemusement. It seems that many have forgotten the basics of what the game should be about, or at least what we as Cows think the game should be about – fun and community.

When round 8 died unexpectedly many people were disappointed but it was great to see emails start flying around as soon as word came out that a new round would happen. People were trying to see who would play and with who….in other words trying to set up galaxies with friends.

How to do this when the make-up or structure of the new galaxies was as yet unknown? Personally I’ve always quite enjoyed random galaxies and my best friends in the Planetarion community have come from being thrown into a galaxy with them and then getting to know them. Many people however prefer private galaxies.

If you take a short-term view, private galaxies give you the opportunity to play the game with people you know but you risk stagnating the community because people become too entrenched and safe with just the people they already know. If however you take the long-term view, random galaxies encourage community because they bring strangers together and expand the circle of community. MadCows take the long-term view since they are and always will be community oriented.

Our compromise for the round so that both the goals of our members (play with mates) and our goal (maintain a community) was achieved, was to create cells of friends so people were sure they had some mates with them and throw them out there into the universe of planetarion with ‘strangers’ from other alliances. This allowed us to be flexible enough to cope with whatever form the final galaxies took. It also allowed us to be excited and positive and encourage people to COME BACK and play.

Alliances should be about more than military aspects. YOU should hang your head in shame if you haven’t also created a positive atmosphere where people WANT to come back and play.

Trin
MadCows HC
You just keep telling yourself that when they whip out the anal-cacti and you should be all right.

Jester
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:04   #14
Stress
Resurected

Quote:
how you leaped to this conclusion I have no idea. Cows are more than capable of defending their own..and do :-)

What happened to it in your mind? I see nothing so far to suggest its gone anywhere.

Again, a leap of logic that has nothing to do with what has been posted so far. Explain please.

I doubt they will be more targetted than last round when they were neutral.

Trin
1. then why would it only last 72 hours ?
2. redusing the possible galaxy mates that your members have, is 'communety freidndly' ? and widens your communetys options ?
3, result of A +B (and the reasoning u pay to win)
4. to be seen. allthough i would say u are wrong.
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:06   #15
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

as much as I'd love to . not stay up and watch this thread develop as everyone comes out of there cave to see the new thread walking on the bridge.

I've got a appointment in the morning which means i need some sleep so lets keep a posivitive note, this was a posivitive thread
simply stateing how we play so lets see how it develops after i'm done later.
play nice or the wabbit will eat you
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:07   #16
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
you want a proud to be thread or somehting, this aint it so anyway if we were a ****e alliance we wouldent have any good members who are enjoying there time there.
ta-ta
Oh I can see this is not a proud to be 'thread or someting', this looks way more like a 'look at us we rock thread or something'.
And besides, I was merely pointing out the obvious, but this time in a correct way, without the self-backpat manouvre and some additional information.

*pouts lip, exhales and moves index finger over lip in repetative manner*
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:07   #17
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Re: Playing the game the MadCows way

Quote:
hey great idea...now why didn't I think of that?

I mean it would work for......umm, maybe 72 hours till everyone came out of protection.

Trin
So they only work effectively as flak if they're allied officially?
Gotcha.
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:08   #18
Stress
Resurected

Quote:

Scared Stress, cuz you sure sound like you want us to go netrual

no offence to ely i was there for a fun but brief stint and i still have a few friendhips left there.

but we are not in a sim-farm game playing it over the net we're in a sim-war game so we enabled our members to recive and Give action.
sorry if it dident suit what you had planned for cows this round.
Na i ws actually hoping for a more open game this round, as I saw the oppertunety to do this. If some of the old minds would have ben able to think in those directions. Scared, hardly. And why would I be ? it there was no'one to fight, there would not be a game. Dissapointed yes, I honestly expected more from cows. It might just be that my respect four you was a total miss judgement though. and If that is the case i apologoze hor holding cows in a so high oppinion.
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:10   #19
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
I’ve been around long enough to have dwelled in one or two of the former major alliances, but when it comes to the community, the crazy-cows are, as far as I know, until now, special!

When the fat lady has song the last pa song, I believe that the famous m000000, will be even more recognised then the oooomph (or whatever) of bt.

I also believe that the madcows will prove to be a major military force in r9 , and I will not be surprised if the almighty tag of madcows will rule the nr one galaxy of the forthcoming round.

Let the fun begin!!

M00000000000000!
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:11   #20
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Na i ws actually hoping for a more open game this round, as I saw the oppertunety to do this. If some of the old minds would have ben able to think in those directions. Scared, hardly. And why would I be ? it there was no'one to fight, there would not be a game. Dissapointed yes, I honestly expected more from cows. It might just be that my respect four you was a total miss judgement though. and If that is the case i apologoze hor holding cows in a so high oppinion.

=-reply in morning=-
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:14   #21
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
=-reply in morning=-
You smell of p00! :P
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:14   #22
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Originally posted by Treveler
I’ve been around long enough to have dwelled in one or two of the former major alliances, but when it comes to the community, the crazy-cows are, as far as I know, until now, special!

When the fat lady has song the last pa song, I believe that the famous m000000, will be even more recognised then the oooomph (or whatever) of bt.

I also believe that the madcows will prove to be a major military force in r9 , and I will not be surprised if the almighty tag of madcows will rule the nr one galaxy of the forthcoming round.

Let the fun begin!!

M00000000000000!
BEHOLD!! The next generation.

So this is what the parents of generation X must've felt like
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:23   #23
Treveler

Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
BEHOLD!! The next generation.

So this is what the parents of generation X must've felt like
As far as my parents are concerned they feel (and have for a long time) just fine. I am, unlike you, posting my opinion. If you feel like contribute to this discussion in a constructive manor, please do. If not, at least keep the lovely captain Picard out of this!
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:26   #24
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Like any animal, madcows always feel nervous when things like this start appearing.
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:32   #25
Treveler

Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
Like any animal, madcows always feel nervous when things like this start appearing.
If any animal group wouldn’t be nervous, they wouldn’t exist. It’s quite simple. I’m nervous as hell, but htats mostly because I have a huge hangover!
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:35   #26
TrinTara

Quote:
Originally posted by Jester667
You just keep telling yourself that when they whip out the anal-cacti and you should be all right.

Jester
Since I have no idea at all what you are talking about, I guess I'll just have to presume your experiences in anal whatever are far more extensive than mine and leave it at that.

Trin
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:41   #27
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
If any animal group wouldn’t be nervous, they wouldn’t exist. It’s quite simple. I’m nervous as hell, but htats mostly because I have a huge hangover! :D
Perhaps this is a little bit closer to the mark then
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:44   #28
Black Knight
Mistu Member

Black Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
Ello Lok...

If your searching for a mark.. I believe your off target Wrong species.

Surely you know what a cow looks like.
BK
R1: 45:21 - No alliance.
R2: Did not play.
R3: 40:23:3 - DAG -> TSU -> ApC & HG
R4: 15:5:4 - ApC & HG HC (Joined Madcows Community)
R5: 37:4:6 (mad1) - BlueTubas
R6: 7:16:4 (mad1) - Deus Ex Machina DC
R7: 28:3:3 - Wrath DC
R8: c61 (3 exiles) - Madcows HC
R9: 36:10:4 - Madcows HC
R9.5: 28:3:1 - Madcows Defense Exec
R10: Did not play.
R11: x:x:x - Mistu
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:45   #29
Treveler

Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
Perhaps this is a little bit closer to the mark then
Maybe if it said ooomph? Like the nothing but the “big bobble alliance.......”
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:50   #30
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Re: Playing the game the MadCows way

Quote:
Since I have no idea at all what you are talking about, I guess I'll just have to presume your experiences in anal whatever are far more extensive than mine and leave it at that.

Trin
He is more experienced, but then you possess intelligence to understand the meaning.

You should do at least, I know you do.

Perhaps you are wearing blinkers.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:51   #31
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough
i am too tired to read all :P

m00

zZz
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:51   #32
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Every alliance has members who say that their alliance is the best community wise, which is why Titans never bothered to try and push the community side of things, even though ours was superb.

As Parra said, successful alliances generally combine community with results and there is nothing to support the argument that having crap planets, in fact, improves the community of the alliance.

Personally I think MadCows may be more community focused than, say, Olympians, as they will put up with people with small planets, perhaps more so than Olympians, if they are part of the community. But that in no way means that MadCows has a better community than Olympians.

MadCows have, however, never, as far as I know, been targetted by any formiddable force, so round 9 should be a decent test for their command and members. I also think MadCows have enjoyed their time as a 'background' alliance, no offence intended, and should be given the chance to play a major part in the outcome of the round.

MadCows may step up and be a worthy member of the VOM block, or they main remain community focused and not worry for success so much, which may have a negative effect on the whole of the VOM block. All of which remains to be seen.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:53   #33
TrinTara

Re: Re: Re: Re: Playing the game the MadCows way

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
He is more experienced, but then you possess intelligence to understand the meaning.

You should do at least, I know you do.

Perhaps you are wearing blinkers.
hey Zhil! nice to hear from you

Trin

PS: horses wear blinkers.....we're cows
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:53   #34
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Well said Scouse

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 05:39   #35
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Why would their galaxies be tagged from day 1?

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 07:20   #36
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Na i ws actually hoping for a more open game this round, as I saw the oppertunety to do this...
Stress, dont keep it in ur mind then, come talk to us about it.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 10:12   #37
Patrician
Sultan of Swing

Patrician is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Maybe if it said ooomph? Like the nothing but the “big bobble alliance.......”
WTF is ooomph?

BlueTuba
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 10:38   #38
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrician
WTF is ooomph?
Its a stuttered Ooooomph!
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 11:24   #39
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
If this is about opinions and stuff, can I post my opinion that I think MadCows are **** for jumping into a block?

The hypocrisy of making a post about "community" from an HC of an alliance that's part of a block, the first block of round 9. A block that is forcing others to do the same, thus destroying any hope (yet again) for a fair round is utterly astounding.

"Hi look at me, I want to detract some attention away from that so I'm going to talk **** a bit about something else".

****, you're all ****.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 11:27   #40
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Forcing others to block...ur about the only representative from an alliance that can actually say that. We have been in discussions with most and they all had a 3 alliance or more setup in mind.

Unread 11 Jan 2003, 11:37   #41
Patrician
Sultan of Swing

Patrician is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
If this is about opinions and stuff, can I post my opinion that I think MadCows are **** for jumping into a block?

The hypocrisy of making a post about "community" from an HC of an alliance that's part of a block, the first block of round 9. A block that is forcing others to do the same, thus destroying any hope (yet again) for a fair round is utterly astounding.

"Hi look at me, I want to detract some attention away from that so I'm going to talk **** a bit about something else".

****, you're all ****.
Agreed.

Its all very amusing, that the traditional stagnating alliances have left the game, only to be replaced by relative upstarts doing exactly the same thing. Tis a sad reflection on the mentality of PA players, which has seemingly been cemented in place - blocking the way to 'new' avenues of alliance politics which could breathe fresh enjoyment into the game.

As for this thread, FaNG mk2 anyone?

Quote:

Aye - the day Virgin cola replaces 'The Real Thing'.

BlueTuba

Last edited by Patrician; 11 Jan 2003 at 11:45.
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 11:46   #42
RooKie
Boy without a toy

What did u expect then, alliances going alone?

Unread 11 Jan 2003, 11:47   #43
Treveler

Quote:
WTF is ooomph?
I’m sorry, but I can’t play the tuba like you guys!
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 11:54   #44
Treveler

Quote:

Aye - the day Virgin cola replaces 'The Real Thing'.
You funny boy!
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 11:57   #45
Treveler

Quote:
Originally posted by Petru

****, you're all ****.
What never stops to amuse me is the fact that some still believe that there will be a none blocking round. At least the way most define a block these days.
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 12:16   #46
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
I really don't understand how any private gal will be "good for the community". Good for the community as i term it died when the introduced private gals, it means no new blood is goin to be allowed into a private gal and therefore no new blood is goin to be taught the ropes on how to play the game and introducing new players and not only that introducing new players to a new community. All this bs about doing both is just rubbish cause it will never happen unless MadCows is willing to let pure new ppl into their galaxies which i dun see happenning in the near future.

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 13:19   #47
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
No, just for some alliances to have more balls than is being currently displayed.

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 13:23   #48
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
My lads went solo for a round, what's the big deal?

If you want to win so much you'll willingly **** up the round to do it, prove you've got the abilities and DO IT ALONE.

Stop being so fking **** and grouping up in massive numbers, forcing others to do the same and taking the round down yet another lane of block wars.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 13:27   #49
Lord_Dain

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our compromise for the round so that both the goals of our members (play with mates) and our goal (maintain a community) was achieved, was to create cells of friends so people were sure they had some mates with them and throw them out there into the universe of planetarion with ‘strangers’ from other alliances.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Or was this too obvious?
It's obvious you have to learn to read posts before you make stupid comments/ post replies to them.

Madcows 2 goals; play with mates, maintain a community.

Your witty reply:

"they will make more firends if they are neutral with everyone and join any gal they like!!"

Totally out of context and nothing to do with their 2 goals!

Dummy!
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 13:33   #50
Lord_Dain

Quote:
1. then why would it only last 72 hours ?
2. redusing the possible galaxy mates that your members have, is 'communety freidndly' ? and widens your communetys options ?
3, result of A +B (and the reasoning u pay to win)
4. to be seen. allthough i would say u are wrong.
1. Are you stupid? It's much harder for someone in a random gal to get defense than if you are in a organised priv. gal. You as ELY should know that, being in your powerblock gals.

2. Like he posted (learn to read, nitwit) they had 2 goals and PA is a WAR game; again, you should know, but then again Ely has a ****e community right?

3. Stress, your posts are desperate attempts to.. to.. what??

4. Your entitled to your opinion... ho ho ho ho