User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Jul 2004, 08:35   #51
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: So many fools...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
PA in the "a little too little a little to late" non shocker,

Happens every round - well done 1up for bluffing the majority of the universe.
What the hell are you talking about Rumad?

I'm not sure why everyone is moaning to be honest. This is by far the most entertaining PA has been after this many ticks. The standard PA round would now consist of the top 2/3 alliances smacking the same gals every night and beating the, already asswhupped, losing block into the ground and would be plagued by people coming on here saying "blocking sucks, I quit".

From my point of view the round still is hugely entertaining with attacks landing and incoming of an enormous scale. This is exactly what PA is about and I fail to see why anybody could possibly moan about things becoming more enjoyable.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 09:15   #52
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
What the hell are you talking about Rumad?

I'm not sure why everyone is moaning to be honest. This is by far the most entertaining PA has been after this many ticks. The standard PA round would now consist of the top 2/3 alliances smacking the same gals every night and beating the, already asswhupped, losing block into the ground and would be plagued by people coming on here saying "blocking sucks, I quit".

From my point of view the round still is hugely entertaining with attacks landing and incoming of an enormous scale. This is exactly what PA is about and I fail to see why anybody could possibly moan about things becoming more enjoyable.
Wel if you say so.

I have done nohng but congratulate you, but I guess you can take that as a insult or as a compliment.

You won, too little was done to limit your growth and you strengthened your position. You managed to convince everyone for the majority you weren't "evil" and that you played pa how it should have been played.

The reality is that by eliminating blocks you eliminated your biggst competitors. You divided and conquered and that deserves congratulating, but at the end of the ay PA HC's and players were there own worst enemies by allowing that to happen.

Same sh!t different day.

Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 26 Jul 2004 at 10:54.
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 10:26   #53
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with mazzelaar, by now, last round, FPMW were untouchable. ND were in a war with them but we didn't actually stand a chance, I think we were just trying to be annoying assholes

By now, if the other alliances concentrated on 1up gals (even without co-operating with each other, just hitting them themselves), for long enough, and well enough, then I'm sure we could see 1up's growth being stonewalled atleast :/
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 10:32   #54
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Wel if you say so.

I have done nohng but cngratulate you, but I guessyou can take that as a insult or as a compliment.

You won, too little was done to limit yur growth and you strengthened your position. You managed to convince everyone for the majority you weren't "evil" and that you played pa how it should have been played.

The reality is that by eliminating blocks you eliminated your biggst competitors. Yu divided and conquered and that deserves congratulating, but at the end of the ay PA HC's and players wee there own worst enemies by allowing that to happen.

Same sh!t different day.
Rumad gets a gold star.
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 10:33   #55
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road

Quote:

The reality is that by eliminating blocks you eliminated your biggst competitors. Yu divided and conquered and that deserves congratulating, but at the end of the ay PA HC's and players wee there own worst enemies by allowing that to happen.

Same sh!t different day.

I still dont understand what you are saying, werent FanG/Mistu the "team" last round, and very early in this round they were attacking together against 1up. Also had blocks been involved at the start of the round, 1up would also of had a block of their own to compete on a level playing field. Of course though blocking means not just estimating your own strength but your enemies strength too, in order to try and achieve "even" blocks, which we all know never happens anyway.
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 10:50   #56
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game'
I still dont understand what you are saying, werent FanG/Mistu the "team" last round, and very early in this round they were attacking together against 1up. Also had blocks been involved at the start of the round, 1up would also of had a block of their own to compete on a level playing field. Of course though blocking means not just estimating your own strength but your enemies strength too, in order to try and achieve "even" blocks, which we all know never happens anyway.
FAnG/MISTU were never a serious competing block. FAnG lost too many members for that to happen.

I don't dispute your logic or the tactics used, but every round people hesitate or worry and end up missing the correct or appropriate action. There was a point where 1up could have been dragged back, but lethargy and inept strategic decisions striked again.

As I say don't get to uppity I have congratulated you after all, but just would have been nice to see some variance from previous rounds. A few aliances get the upper hand, no one does anything constructive to try and peg them back, we end up with a no better position than any of the other blocked rounds.

As I say don't take this the wrong way you had to win it, but at the end of the day not enough was done to make the journey harder and rougher than the ride you actually got.
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 26 Jul 2004 at 11:00.
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 10:52   #57
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
His point is - that the mentality seeded by 1up resulted in an insufficient response to the 1up threat (a sufficient one being to bomb them out early) and that any formed because of this mentality was inadequate

I for one fail to understand why people blame the idea of blocking, rather than individuals who abuse it and create crap rounds simply because they don't want to lose..
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 10:58   #58
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
His point is - that the mentality seeded by 1up resulted in an insufficient response to the 1up threat (a sufficient one being to bomb them out early) and that any formed because of this mentality was inadequate

I for one fail to understand why people blame the idea of blocking, rather than individuals who abuse it and create crap rounds simply because they don't want to lose..
I got the god star, but totally and utterly correct - now all we will hear is bitching about how ppl have no chance and the trolls from 1up saying how great they are when yet again incorrect decisions and disinformation handed them there win on a silver platter. Shame really.

To shaithness - I seriously doubt anyone has the activity or ability or ships to peg them back now. Thats where the little too little a little too late comes in
Proud to be Independent
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 11:17   #59
Game'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken

Mistu attempted from very early to take on 1up, and have carried on throughout the round.
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 11:19   #60
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Mistu attempted from very early to take on 1up, and have carried on throughout the round.
Yep, but size comparison very early on was quite large which you cannot deny.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 11:37   #61
Game'

Quote:
Yep, but size comparison very early on was quite large which you cannot deny.
Given the fact that basicially every alliance was getting incoming from everyone on random galaxy targets, concentrated incoming from one alliance could of done alot of damage, had it of been done in a more organised fashion. Mistu made their mistake in picking out 2-3 "key" galaxies and constantly hitting them, leaving the others to grow.
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 11:47   #62
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i'm wondering about rumad's superb great social life......

dude if you have it, don't keep posting on here and boring us when you don't have that much information really...

this round can still go ANY way... and i doubt anyone in 1up thinks we've actually won yet..considering the amount of roids we loose on quite a regular basis...

i've never been in an alliance that lost (and won) this much at this stage of the game.

after posting these few sentences i'm actually wondering why the f*ck i'm really bothering with people on AD......... heh:S /me quits again
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 12:00   #63
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithess
I agree with mazzelaar, by now, last round, FPMW were untouchable. ND were in a war with them but we didn't actually stand a chance, I think we were just trying to be annoying assholes

By now, if the other alliances concentrated on 1up gals (even without co-operating with each other, just hitting them themselves), for long enough, and well enough, then I'm sure we could see 1up's growth being stonewalled atleast :/
at this point last round we weren't allied with WP (fang never was, phraktos was) and by this time phraktos decided to die on us aswell.

To Cayl, solo rounds do idd show what an alliance is made up for in most of the cases. For other alliances it's a ticket to a dead and boring round. Those are the disadvantages of alliances having grudges against you winning last round and the fact that most members had no real goal left in PA or left because we didn't directly hit 1up (hi Ronin, and his group of old Legion).

Also Cayl, I played last round, whoever did, knew that LCH would have a large amount of the Elysium members. And eventhough I dispite that alliance, they had some good players. I for one knew what LCH was capable of this round.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 12:02   #64
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
FAnG/MISTU were never a serious competing block. FAnG lost too many members for that to happen.

I don't dispute your logic or the tactics used, but every round people hesitate or worry and end up missing the correct or appropriate action. There was a point where 1up could have been dragged back, but lethargy and inept strategic decisions striked again.

As I say don't get to uppity I have congratulated you after all, but just would have been nice to see some variance from previous rounds. A few aliances get the upper hand, no one does anything constructive to try and peg them back, we end up with a no better position than any of the other blocked rounds.

As I say don't take this the wrong way you had to win it, but at the end of the day not enough was done to make the journey harder and rougher than the ride you actually got.
correction ... FAnG and MISTU never were a block, allies or napped this round. I explained the situation weeks ago in another thread.

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 Jul 2004, 12:03   #65
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
i'm wondering about rumad's superb great social life......

dude if you have it, don't keep posting on here and boring us when you don't have that much information really...

this round can still go ANY way... and i doubt anyone in 1up thinks we've actually won yet..considering the amount of roids we loose on quite a regular basis...

i've never been in an alliance that lost (and won) this much at this stage of the game.

after posting these few sentences i'm actually wondering why the f*ck i'm really bothering with people on AD......... heh:S /me quits again
I post while at work and play while at work.

As for still going either way I really doubt that now. A few weeks ago that was all well and possible, but not now.

As for me not having a clue, I still have mates wh play seriously, I still have my old network of friends wh pass me info and i stil play. I know wha know and its enough to be fairly correct apart from occasionally wil try and "stir things up" but thats all part of posting here isn't it?

But your allowed your point of view cyphie just as I am allowed mine . I could make a obnoxious comment about you always quitting, but that would just be a cheap shot so wont saying your a mate, but just remember AD for anyone playing with knowledge or a view or experience of dealing with situations, not just the select few who think they should have their own way

Whatever you thn of me, my posts or my content at the end of the day discussion is what makes AD fun, not just some mindless trolling saying yu suck or you have no right to post. Think about that
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 26 Jul 2004 at 12:08.
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 13:22   #66
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

me always quitting?:S hmmmm that's funny seeing as i know my history of rankings...:S unlike you then:/
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 13:56   #67
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
correction ... FAnG and MISTU never were a block, allies or napped this round. I explained the situation weeks ago in another thread.
The point stands though. Simply you aren't any serious threat to 1up because of the mini collapse. Whether you were or weren't allied is a mute point saying both you and mistu were hit hardest at the start.
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 26 Jul 2004 at 15:18.
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 15:14   #68
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
The point stands though. Simply you aren't any serious threat to 1up becuase f the mini collapse. Whether you were or eren't allied is a mute point saying bth yu and mistu were hit hardest at the start,
you can call it a big collapse, if it were mini we'd still have been at the top. Yes I agree that we probably got hit hardest of all alliances at the start of this round. It was a stupid call to attack 1up from the start cause we already had too much enemies who wanted some petty revenge. Pity I was on holiday during that week because things would have been different if some pple had listened to me.

We never were a serious threat to anyone this round. It's really sad, but the truth and no point in trying to make up excuses like alot alliances did last round or the rounds before. IF FAnG plays next round, atleast we can't do worse ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 Jul 2004, 15:22   #69
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
you can call it a big collapse, if it were mini we'd still have been at the top. Yes I agree that we probably got hit hardest of all alliances at the start of this round. It was a stupid call to attack 1up from the start cause we already had too much enemies who wanted some petty revenge. Pity I was on holiday during that week because things would have been different if some pple had listened to me.

We never were a serious threat to anyone this round. It's really sad, but the truth and no point in trying to make up excuses like alot alliances did last round or the rounds before. IF FAnG plays next round, atleast we can't do worse ...
Fair comment - I would sa if it was a big collapse it wuld have been on a par with 2 rounds ago though and to be fair ths colase is very similar to round 8 wen players started leaving so woud class it as a mini collapse (things went tits u but at least yu don't have to start from scratch).

I hope FAnG does continue playing though - its been a big part of my playing career and and is a big part of the PA community.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 15:44   #70
Shaithess

Would anyone mind explaining exactly what happened to FAnG for me? I missed the first few days, and then I missed another two weeks as I went on vacation (which is one excuse as to why my planet sucks this round )
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 15:51   #71
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Would anyone mind explaining exactly what happened to FAnG for me? I missed the first few days, and then I missed another two weeks as I went on vacation (which is one excuse as to why my planet sucks this round )
FAnG decided to target 1up, 1up hit them hard, 30 or so members left leaving FAnG with a huge hole.

FAnG sort of did ok, but loosing those members put pay to finishing significantly highly in the rankings.

Thats it in a nutshell really.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 16:00   #72
Shaithess

Members left when the going got tough?
Good riddance then, IMO...

Just wondering though; were FAnG hit hard from the beginning of the round by others as well as a way of releasing pent up anger from PaX.5? I had a feeling that perhaps FAnG would get ****ed this round, and by becoming so unpopular in PaX.5 in order to win, would end up taking a huge blow in this round. Perhaps ensuring they never win a round again...
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 16:47   #73
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I got the god star, but totally and utterly correct - now all we will hear is bitching about how ppl have no chance and the trolls from 1up saying how great they are when yet again incorrect decisions and disinformation handed them there win on a silver platter. Shame really.
If you are so sure that 1up has won, can you please tell that to the alliances that keep attacking us every night, so they can give up and we can all get some sleep?

tbh, the only person complaining that theres "no chance" is you. And, as far as I know, you aren't playing this round, and are not either a HC or even member of any of the alliances still playing an active political role. You might decide that this is the point of the round to throw your toys out of the pram and start crying, other people are just playing the game.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 17:12   #74
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Members left when the going got tough?
Good riddance then, IMO...

Just wondering though; were FAnG hit hard from the beginning of the round by others as well as a way of releasing pent up anger from PaX.5? I had a feeling that perhaps FAnG would get ****ed this round, and by becoming so unpopular in PaX.5 in order to win, would end up taking a huge blow in this round. Perhaps ensuring they never win a round again...
last round we had only a few loyal players, most were mercanies and pple who currently play in top alliances. Last round it worked out great cause a player only playing for roids and personal score stays in the winning team. This round, we got hit, pple figured they might lose a few rocks, so ran to LCH (and some to 1up and mistu).

Another load of pple left cause they joined to cnut 1up. Since fang was unable to hit 1up, they decided to jump to another alliance who can. Again, there's no loyalty to be found there either.

When things go well, then it's easy to run an alliance. Because even the biggest and most selfish morons in your alliance will stay and occasionally send a few ships for defence. When it gets though, you'll see that kinda pple run to the next best alliance. No doubt will they leave again if that alliance ever has a difficult time.

And yes, the anti 10.5 feelings, seems revenge is still a reason for motivation to play.

On a sidenote, not to take away any credits to 1up, but they weren't the cause of our implosion. They were just triggered what I suspected was gonna happen real soon nway. It's like building a huge house on dry wood, surrounding it with extra flammable stuff and then ask a smoker for tea party ... No wonder it'd burn down.

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 Jul 2004, 23:42   #75
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Stop debating other things in my thread, stup…!

1up are slipping away more by the day… so stop blabbering on irrelevant subjects and
focus instead at the battlefield.

Viva the REVOLT!
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 23:52   #76
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

ok.....
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 23:59   #77
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX

1up are slipping away more by the day… so stop blabbering on irrelevant subjects and

Viva the REVOLT!
<Storebo> Could i respond "damn rebells, The Empire will not tremble"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 00:32   #78
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

Viva the REVOLT!
You're funny, you think pple actually take you serious in this thread ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Jul 2004, 01:45   #79
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough

this thread looks like "1up wanking on their victory"
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 02:11   #80
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
You're funny, you think pple actually take you serious in this thread ...

I’m not here to be serious or for that matter funny – I’m here to see that your lazy sods finally wake up! But that seems to be a harder job then ever.
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 03:08   #81
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Everyone is awake already. You think PA players ever actually sleep?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 03:21   #82
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Everyone is awake already. You think PA players ever actually sleep?
See this is why 1up is winning. I bet my box of lollies that MotoX goes to bed before 7am (and still expects to do well ha ha ha).
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 03:32   #83
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
See this is why 1up is winning. I bet my box of lollies that MotoX goes to bed before 7am (and still expects to do well ha ha ha).
This has just made me realise that I've never once heard rob say he's going to sleep. He's a scary fellow
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 04:57   #84
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

I very much doubt Sid gives a shit about who are ex ToT or not. From my own experience I can say 1UP targets those planets more than other, who have been hostile against them. 1UP are not focusing on LCH only anymore. Lately planets in vision, mistu, etc.. have got their fair share aswell because they have attacked 1UP. The alliance as a whole might not be immediate threath to them, it's the 'big' planets who hit them over and over again. It's them they want to neutralize, nomatter which alliance they represent. By attacking them they hope to reduce their own incomings, reduce own losses.. This is how I see it

Quote:
Just stating the obvious:
Why 1up aren’t hitting LCH that hard and how to stop that coalition, right? If not I will spell it out in public… LCH do have old TOT members and TOT HC:s in their member base and Sid have more then a friendly past with those characters…

Yes my Intel sucks but still…
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 08:05   #85
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
]
tbh, the only person complaining that theres "no chance" is you. And, as far as I know, you aren't playing this round, and are not either a HC or even member of any of the alliances still playing an active political role. You might decide that this is the point of the round to throw your toys out of the pram and start crying, other people are just playing the game.

I am playing, but as stated above not in a serious capacity.

You have the roids, you have the activity and sure ppl wil try and piss you off, but at the end f the day those two points along with good defence means you have won. The fat lady may not have sung yet, but she has her speakers, backing band and microphone all ready and she is doing her pre stage tests.

As for me throwing my toys out - I have no reason to get upset, just expressing some views which i am more than entitled to do - get over it
Proud to be Independent
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 09:10   #86
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I’m not here to be serious or for that matter funny – I’m here to see that your lazy sods finally wake up! But that seems to be a harder job then ever.
you know, everyone wants to prevent 1up from winning. Who says FAnG will benefit 1 single bit from preventing 1up from winning? I mean seriously, does it really matter to us who wins? To me it doesn't so let those that care fight for it.

MotoX, what you fail to realize is that pple don't need someone like you to tell them 1up won. Pple knew it 5 weeks ago aswell and yet nothing was done /could be done about it. If you're so wise and all, how comes your own alliance can't nor does shit either? If you want a mass block attacking 1up, then sure AD is the place to start gathering right?

How about you just contact the alliance HC's, you'll reach alot further then calling pple fools on AD just because they didn't do more about then you did, or your alliance.

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Jul 2004, 09:41   #87
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pple knew it 5 weeks ago aswell and yet nothing was done /could be done about it.
1up had already won at tick 85?
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 09:46   #88
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Isn't there some Sun Tzu quote about winning before the round starts?
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 11:25   #89
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
1up had already won at tick 85?
yes cause when I said 5 weeks, I meant 5 weeks exactly aka 7*24*5 ticks, aka 840 ticks ...

You know what I mean Jester

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Jul 2004, 12:41   #90
Leviathan

Leviathan is an unknown quantity at this point

I may be classed as a n00b. I don't care. What bothers me is that everyone concentrates on bashing 1up. Why doesn't everyone focus on beating them instead of whining about the fact they are winning. The game is not over yet.
Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 21:04   #91
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan
I may be classed as a n00b. I don't care. What bothers me is that everyone concentrates on bashing 1up. Why doesn't everyone focus on beating them instead of whining about the fact they are winning. The game is not over yet.
Why not ask the alliance HC's that Q
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 00:28   #92
Damon
TringTring

Damon is an unknown quantity at this point

If 3 alliances really have to team up to beat one.
That makes that one alliance already the winner.
Even if they dont end #1 in the game itself.

Rnd 3 : 39:23:13 CpV
Rnd 4 : ?:?:? Bluetuba
Rnd 5 : 30:25 VtS
Rnd 6 : 28:9:? VtS
Rnd 7 : 17:6:3 VtS
Rnd 8 : 31:2 Adelante / Fury
Rnd 9 : ?:? Eclipse
Rnd 10 : ?
Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 10:40   #93
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody will care anyways 3 days after round ends.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 04:57   #94
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about

All I can say is thank goodness I have quit.

If 1up wins then good on them..... if you think blocking to beat them after winning or ruling is an answer then its pretty pathetic once again.

Trust me once the challenge goes and they cant attack then they will go inactive and the good players will get frustrated and its back to a stagnant round etc etc.

The game doesnt seem to improve and for the life of me I cannot see a reason why any-one plays it anyway.

I was going to read the forums to amuse myself during lunchtime but I read a couple of posts and then gave up.

I will try and come on and say hello to some people later on irc but to play again..... I dont think so.
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 17:44   #95
Leviathan

Leviathan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon
If 3 alliances really have to team up to beat one.
That makes that one alliance already the winner.
Even if they dont end #1 in the game itself.
No it doesn't.

I believe It took the combined forces of USA, Britain and Soviet Union the bring down the Nazi's. Does that mean the the Nazi's won by default. I don't think so.

If three alliances are what it takes to take out the lead alliance, then one of the three alliances is the winner. 1up are not invinsible. I'm not experienced enough to propose a strategy so I won't waste my time and everybody else's trying, there is still time.
Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 18:11   #96
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
0 <- This is a loop, none of you are in it.
Weeeeell.. actually.. it's a zero
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 20:37   #97
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Weeeeell.. actually.. it's a zero
have to agree there, a loop is more like:
Code:
                          oo
                    o           o
              o                      o
        o                                 o
    o                                         o
 o                                                o
o                                                    o
o                                                    o
  o                                                o
     o                                          o 
          o                                 o
                o                      o
                    o            o
                           oo

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 20:46   #98
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
I believe It took the combined forces of USA, Britain and Soviet Union the bring down the Nazi's. Does that mean the the Nazi's won by default. I don't think so.
As a historian by education, your 'example' insults me, and, as a future lawyer, it is my duty to invoke Godwins Law.

You lose.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 20:47   #99
Precursors

Precursors is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No it doesn't.

If three alliances are what it takes to take out the lead alliance, then one of the three alliances is the winner. 1up are not invinsible. I'm not experienced enough to propose a strategy so I won't waste my time and everybody else's trying, there is still time.

USA went into war after Japan hit them
Russia declared war on Germany when Germany hit them (they split poland between themselves before the war even)

I agree with Fred of Bedrock's comments. The situation comes from lack of players actually. It is different to be #1 alliance in a 4k planet universe, than in a 80k planet universe.
Precursors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 22:25   #100
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
As a historian by education, your 'example' insults me, and, as a future lawyer, it is my duty to invoke Godwins Law.

You lose.
His exampel is perfectly valid.
You lose.

P.S I hope you arent going to teach any kids.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote