User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Oct 2004, 17:26   #1
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
so...shuffle or not? (again)

I wanted to play very inactively as random this round, but not with 100% noobs in gal. (Like I'm currently with)
Are we gonna shuffle random planets or not? Do I have a chance of getting in a decent gal or should I just give up?
When will we get a certain answer? I've heard the "I hope we can avoid a shuffle" line from Spinner but leik I wanna know before tickstart or I won't pay. I don't think I'm alone on this (?)
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 17:36   #2
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about
Re: so...shuffle or not? (again)

likely he cba to code a shuffler even tho Im kinda convinced one is needed aswell
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 18:01   #3
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

he did say one could be coded in #planetarion when the round had just started.

however, in typical pa style, i doubt anyone will know untill it happens

-mist
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 18:54   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

if there were one it would probably be during protection rather than before tick start - also its hard to jucdge activity of a gal before tick start as well, i know quite a few people who will be active and who havn;t even logged in more than once.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 19:25   #5
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

in that case, it's more important to know if there's going to be a shuffle - as i'd like to know whether i should bother playing the firest few days of my account in the hopes of getting a decent gal.

also, i believe there's a lot of gals set up channels with their randoms already. they'd probably like to know if anything's going to change

-mist
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 22:12   #6
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Dont think a shuffle could possibly harm the game in any way and would usually only do good.

Also announcing a shuffle before sign ups would discourage ppl from creating multiple accounts to land in the right gal and more of this abusive stuff which causes half empty gals and acc which are never gonna be logged into.
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 22:17   #7
^MDK^MAN^
Registered kickass gamer

^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about

SHUFFLE!!! but delete the 0 roid planets first...
^MDK^MAN^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 22:18   #8
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

a shuffle is very much needed

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 22:58   #9
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

How about a full shuffle, no priv gals.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 23:53   #10
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

how about a full reset of the game? I've heard a rumours that all the 0 roids players are blocking together to take us down! :/
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 23:57   #11
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
how about a full reset of the game? I've heard a rumours that all the 0 roids players are blocking together to take us down! :/
Sounds good to me.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 01:20   #12
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch

Okay - who shot their mouth off and gave up the plan. There goes the whole round now that eveyone know.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 01:27   #13
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

shuffle at tick70?
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 03:23   #14
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

If the randoms aint shuffled to even out gals and give every private gal just as much chance to get active randoms, then the round will be serverly flawed from the start imo.
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 04:07   #15
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I agree, a shuffle is in order, with 5 random paid accounts put together and the rest of the gal filled with freebies. As for the priv gals with less than 5 paid, well too bad but it was their choice, give them only freebies
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 06:39   #16
Nology

Nology is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see a need for a shuffle. My gal is short planets but I have no interest in seeing a shuffle at all. They should have announced it before signups or before tick start if they are/were going to shuffle randoms.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 07:21   #17
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

I really hope we will have a full shuffle of all randoms, for i landed in a gal with randoms only. Not, as promised, a 5priv 5 random one :-( And i kinda doubt activity is well known in this place.......

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 08:14   #18
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road

Even if most ppl see the need of a shuffle, its strange how the pa team see things differently.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 09:00   #19
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

So the private galaxies with only a few paid planets will be left to die ? and become fed up with PA and will leave ?

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 09:49   #20
MiX
Who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nology
I don't see a need for a shuffle. My gal is short planets but I have no interest in seeing a shuffle at all. They should have announced it before signups or before tick start if they are/were going to shuffle randoms.
What difference would it have made if you had known about a shuffle before tickstart??

Noone imo unless you were planning to abuse the fact that there wasnt gonna be a shuffle, if you gave out to much info to your randoms allready then its your own stupidity.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 10:13   #21
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

It's gonna be a silly-lot of unfilled gals if there's no shuffle..
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 11:10   #22
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

the plan was always to merge some unfilled gals i think
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 12:29   #23
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
If the randoms aint shuffled to even out gals and give every private gal just as much chance to get active randoms, then the round will be serverly flawed from the start imo.
agreed

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 12 Oct 2004, 12:45   #24
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

take the priv ones and try to fill em up evenly with upgraded randoms and free ones

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 13:25   #25
mist
Jolt's best friend

my (vaguley educated) guess is that there will be no shuffle. firstly, becaue pa keep saying they want to avoid one if at all possible and their grip of what's neccessary isn't always top notch and secondly because there was no shuffle code, so spinner would have to either create or have created some - which judging from the fact that buddy packs couldn't be implimented seems unlikely.

however, pa does have 'zip' code, which will throw two gals together if they'll fit in to one gal. so, if you've got less than 5 people in your gal you may get dumped in with some others, if you've got more than 5 then odds are that's the number you're playing with.

-mist
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 13:26   #26
BasiltheCat
A right royal pain in ...

BasiltheCat is an unknown quantity at this point

The general consensus is that something needs to be done and I have faith that something will be done in the interests of the game. I am in a private gal and there is only 2 of us, if they don't address the situation at tick start once were out of protection we will be easy targets and I won't continue the round with those type of odds.
BasiltheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 14:58   #27
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

we really need a shuffle

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 15:50   #28
Stifler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
my (vaguley educated) guess is that there will be no shuffle. firstly, becaue pa keep saying they want to avoid one if at all possible and their grip of what's neccessary isn't always top notch and secondly because there was no shuffle code, so spinner would have to either create or have created some - which judging from the fact that buddy packs couldn't be implimented seems unlikely.

however, pa does have 'zip' code, which will throw two gals together if they'll fit in to one gal. so, if you've got less than 5 people in your gal you may get dumped in with some others, if you've got more than 5 then odds are that's the number you're playing with.

-mist
spinner said he could code a shuffler easily, and it could b done during protection

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 12 Oct 2004, 16:05   #29
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

yes. lets mix gals together so we end up with 2 priv gals in 1 for certain gals and 1 priv + randoms for the rest kinda like how people had 3 priv packs in a gal last r compared to others with just 1. heh.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 16:09   #30
mist
Jolt's best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
spinner said he could code a shuffler easily, and it could b done during protection
yes, however this relies on:
a) thinking one's neccessary, particularly above the zipper that they've already got
b) getting spinner to put the time in, which we're always being told is extremely limited

-mist
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 16:18   #31
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: so...shuffle or not? (again)

I love how this little drama gets played out every round.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 17:40   #32
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

That's because there should be a shiffle every round, both to avoid abuse and all the drama of alleged abuse.

I can't see why PA just don't do it. It's what everyone wants. And in the shock-horror nature of consumerism, people are more likely to pay if they get what they want.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 08:34   #33
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
That's because there should be a shiffle every round, both to avoid abuse and all the drama of alleged abuse.

I can't see why PA just don't do it. It's what everyone wants. And in the shock-horror nature of consumerism, people are more likely to pay if they get what they want.
indeed its what everyone wants now, but in 3 days time when some other poor gal has all these inactives in with them, theyll be posting and moaning, its a vicious circle
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 09:47   #34
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

At tick 50.

1) Stop game.
2) Delete all inactives
3) Shuffle all randoms to devide random over all priv gals
4) Wait a couple of hours
5) Start game

Every gal has as much gal to meet an active random. If the stays active or how good he is has to be seen.
It prevents the stuff where 100 of randoms accounts where made to land in a specific gal.. So it got mucho benefits!
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 10:06   #35
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
At tick 50.

1) Stop game.
2) Delete all inactives
3) Shuffle all randoms to devide random over all priv gals
4) Wait a couple of hours
5) Start game

Every gal has as much gal to meet an active random. If the stays active or how good he is has to be seen.
It prevents the stuff where 100 of randoms accounts where made to land in a specific gal.. So it got mucho benefits!
What he said
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 10:25   #36
decoy
Grumpy old git

decoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
What he said
yes, but in english please

<+[R5W]Dread> cheating is unfair
< Kjeldoran> no
decoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 10:33   #37
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Hasty typing at work + cba to edit!
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 13:17   #38
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
indeed its what everyone wants now, but in 3 days time when some other poor gal has all these inactives in with them, theyll be posting and moaning, its a vicious circle
I disagree. At least when the universe is shuffled everyone has exactly the same chance of getting active randoms. The reality is that PA would then be seen to be fair. For once it would be seen to be taking adequate visible measures against multiple account signups.

I don't personally think that PATeam sit on their collective fat asses and ignore these sort of issues. But I would have a vast amount of additional confidence, both in them and the game, if I was to see them taking action on what for me is the single most exploited area of Planetarion today.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 13:21   #39
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

I agree with Lord_Thunderball, great idea
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 13:52   #40
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

I do find it disturbing that no one from PA has bothered to comment in this thread.
Thunder has had a great idea. It would certainly prevent any claims of cheating or fixing to get in a good galaxy.

The private paid accounts could opt somehow to go into this pot of planets to be shuffled or stay where they are in their galaxies of 4,3 or 2 members and get roided.

SO anyone from PA like to comment ?

Unread 13 Oct 2004, 14:08   #41
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

and what about the private gal people who have upgraded their randoms believeing they would keep them?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 13 Oct 2004, 14:10   #42
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal
and what about the private gal people who have upgraded their randoms believeing they would keep them?
tbh, since this discussion happens every time, they shouldn't have.

On the other hand, I don't want a shuffle mid way through protection, I've waited for tickstart for ages now, and then to stop the game at tick 50 will disrupt things.
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 14:18   #43
Little Timmy
Winker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal

and what about the private gals with 5 members who have paid money and are sitting twiddling their thumbs waiting for some randoms to perhaps sign up while other private gals are sitting pretty with 5 private and 5 random ?

Thats a slight inbalance and not exactly a level playing field.

You could argue that if you distributed the randoms equally there would be a greater chance that more randoms could get their accounts paid for by one of the 5 fully paid accounts.

Unread 13 Oct 2004, 14:20   #44
Karandras

Karandras is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
tbh, since this discussion happens every time, they shouldn't have.
Yep, they should ignore the fact that PaTeam said there would be no shuffle because of a thread with 41 replies, which I'm sure the majority of players haven't even looked at.

Without going into PaTeam's track record, if they say something to their customers then the customers can't be blamed for accepting it and acting accordingly, whether or not they "should know better."
Karandras is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 14:25   #45
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Timmy
and what about the private gals with 5 members who have paid money and are sitting twiddling their thumbs waiting for some randoms to perhaps sign up while other private gals are sitting pretty with 5 private and 5 random ?

Thats a slight inbalance and not exactly a level playing field.

You could argue that if you distributed the randoms equally there would be a greater chance that more randoms could get their accounts paid for by one of the 5 fully paid accounts.

there are very few gals in that position, have a look through the universe, most gals have 8-10 players. And rememebr as signups continue the inbalence will even out with people quickly filling the other gals.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 13 Oct 2004, 14:28   #46
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karandras
Yep, they should ignore the fact that PaTeam said there would be no shuffle because of a thread with 41 replies, which I'm sure the majority of players haven't even looked at.

Without going into PaTeam's track record, if they say something to their customers then the customers can't be blamed for accepting it and acting accordingly, whether or not they "should know better."
it has allways been the case that there would not be a shuffle unless it was completely needed. We do pay attention to signup patterns, we do look for large scale abuse of the system and for balence issues. I admit I haen;t looked through the universe today, but last night it looked like it would fill up reasonably well by the time there would be a shuffle.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 13 Oct 2004, 14:40   #47
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Stupidity comes second
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 14:45   #48
Little Timmy
Winker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
there are very few gals in that position, have a look through the universe, most gals have 8-10 players. And rememebr as signups continue the inbalence will even out with people quickly filling the other gals.

I must be in an unlucky cluster then 3 gals with 10 2 gals with 9 and the rest 7,6,5,5,4
we must just be unlucky to have below 50% without 8-10 players. However, the average players in the cluster would be 7.5 if the randoms were distributed evenly.

Which is all Im asking for. An equal distribution of the random planets to make it an equal playing field.

Unread 13 Oct 2004, 14:59   #49
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with a shuffle. Just not in the start of the game when I've JUST got into the momentum of it.

If it can be done before tickstart, please do go ahead, although I'm sure it can't
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 14:59   #50
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
All we (I) ask is that the galaxies with 10 randoms (or rather, with no private segment) are broken up and distributed among the remaining unfilled private galaxies. Including those that aren't filled*.

* This means that the new randoms will fill position 6-10, leaving space open for people to join the private bit within the next 72 ticks**.

** Notice how this allows randoms in the same gal to join the private section to allow for more new randoms***.

*** Isn't that pretty cool?