User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Apr 2005, 00:39   #51
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Re: Isnt It About Time?

WANNA SEE A TROLL? I'LL SHOW YOU A TROLL.
I have to take lokkens side on this one. Frankly, noone who replied to him had to.
"Individuals" are empowered by attention. Take it from me.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 00:48   #52
MrPedantic
Banned

MrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyodor
Who said I was HC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyodor
Who says im not HC?
for gods sake make your mind up
MrPedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 01:01   #53
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Code:
           THE POINT                                    KJELDORAN AND
                                                           FYODOR

.          <----- 2500 miles ----->         _o/ <o/
Lokken is a mod, but he also has opinions on the game and how it is played, in particular opinions on how alliances conduct themselves on AD and in terms of their image. How this gets turned into "Lokken is a biased mod", I don't know.

Is Lokken deleting your posts unfairly? Is he banning your members unfairly? Or do you merely object to a mod posting something you disagree with?

Everyone is "biased" in the sense that they have their own opinions, but Lokken is not being biased in his actions as a moderator. He is merely being biased in his posting, in exactly the same way that every other AD poster is biased towards their own opinions.

Some of you should be glad I'm not a moderator any more, as I would be taking great delight in placing some bans for trolling right about now

p.s. Lokken is an imp, not a troll
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 01:04   #54
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:
just because someone doesnt conform to the Angels viewpoint, or indeed yours - doesnt mean they are biased.
It just means they have a different opinion
Trolling over it is pointless, foolish and makes yourself, AND your alliance look rediculous
As lokken said - if you`re still in angels after all youve done over this, they`re a joke
I think we should let Angels HC decide who will be their in command.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 01:04   #55
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

With regards to the reference to me earlier in this thread, why the hell would I give a crap if he's a HC or not? I've not commented on whether he has the credentials or anything in that regard, simply due to the fact that I don't know him well enough to comment.

However, what I do know, is that lokken is not nearly as bad as you two are unscrupulously remonstrating. I can empathize for how you may think he's biased, but frankly if a mod was cutting my alliance with razorcrisp clinches, I'd likely jump to conclusions of prejudice.

Oh, and hypocrisy is always a comedy factor so

Edit: Rob wins.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 01:05   #56
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Some of you should be glad I'm not a moderator any more, as I would be taking great delight in placing some bans for trolling right about now
Empty threats are for the weak.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 01:10   #57
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Empty threats are for the weak.
I don't make empty threats
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 01:10   #58
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
Who says im not HC?
Quote:
Who said I was HC?

Quote:
re·cant ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-knt)
v. re·cant·ed, re·cant·ing, re·cants
v. tr.
To make a formal retraction or disavowal of (a statement or belief to which one has previously committed oneself).
You're wrong. End of discussion. Stop trying to pretend that thread wasnt a mistake, or that you went back on what you originally stated. I will not post any evidence to the contary as it's already quite clear and for reasons of integrity.

Quote:
tbh, i had no intention of getting involved in this thread till lokken started having another go at KJ. Ive made my point about my feelings towards lokkens modding and am done with that part.. And to be honest, all these back and forth posts have caused me to have a fun day at work. I think you take yourself a little to seriously pal.
Lokken has done nothing wrong. He's already expressed his opinions openly, he's always been fairly critical of 1up also but I don't rage at him for it. I'm not taking this anywhere close to remotely seriously btw

Quote:
Which is why I take your critisism about my lokken postings as a grain of salt
That's fine, Lokken is a much more respected poster anyway. We never saw him making a big massive cockup for his own alliance did we now?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 01:11   #59
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Code:
           THE POINT                                    KJELDORAN AND
                                                           FYODOR

.          <----- 2500 miles ----->         _o/ <o/
Lokken is a mod, but he also has opinions on the game and how it is played, in particular opinions on how alliances conduct themselves on AD and in terms of their image. How this gets turned into "Lokken is a biased mod", I don't know.

Is Lokken deleting your posts unfairly? Is he banning your members unfairly? Or do you merely object to a mod posting something you disagree with?

Everyone is "biased" in the sense that they have their own opinions, but Lokken is not being biased in his actions as a moderator. He is merely being biased in his posting, in exactly the same way that every other AD poster is biased towards their own opinions.

p.s. Lokken is an imp, not a troll
You Sir, are totally right (im not being sarcastic)
The problem isnt Lokken being a biased mod, he isnt a biased mod, i dont think he ever done a biased moderation so far (at least not that i remember), on other hand he is a biased poster (and i cant accept this for 100%).
My only problem is that some user in theses boards arent able to see the thin line between the mod and the poster and sometimes give his views (again, i would say biased) too much credibility because he is a mod.
I am not arguing wether he is right or not, and i am not saying lokken is lying all the time or saying the truth all the time, im just saying that somehow if lokken would come to lie blatantly about some issues, certain players would give his lies much more credibilty than any other poster because of the facts that lokken is a mod.
This is in no way, lokken problem as he has the right to post whatever he wants on theses boards. the only thing i would expect from him is to mod theses forums in unbiased manners.
Till now, he is doing an awesome job, and sometimes is way more patient with certain people than other mod would be.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 01:14   #60
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
My only problem is that some user in theses boards arent able to see the thin line between the mod and the poster and sometimes give his views (again, i would say biased) too much credibility because he is a mod.
Ladies, gentlemen and idiots of Alliance Discussions, allow me to present to you ad hominem.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 01:14   #61
Tyler

I think people should always be making plans to attack the #1 alliance.

Last edited by Tyler; 29 Apr 2005 at 01:32.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 01:17   #62
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

Lokken is a mate of mine, and he deletes my posts all the time,

go figure...

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 01:47   #63
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l

You're wrong. End of discussion.
Wrong about what?

Quote:
Stop trying to pretend that thread wasnt a mistake, or that you went back on what you originally stated. I will not post any evidence to the contary as it's already quite clear and for reasons of integrity.
I dont think anywhere I have tried to "pretend" that thread wasnt a mistake or take back what I said in the opening statement. In retrospect, the post was way to dramatic and the ensuing arguments I got myself into afterwards was a bit embarrassing, but to be honest, PA is a war game. I thought it would be fun to make a war declaration. Me, I play the game for fun. I post on these forums for fun. And imo the end all of the war declaration worked out all right.

Whats this evidence you speak of? What does it have to do with your point? If its damning evidence you speak of, please post it and I shall post that nice little PA mail of yours from the other day so we can be even.

Quote:

That's fine, Lokken is a much more respected poster anyway. We never saw him making a big massive cockup for his own alliance did we now?
Ive never tried to gain respect on these boards. The whole rep thing is silly to me. Like I said earlier, this is fun.

Lokken is an excellent writer and has done some good things on AD. I particurly like the week by week universe update. But at the same time I think he does not practice what he preaches in regards to flaming/trolling. For this, I have no respect for his modding and havent respected it since he started.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 02:00   #64
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Frankly I just moderate for fun. It would be rather asymmetrical to seriously moderate the forums of such a happy, happy fun game. In all honesty though if you do more for the forums you're going to get more leeway than someone who does less. lokken has not failed in his role as a moderator on any level. If you want a role-model buy an Action-Man.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 02:30   #65
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I reserve every right to post aggressively, because when i do so, I back it up with arguments/evidence, so i'm within the rules - if they weren't JBG would be haranging me in PM. I have an opinion, i intend to divulge it - moderating is totally separate. Moderating is deleting/editing posts and banning users. I've edited one by Kj for trolling another user on this thread, that's it. Like i've said, if you think i'm biased in my modding, dream on.

Get better at AD. The reason i'm totally trashing Angels is that they rarely respond with facts and arguments, and a coherent party line so they're open to exploitation - ATM I have no agenda so i'm just posting where i find holes or bits of interest, and atm Angels have more holes than the Scummers' back 4. If your alliance had decent PR, I'd have been shut up a long time ago, and as it seems you can't work it out for yourselves, let me help you.

All it takes is one clarificatory post of your position at this time from one HC - one post that all HC endorse and hold the line to furiously. At the moment your PR is a mess, hence anyone can play around with it. When you've been on an alliance built partly on PR, you understand how vital this is. Everyone can shut up and the focus turns on someone else - Angels could fly under the radar quite happily if it wanted to.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ComradeRob again.
Classic Rob AD post btw.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 02:47   #66
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken

All it takes is one clarificatory post of your position at this time from one HC - one post that all HC endorse and hold the line to furiously.
Looking back through this thread, Ive seen one line from Angels, we are not part of any block. What could be more clear then that?
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 05:16   #67
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Looking back through this thread, Ive seen one line from Angels, we are not part of any block. What could be more clear then that?
You stopped arguing about Angels' alliance relations and moved on to Lokken's role as a mod a long time ago, and it has all made your alliance look like a bit of a kindergarten. The second someone arguments against your views you seem hurt, and start screaming "omg bias omg". I wonder, do you come from a place where everyone agrees about everything?

As for Lokken having his own views, why shouldnt he be allowed to express them? His role as a moderator is to make sure the threads are kept clean of spamming/trolling/etc., not to be a fencehugging puppet with no views of his own. If you were struck by the wrath of Lokken, then you sir probably deserved it.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 06:31   #68
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

I thought this thread was about WP? :-\

Though off topic, I would have to say that Lokken, in my previous expierence, does a wonderful job moderating these forums, and is fair in all the judgements I've seen lokken make. I admin a forum of a couple thousand users with 600-750 posts/day, and know that the criticism will never stop, espicially in arugementative posts--though I do feel they serve good purpose.

posrep for you lokken!

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 07:13   #69
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
kk...wasnt an intended troll but anywho..

its a case of the kettle calling the pot black.. accuse us of having no backbone by hitting you with WP when your hitting us on the counter with exilition
difference is, you lied, we didn't. I talked to WP HC, I KNOW you asked them for help hitting us. I don' think you could muster up the smallest evidence that Angels are asking exilition to hit you aswell. We're playing solo this round (bar from that 1 week early on) and I don't care what arguements you use to tell differently, I just know for a fact that we're playing solo and do not need other alliances to fight our wars.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 08:14   #70
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I just know for a fact that we're playing solo and do not need other alliances to fight our wars.
Bitching and moaning about who is going solo and who is not, and who has other alliances fight their wars and who doesn't is quite stupid now isn't it, seeing that few alliances here are in their wars alone. It's cool that, you, Kjeldoran, know what you guys are doing!
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 08:17   #71
Chika

Lies LIES LIES!!!!!!
Please, will 1up tell ANGELS and everyone else that they don't have to lie about blocks anymore? Angels only seems to listen and follow 1up. Sid Sid, where art thou Sid. Please Guide Kyjelly. He is far bow lost thee I say.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 10:14   #72
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
I think people should always be making plans to attack the #1 alliance.

Wasnt this what its all about ???
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 11:37   #73
Elder
Silver winged Dragon

Elder is an unknown quantity at this point

ah come on.. Kjeldoran seems to continously jump at any mod presenting an opinion disagreeing with his own. I don't see any of what either Phil^ or Lokken has said to be trolling, insulting or whatnot. They've presented valid, well based opinions in a language much less offensive than the language used by both Kjeldoran and Fyodor. This is turning into the last in a long line of threads transformed from being a valid discussion into a Fang/Angels whining thread by above mentioned Angels HC.

Fyodor, if your not a HC then that thread you made declaring war on 1up is even more presposterous than I thought it was. If you're a HC, that thread may have been but a stupid mistake, everyone makes those from time to time, especailly if one has just been say roided or something similar. If you're not a HC you not only did something very stupid and put your alliance in an even worse light than it already was, you also did it without the necessary authority and knowledge needed. Are you then a HC, or are you not?

I spose I should mention that I've resigned long ago and thus my opinions are in no way representing those of Veneratio

Co-founder of Veneratio

#Veneratio
www.veneratiohq.org
Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 11:43   #74
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Right, that's enough.

Anyone who wants to talk about me and modding - offtopic. We've had a healthy discussion about it, and if people don't like me tough. Thanks to those with their positive feedback about me. Punishment will be a post deletion or a ban, at my/JBG's discretion.

Back to what the thread was originally about.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 15:29   #75
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
difference is, you lied, we didn't. I talked to WP HC, I KNOW you asked them for help hitting us. I don' think you could muster up the smallest evidence that Angels are asking exilition to hit you aswell. We're playing solo this round (bar from that 1 week early on) and I don't care what arguements you use to tell differently, I just know for a fact that we're playing solo and do not need other alliances to fight our wars.
Angels are really b1tching about this whole HR conflict aint you, if its not you kj its alch making the sly comments against HR.

1) Ive seen lots of evidence to know at least EX / LCH (from EX Block) have napped Angels or are at least avoiding them on an alliance attack level. Afaik 1up block are also avoiding you, simply because you arent their targets anymore. So i think the life of an Angels planet is pretty quiet atm (on an ally vs ally front).
2) There hasnt been one night since HRs -10% drop, when JUST Angels were targetting HR (note targetting, not just the usual random incomings). While that night was the worst as we had LCH, EX, Tot, Angels targetting our planets, since then (taking the last few nights), we've had Nos/ToF/ToT incomings.
3) I (we) certainly did not ask for help hitting angels, so whatever HC you spoke with (although are you sure its HC? because there seems some confusion on this thread as to who is HC and who aint), has certainly bent the truth in their wording. Its really funny to even get such flames our way though, say HR had indeed asked WP for help, would this even compare to Angels going to the WHOLE EX block in their war against 1up?

So anyway, when you make comments like "we are playing solo this round" and try to makeout HR is some dirty hoe, i cant help but feel hypocrisy (as mek hinted at), tainting the halls of AD and distorting the truth.
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]

Last edited by Seth Mace; 29 Apr 2005 at 15:38.
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 17:09   #76
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, I never said we had a hard life. Fact is we decided NOT to mingle ourselves in this blockwar. that's our choice. We decided to return fire to the aggression coming from HR. Again, it is your right to attack us, this is a wargame so nothing wrong with that.

If 1up etc are avoiding Angels, should we then attack them make sure they' won't avoid us? I mean, atm we concentrate on HR and we do this alone. If exilition etc jump on the easy roids (this is no new fact, it happens every round that a third party jumps on the easy roids) then that is their right aswell.

I'm not trying to make HR look back, But I know that WP helped you out (Nitina can confirm this, we talked alot about this). So don't go denying it, it's true and I can provide you logfiles of our convo if you wish so.

Aside from that Seth, you know we get along fine. I got nothing against HR but this round we'll fight, and may the best alliance win and may we both have fun attacking eachother or anyone else, whatever the round brings us.

FA Gaming community

Unread 29 Apr 2005, 17:19   #77
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Right, that's enough.

Anyone who wants to talk about me and modding - offtopic. We've had a healthy discussion about it, and if people don't like me tough. Thanks to those with their positive feedback about me. Punishment will be a post deletion or a ban, at my/JBG's discretion.

Back to what the thread was originally about.
Fair enough, I'll stop criticizing your modding, let's agree to disagree on this one and I'll try to obtain myself for a while from my comments on your performance.

I'm aware we have no decent PR. But saying it 5 times a day, getting everyone to say it 5 times a day seriously is easy and not offering any help. What do you suggest we do about it? Hire you (this is no serious question btw)?

We're aware of the problem but we're not gonna change our structure or put another person in our command to handle our PR. Sadly, PR isn't one of my personal skills but it doesn't refrain me from saying my opinion on AD. Fact that is sometimes sounds more hostile (as Rob pointed out) is maybe due to the fact that I have no knowledge of the subtle use of the english language (this isn't an excuse I know).

Also, I hear you telling we should have a unified HC. Everything I officialy state on these boards is the Angels HC opinion and is supported by the entire command.
But what do I see, nobody believes and creates their own little versions of the truth so why should I bother then?

I'm not gonna repeat myself 50 times cause some idiots fail to realize that I have no gain in telling the exact oposite of our intentions.

FA Gaming community

Unread 29 Apr 2005, 17:51   #78
alch
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmace
Afaik 1up block are also avoiding you, simply because you arent their targets anymore. So i think the life of an Angels planet is pretty quiet atm (on an ally vs ally front).
I never saw you in Angels Defense channel. So how could you say that our life are quiet atm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeldoran
I'm aware we have no decent PR. But saying it 5 times a day, getting everyone to say it 5 times a day seriously is easy and not offering any help. What do you suggest we do about it? Hire you (this is no serious question btw)?
Get your whole alliance to stop posting at any matter regarding politics etc... Get the job done by one HC, this HC should have enough credibility and some understanding of "how to post and argue" to be able to defend his alliance on board. you dont need to be loved but you do need to be respected. Once the whole command will hold this line, i think the PR will be much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeldoran
If 1up etc are avoiding Angels, should we then attack them make sure they' won't avoid us? I mean, atm we concentrate on HR and we do this alone. If exilition etc jump on the easy roids (this is no new fact, it happens every round that a third party jumps on the easy roids) then that is their right aswell.
If other alliances target HR while we target them at night, we cannot stop them. Its almost the same situation that we had last round when 1up declared war on LCH and other alliances attacked LCH aswell as they knew they could sneak and take their roids. until some level, it wasnt a coordinated attacks and even at some level of coordination between few alliances, i wouldnt have called this a block, but a temporary coordination,

What there is between Exilition and Angels, is not near to an alliance between them or a temporary cooperation but maybe a gentleman pact that say "lets avoid each other, we have much more serious ennemies to fight than to waste fleets on each other". this is totally logical and understandable and a valid tactic.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 17:52   #79
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I could have sworn this thread was meant to be about the #1 alliance, WP, not HR and Angels?
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 17:53   #80
alch
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmace
Angels are really b1tching about this whole HR conflict aint you, if its not you kj its alch making the sly comments against HR
Apology if my comment has been taken seriously, this was meant to spice the conversation a little bit and was by no mean to direspect your alliance.
Take it easy
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 17:55   #81
alch
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
I could have sworn this thread was meant to be about the #1 alliance, WP, not HR and Angels?
IT was meant, but since the first alliance is allied to an alliance that hit constantly Angels at night and coordinated few night of incoming on angels. i do see how the angels/HR subject has been raised in this thread. dont you?
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 17:58   #82
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
IT was meant, but since the first alliance is allied to an alliance that hit constantly Angels at night and coordinated few night of incoming on angels. i do see how the angels/HR subject has been raised in this thread. dont you?
All I see is Angels hijacking yet another thread.

Honestly, an outsider might think Angels were the main alliance in the game...
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 18:08   #83
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

All i'm saying kj is this has never been JUST HR vs angels and from what i know, angels aint being targetted by any other ally, unlike HR every day. I certainly aint whinging about this btw, im only raising this issue because any HR-Angel conflict is certainly not a 1 on 1 fight, so to speak. Certainly not based on HR incomings anyway.

Then we have previous posts by alch and yourself impling that HR needs another ally to do damage to some1 else (when clearly this aint the case, otherwise angels wouldnt be returning fire so to speak - although to say HR started the aggressions is certainly unfair, we've both had ample reason to target each other).

Yet the light in which your comments are made, make us out to be incapable of any solo military action (again, hypocrits for having done this themself on a much larger scale) and i dont know what convo u had with nitina but WP are an individual alliance and any mill decision they make, they make with their own alliance in mind? Anyway, you might not want to make HR look bad but by trying to makeout we need help from WP, well you certainly arent trying to make us look good (so dont play the innocent card:P).

In regards to Ex hitting us at the same time as you, ofc that can happen, its a random round ect. However being napped to the big players in the EX block certainly reduces angels incomings no? Then put this with an unspoken 1up block nap (they dont hit us, so we dont hit them) and you have a pretty sweet position to be in? (besides random incomings we all get)

So again, just to highlight why i am posting, it is only to describe the situation both our allies are in atm. Yes, you have not said Angels have a hard life atm but you are certainly implying a balanced war where only "the best man will win", when clearly this is not the case.

Besides, HR stopped targetting angels like 2/ 3 nights ago because we've had more incomings from other certain alliances. I suppose this last comment best highlights this infamous HR-Angels war that is mentioned?
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 18:16   #84
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
All i'm saying kj is this has never been JUST HR vs angels and from what i know, angels aint being targetted by any other ally, unlike HR every day. I certainly aint whinging about this btw, im only raising this issue because any HR-Angel conflict is certainly not a 1 on 1 fight, so to speak. Certainly not based on HR incomings anyway.

Then we have previous posts by alch and yourself impling that HR needs another ally to do damage to some1 else (when clearly this aint the case, otherwise angels wouldnt be returning fire so to speak - although to say HR started the aggressions is certainly unfair, we've both had ample reason to target each other).

Yet the light in which your comments are made, make us out to be incapable of any solo military action (again, hypocrits for having done this themself on a much larger scale) and i dont know what convo u had with nitina but WP are an individual alliance and any mill decision they make, they make with their own alliance in mind? Anyway, you might not want to make HR look bad but by trying to makeout we need help from WP, well you certainly arent trying to make us look good (so dont play the innocent card:P).

In regards to Ex hitting us at the same time as you, ofc that can happen, its a random round ect. However being napped to the big players in the EX block certainly reduces angels incomings no? Then put this with an unspoken 1up block nap (they dont hit us, so we dont hit them) and you have a pretty sweet position to be in? (besides random incomings we all get)

So again, just to highlight why i am posting, it is only to describe the situation both our allies are in atm. Yes, you have not said Angels have a hard life atm but you are certainly implying a balanced war where only "the best man will win", when clearly this is not the case.

Besides, HR stopped targetting angels like 2/ 3 nights ago because we've had more incomings from other certain alliances. I suppose this last comment best highlights this infamous HR-Angels war that is mentioned?
No offense, but Angels is 67 members big. Angels got owned big times in 2 nights and 1 time again a few nights ago. we are not capable of fighting back 200 incs as is no alliance of our membersize.
We have no easy round either, we still do get incs (random attacks) and your 91 members "can" hit aswell since we're fighting a war. I don't know nor care what other alliances do towards HR but I know the only night we suffered losses was when WP hit us hard in a joint attack (again I know from Nitina that it was a joint attack).

From Angels point of view it is a fair war. We don't ask protection from anyone, we don't ask pple to hit HR either. We cannot be held responsible of the actions of others, hence why I say may the best one win.

FA Gaming community

Unread 29 Apr 2005, 18:42   #85
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Quote:
From Angels point of view it is a fair war. We don't ask protection from anyone, we don't ask pple to hit HR either. We cannot be held responsible of the actions of others, hence why I say may the best one win.
Well thats where we will clearly differ in opinion, those big losses u had those few nights was because u had more then 1 top ally hitting you. We've had this every night since then, im not implying angels are behind this at all, im just saying this picture is certainly not one where "may the best one win". Its rediculous to suggest such a notion when angels are not getting anywhere near the same amounts of incomings as HR.

And if they were, im sure ADs would know about it:P
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 23:13   #86
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

While my very limited experience with Seth's intel has been mixed (in one case, I believe ND was accused of NAPping EXilition. That night, I was 6 waved by eX... ), I would generally agree with him in this case.

This is from a sideline PoV, but the various blocks and major alliances are all involved in a 'web' of targetting. Some alliances get regular incomings from many other alliances. ND for instance, receives (or has received) quite regular incs from ToT, Exilition, Vengeance, and several other large alliances, in an on and off fashion. This is all very understandable, ToT and EX are in a group opposed to our group, hitting us prevents us from growing unopposed. Vengeance were very close to us at the point where they hit us, and it made logical sense for them to do so in order to climb past us in the rankings.

Angels on the other hand, as Seth says, seem to have far fewer particular enemies. LCH/ToT/EXi/1up/NoS/ToF/etc are all bogged down against each other, whilst Angels have skillfully (and, IMO, slightly luckily due to circumstances) withdrawn from the quagmire of block wars. Angels vs. HR is not a particularly 1 on 1 fight, unless HR have brought friends of their own along (the possibility of WP, thugh whether their targetting was at the encouragement of HR, or just purely random, I dunno). If it was, I feel it would be very interesting, in the same way I'd have liked to see an ND vs. ToT war slightly earlier in the round (ToT have thoroughly impressed me btw).

Apologies for any misinformation that has misguided my post; and no offence is intended to either HR or Angels, as I respect them both.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 00:32   #87
lokken
BlueTuba

from the outside looking in

just because someone hits you with someone else in a round like this might be as equally incidental as it is arranged, in all fairness.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 00:58   #88
Neferti
part time ghost

As for whoever negrepped me for being 'obsessed with Angels' needs to take a closer look at my post, where I clearly stated that certain people on this and other threads are in fact too obsessed with Angels.

I should say tried to neg-rep, so I'm assuming it was kj
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 01:44   #89
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
As for whoever negrepped me for being 'obsessed with Angels' needs to take a closer look at my post, where I clearly stated that certain people on this and other threads are in fact too obsessed with Angels.

I should say tried to neg-rep, so I'm assuming it was kj
Ofcourse I neg repped you, couldn't have been someone else.

FA Gaming community

Unread 30 Apr 2005, 01:58   #90
Neferti
part time ghost

Quote:
Ofcourse I neg repped you, couldn't have been someone else.
Sorry, it's not really important anyway.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 17:00   #91
Neferti
part time ghost

2 more neg reps for that. You guys are really funny.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 17:02   #92
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Stop talking about reputation for god's sake.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 17:02   #93
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

It's hardly as if rep system displays much about posting quality, even I have a reasonable amount of rep :/
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 17:43   #94
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

the rep system is a big BS anyways, as u don't get a reason why someone neg repped u. either they give no reason or write something stupid like: Hi!
and only 1% of the guys sign their negrep...
Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 17:50   #95
Neferti
part time ghost

Yeah well sorry about all that.

Meanwhile, why is nobody killing WP eh?
Unread 1 May 2005, 16:12   #96
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Yeah well sorry about all that.

Meanwhile, why is nobody killing WP eh?

I guess the killing has begun!?
Unread 1 May 2005, 18:52   #97
Neferti
part time ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
I guess the killing has begun!?
hmm, I see what you mean, they have been a little dented...
Unread 1 May 2005, 20:30   #98
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

WP minus 4 members too. Are those the first sheep leaving now things turned bad for 1 night? Or were that just some kicks?

BTW, I think it's rediculous that an alliance loosing 1lmost 15% of it's roids overnight (and likely some ships too), only looses like 1% score. Afaik XP is a too large component of score. You can't kill XP
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though

Last edited by General Martok; 1 May 2005 at 20:31. Reason: why the hell was my post bold
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2005, 23:07   #99
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
BTW, I think it's rediculous that an alliance loosing 1lmost 15% of it's roids overnight (and likely some ships too), only looses like 1% score. Afaik XP is a too large component of score. You can't kill XP
Because no-one ever runs their fleets when there's no defence...
Unread 1 May 2005, 23:46   #100
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
A 1% score loss is pretty damaging, when you notice that almost every other alliance in the game is growing. And roids can turn into fleet quite quickly, making it harder to fight back. PA is a war game, not a battle game.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote