User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 27 Jun 2006, 11:15   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Novatech Returns - HELP!

I ordered a Bigwater 745 (Thermaltake) and a Thermaltake Kandalf case from Novatech.

I also bought some extra coolant so i could top up the resevoir in the watercooling thingy.

I spent 6 hours last night dissasembling my old case and moving all the stuff over into the new one and installing the cpu waterblock and gpu waterblock as i went (holy hell this took forever!)

I finally got to the stage where i had powersupply/mobo/memory/hdd's etc in the case.

The watercooling was setup.THe pipes were all connected and i hit the 'on' button. PC whirrs into life which is nice because it means i havnt blown up the motherboard when i was moving it. However the pump does nothing. The liquid in the resevoir doesnt move. The pipes going to the wasterblocks and radiators stay totally empty and dry.

I go 'ARGH' and kill the power for fear of my cpu melting and me catching fire.

I fiddle about and i have no idea why it isnt working. The light ontop is blue so the pump looks to be 'on' and is connected to the powersupply via a molex but it just isnt pumping. THeres no noise and no 'movement' when i touch it (it says there should be a slight vibration of sorts if you put your hand around the pump - there isnt)

As such im thinking 'ffs the pump doesnt work'....as this is my first ever foray into watercooling i thought 'buy thermaltake and its bound to work and i wont have too many problems as its for novices!'

But it didnt.

Ive just spent 2 hours on novatech chat (im in a training room atm waiting for a program ive written to be run infront of about 10 senior managers and the managing director - heres to hoping it doesnt crash or **** up!)

Afer a good hour of saying 'im not sending the whole kit back....you dont understand how long and how impossible that would be to do. I just want the pump replaced so im just sending the pump to you.'

Finally he agreed that id only send the pump and i have an RMA number.

Now before i send it....am i missing anything?

Is there some switch i havnt hit to start it or something really obvious that im not doing.

I could understand it not working had i put the pipes in the wrong places or cooland spraying everywhere because it wasnt fastened correctly but for no liquid to move at all? This just seems bizarre.

I fully expected coolant to leak all over the case when i turned it on but to be greeted by no liquid moving at all was just 'OH FOR **** SAKE YOU STUPID PIECE OF CRAP'

So ladies and gents...

Do i wait another week for a replacement pump from novatech (maybe ven longer) and have no pc for that length of time or do I flick a switch somewhere and it all works that you guys know about that i dont.

Also : Are novatech pretty good on returns and sending out replacement parts. Bear in mind i bought a kit but im only sending back a single product so presumably they would have to get a kit, take out the pump and then send that to me....

OR should i order another bigwater 745. take the pump from that. put my pump in the new box and just send that back.

Help
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 11:24   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Novatech Returns - HELP!

My experiance of sending back a single part from a peice of kit is that they wont just open another and take the part out but instead have to request the part in question from the manufacturer which depending how efficient the manufactuer is can take weeks
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 11:27   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i think ill buy another kit then and swap the pump around then phone up and say 'omg it doesnt work'

and get an rma on that. send it back for a full refund etc and profit.

i cant believe this is taking so long to do tbh.
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 11:54   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

Right just got 'off chat' with the guy in Tech support.

I asked if this was possible (buy a new kit, swap pumps and send new kit back) and he said 'er no'

I then pushed a bit more and told him the truth (that i need the pc for work) and he said 'ill talk to my supervisor'

He came back and said 'we just need the pump' and 'thats the only way i can see you being able to send it back'

I then pressed harder and told him that i was originally a scan customer but had used novatech because i had been told about their excellent customer service should anything go wrong. That i needed the pc for an upcoming project (all true) and that the pump sits in the packaging isolated from the rest and would be very simple to just take out and replace without even touching the rest of the stuff..

he talked to his supervisor again and they okd it.

So now i have another watercooling kit on order and i also ordered a Thermaltake Media Lab in black (omg you can power on the pc with a remote!) which should be arriving tomorrow.

I am praying to both Jesus, Allah and Buddah (and maybe Vishnu too) that the new kits pump works because otherwise ill be in the same position I am today but with two (lollerskates) faulty kits and a PC that doesnt work.