User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 16:18   #201
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
Ed and I had a chat about the state of play in PA last week and we pretty much figured out this would happen.

Sid is so predictable

~Vaio~
Vaio > *
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 16:26   #202
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
FAnG stated they went solo, however if they did break their promise they outright lied, right ?
I did not include any comparison in my first reply why 1up is better or worse, i just stated that certain ppl like rumad and others who ran their mouth are apparently proven wrong.
Erm pray tell where i was proven wrong?

I said I was wary of a blockless round and asked for firming up of the agreement. None was forthcoming and I predicted it would end up the same. Blocked alliances.

The next part was that I also said that sid was using it for his own ends. Thats pretty much true also with the avoidance of lch.

So where exactly was I proven wrong?

I also said FAnG would enter the round unallied, unless you are a moron you know that DID happen. However contingencies are formed for a reason. Those contingent arrangements would be to find allies to stop being bashed into the ground and after MISTU's support last round FAnG would be senile to NOT support a old friend in a battle.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 8 Jul 2004 at 16:34.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 16:28   #203
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

§pa¢e¢ook¦e can only hope to improve

ill enlighten you why i am so synical and suspicious towards the proposal to begin with, i forseen this proposal as nothing more then a life saver hook whatever you wanna call it, now that you begin too loose grounds you are looking for an excuse to get that turned around and as an excuse to find allies/friends that can help you to maintain your #1 position. now all this posting on ad the last few days only shows me that you are looking for an excuse to block or find an ally, and more and more i get the feeling i was right.
The proposal was really vague no real deals in there and nothing really clear nps, alliances did what you asked wether or not you beleive it is your own choice doesnt mean you have to trust and beleive everything its a war game you ought to be suspicious about 1s motives.
maybe there was a specific bg between 'friends/galm8s/whatever' but in noway was that connected with either alliances if ppl randomly want to attack with eachother and the hc doesnt know about it you cant do much against it (im not saying there was and im not saying there wasnt any bg ive never heard of its existence appart from what 1up told me) anyway i know mistu hc wouldnt approve it.
then the merger, trying to get ppl attack us again trying to bring us in a bad spotlight. we havent done anything against the rules we simpy asked what ToF and x alliance did and got, then claiming we bring the game out of balance etc is just the biggest crappiest bullshit i ever heard.
now you come with we are blocking with fang/rock which is no where near the truth and which again only bring my suspision back about the motives of the whole proposal idea and the excuse to form a block.

have a nice day im outta here.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 16:30   #204
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Can we PLEASE not hold cooperation between alliances on the same level as killing civilians, abusing children, or eating bunnies?

This is not the end of the world. The cooperation between alliances does not make them bad people. The joint attacks do not make them pagan Satan-lovers.

They are trying to win the round. Sid is trying to win the round, so he made this thread to explain what he will be doing in the next few days.

Yes, lets flame Fang/mistu/rock for trying to win! how dare they! Yes! Let's flame 1up for giving us extra information! What a nerve!
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 16:32   #205
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
Can we PLEASE not hold cooperation between alliances on the same level as killing civilians, abusing children, or eating bunnies?

This is not the end of the world. The cooperation between alliances does not make them bad people. The joint attacks do not make them pagan Satan-lovers.

They are trying to win the round. Sid is trying to win the round, so he made this thread to explain what he will be doing in the next few days.

Yes, lets flame Fang/mistu/rock for trying to win! how dare they! Yes! Let's flame 1up for giving us extra information! What a nerve!
Sid is like any other HC's. I am sure arrangements have been in place for some time. This thread is the justification. Nothing else.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 16:33   #206
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Hi there, why do you create a false account to argue these arguments? As it is now you lose all credibility before you even post. You are obviously trying to hide your bias, and not very successfully I might add.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 16:37   #207
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Summation of thread

None of them make it to heaven.
Does that mean I end up in hell or purgatory?

I alwas thought I would b forgiven and sen to AD heaven myself
Proud to be Independent
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 16:43   #208
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau
Vaio > *
Ed Lokken is pretty good as well

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 16:46   #209
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Does that mean I end up in hell or purgatory?
You will end up on The RP Forum. It's like hell but with more muppets pretending to be elves

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 16:49   #210
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Sid is like any other HC's. I am sure arrangements have been in place for some time. This thread is the justification. Nothing else.
No arrangements are in place at all - let alone "for some time". When I find out the full extent of the cooperation - its proposed duration and full list of participants specifically - then I'll know whether or not 1up even needs to change its course of going solo. So far, most of those involved appear to prefer to avoid public comment which, whilst understandable, tends to lead me to conclude the worst.

To reiterate: 1up have had no deals all round, currently have no deals and have not commenced any discussions to make any.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 16:55   #211
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
If 1up don't counter the MISTU block threat (if it really does exist) they risk getting spannered - MISTU's determination to go out for 1up (it really seems personal between them) has locked them into combat they probably will never be able to get out of...
I would see this as the most pertinent issue. MISTU seem more determined to stop 1ùp winning than to win themselves. I think they would be genuinely happy if LCH took the round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
[1up] said you could handle FAnG/MISTU. FM at full strength is a far tougher challenge than FMR, with F and R being low in the ranks. In fact, you might not even bother worrying about ROCK.
I disagree. I will also link this in to Gerbie's and Rob's debate regarding attack coverage. FAnG/MISTU/ROCK have ~260 members. 1up has 100. FMR can take all day to set up their attack. 1up MO's have 1 hour to def it. A competent DC should be able to calc/launch and confirm 6 defs in tick easily. 10 would be pushing it. Any more and you will make mistakes, no matter how good you are. Therefore the real consideration becomes not attacker size but the sheer volume of calls and the logistical nightmare that represents. It doesn't help that the stats favour the attacker either.

Quote:
Ed and I had a chat about the state of play in PA last week and we pretty much figured out this would happen.

Sid is so predictable
I'm sure you are simply underestimating your own profound genius.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 16:56   #212
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Methedrine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
When I find out the full extent of the cooperation - its proposed duration and full list of participants specifically - then I'll know whether or not 1up even needs to change its course of going solo. So far, most of those involved appear to prefer to avoid public comment which, whilst understandable, tends to lead me to conclude the worst.
Congratulations Sid, you just made yourself look very stupid. I recommend you reading this story about the boy who cried wolf.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 17:02   #213
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
I disagree. I will also link this in to Gerbie's and Rob's debate regarding attack coverage. FAnG/MISTU/ROCK have ~260 members. 1up has 100. FMR can take all day to set up their attack. 1up MO's have 1 hour to def it. A competent DC should be able to calc/launch and confirm 6 defs in tick easily. 10 would be pushing it. Any more and you will make mistakes, no matter how good you are. Therefore the real consideration becomes not attacker size but the sheer volume of calls and the logistical nightmare that represents. It doesn't help that the stats favour the attacker either.
Hi Achi

You do make a valid point, however, these 260 members would have about the same force as 180 FAnG/MISTU members at full strength. ROCK is not really a threat to 1up at all. My point is, 1up claimed to be able to beat MISTU and FAnG alone. FAnG obviously now suck, so their strength is well below what it should be. Unless they estimated it to be like that, in which case, played guess work.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 17:03   #214
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methedrine
Congratulations Sid, you just made yourself look very stupid. I recommend you reading this story about the boy who cried wolf.
If you're going to troll, at least have the decency to do it on your main account rather than your gimmick one.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 17:03   #215
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Or guessed FAnG to be where MISTU is and vice versa? That's how I would have seen it.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 17:06   #216
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Methedrine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you're going to troll, at least have the decency to do it on your main account rather than your gimmick one.
Sorry, it wasn't meant as a troll, more a reference to the bad image of claiming stuff without having the required proof to back it up completely.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 17:11   #217
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Hi Achi

You do make a valid point, however, these 260 members would have about the same force as 180 FAnG/MISTU members at full strength. ROCK is not really a threat to 1up at all. My point is, 1up claimed to be able to beat MISTU and FAnG alone. FAnG obviously now suck, so their strength is well below what it should be. Unless they estimated it to be like that, in which case, played guess work.
Your post is slightly off-topic but it contains some misconceptions I'll try to address anyway:

1. You forget Mistu has enlarged itself by taking in Phraktos members.
2. I've never claimed 1up could beat 2 full alliances on similar average scores to us at once.
3. You seem to assume only FMP are involved in attacking us in an organised fashion - that may not be the case.
4. With the current exp system, score growth is far easier vs 100 big planets than vs 200 small ones. Assuming you can capture as many roids from both sets of players, you'd get 4* the exp taking them from the larger planets.
5. Lack of fleet slots is a major issue.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 17:16   #218
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
I'm sure you are simply underestimating your own profound genius.
Modesty is one of my better qualities

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 17:17   #219
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
No arrangements are in place at all - let alone "for some time". When I find out the full extent of the cooperation - its proposed duration and full list of participants specifically - then I'll know whether or not 1up even needs to change its course of going solo. So far, most of those involved appear to prefer to avoid public comment which, whilst understandable, tends to lead me to conclude the worst.

To reiterate: 1up have had no deals all round, currently have no deals and have not commenced any discussions to make any.

Are you really trying to imply you had no coningency?

I think thats different to having "arrangements". Also it doesnt really answer the "lets bash th universe and avoid LCH!" issue now does it?

If yu stay solo ater posting this then I wuld sa top notch you are standing by what yu said, but you and I know you have no intention of that now do you?

Ah well time to go home see you all tommorow
Proud to be Independent
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 17:21   #220
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

just like to take this opportunity to flame spacecookie again.... figure 1 per page oughta do....

my 9 year old could write a more coherent paragraph

oh and let me add this......... 1up and Synthetic Syd would have been idiots to not have a "contingency" or a back-up plan. Same can be said for any alliance with half a brain. (ok, I promise... I won't go there )

Everyone bitched moaned whined and complained.... No Blocking bla bla bla... So here we are..... Now people find something else to bitch moan whine and complain about... 1up, Syd, Fang, MISTU, Rock, etc....The price of battery operated marital aids (oops sorry)... THIS IS NO DIFFERENT than any other PA round, always someone and something to bitch about....and the battle lines get drawn and people get flamed, and people get called everything in the book, get told how completely ignorant they are etc.....

The no blocking has been fun... been an interesting round to this point... maybe a little of both are in order...then we can say R11 had everything.. whatever..let's just play the freakin game and quit whining... 5 pages because people don't like 1 up, or 4 pages cuz people don't like MISTU (and ya cookie boy, I still think they are low lifes)

You guys kill me... gotta thank you though..didn't have to spend $12.00 on a best seller....

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 8 Jul 2004 at 17:55.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 17:22   #221
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Just to stray off-topic for a tad.

Amidst all these posts on an interesting topic, may I just ask some(it's pretty obvious, who i'm referring to) of you to _please_ atleast type and formulate your arguments to the extent that it's around 70% legible & coherent. It's not that hard, eh?

Nevertheless, continue with your discussion.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 17:36   #222
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
Are you really trying to imply you had no coningency?

I think thats different to having "arrangements".
How is it different? And no, i'm trying to "imply" that we had no contingency. I'll try to word this carefully for the benefit of yourself and others who are hard-of-thinking. Obviously 1up have contingencies - we can always approach HC of other alliances and try to negotiate deals, and technically that qualifies as a contingency. Similarly, before the round started we spoke to a number of alliances (including FanG) and agreements were reached that if a major block developed at the start of the round we'd consider cooperation to force it to split up. The start of the round has passed - and that "contingency" is no longer relevant. We have no agreements with any alliance of "if event X happens then we will do action Y together". In fact we have absolutely no agreements or arrangements of any kind with any alliance whatsoever.

Quote:
Also it doesnt really answer the "lets bash th universe and avoid LCH!" issue now does it?
I'll try to spell this out slowly for you. When you're already actively being targetted by a number of alliances, it isn't wise to go out of your way to attack others. When I set targets I try to focus on galaxies with a number of members of alliances who we consider to be actively targetting us (as opposed to just hitting us where we're in galaxies that are nice targets). Where there's LCH in galaxies for our attacks they get hit just the same as anyone else in there. The sole exception to that is when an attack is very precisely targetted on an individual alliance, or is into a 1up galaxy - at which stage noone other than the alliance being targetted is launched on, irrespective of whether they're LCH, Vision, FanG or whoever.

Quote:
If yu stay solo ater posting this then I wuld sa top notch you are standing by what yu said, but you and I know you have no intention of that now do you?
You know fk-all about what I intend. I suspect you barely even know what your own intentions are. Your opinion of me/1up is not likely to be a determining factor in our future actions.

Quote:
Ah well time to go home see you all tommorow
Don't rush back on my account.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 17:52   #223
Pure

Pure is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Summation of thread
5) The universe ends with AD still arguing.

None of them make it to heaven.
hehe hehe hehe, I read through this thread skimming for teh non bullshit responses, and struck gold! the only statement on here that doesn't stink of misinterpretation
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 17:57   #224
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Your post is slightly off-topic but it contains some misconceptions I'll try to address anyway:

1. You forget Mistu has enlarged itself by taking in Phraktos members.
2. I've never claimed 1up could beat 2 full alliances on similar average scores to us at once.
3. You seem to assume only FMP are involved in attacking us in an organised fashion - that may not be the case.
4. With the current exp system, score growth is far easier vs 100 big planets than vs 200 small ones. Assuming you can capture as many roids from both sets of players, you'd get 4* the exp taking them from the larger planets.
5. Lack of fleet slots is a major issue.
1) True, but its still not that much of a difference.
2) I'm sure I read FAnG and MISTU allying wasnt seen as a problem by you.
3) Who else is attacking you in an organised fashion?
4) but the score doesnt affect your ability to outroid and outproduce your opponents.
5) Use them more effectively.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 18:05   #225
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
1) True, but its still not that much of a difference.
2) I'm sure I read FAnG and MISTU allying wasnt seen as a problem by you.
3) Who else is attacking you in an organised fashion?
4) but the score doesnt affect your ability to outroid and outproduce your opponents.
5) Use them more effectively.
1) An influx of 25 very active players with good planets is a significant difference, irrespective of the spin you're going to try and put on it.

2) That was a tongue in cheek response to a thread before the round even started by Cayl. However, it's a moot point as it's FAnG, Mistu and ROCK.

3) Possibly not worded quite correctly. 3 alliances with organised attacks and everyone else hitting us at random it's adding pressure to an overwhelming situation whichever way you look at it.

4) How can one outroid if one has almost constant incoming? Would tell your members they aren't getting defence because gaining roids is more important?

5) Hilarious.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 18:19   #226
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
1) An influx of 25 very active players with good planets is a significant difference, irrespective of the spin you're going to try and put on it.

2) That was a tongue in cheek response to a thread before the round even started by Cayl. However, it's a moot point as it's FAnG, Mistu and ROCK.

3) Possibly not worded quite correctly. 3 alliances with organised attacks and everyone else hitting us at random it's adding pressure to an overwhelming situation whichever way you look at it.

4) How can one outroid if one has almost constant incoming? Would tell your members they aren't getting defence because gaining roids is more important?

5) Hilarious.
1) 22*, even still, MISTU currently do not have a great deal of organisation.

2) Indeed, but I said FMR is similar to FM at full strength.

3) Wouldnt you want to fight for your victory, instead of having the easiest ride possible, like you have had so far?

4) the stats are set up this round such that being aggresive is the best policy. if you lose 100 roids, go and cap 150. Etc. Its the best plan.

5) I like to think of myself as quite a comedian
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 18:20   #227
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
After informing myself a bit about this "Kjeldoran" I wonder how one can take his word as a confirmation of stuff? He isn't in any position to state anything related to FAnG according to his forum signature.
Is it just me, or is 1Up just trying to trick everyone into believing their claims?

[EDIT] This damn confused-smiley isn't working
idiot ....

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 18:22   #228
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
5) I like to think of myself as quite a comedian
judgeing from your lasf few posts I must agree. You are one funny guy.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 18:25   #229
Treveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
idiot ....
So who do you think it is hiding behind that fake account, KJ? Heartless?

Suggestions are welcome!
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 18:25   #230
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Is it just me, or is 1Up just trying to trick everyone into believing their claims? .
*Ding Ding Ding*
Winner, we have ourselves a WINNER!

It's sid, he'll always try to make people believe something that isn't factual so he can turn it to his benifit.
He's trying to set up a block out of "retaliation" towards the other block which is "NON-EXISTANT"
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]

Last edited by Psi_K; 8 Jul 2004 at 18:46.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 18:27   #231
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
judgeing from your lasf few posts I must agree. You are one funny guy.
Thanks \o/
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 18:48   #232
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

I'm kinda used for being the blame of everything. So abit well played PR against me (not by Sid) ain't gonna hurt me really.

if pple don't take my word as truthfull when I speak for FAnG, then that's your loss. FAnG started the round solo and has NO ally or NAP atm and isn't about to have any of such, that's about all I'll say.

Also, don't expect me or Sid to post a log or convo or anything really.

rgds Kj, FAnG HC

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 19:08   #233
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
3) Wouldnt you want to fight for your victory, instead of having the easiest ride possible, like you have had so far?
because 100-120 inbound fleets (and those are just the ones that were reported) over the space of 2-3 ticks is easy.... go stfu.

whatever spot we have earned, and will earn, will be due to the quality and dedication of our memberbase in the face of rather shitty odds. every day they amaze me.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 19:41   #234
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

It's character building Tis

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 19:46   #235
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
It's character building Tis

~Vaio~
Of course it is. Its a lot of things. But one thing it is NOT is an easy ride.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 19:59   #236
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
exactly my point, it was easy before the past couple of nights
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 21:13   #237
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Care to enlighten us why ND has such a hard time? I see them constantly losing roids.
I mean if for 1up beeing hit randomly and by 3 allies exclusively is an easy ride, what about nd ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 21:45   #238
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Talking Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
I've never claimed 1up could beat 2 full alliances on similar average scores to us at once.
Your mate Cayl has though (I think that's where they got the idea from, anyway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviendha
And let me add, between lokken and Vaio, i think BlueTuba is gonna win this round
We can't help ourselves

anyway, I'll leave Steve with you lot, he seems to just be out taking the piss out of everyone which is great.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 21:57   #239
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I've never heard so much rubbish. You think the nights beforehand have been easy? If you think we've been sitting pretty without doing any work whatsoever, then I'm afraid you are clearly dillusional.

It is indeed an interesting and enlightening challenge.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 22:23   #240
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
Bet you thought it would be though

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 22:28   #241
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Care to enlighten us why ND has such a hard time? I see them constantly losing roids.
I mean if for 1up beeing hit randomly and by 3 allies exclusively is an easy ride, what about nd ?
what stats are you watching, our roid count has gone up 8 of the last 10 nights, we've put 9 galaxies on the top owned list in the last 2 weeks....... Sure, we've had long nights like everyone else, defense isn't so easy to come by with these stats, we're all having to deal with the same stuff

We don't sit here claiming to be some Super Power, we don't play to win at all cost...we have fun playing Planetarion, and most of the time, we're in our channel's laughing about all the ignorant crap that goes on here......
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 22:40   #242
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
what stats are you watching, our roid count has gone up 8 of the last 10 nights, we've put 9 galaxies on the top owned list in the last 2 weeks....... Sure, we've had long nights like everyone else, defense isn't so easy to come by with these stats, we're all having to deal with the same stuff

We don't sit here claiming to be some Super Power, we don't play to win at all cost...we have fun playing Planetarion, and most of the time, we're in our channel's laughing about all the ignorant crap that goes on here......
Im happy for you tho the last 24h you lost about 2.5k rocks.
Nothing wrong with that, just fish should stuff his wisdom while having a hard time himself.

P.S. not winning at all costs is just a coverup for a lack of success. Im sure none of your members says "i dont defend my buddy, i want him roided cause thats soo much fun".
We were talking about exactly the same things you are voicing now in your defence wrg to 1up.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 22:48   #243
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Im happy for you tho the last 24h you lost about 2.5k rocks.
Nothing wrong with that, just fish should stuff his wisdom while having a hard time himself.

P.S. not winning at all costs is just a coverup for a lack of success. Im sure none of your members says "i dont defend my buddy, i want him roided cause thats soo much fun".
We were talking about exactly the same things you are voicing now in your defence wrg to 1up.
We had a bad night, a lot of random incs appeared at once, unless of course, people have blocked against us JOKE FS

PS. Members do not say that, but a lot of our members do not care if we win or lose, as winning isnt their primary objective. I know a lot of people find that mentality hard to understand, being in gals with chika, Jurgen and lizardking before etc heh. Of course its not nice to be roided, I got wtfpwned by a nice VisioN member a few days ago. But then, I didnt really care, its hard to understand from an outsider, but I honestly dont care about my planet. I am only playing for NewDawn this round. Even half of ND dont believe me

This is turning into a I love me post, I am trying to explain, that our community spirit is not a cover up. ND have been around longer than any other alliance, and we have people who stay there forever, never leave. There is a reason for that. It is no cover up at all.

I love you ND (even tyger and Nef)
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 22:55   #244
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

you feeling ok fish? anyway ND hasnt been around longer than F-Crew i think...

anyway to support fish here... to 'win at all costs' in PA, to me, is to spend ridiculous amounts of time online just for planetarion. there are some in ND who do that - but not the majority. hence we don't go for 'win at all costs', simple as that.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 22:56   #245
The_Fish
ND

I'm a little drunk. And I think ND are the only alliance to play every round. Please correct me if I'm wrong
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 22:59   #246
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

HR, in various forms has played every round

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 23:40   #247
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Pulease..............not a cover up, it's what ND is about...you would really have to be in our channels hangin out to understand maybe... I don't know... Personally.....I spent my money like everyone else... ofcoarse I'd like to have a great round...but I'm not gonna lose sleep if I get roided.. got a wonderful woman I'm gonna marry in October, two great kids, a good job....this is not the priority.. I'm in ND because the people are great, they know the game, they just don't take stuff too seriously. Currently top 5, finished last round in top 5...after dealing with massive incomings initially from FMP........I don't think a lack of success is an issue with ND.

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 8 Jul 2004 at 23:41. Reason: spelling
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 01:58   #248
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

We've seen both FAnG and MISTU HC declare that they have no allies/naps atm, surprisng how 1up posters have avoided quoting Kjeldorans post like the plague, no more made up stories to combat it with i suppose??
Ultores
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 02:49   #249
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
We've seen both FAnG and MISTU HC declare that they have no allies/naps atm, surprisng how 1up posters have avoided quoting Kjeldorans post like the plague, no more made up stories to combat it with i suppose??
You should read all of his posts carefully. He's denied fang have any naps or allies, but he hasn't (nor will he) deny that Fang cooperated with Rock/Mistu on attacks and used a shared channel to arrange them in. He acknowledged early on in this thread that was true.

Any alliance HC present earlier today in the alliance reps channel could also confirm that a Fang rep there began explaining in detail what cooperation had occurred - but broke off when others insisted on talking about other issues. The channel existed, the cooperation occurred: there's no future for anyone in denying it. HC from a number of alliances have now confirmed to me that they were approached by a Mistu member (kaifux) to join in last night's attacks: some accepted, some declined.

If you want to know the truth then there's little point you asking me - as you'll refuse to believe me anyway. As I've said before - speak to kaifux: he's in your alliance (Mistu) and can fill you in in detail on what channels were used, the long list of alliances approached etc.

You ask me for proof - yet when I tell you where you can get it from a member of your own alliance you refuse to do so. Do you want to know the truth or not?
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 03:43   #250
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

If I were a Mistu HC.

I would really hope and pray hard that a certain so so regular member won't pm any non-mistu regular member in Netgamers to join him/his group to attack a certain planet/gal today..

Or else...

Another thread similar to this will be born
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Closed Thread