User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 29 Sep 2005, 16:05   #51
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice
Re: R14 Top 100 Planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
we had to hit 1up alone when you guys refused to hit 1up, deciding to hit Reunion only, leaving LCH to take on 1up

incidently, I'm told me and lukey were near the top hostile planets before the LCH disband
so insomnia didn't hit 1up at all? right..
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 16:06   #52
Pietje

Pietje is on a distinguished road

#35 is [MC]Hellfire
Pietje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 16:07   #53
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Sorry I dont recall any mass recruitment wave from 1up. Most of the latter recruits for 1up came from LCH which weren't protected from 1up attacks - to dispel your little illusion. LukeyLove and Stifler are two prominent figures off top of my memory- they were some of the most hostile planets to 1up before joining us.

So really, fk off in saying we're claiming credit for anothers work and making implications without raw facts.
Thanks for reminding me i have to write for idiots on AD. Ofc i meant "protected" in the sense of "defended", so yes, it's exactly what you say. They were hostile to 1up, they got incs from 1up, they were NOT defended by 1up at that time obviously.

You gave the raw facts yourself? Damn, that dispels my little illusion so much.
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 16:08   #54
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Hmmm. Where is the post i was supposed to reply here?
I could swear i read Kargool post some nonsense

T'was I I must admit,
I find him quite a twit,
For all around we're getting on grand,
Until they heard that screeching sound,
Of another trolling git.
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 16:09   #55
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Hmm, btw, i think Gio2k has Recluse and Kerchie mixed up, it was the other way round
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 16:12   #56
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
so insomnia didn't hit 1up at all? right..
not when we were working together, nor after dS left them. They canceled the nap cos they didnt have a proper arby and hence were making a lot of friendly fires,

so yes as I said while you guys refused to hit 1up with us, we were hitting them alone. Yet you still have the cheek to say "we hit 1up alone, noone else did"

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 16:18   #57
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Do you see me claim differently Jester (in the most polite yet serious way)? Ifso PLZ do point out where. Yes, MISTU deserves partly credits for the Angel top planets.

And I hope you realize how different the situations are that you've just compared ... infact I'm confident you realize that aswell and just used it as an example. Fair enough then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary.com
hy·per·bo·le P Pronunciation Key (h-pûrb-l)
n.
A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 16:26   #58
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Would they? Colt and Icewind were LCH aswell and left LCH when Stifler and Luke did. They both joined Angels and both are in top25 ...

How comes 1up would screw over Stifler till he's dead but wouldn't do the same with colt or icewind? Weren't they LCH either? Weren't they hostile either? What exactly is the difference between Colt and Stifler, from 1up's point of view?

If you claim 1up would have kicked Stifler out the top100 ... then how come another LCH top planet survived in the top25? Just cause he joined Angels? I doubt that'd be a reason at all.

I'm just wondering, cypher. If you could provide me with a reason then fair enough. I just think when LCH fell apart (split up), they weren't considered top hostile towards 1up anymore hence would have been far less concentrated on.
the answer to this is indeed planetnap.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 16:29   #59
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
the answer to this is indeed planetnap.
Angels has 8 planets in top 100, 2 out of those with nap?
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 16:31   #60
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Angels members (only a few btw) got their planet naps after they split from LCH, when all chances of beating 1up were gone. Before that Angels and LCHs were the among the most hostile planets towards 1up. I wonder if ND can claim the same. I give you a cookie for calling US afraid.
as for you being most hostile, you should ask 1up hc that as they are the only ones with real records of that and you just think you are, not saying you aint, just saying there is no way of knowing for you.

however all that put aside. i must say i have the greatest respect for 13:6:10 aka zoro aka a tof planet, who fought ALL round long. and kept the game fun, while being the sole target for me/cocteau/elviz and others for quite a while.
All the respect to him for playing an excellent round and never being napped to us as far as i know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
Angels has 8 planets in top 100, 2 out of those with nap?
I'm quite sure more of you had 1, but i can't be sure as i didn't have arbi access.

Also i never said they wouldn't have finished out side of top 100. i said they would have finished alot lower, which i doubt anyone can deny.
And i made 2 examples about luke and stifler. They acted quite hostile and stifler is basically always a prime target for 1up, poor him and he would have been attacked over and over again probably unlike some others. Even though we did like him and there was mutual respect i think
Luke himself said often enough he only joined 1up for the end of this round so he could keep some ranks, guess it's clear how i feel about him/that so i won't get into that heh.

Last edited by cypher; 29 Sep 2005 at 16:43.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 16:39   #61
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They acted quite hostile and stifler is basically always a prime target for 1up, poor him and he would have been attacked over and over again probably unlike some others.
despite that I still did <3 you before I joined 1up

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 29 Sep 2005, 16:42   #62
shik
Sorry, Chicken...

shik is infamous around these partsshik is infamous around these parts

18 6 10 16 Lin-Sivvi Defiant Heroes 14562269 5600 Cat [APA] zephod

96 6 2 10 Mutter!!! Oh Gib Mir Kraft! 7417672 1858 Zik HOSTILE mutter`

both [TGV] and my nick isn't mutter` but shikamaru_

proud to be the only hostile planet
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 16:48   #63
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
If Recluse had a pnap, he lost it quite fast, since i was covering 1up incomings on him for the rest of the round almost since i started helping with DC tasks over the last 3 weeks or so.
There you have it.
no, Recluse didn't have 1up incoming all round, I was in his galaxy, and 1up, and quite aware of his planet status, his planet NAP was in place and active since about the 5th week of the round
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 17:44   #64
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Yuh. Mixed Recluse and Kerchie up, as Colt said.
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 17:53   #65
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
as for you being most hostile, you should ask 1up hc that as they are the only ones with real records of that and you just think you are, not saying you aint, just saying there is no way of knowing for you.
Erm. No, i don't need to ask 1up HC to say that LCH and Angels planets were AMONG the most hostile planets.
Most LCH raids during this round were organized against 1up gals. Until the split, roughly 3 out of 5 planets i attacked were 1up. Same should go for all the LCH when we were fighting. All along the round, you got heavy incs from 3 alliances mainly: Insomnia (until they disbanded), Hydra and us (LCH / Angels).
I don't have statistics, which 1up may posses, but on the other side, everyone who has been following the round events and has common sense will agree that LCH/Angels were among the most hostile to 1up.
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 18:21   #66
Geezer77
There's Only One United!!

Geezer77 is on a distinguished road

#12 6:10:7, could you change my name to Geezer77. Just 'Geezer' looks wrong to me :P

'Death Smiles at us all, All a Man can do is Smile Back'
Geezer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 18:37   #67
PDTemplar
WAFFLES FFS!!!

PDTemplar is an unknown quantity at this point

can one of the admins check what the highest ranked free planet is?
i'm curious about it

Proud to be Xanadu BC
PDTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 18:46   #68
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDTemplar
can one of the admins check what the highest ranked free planet is?
i'm curious about it
6:6:20 Viki of [IRR]

Ranked #224. Kargool was most delightfully considerate enough to offer the owner of the planet a credit for the next round.
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 19:36   #69
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Too many 1up planets... if only someone had listened to Motox!

(Congradulations everyone)
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 20:18   #70
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

50 6 6 8 Warlord Quintus Forgeworld IV 10058100 1706 Xan

Defended many planets along with 6:6:20 (top free planet) so im pretty sure he's IRR as well, bloody good player he is to, went by the nick "Firepower" on his rare appearances on IRC

*fluffles his MoD

DJeteh
Proud GC of 6:6
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 20:54   #71
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

6:6:8, i attacked him a few times, I wanted his Fi that looked to me as though he had farmed them, considering he had 20k harpy/20k+spiders and 20k+ corsair, but damn i was jealous
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 20:57   #72
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Indeed thats the reason i hit him, as newsiing him every 2 days he had very dubious lands :/ (that he capped deffing that is)
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 21:25   #73
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold

6:6:8

heh, i know he defended my galaxy mate once/twice and got some spiders from that planet off the attacker..

PGlee of LeeThing, MOW of 5:1
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 21:29   #74
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold

and for the wiki.

am Hydra --> Reunion.

68 5 1 12 PGlee LeeThing 8553650 1418 Zik Reunion PGlee
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 21:36   #75
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

It's all in the past, but LCH deserve respect for their constant attempts to hit 1up. My respect for them did increase a lot this round, shame it was their last round as anything important
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 21:43   #76
Stifler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
It's all in the past, but LCH deserve respect for their constant attempts to hit 1up. My respect for them did increase a lot this round, shame it was their last round as anything important
yea and you went and did what you bitched at LCH for doing in R12, so i guess mine for ND went down

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 29 Sep 2005, 21:54   #77
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
yea and you went and did what you bitched at LCH for doing in R12, so i guess mine for ND went down
Not really, the situation was completely different.

ND would have been prepared to hit 1up with friends. And we planned to, we wanted to beat Reunion for a few more days, til they were out of the equation, and then hit 1up with LCH. However, I was a little short sighted in that I expected Reunion to crumble before LCH. Once LCH collapsed, it was nowhere near a R12 situation, back then it was LCH/VsN/VGN/HR against ND/1up/couple of alliances not really on top of their game, in R14 it was ND V 1up/Reunion.

Then we did the sensible option, and secured 2nd.

in Round 12, LCH actually had around a 40m lead for a while, but when 1up and ND came closing in, you hit ND in the hope of still winning the round. That was rather stupid, imo.
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 22:07   #78
Stifler

Quote:
ND would have been prepared to hit 1up with friends
We asked you to hit 1up with us, I know cos I was one of the ones who asked. Yet you were content to go for roids that were a little easier in Reunion while LCH kept 1up busy, despite the fact you knew how much incoming we were getting

Quote:
in Round 12, LCH actually had around a 40m lead for a while, but when 1up and ND came closing in, you hit ND in the hope of still winning the round. That was rather stupid, imo.
I wasnt HC at the time, but I know some of the reasoning behind the decision. We were getting quite a bit incoming from both ND and 1up, and like you made the assumption that Reunion would crumble easily this round, we thought we could take ND out of the equation quickly and hence have only the better (and dont forgot smaller) 1up to deal with in a 1 on 1.

Like your decision with Reunion proved a mistake, so did our decision with ND

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 29 Sep 2005, 22:09   #79
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

87 9 9 6 fail MU Status x 7631277 1273 Zik [APA]

^^^ VGN
Well, according to the VGN arbiter it is anyway
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 22:47   #80
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
We asked you to hit 1up with us, I know cos I was one of the ones who asked. Yet you were content to go for roids that were a little easier in Reunion while LCH kept 1up busy, despite the fact you knew how much incoming we were getting

I wasnt HC at the time, but I know some of the reasoning behind the decision. We were getting quite a bit incoming from both ND and 1up, and like you made the assumption that Reunion would crumble easily this round, we thought we could take ND out of the equation quickly and hence have only the better (and dont forgot smaller) 1up to deal with in a 1 on 1.

Like your decision with Reunion proved a mistake, so did our decision with ND
At the time Reunion were hitting us a lot more than 1up were, and we offered them a ceasefire/nap, and they didn't get back to us, so we decided to hit them until they were dead, and then we would have hit 1up with you.

it was obvious in Round 12 that LCH would have to beat 1up to win the round. At a crucial stage, when 1up were ready to take the lead, you chose to direct all firepower at us. When it was obvious that we werent going to die, you still hit us, when you could have still had a chance of #1 with all your friends backing you.

This round however, if Insomnia, Hydra, WP and yourselves hadn't collapsed, we could have compared this round more as it was to R12, but in the end, we were completely alone facing incs from Reunion and 1up. We stood no chance, no alliance would have stood a chance.
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 23:15   #81
Stifler

Quote:
At the time Reunion were hitting us a lot more than 1up were, and we offered them a ceasefire/nap, and they didn't get back to us, so we decided to hit them until they were dead, and then we would have hit 1up with you.
When Reunion didn't fall quickly/easily, and you saw the loses that LCH had been taking over a couple of days period, don't you think it would have been wise to stop and say "hang on at this rate there wont be a LCH left to hit 1up with"

Quote:
it was obvious in Round 12 that LCH would have to beat 1up to win the round. At a crucial stage, when 1up were ready to take the lead, you chose to direct all firepower at us. When it was obvious that we werent going to die, you still hit us, when you could have still had a chance of #1 with all your friends backing you.
When we started hitting you, 1up weren’t about to take the lead that happened since (like Reunion didn’t for you), ND didn’t die quickly/easily for us and 1up then had a longer then expected time of not enough incomings.

It also didn’t help that some of our top planets went and accepted 1up p-naps which reduced the firepower we could have directed at them,

In hindsight, it would have been wise when you didn’t die, to concentrate more on 1up but as I said I wasn’t involved in that decision anyway. However this could have proven tricky, since elviz/cocteau, the two biggest planets at the time, refused to listen to the HC and TeK also went and shipjumped to 1up.

Similarly, you can also say that in hindsight it would have been better to stop hitting Reunion and concentrate on 1up with LCH.

However, you don’t appear to want to look at the similarities in the two situations since it makes ND look like hypocrites.

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 29 Sep 2005, 23:19   #82
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
When Reunion didn't fall quickly/easily, and you saw the loses that LCH had been taking over a couple of days period, don't you think it would have been wise to stop and say "hang on at this rate there wont be a LCH left to hit 1up with"

When we started hitting you, 1up weren’t about to take the lead that happened since (like Reunion didn’t for you), ND didn’t die quickly/easily for us and 1up then had a longer then expected time of not enough incomings.

It also didn’t help that some of our top planets went and accepted 1up p-naps which reduced the firepower we could have directed at them,

In hindsight, it would have been wise when you didn’t die, to concentrate more on 1up but as I said I wasn’t involved in that decision anyway. However this could have proven tricky, since elviz/cocteau, the two biggest planets at the time, refused to listen to the HC and TeK also went and shipjumped to 1up.

Similarly, you can also say that in hindsight it would have been better to stop hitting Reunion and concentrate on 1up with LCH.

However, you don’t appear to want to look at the similarities in the two situations since it makes ND look like hypocrites.
ND honestly did plan to hit 1up after a few more days of beating Reunion. We thought a few more days and we'll be able to have a go at 1up with LCH. I have said before that we shouldn't have waited so long, but whilst Reunion were still hitting us, we wanted to beat them to a pulp.

There are some similarities yes, but the situation is completely different in some respects. There were no allies or possible allies for ND to help when the war with 1up was looming. In R12 VisioN did whatever you wanted them to, and there were other alliances. This round everyone ready for a war had already disbanded, bar us, Reunion and 1up. In R12 it wasnt 2 v 1, it was a 5 v 5 or something similar. In R14 it was certainly a 2 v 1.
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 23:34   #83
Stifler

Quote:
ND honestly did plan to hit 1up after a few more days of beating Reunion. We thought a few more days and we'll be able to have a go at 1up with LCH. I have said before that we shouldn't have waited so long, but whilst Reunion were still hitting us, we wanted to beat them to a pulp.
And we didnt want to beat ND to a pulp for hitting us so much?

If you had reviewed the situation daily instead of only when there was a major ranking change (e.g. Reunion jumping to #1/#2 after the hydra merge), maybe you could have realised you were leaving it a bit late for LCH to be able give any support in a war with 1up.

Quote:
There are some similarities yes, but the situation is completely different in some respects. There were no allies or possible allies for ND to help when the war with 1up was looming. In R12 VisioN did whatever you wanted them to, and there were other alliances. This round everyone ready for a war had already disbanded, bar us, Reunion and 1up. In R12 it wasnt 2 v 1, it was a 5 v 5 or something similar. In R14 it was certainly a 2 v 1.
Yes the situation is different since in R12 ND were knowingly acting like 1ups lapdog whereas in R14 they were inadvertently playing into 1ups hands, Also this time 1up actually got concentarted incoming, just it wasnt enough.

The situation is similar since this time it was ND hitting the weaker/easier target, rather then the "correct" target with LCH

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 29 Sep 2005, 23:39   #84
The_Fish
ND

Like I said, it's similar, but the reasons for hitting said alliances was different. And thats why you can't compare the situation too much.
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 23:41   #85
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
And we didnt want to beat ND to a pulp for hitting us so much?

If you had reviewed the situation daily instead of only when there was a major ranking change (e.g. Reunion jumping to #1/#2 after the hydra merge), maybe you could have realised you were leaving it a bit late for LCH to be able give any support in a war with 1up.

Yes the situation is different since in R12 ND were knowingly acting like 1ups lapdog whereas in R14 they were inadvertently playing into 1ups hands, Also this time 1up actually got concentarted incoming, just it wasnt enough.

The situation is similar since this time it was ND hitting the weaker/easier target, rather then the "correct" target with LCH
tbh, if there's one alliance that had the last hand (nxt to 1up) to 1up's victory it's reunion. Yes nd hit lch, lch hit nd also.
yes nd didn't hit 1up but hit reunion, reunion concentrated on us to, just as lch concentrated on 1 up and vice versa. If insomnia/lch (the 2 allies we had bounds with this rnd) hadn't disbanded it could''ve been different.

Berten
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 23:45   #86
Stifler

Quote:
Like I said, it's similar, but the reasons for hitting said alliances was different. And thats why you can't compare the situation too much.
ok, this is my last post here on the subject since we are going a bit off topic but I just wanna point out that at the start of this discussion you said "the situation is completely different" but know you admit its at least partly similar

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 29 Sep 2005, 23:53   #87
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
ok, this is my last post here on the subject since we are going a bit off topic but I just wanna point out that at the start of this discussion you said "the situation is completely different" but know you admit its at least partly similar
It's similar in that #2 alliance hit #3 alliance, and not #1.

However, it is a completely different situation that ND was in this round as opposed to LCH in R12.
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 00:25   #88
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

LCH in r12 were something like 35-40 million score ahead of 1up when they started hitting ND with VisioN and MISTU, I believe.

ND were (I think?) 3rd when we started hitting Reunion again this round ('they started it' etc. I wasn't about for the initiation of hostilities though, I was camping :/ ). Reunion were bigger than ND at that point, so I find it hard to draw a strong parallel between the situation in round 12 and this round. And we did approach Reunion with the chance of hitting 1up (Which I still think would have given them a better chance. As it is, they ended in the worst possible place they could have). There's a link, but it's tenuous.

Though I do have to say the sluggishness in target change was largely my own fault; we should have hit 1up earlier. Towards the end of the war with Reunion I was suffering quite nasty health problems becuse of the work I'd been doing, I was going back to college, etc.

So I was getting less and less active. With no active political HC as backup, we had little hope of gaining support vs. 1up, whilst I was in no position to organise a proper war. And to be fair, it's utterly my own fault that I ran too many attacks earlier and didn't let the other BCs get practice in this round (then again, whenever I tried to find someone, it sometimes took me hours to even get hold of someone who'd be willing to do it, if I even managed to).

So I made noob HC mistakes in my department, missing out on what could have been best for ND, though I stand by the claim that ND's situation this round was very different to LCH's in round 12.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 01:50   #89
Zero
uber pe0n

Zero will become famous soon enoughZero will become famous soon enough

A slightly neater version for all you fanatics out there

Code:
#   x  y  z  R Name                 P Name                score    roids race Alliance       Nick
1   6  10 12 Lille Silje            Vanilje               32900424 11538 Cat  1up            elviz
2   6  10 1  Mesh and Lace          Milk and Kisses       27520010 14174 Ter  1up            cocteau
3   6  10 6  Suicidal Tendencies    Past Attacks          24747086 12705 Ter  Reunion        Benneh
4   6  10 10 cypher                 bunnyworld            24650737 11869 Ter  1up            cypher
5   5  10 2  Hardcore               Cat Fetish            23599142 10055 Zik  1up            LukeyLove
6   6  10 5  The Profits            Microsuck             23568962  8847 Cat  1up            Desse
7   2  9  5  Leave you with         the love we made      21453776 10169 Xan  1up            bwtmc
8   9  6  3  Warriors               Heaven And Earth      21030565 10146 Zik  1up            gmufc
9   2  9  2  Gang                   Four                  18896925  6333 Cat  1up            Rob
10  12 3  4  Lost in the search     a destination         17561012  8209 Ter  1up            Storebo
11  11 5  5  Bender                 Planet Express        17182066  6786 Cat  1up            Andi
12  6  10 7  Stockholme             Syndrome              17159991  7102 Ter  Newdawn        Geezer
13  6  2  14 Total_Lack             Self_Respect          16786955  2288 Ter  Reunion        Carl
14  9  6  10 Lt John Rico           56th Mobile Infantry  15849734  1674 Cat  Newdawn        McFun
15  2  9  6  A Hazy Shade           Winter                15392896  5203 Ter  1up            teknik
16  8  3  14 The darkest            of the Blacks         15318357  5477 Xan  1up            Treveler
17  9  1  9  Waiting to be sucked   f by a nice blonde    14666615   859 Ter  1up            xtothez
18  6  10 16 Lin-Sivvi              Defiant Heroes        14562269  5600 Cat  [APA]          zephod
19  11 5  3  Tweak                  The Twinkie           14464340  7140 Cat  1up            Exor
20  10 9  11 Nightwatcher           Next 10 weeks         13950882  4186 Ter  1up            ^MDK^MAN^
21  13 6  10 Droven                 Welken                13792023  2562 Ter  Tides of Fire
22  13 4  5  Roland                 Gilead                13118207  4797 Xan  Angels         Recluse
23  8  2  8  Eternal Bloom          Cresent Blue Moon     13059615  1596 Ter  1up            chika
24  11 5  9  The Planet             Angels                12879517  3014 Xan  Angels         Colt
25  12 8  9  Marion                 Ravn                  12532283  3038 Zik  1up            Rabbagast
26  6  10 9  Amaruq                 Hellish               12448944  6099 Ter  Tides of Fire  standalone
27  6  10 8  The Sword              The Azure Sky         12301800  3867 Xan  1up            Karandras
28  7  10 11 The Angel              Mercy                 12257794   995 Zik  1up            DeLoS
29  5  5  9  Another Attempt        SimPlanet             12214471  3839 Xan  1up            Cayl
30  14 2  18 Constantine            The Gates of Hell     11933106  3516 Zik  1up            Celebrant
31  3  7  2  little                 ant                   11918252  1706 Zik  Reunion        bigduck
32  4  2  16 School rocks           everytime u got incs  11826442  4289 Cat  1up            DarkAngel_
33  11 1  13 owner                  the empty throne      11796333  3452 Xan  1up            Creature
34  13 5  7  Tear                   Blood                 11776265  3623 Ter  1up            Pattyy
35  7  1  11 Identity Crisis        A Lonely Teen         11655329  3789 Zik  Reunion        [MC]Hellfire
36  8  4  12 figar                  i suck exile me       11569829  1764 Zik                 figar
37  10 1  3  Seductor               Female Population     11153092  1924 Zik  Newdawn        gladiator
38  13 5  13 Professor              Oxford                11085128  2384 Ter  Reunion        BIGGIE
39  6  2  19 Powers                 Persuasion            11069208  3545 Xan  Reunion        Dav
40  5  5  10 A Pocketful            Kryptonite            11038669  5623 Cat  1up            mazzelaar
41  7  1  10 Love Child             Genghis Khan          10860535  2157 Cat  1up            Sandman
42  6  3  11 Oompa Loompa           Chocolate Factory     10856216   838 Xan  1up            hearne
43  9  6  2  Bannor                 Bloodguard            10834153  1249 Cat  Newdawn        Grog
44  7  1  1  Ai Amano               Video Girl            10832321  3640 Cat  1up            Murador
45  10 3  14 Balls                  Steel                 10779387  2444 Zik  Reunion        wishmaster
46  7  7  2  The Intelligence       Albert Einstein       10364735  3654 Xan  Reunion        nAgAsH^
47  3  4  1  The Intense Pain       Groinal Carpet Burns  10295757   440 Cat  Newdawn        Lokken
48  12 7  11 Deepest depth          Depression            10193847  2584 Cat  Newdawn        Troll
49  7  7  16 Director               Pr0n                  10156230  2620 Cat  Newdawn        harv
50  6  6  8  Warlord Quintus        Forgeworld IV         10058100  1706 Xan
51  3  4  3  Movv                   Ceheron                9940189  1570 Cat  Newdawn        Nef
52  12 3  3  The Stealer            Ships                  9690992  1052 Zik  Tides of Fire
53  5  5  15 Day                    The Jackal             9634505  2922 Zik  1up            Tsaron
54  2  1  15 Peter Griffin          Quahog                 9609632  2653 Cat  Newdawn        The Fish
55  6  10 4  Vindraye               Valadon                9547733  3703 Cat  NOS            Nibiru
56  13 6  9  Destructive            Behavior               9311465  3359 Xan  1up            instantnoodle
57  6  5  5  Venus                  Flytrap                9149670  2400 Zik  1up            Sid
58  12 7  7  Guybrush Threepwood    Monkey Island          8996193  3550 Xan  1up            tpb
59  6  5  10 Point                  Impact                 8970413  1542 Zik  Newdawn        Impact
60  6  10 15 Patof                  Klakpow                8880227  1870 Zik  Reunion        fard
61  2  3  7  MuM + DaD - ConDoM =   ProGaMeR               8797816  2177 Xan  Angels         [Irvine]
62  6  8  11 All Warfare Is         Based on Deception     8760047  1501 Xan  Newdawn        Olle
63  13 4  9  YoureDoomed            Balanced Death         8758982  1414 Zik  Vengeance      YourDoomed
64  7  7  11 Another                Vampire                8642569  1068 Zik  Reunion        Abe
65  5  5  2  Gligs                  Prodigy                8632697  1082 Zik  Tides of Fire  Chronox
66  2  2  12 Daniel Waterhouse      Quicksilver            8618614   937 Cat  Angels         Envy
67  6  10 18 Buddah                 I started late         8567758  2460 Zik  HowlingRain
68  5  1  12 PGlee                  LeeThing               8553650  1418 Zik  Reunion        PGlee
69  8  7  15 Tiefschwarz            Tresor                 8531051  1029 Cat  Angels         naq
70  6  2  16 EnemyNr1               Sulawesi               8436187  3073 Xan  Newdawn        MaVeRiXX
71  6  3  8  pisshead island        magnetronic            8419548  1764 Xan  Reunion        zzhou
72  2  3  1  L ö w e n b r ä u      M ü n c h e n          8328636  2614 Cat  Angels         Icewind
73  7  10 7  A Dark Place           The Human Race         8251862  2097 Ter  1up            Noah02
74  8  3  16 Pug                    Stardock               8212028  4057 Xan  1up            Sandvold
75  10 3  13 Slaughter              The Soul               8197494  2617 Xan  Newdawn        Gate
76  6  10 13 Out                    Sight                  8187124  4000 Xan  Reunion        Filth
77  10 9  15 Tree                   Knowledge              8177315  2097 Zik  Newdawn        NitinA
78  6  2  3  fury                   hell hath no           8054379  2052 Xan  Angels
79  13 6  13 Signed up drunk        As usual               8026010  1588 Ter  Reunion        Pilatus
80  12 8  5  The Geometry           Shadows                8000019  3769 Zik  1up            Vargon
81  2  8  8  Dont touch             The cathhar!           7919677  2060 Cat  xVx            king
82  4  2  7  Teh Sexeh Smell        Newborn Kittens        7919366  1855 Xan  1up            Jackie
83  4  7  14 mic                    Eldar                  7885340  1468 Xan  Newdawn        miconof
84  3  4  5  iam not                playing                7720463  1930 Cat  Newdawn        Frosty
85  6  10 20 AxTera                 Was Here               7682463  2403 Zik  xVx            AxTera
86  13 5  10 Space Warrior          Red Earth              7634914  2556 Ter  Tides of Fire
87  9  9  6  fail MU                Status x               7631277  1273 Zik  [APA]
88  14 3  17 Dreamer                J-Bay                  7569152  1112 Xan  Reunion        Pietje
89  7  8  10 lilleman               Courtia                7547072  1538 Zik
90  10 3  15 Big Boss               Sexy Chicks            7539701  1292 Zik  HowlingRain    LaserFighter
91  10 3  9  Nom Anor               Zonama Sekot           7536403  1204 Xan  1up            g0at
92  5  10 9  Emperor                An Empty Throne        7489246  3139 Xan  Tides of Fire
93  8  3  9  never out              weed                   7463772  2786 Ter  Angels         STONEKIN
94  5  5  19 The Art                Wedding Crashing       7461376  2638 Xan  1up            Stifler
95  12 3  12 Garaganorc             Garagaroth             7430641   634 Xan  Newdawn        GaR
96  6  2  10 Mutter!!!              Oh Gib Mir Kraft!      7417672  1858 Zik  HOSTILE        mutter`
97  3  7  7  golan                  gaia                   7377593  1877 Ter  Reunion        freewol
98  13 5  11 running for the        security at live aid   7308185  2717 Cat  1up            Inforza
99  6  1  14 Vision                 Destiny                7262857   574 Xan  Reunion        Wildcard
100 13 5  14 Epson                  Stylus C46             7237575   687 Zik  Reunion        Fink
[edit]updated

Last edited by Zero; 30 Sep 2005 at 23:41.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 07:03   #90
zzhou
zz-crew

zzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to behold

here are a few tips

1. dont fly home on the last day of the round

2. dont go where there is no internet access

3. if you prelaunch your fleet with the intention of not losing it to ziks and other nasty people with 23 hours left in the round, remember to do it +12 as you intended, so your fleet isnt at home while you are away, rather than launching immediatly at 1:1:11, so u can get screwed over in the last 8 ticks or so

follow these 3 steps and you too can avoid dropping 20 ranks on the last day and 1 mil of ships and roids
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 07:44   #91
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

#79 13:6:13 is me.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 09:03   #92
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

lol @ zzhouey
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 09:39   #93
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Also, is it possible to have what we did in round 11, where planets with 1up planetNAPs are highlighted? (either in a certain colour, or bold)
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 10:48   #94
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJet
50 6 6 8 Warlord Quintus Forgeworld IV 10058100 1706 Xan

Defended many planets along with 6:6:20 (top free planet) so im pretty sure he's IRR as well, bloody good player he is to, went by the nick "Firepower" on his rare appearances on IRC

*fluffles his MoD

DJeteh
Proud GC of 6:6
6:6:8 is definatly [IRR] and his true nick was Quintus.

[IRR]HARDCORE!!! :P~
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 11:23   #95
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten
tbh, if there's one alliance that had the last hand (nxt to 1up) to 1up's victory it's reunion. Yes nd hit lch, lch hit nd also.
yes nd didn't hit 1up but hit reunion, reunion concentrated on us to, just as lch concentrated on 1 up and vice versa. If insomnia/lch (the 2 allies we had bounds with this rnd) hadn't disbanded it could''ve been different.

Berten
this is more or less hitting the nail on the head.
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 12:19   #96
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
nah filth is just too inactive to do anything and that includes picking a nick :P
all lies
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 13:43   #97
nAgAsH

nAgAsH is an unknown quantity at this point

What about editing those lists a bit?

#35 is [MC]Hellfire
#39 is only Dav
#49 is harv (not shooter16...)
#79 is Pilatus

Also for the wiki, #13 (Carl), #31 (bigduck), #45 (wishmaster), #46 (nAgAsH^), #64 (Abe), #68 (PGlee) and #88 (Pietje) were all Hydra.
nAgAsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 14:47   #98
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Whee!
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 14:58   #99
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I suggest copying sandmans result for average score, average roids, total score, and so on.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 15:28   #100
Gate
;D!

55 6 10 4 Vindraye Valadon 8045873 9547733 3703 Cat NoS to Tides of Fire Nibiru

Nibiru was with us for a fair bit of the round until he decided he'd rather keep 1k roids than his place in ND.

EDIT: Oh yea, quite a few NDers moved in from other places.

Geezer77 was Insomnia. NitinA was WP. GaR and Impact also moved in from somewhere else but I forget as I spent much of the later part of teh round in vacmode (11 days at teh end I think) and didn't pay much attention after that.

Last edited by Gate; 30 Sep 2005 at 15:34.