User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 11 Feb 2012, 18:53   #51
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ultores

I think we all did a bit.

Still, at least now we're thoughroughly educated as to who the new saviours of PA are.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 19:03   #52
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
this is just plain wrong in so many ways

im wondering if u guys really think these things ureselves or is it a job well done by you`re HC`s talking bullshit like that into yer heads?
Ya its max trying to brainwash us!
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 19:57   #53
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary View Post
You wanted xVx to fight the round with no allies, take the lion's share of the work against Ultores, then turn against them securing #1 for yourselves. You left it too late to hit Ultores and now you are crying. You only have yourselves to blame.
No what people wanted is for once, just once, too see xvx show some backbone and drive to actually want to win the round. Usually top contenders (well top 5) but always and i mean ALWAYS come out with the same crap every round. It was obvious from tick start xvx and ult wouldnt hit each other all round.. the fact youve swapped players etc and your history from previous round(s).

But again, the point which we have made over and over and over in this thread is: When you have a shot at first, your sitting second and you choose to just sit there and help the allie above you instead then whats seriously the point in you playing? Or at least under the tag name 'xvx' might as well be called 'Ultores Tag 2'

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 21:02   #54
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

For some reason I feel none of you have been (or you have forgotten) how shit of a position #2 is to be in. I'd say more often than not #3 has a better shot at winning than #2.

I'm not saying what xVx did was the right choice, but to say xVx should have 'led the charge' on Ultores is extremely naive.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 21:30   #55
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
For some reason I feel none of you have been (or you have forgotten) how shit of a position #2 is to be in. I'd say more often than not #3 has a better shot at winning than #2.

I'm not saying what xVx did was the right choice, but to say xVx should have 'led the charge' on Ultores is extremely naive.
Rofl, how can u say this :/

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 21:35   #56
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Rofl, how can u say this :/
Through experience and observation.
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 22:11   #57
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Through experience and observation.
Then i think you need a little more of both.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 22:23   #58
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

I am sceptical. Do you have any examples?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 00:39   #59
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

Honestly everyone complaining about xVx and Ultores working together is from the other alliances.
Lets just look over a few things.

If you were xVx would you trust CT? #1 hostile alliance for the past 5 rounds against them.

If you were xVx or ultores would you trust ND? They have by far played the dirtiest politics in the past 30 rounds of pa i've played. (my memory past that is gone)

If you were Ultores would you trust CT not to block vs them? I guess if i were ultores hc i would expect them to block and ask everyone to help fight against me.

If you were ultores would you expect apprime help?? .... right

So if you want better politics. I would like to point out. WORK ON YOUR OWN ALLIANCES. STOP BLAMING OTHER ALLIANCES FOR YOUR STUPID ACTIONS.

Alliances like fang/dlr if you want a fun round you trust the 2 alliances that hold their word. xVx and Ultores.
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 02:00   #60
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
Honestly everyone complaining about xVx and Ultores working together is from the other alliances.

If you were xVx would you trust CT? #1 hostile alliance for the past 5 rounds against them.

If you were xVx or ultores would you trust ND? They have by far played the dirtiest politics in the past 30 rounds of pa i've played. (my memory past that is gone)

If you were Ultores would you trust CT not to block vs them? I guess if i were ultores hc i would expect them to block and ask everyone to help fight against me.

So if you want better politics. I would like to point out. WORK ON YOUR OWN ALLIANCES. STOP BLAMING OTHER ALLIANCES FOR YOUR STUPID ACTIONS.

Alliances like fang/dlr if you want a fun round you trust the 2 alliances that hold their word. xVx and Ultores.
Omfg.
I think CT/ND or who ever made it perfectly clear to xVx that they wanted to win the round, and that would mean attacking xVx if that would help them achieving their goals.
xVx did not want to join CT/FaNG/WHATEVAH in their war against Ultores, because they did not get a round long NAP.
The main goal in PA is to achieve the number #1 ranking, how ever xVx has showed us this round that this is not the case for everyone, they would rather go quietly into the night instead of having war, maybe because they dont like war, or maybe because they cant handle war, i dont know.
xVx are becomming the most infamous and dishonoured alliance in PA history if they keep it up at this rate.

Unread 12 Feb 2012, 02:53   #61
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Wrong, in r42 xVx's most hostile alliance was TGV (after a prolonged 3 week war where TGV cycled through xVx's 2 full fortresses, before tgv tried to make a play for first by trying to war CT). xVx actually had a chance to win that round after all, had they not crashed massively 2 days til the end. And ND laughed their asses off at all wars going on and fenced themselfs to the win in a last week effort taking on big DLR and p3n planets together with apprime.

Quote:
whilst i have to agree to this ever since MM took over, i would have to say i have enjoyed my political encounters with them under previous administrations. Granted you knew you were allways in for a backstab near the last week of the round if you ever found ur alliances #1 and #2 at that time.

Quote:
CT is known for leading the blocks to counter the #1 in the most recent rounds. so infact i would expect CT to block against the primary contender for the roundwin. Much more considering CT at least allways aspires to play for #1, however ineffective they may be at that. (let's face it, ur only recent win came as a gift from app after they were defeated by omega and the tgv/xvx/nd block. Granted CT's politics that round were quite decent, as you helped the tgv/xvx/nd block to keep pressure on apprime whilst targetting xvx and nd yourself after omega collapsed).

Quote:
supposedly their relations were somewhat fixed over the past round, and let's face it... app isn't that much of a threat this round...

Quote:
ok i wholeheartedly agree with this.

Quote:
fun doesn't allways come from siding with the alliances you can trust. As for myself i think r41 and r42 have been hugely amusing for TGV. And both rounds we sided (apart from the aformentioned play for #1) with alliances i wouldn't trust to help any alliance but themselfs (CT and ND), and got betrayed by alliances you seem to deem trustworthy (xVx).

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 03:13   #62
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Omfg.
I think CT/ND or who ever made it perfectly clear to xVx that they wanted to win the round, and that would mean attacking xVx if that would help them achieving their goals.
xVx did not want to join CT/FaNG/WHATEVAH in their war against Ultores, because they did not get a round long NAP.
The main goal in PA is to achieve the number #1 ranking, how ever xVx has showed us this round that this is not the case for everyone, they would rather go quietly into the night instead of having war, maybe because they dont like war, or maybe because they cant handle war, i dont know.
xVx are becomming the most infamous and dishonoured alliance in PA history if they keep it up at this rate.

wow, and you have been back for what? 1 round? xVx handled their war pretty well in r43 (better at least then their enemies CT, ND and apprime did that round). So not everyone is in this game for that sacret win, who cares... xVx still plays from their basic principles. One could argue those basic principles come from old days, and should be exposed to a major overhaul to fit in modern day PA... At least xVx is still an alliance who one can trust not to majorly backstab you just for their own gain, whilst everyone knows CT/ND would do anything if it would ensure themself a win.

Unfortunately this game has become too small for ppl to start with a clean slate every round, and the ones at the political top know eachother through and through by now. CT could have easily known that xVx would not have warred Ult in any case, as they haven't warred the 'dark side'(nowadays ultores, previously apprime and ascendancy, as opposed to CT/ND) since r31 (with the exception of r41). Armed with this knowledge they could have started a blockwar on ultores from pt150, like they did to apprime in r42, keeping xVx in check by only incidently attacking them too. Instead they chosen to gamble on xVx's willingness to try and have a shot at #1.

Unread 12 Feb 2012, 05:14   #63
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
wow, and you have been back for what? 1 round? xVx handled their war pretty well in r43 (better at least then their enemies CT, ND and apprime did that round). So not everyone is in this game for that sacret win, who cares... xVx still plays from their basic principles. One could argue those basic principles come from old days, and should be exposed to a major overhaul to fit in modern day PA... At least xVx is still an alliance who one can trust not to majorly backstab you just for their own gain, whilst everyone knows CT/ND would do anything if it would ensure themself a win.

Unfortunately this game has become too small for ppl to start with a clean slate every round, and the ones at the political top know eachother through and through by now. CT could have easily known that xVx would not have warred Ult in any case, as they haven't warred the 'dark side'(nowadays ultores, previously apprime and ascendancy, as opposed to CT/ND) since r31 (with the exception of r41). Armed with this knowledge they could have started a blockwar on ultores from pt150, like they did to apprime in r42, keeping xVx in check by only incidently attacking them too. Instead they chosen to gamble on xVx's willingness to try and have a shot at #1.
Your post dosnt make any sense.
If xVx is so good at having wars, why wouldnt they want to gamble on it this round instead of choosing to fence it off?
xVx were leading untill like, last week or so?
Why on earth would CT/WHATEVAH blockwar against the number 2 alliance?
The main goal should be to obtain the best ranking possibole, and if you want to obtain number one ranking, you will have to beat everything in your way to the top.
xVx how ever has decided that they would rather stagnate the round, getting HCs into top planet rankings, maybe have a few members in the all important #1 gal at tick stop, instead of following the principals of the game.
xVx will forever be remebered for this, and will go down into PA history as a weak and selfish alliance, without any backbone.

Unread 12 Feb 2012, 07:18   #64
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Round 31 Deja Vou - in short
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 09:52   #65
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
1. If xVx is so good at having wars, why wouldnt they want to gamble on it this round instead of choosing to fence it off?

2. xVx were leading untill like, last week or so?

3. Why on earth would CT/WHATEVAH blockwar against the number 2 alliance?
These were ure questions, now lets see the answer..

Quote:
The main goal should be to obtain the best ranking possibole, and if you want to obtain number one ranking, you will have to beat everything in your way to the top.
Now, if u think about what u just said then u ought to understand something that should make sense, why xvx did what they did. Why on earth should xvx have joined ure gangbang of 4 alliances on ultores, risk of taking the heat on themselves through retals due to being the best contender up there than fang/ct/dlr/app/nn, AND when ult was taken down then wait for the same block to turn against them?

Quote:
xVx how ever has decided that they would rather stagnate the round, getting HCs into top planet rankings, maybe have a few members in the all important #1 gal at tick stop, instead of following the principals of the game.
xVx will forever be remebered for this, and will go down into PA history as a weak and selfish alliance, without any backbone.
if u wanna cry, then do it under ure blanket in bed or something.. the fact that HC is one of the top players in xvx means cos he is good player and nothing else.. its really not that intrigueing as u think :P

one more thing.. who exactly will be membered xvx being shit due to being solid to their allies and keeping their stand in the future? must probably just a number of ppl from ct/fang that feel so bitter cos of their own plans not working
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 09:53   #66
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:

Basic principles come from the 'old days'? I hope you mean principles of there own, becuase i havent saw any top contender alliance keep doing this over and over again. Allies such as fury, legion, exi, 1up, wolfpack, ely, eclipse, xanadu... the list could go on. If they thought they had a shot at winning the gold they took it (and aimed for it) joining actual wars, p targetting not just occasionaly gal raiding and trying to keep as neutral as possible. So these 'old days' you speak off.. if xvx had played this exact tactic when of course the huge block wars used to take place and tried to take the easy way out they would of been roided/farmed back to the stone age. Think its about time they changed tactics and evolved with the game. PA is loosing players by the round and the playerbase is getting even smaller.. so to sit at second place and help first win in a very small player based game now is another reason why people are moaning, becuase it makes the round boring and stagnates the round. Things evolve and change.. maybe its time xvx did the same?

Now the second speech of yours did amuse me. Indeed as i said above the game has got a lot smaller and people do remmember things/incidents which happen in pollitics. But i find it ironic, as over the years i have saw so many top players (playing in then apprime and now in Ult) who used to tell people what happends in past rounds should remain in past rounds and people should start fresh etc. Now people claim you shouldnt forget the past and should avoid certain allies like the plague due to past HC decisions (who are probably not HC/in power anymore?) If that were the case i wouldnt trust people like elviz or even cardi ever again (i could list a huge list here but id be here all day) So lets not try and play that card. Every round brings a new chapter in PA and a new round.. the fact of the matter is this, xvx offered the block a contract so therefore they were willing to turn on Ult (which you all seem to be failing to grasp?) and becuase the block refused to allow xvx to pretty much do what they always do (which is fence to first after Ult would of been taken out) then xvx napped officaly to Ult.

All xvx had to do was stay out of the war then and allow the block to hit Ult but instead they defend Ult planets and of course attack the opposing block. Nice to see they can join wars when it suits them (dunno what exactly it is which is benefitting them by being Ultores bitch tag but there we go)

p3nguin Founder
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 10:03   #67
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

where did the army of bravehearts so suddenly appear.. this is not knights and swords times here

ovbiously alliances join the wars when it suits them.

i find it increadibly hard to understand why xvx should have been "brave" enough to join in a block against ultores with fang/drl/ct/apprime ?

if its so hard to do anything against an alliance like ultores then we can again start to talk about smaller tags, etc.. but for that we already have at least 23 old threads.
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 10:17   #68
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
where did the army of bravehearts so suddenly appear.. this is not knights and swords times here

ovbiously alliances join the wars when it suits them.

i find it increadibly hard to understand why xvx should have been "brave" enough to join in a block against ultores with fang/drl/ct/apprime ?

if its so hard to do anything against an alliance like ultores then we can again start to talk about smaller tags, etc.. but for that we already have at least 23 old threads.
Not really an army of bravehearts ive been posting in this thread since page 1 but people seem to keep ignoring me when ever i mention this contract agreement your own HC offered the block. If it wasnt true id expect somone to come out and say it wasnt, but as people from xvx dont even comment on this shows me that it is infact true (although i knew that anyway as i saw it)

This isnt just about this round though neroon, xvx have done this for many.. many rounds. They stay out of wars, play the 'we are staying neutral' card and to be honest its got boring. And ive worked with xvx before when in p3ng, i once saw them join a joint attack and only gal raid with 2 enemy planets in it... what was the point?

Btw i saw you mention in a post furhter up that fangs tactics were failing. Seems Fang arnt doing to badly after seeing xvx fail hitting them 24 hours ago, although i saw a few nice crashes from 4 xvx planets in perticular, one of which caused a planet rank to fall from 56 too 112th rank i beleive becuase of it. Xvx were once first, now there barely hanging onto second to try and secure Ult the win. Is it worth it for you?

p3nguin Founder
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 10:32   #69
neroon

im in ultores matey..

about the agreement, im not sure about it.. i guess there might have been something like that, however it aint worth anything for us at this point, since we are in a place where we are atm..

about fang failing, im not sure where i said it, though might have been something..
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 10:49   #70
Patrikc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Round 31 Deja Vou - in short
You mean the round where xVx and Asc were the only two contenders for #1, xVx blocked against Asc for a large part of the early round, then had to choose between either a roidrace with Asc or to continue to bash Asc, making it a boring round regardless of what they chose?

Yep, completely similar to the situation we're in right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz
I am sceptical. Do you have any examples?
Well, I don't have any facts to back it up, because I neither have the memory nor access to data of recent rounds, so you should be skeptical!

In my experience though, it's very hard for an alliance ranked second at the early/mid stages to maneuver themselves in a way that they can take (and maintain) first. If they take the initiative against the top alliance, they'll receive the majority of their hostility, meaning all the other contenders benefit hugely from that war. Often the top alliance holds a grudge against the initiator, and they rather see the #3 taking the win than the #2.

If they don't join the 'block', they piss off the others, which is what happened this round.

I guess that's the biggest issue. Handling politics in such a way that you piss off neither the ones above you nor the ones below you, and I think that's a LOT harder than most people think. xVx unfortunately chose the latter, though in my opinion the way the 'block' attempted to persuade them pushed them into that direction.

Everyone thinks politics is black and white, and that they know everything best on how you should handle it. Trust me, it isn't that easy.
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 13:47   #71
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
about fang failing, im not sure where i said it, though might have been something..
Quote:
must probably just a number of ppl from ct/fang that feel so bitter cos of their own plans not working
I was more reffering to that line Think us (Fang) are just glad to be back and actually to be a contender this round is fantastic as we were supposed to be just a 30 man tag.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 14:27   #72
neroon

okay, i see what u meant..

as plan, i didnt mean ure current ranking or ability to play this round.. as plan, i was refering to the lets-get-as-much-as-possible-alliances-into-the-block-to-hit-ultores thing..

i cant tell much about fang`s pov, since u guys are a bit more distant.. but ct was the one mostly being annoyed of xvx not joining in and making their own job alot more easier
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 14:28   #73
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Basic principles come from the 'old days'? I hope you mean principles of there own, becuase i havent saw any top contender alliance keep doing this over and over again.
I was indeed talking about THEIR basic principles, i shall highlight such important information in my posts in the future.

Quote:
Now the second speech of yours did amuse me. Indeed as i said above the game has got a lot smaller and people do remmember things/incidents which happen in pollitics. But i find it ironic, as over the years i have saw so many top players (playing in then apprime and now in Ult) who used to tell people what happends in past rounds should remain in past rounds and people should start fresh etc. Now people claim you shouldnt forget the past and should avoid certain allies like the plague due to past HC decisions (who are probably not HC/in power anymore?).
I'm not saying one shouldn't forget the past. I'm being realistical in that it doesn't happen.

Quote:
Every round brings a new chapter in PA and a new round.. the fact of the matter is this, xvx offered the block a contract so therefore they were willing to turn on Ult (which you all seem to be failing to grasp?) and becuase the block refused to allow xvx to pretty much do what they always do (which is fence to first after Ult would of been taken out) then xvx napped officaly to Ult.

All xvx had to do was stay out of the war then and allow the block to hit Ult but instead they defend Ult planets and of course attack the opposing block.
I think your facts are a little bit off here. CT started attacking xVx before xVx officially napped Ult, to try and force xVx in the direction of hitting Ult. It backfired (surprising huh?) and xVx sided with Ult.

As for the contract-like offer the block turned down. The block could have played along at that point and just backstab xVx when/if Ult was dead and buried.

And if xVx had stayed out of the war, the block wouldn't have turned on them as soon as xVx started pulling away with the lead from their fenced position?

Unread 12 Feb 2012, 14:44   #74
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Your post dosnt make any sense.
If xVx is so good at having wars, why wouldnt they want to gamble on it this round instead of choosing to fence it off?
Just because they did a good job in r43 doesn't mean they (should) choose to war every round. xVx is a fencing alliance going for planet/galranks, have been for most of the rounds they played. Doesn't mean they suck at wars, just means they only fight their wars when war is brought upon them.

Quote:
xVx were leading untill like, last week or so?
Why on earth would CT/WHATEVAH blockwar against the number 2 alliance?
Don't let current rankings fool you, especially not those of early days, xVx never was the main contender for #1. Also CT+friends blockwarred against xVx when they allready had fallen back to #2.

Quote:
Different alliances have different objectives, just something you'll have to live with i suppose. Allthough i agree with you that in a universe this small the main goal for any 60+ tag should be to at least try for #1.

Quote:
like said by neroon, the fact that there is currently one of their HC's in a top position has little to do with their stance, as their stance would have been the same if one of their normal members had been up there. And probably even if they would have no top planet positions.

Funny tho, how sticking to your own principles (Playing honourable towards both enemies and friendlies, making long term friendly relations and no backstabbing) makes you have no backbone...

Unread 12 Feb 2012, 16:35   #75
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
You mean the round where xVx and Asc were the only two contenders for #1, xVx blocked against Asc for a large part of the early round, then had to choose between either a roidrace with Asc or to continue to bash Asc, making it a boring round regardless of what they chose?

Well, I don't have any facts to back it up, because I neither have the memory nor access to data of recent rounds, so you should be skeptical!

In my experience though, it's very hard for an alliance ranked second at the early/mid stages to maneuver themselves in a way that they can take (and maintain) first. If they take the initiative against the top alliance, they'll receive the majority of their hostility, meaning all the other contenders benefit hugely from that war. Often the top alliance holds a grudge against the initiator, and they rather see the #3 taking the win than the #2.

If they don't join the 'block', they piss off the others, which is what happened this round.

I guess that's the biggest issue. Handling politics in such a way that you piss off neither the ones above you nor the ones below you, and I think that's a LOT harder than most people think. xVx unfortunately chose the latter, though in my opinion the way the 'block' attempted to persuade them pushed them into that direction.

Everyone thinks politics is black and white, and that they know everything best on how you should handle it. Trust me, it isn't that easy.
In r12 1up were 2nd for the majority of the round, sitting behind LCH in the rankings?
They won.

Unread 12 Feb 2012, 16:47   #76
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

honestly i wouldn't work with that block without knowing full well they were going to block vs me also.

This is becoming a problem. I'm trying to point out... you idiots gang bang together. you use a top alliance to kill another one. then gang up on that top alliance in numbers. Then you get pissed of when the 2 better alliances CBA to deal with your bullshit? give me a break. xVx and ultores know your stupid politics and the same way you do them the last 10 rounds.
Times up! build better alliances! mass blocking isn't going to work anymore.
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 18:05   #77
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

I wish for a Planetarion that everybody lives in peace, like a brotherhood!
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 19:12   #78
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
honestly i wouldn't work with that block without knowing full well they were going to block vs me also.

This is becoming a problem. I'm trying to point out... you idiots gang bang together. you use a top alliance to kill another one. then gang up on that top alliance in numbers. Then you get pissed of when the 2 better alliances CBA to deal with your bullshit? give me a break. xVx and ultores know your stupid politics and the same way you do them the last 10 rounds.
I think what your failing to grasp is there shouldnt of been any need for this block/gang bang in the first place. If 2, in your words 'top alliances' didnt nap from tick start and avoid each other then this would of been avoided. (btw theres only one top alliance in this whole discusion and thats Ultores.. whos the second? As it certainly isnt xvx..)

Times up! Stop stagnating the round! stop using bs excuses of 'we dont get involved in wars' And for the love of god (although i know your no longer ofc in xvx you were part of this player swap tactic) STOP FENCING!

Bottom line is this, if xvx and Ultores hadnt made it blatently obvious they were working togther since tick start then this 'block' wouldnt of been created to begin with. And amusingly even ND of course a few days ago decided to join Ult and xvx.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 19:25   #79
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
And amusingly even ND of course a few days ago decided to join Ult and xvx.
They aren't working with any of us, and they are also nap'd to apprime..
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 19:25   #80
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Bottom line is this, if xvx and Ultores hadnt made it blatently obvious they were working togther since tick start then this 'block' wouldnt of been created to begin with.
Yeah right. Every other recent rounds says differently.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 19:33   #81
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:

I think your facts are a little bit off here. CT started attacking xVx before xVx officially napped Ult, to try and force xVx in the direction of hitting Ult. It backfired (surprising huh?) and xVx sided with Ult.

As for the contract-like offer the block turned down. The block could have played along at that point and just backstab xVx when/if Ult was dead and buried.

And if xVx had stayed out of the war, the block wouldn't have turned on them as soon as xVx started pulling away with the lead from their fenced position?
I dont think my facts are off what so ever. Before xvx officaly napped Ultores ingame (lets not be kidding ourselves here unoffically its been since tick start) 2 days before this xvx HC offered this contract to the block. The block offered xvx (which to me) looked like a good agreement xvx declined it. They preffered there terms so after talks failed obviously xvx were hit and 'bully' tactics as it were, were tried. So the talks were before xvx were hit, and of course this then i guess lead to xvx officaly napping Ultores. So what i said was correct.

If xvx had stayed out of the war would the block have then hit them after? hmm i cant really answer that. They would of deffinatly earned a lot more respect from the block at least. Plus from what i gather nothings set in stone about the block either, only thing which holds them togther at the moment is hitting Ultores. Once thats accomplished who isnt to say the block would turn on each other?

p3nguin Founder
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 19:33   #82
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

what i like about this thread is that it is totally different to the other threads that have appeared every round on AD. and not only that, as usual, peoples views are really being effected by what is being said.......
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 19:36   #83
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
I think what your failing to grasp is there shouldnt of been any need for this block/gang bang in the first place. If 2, in your words 'top alliances' didnt nap from tick start and avoid each other then this would of been avoided. (btw theres only one top alliance in this whole discusion and thats Ultores.. whos the second? As it certainly isnt xvx..)

Times up! Stop stagnating the round! stop using bs excuses of 'we dont get involved in wars' And for the love of god (although i know your no longer ofc in xvx you were part of this player swap tactic) STOP FENCING!

Bottom line is this, if xvx and Ultores hadnt made it blatently obvious they were working togther since tick start then this 'block' wouldnt of been created to begin with. And amusingly even ND of course a few days ago decided to join Ult and xvx.
So in 1 post you tell xVx to stop fencing, whilst claiming they have been working together with Ult from the tickstart????? awesome!

Unread 12 Feb 2012, 19:40   #84
Knight

Knight is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with hunter!

Ultores peon
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 19:46   #85
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
what i like about this thread is that it is totally different to the other threads that have appeared every round on AD. and not only that, as usual, peoples views are really being effected by what is being said.......
AD isn't a tool to win a debate or arguement and trying to win over the other side, it is a tool to win over any neutral spectator (as if there are any left lol).

Unread 12 Feb 2012, 19:53   #86
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

pretty sure thats my point influence. but also u missed half of what i said the "same as every round" bit. (yes i was employing sarcasm, i probably should of pointed that out.)
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2012, 22:14   #87
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Nice post. Seems PA never changes idd

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2012, 03:51   #88
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

xVx being the bottle merchants / lack of hunger to go for the win.

Same idea
Unread 13 Feb 2012, 15:45   #89
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Don't let current rankings fool you, especially not those of early days, xVx never was the main contender for #1. Also CT+friends blockwarred against xVx when they allready had fallen back to #2.
When you're first in roids, first in score, and growing really well you expect everyone to look at you and just go "Well, it' xVx, they're going to **** it up somehow"?
I mean seriously, if that's how you label your alliance, you should probably close up shop and go elsewhere.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2012, 17:24   #90
Jeffro

Jeffro is an unknown quantity at this point

With the amount on influence certain Ult players will have in xVx its a bit daft to try and get xVx to hit them. Whilst Santa and co are in Ult that will never happen.
Why not just get the rest of the uni to bash them, and when they are dead bash xVx to give fang the win. Simples!
Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2012, 17:59   #91
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro
With the amount on influence certain Ult players will have in xVx its a bit daft to try and get xVx to hit them. Whilst Santa and co are in Ult that will never happen.
Why not just get the rest of the uni to bash them, and when they are dead bash xVx to give fang the win. Simples!
Isn't that what you are trying to do?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2012, 18:00   #92
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K View Post
When you're first in roids, first in score, and growing really well you expect everyone to look at you and just go "Well, it' xVx, they're going to **** it up somehow"?
That's certainly what I expected would happen. Same with all the alliances that momentarily held #1 last round that weren't Ultores. Sandmans is a useful tool, but if all you do is look at it and assume whoever is currently #1 will win, then you're going to be surprised every single round.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 13 Feb 2012 at 18:18. Reason: Whoops, I shouldn't overstate my prophetic abilities.
Unread 13 Feb 2012, 18:10   #93
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
I mean seriously, if that's how you label your alliance, you should probably close up shop and go elsewhere.
not many alliances with a roid and score lead at pt400 have managed to take home a win in recent history. Having a scorelead at that time is usually a leftover from the first few days of xp raids. Alliances like ultores usually choose to build value and steady income from refs etc first, thus tend to have a higher income from fewer roids at that time.

and just for the record, i am not xVx this round, i'm playing as an allianceless inactive support planet for my galmates.

Unread 13 Feb 2012, 19:08   #94
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
That's certainly what I expected would happen. Same with all the alliances that momentarily held #1 last round that weren't Ultores. Sandmans is a useful tool, but if all you do is look at it and assume whoever is currently #1 will win, then you're going to be surprised every single round.
I guess I'm just used to seeing or being in alliances that aren't complete failures.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2012, 19:43   #95
Patrikc

Quote:
I guess I'm just used to seeing or being in alliances that aren't complete failures.
No, you're just shortsighted.

An alliance doesn't have to be a complete failure to be inferior to another.
Unread 13 Feb 2012, 20:13   #96
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

r31 was more that block was hitting Asc, and it was damn equal. Then xVx join in which tipped the balance, Asc hit them back, and xVx backed out with the tail between their legs.

What I fail to understand, is how can xVx be regarded as a better alliance than CT/ND? They've never accomplished anything more than either two, seldom fight any wars which both the others actually have done quite a bit, and always kissed ass to the only top alliance around in the game to keep their fence up. Then they always sit on their high horse with shitty excuses to not do anything. This is why I've constantly called xVx spineless.
Unread 13 Feb 2012, 21:33   #97
Patrikc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
What I fail to understand, is how can xVx be regarded as a better alliance than CT/ND? They've never accomplished anything more than either two, seldom fight any wars which both the others actually have done quite a bit, and always kissed ass to the only top alliance around in the game to keep their fence up. Then they always sit on their high horse with shitty excuses to not do anything. This is why I've constantly called xVx spineless.
xVx IS the better alliance. So what if CT/ND have finished higher in the past? Last I checked you bought ships with resources, not with accomplishments.

Ps. xVx won round 26. Guess what? None of their top players that round (didn't check them all) is in xVx anymore! Different round, different alliance.
Unread 13 Feb 2012, 22:25   #98
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Some people never learn. If you don't trust someone, that doesn't mean you can't work with them for a time and period that suits you to get rid of your true rivals. So long as they get you closer to winning, it doesn't matter. You just take the trust factor into account and work accordingly.

I mean the only reason you wouldn't work with someone is because they are a complete ballache to deal with, but when you have joint interests, that's usually anything but the case. Sometimes you just have to take a risk when the other option is being overrun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
It's all about how you look at sandmans - if you look at the raw data and ranks on its own then sure. If you use all the graphical analysis (admittedly combined with a bit of political knowledge) you can quickly get a grasp of the ability of that alliance to hold roids, go on the offensive and gain momentum against everyone else.
Unread 13 Feb 2012, 23:43   #99
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Oh, certainly, it's an excellent tool; I use it all the time to help me figure out what's going on. It's just that the last few weeks in particular, I've seen quite a few people who appear to have no idea what's going on still attempting to make wild predictions about how "the round is already over" and voicing similar sentiments. Psi_K was just unfortunate to be the one who gave me a theory about what prompts these predictions that goes beyond "they're just dumb" or "they're just spreading propaganda".

On the other hand, any sufficiently advanced satire is indistinguishable from reality.
Unread 14 Feb 2012, 02:03   #100
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I love this thread... it makes me smile

The round is far from over - just because Ultores would have to be retards to throw away that lead there is still plenty to fight for...

2nd and 3rd is a tight contest, xVx and FAnG are pretty even i would say so should be a fun run in

Top planet is a close race still...

Top galaxy is far from decided...

I also love the politics of this round CT seems to be annoyed because xVx wouldnt backstab their biggest ally without reassurances, which they didnt get so it didnt happen. FAnG seems happy to fight anybody (kinda like TGV), ND knows its not active enough to mount any kind of war or anything so it has been dignified and picked and chosen its sides and attacks based on its best intrests. Ultores has smartly stuck with xVx and used them as a political and actual incomming shield to currently run away with the round. It all very intense... lots of mudslinging and mistruths and so on

I like in the OP of this thread how gm says CT have to take the fight to Ultores because no one else will, even if they lose. Thats not sensible tactics - thats just salvage donations in disguise!!!

Why do people on here keep harking on about Ult and xVx's pre round nap?? Its not like CT hasnt entered 90% of rounds with prenaps and so on.. just cause xVx had a better one... is that why your bitter?

Is it because you have a sucky defculture as Paisley pointed out? Making you incapable of winning PA regardless of wether you play amazing politics or not....

From my point of veiw xVx played some woeful politics this round, not as in who they napped and who they didnt but more in the fact that all there politics seemed too slow and looked behind the times once a decision was made. It all seemed very detacjed from the memberbase too with cryptic ingame mails that didnt really say anything and might aswell have not been sent out at all...

In conclusion you can all whinge and whine as much as you like - it really doesnt matter how many alliances you throw at Ultores they will survive and they will prosper. because none of you guys, including xVx, have the actiivity, nouse or general staying power to finish someone off. Its all 4 day block smashing then stop and do something else... until you get out of that rut Ultores will win every round of PA until they stop playing....
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote