User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 20 Nov 2005, 01:00   #51
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
Re: What's really going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly
You seem to be a very narrow minded guy. We aren't anyones puppets, and the only alliance it seems we've been targetting so far is Angels, and from a peons view, like me, people in our alliance dislike you.
My post was speculative, but of course if you want to interpret it incorrectly then feel free. And as for you or other ND members not liking me, it's really a case of "oh, how nice, you think I care what people think of me".

Quote:
How many alliances is that, that eXi "just happenes to attack". Can you count?
When members were talking on the private about who'd they wanna hit, I deffinetly saw more people talking about Angels than eXi. Since you had pissed more people off.

We had to step into this war sooner or later. You guys were #1, you were nicking roids off of our members in Angel gals + the NewDawners in eXi gals that had lost roids to you. You had 1up with you hitting eXi, which made it look like eXi were falling.
Remember that they were the ones loosing for a few nights? Looked like you were running away with all those roids.
You seem to think I disagree that it was basically our turn to get hit. We expected to be hit, we were fat. But there's absolutely no need to justify it with piss poor excuses when "you were fat" will suffice. It's so much more believable than throwing out different reasons all over the place and then claiming you have nothing to do with eX (not saying that you do of course).

Quote:
Now, exactly what do you think we should have done? If we weren't hitting anyone, just nicking roids from bot sides, you'd be complaining that we are fencesitters.
Seems like the only thing that we should have done, would've been to join you and target eXi, making your #1 spot stronger.
No I think you were right to hit us. And making assumptions that I'd call you fencsitters is a poor stab. Again though, all you needed to say was that you were after roids, not use excuses.

Quote:
You're just whining, cause you are loosing. Best part is, this whining looks very familiar from when Ministry were loosing wars in pia.
I love generalisations.
All eXilition cheat because they have Dragons as members.
All ND are shit because they have never won a round.
etc., I trust you get the picture.

Also if you're really desperate to prove me as a whiner, then actually show proof of me continiously whining over a given topic. To help you on your way and so you know what you're looking for, please see http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=whine.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 02:26   #52
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorinn
That just redirects me back to AD
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 02:29   #53
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
My post was speculative, but of course if you want to interpret it incorrectly then feel free. And as for you or other ND members not liking me, it's really a case of "oh, how nice, you think I care what people think of me".
Didn't meen you personally there, I meant Angels over all, people were more annoyed with you than with eXi.

Quote:
You seem to think I disagree that it was basically our turn to get hit.
That's what you seemed to do first, yes. And there are others flaming us here for the same reason, which is annoying me very much. People yappering because we hit Angels and not eXi, about us beeing muppets etc. What's up with that? Imo, we have been doing everything our own way. Go read Torz's post, that's the way I also see it.
Seems we're both missunderstanding eachother though, as you've clearly missread me atleast twice already. I did so to here though.

Quote:
We expected to be hit, we were fat. But there's absolutely no need to justify it with piss poor excuses when "you were fat" will suffice.
Not making pisspoor excuses, telling you the way I see it from my point of view, a normal peon. You beeing roidfat was indeed one of them.

Quote:
Also if you're really desperate to prove me as a whiner, then actually show proof of me continiously whining over a given topic.
Yer, you're right there, you're actually not whining to much. Insulting would be the right word. That's all you've pretty much done to ND in these past posts.
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 03:34   #54
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Is there a reason why Exi should try and fleetcatch Angels planets for landing on ND, or is it just coincidence??
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 03:58   #55
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
Is there a reason why Exi should try and fleetcatch Angels planets for landing on ND, or is it just coincidence??
Surely eX fleetcaching planets (doesn't matter who they are attacking) is a good thing for us. Considering only a couple of calls got thro last night we didnt have a whole lot of our own retals to do . Im sure if Angels were landing on 1up instead of us it would still be in out intrests to fleet catch them
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 04:27   #56
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Why is this happening? Since Angels' obvious enemy is eXilition, why are they hitting ND?
Instead of eX being the strongest alliance, could it just be that ND has/had alot of roids, roids that Angels will need to take on eX in the future?

Perhaps i am naive though - i'm new to AD
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 05:14   #57
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Instead of eX being the strongest alliance, could it just be that ND has/had alot of roids, roids that Angels will need to take on eX in the future?

Perhaps i am naive though - i'm new to AD
But in attacking ND they gave eX an easy night so they grew much more...so now eX have the roid advantage (maybe for only a night )
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 05:47   #58
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Angels were the #1 alliance. People can only complain about attacks after they were no longer #1. As, I recall the universe spoke of this "fluid" politics thing for a long time now. Exil is now the #1 alliance. Exil got ****ted, and did not cry about it on AD like angels did. I am far more afraid of exil than Angels. I am far more afraid of Angels than Newdawn. Newdawn hitting angels is silly. Angels hitting newdawn is silly. Exil letting up on 1up is silly. A war happened to break out against exil and angels. Exil is the strongest alliance. They ****ted 1up very bad. Angels is weaker than exil. Newdawn helping exil was like The french helping the USA fight iraq. Though the french were smart enough to catch this.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 09:59   #59
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Chika I read that post and all I see is:

'Please NewDawn save my round, let's attack eXilition and make this a three-horse race.

Oh, but I don't actually think NewDawn or Angels are any good, so 1up will win.'
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 10:01   #60
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it probably is a coincidence if the planet in question has been largely offensive to the alliance in question, and had a fleet composition of what might as well be described as just several thousand Tzens.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 10:23   #61
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc

'Please NewDawn save my round, let's attack eXilition and make this a three-horse race.

Oh, but I don't actually think NewDawn or Angels are any good, so 1up will win.'

Isn't Chika New Dawn?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 11:55   #62
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
maybe eXil and Angels are at war? aren't fleetcatches supposed to happen when 2 top alliances are at war? eXi were probably smart and organised a fleetcatch on the planet in question when they saw it hitting an ND planet. Doing that is a fair bit harder than organising a fleetcatch when the incs are on you, but a good BC can do it with jgps/news scans.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 12:05   #63
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:

Re-read then, because what he is saying is pretty much the truth.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 12:19   #64
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Anges would have hit ND just to gain some roids.

Everyone knows exil have the best defence this late stage of the game they even sleep walk there way to defend ppl its amazing.

So Angels going for roids elsewhere to try and keep up the pace instead of hitting exil to actualy get no gains while losing roids would be a bad idea atm.

So it makes sense to go for another target take them by surprise while they have a fair few roids.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 12:27   #65
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I thought Anges would have hit ND just to gain some roids.
That wasn't the case at all afaik. It was more a case of 'THIS IS HOW WE THANK YOU FOR HITTING THE LOSING ALLIANCE IN A WAR'.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 12:58   #66
NRG-izer
aka Night-Sky - xVx HC

NRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to behold

we dont coordinate attacks with anyone

stop having fantasies plz..

1+0=1 not 2 or 3 or what ever u want to fill in

past alliances :
r 01 - r 02 none
r 03 - r 04 TFD / ToT
r 05 - r 10,5 WP
r 11 LCH
r 12 - 90 Vision / xVx
r 91 - 100 Wave Zero / Syndicate

present alliances :
Tribute
since mid round 101
NRG-izer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 13:01   #67
Orlandian
VisioNary

Orlandian is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmmm just one thing comes to mind

LOL
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 14:04   #68
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG-izer

that's why you die in your attacks
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 14:35   #69
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG-izer

you dont even organize your gal raids, or is just throwing waves after wave on a top 60 gal organisation ?

and the fleet-combos.....

i believe that you dont organize wiht anyone.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 17:55   #70
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
That wasn't the case at all afaik. It was more a case of 'THIS IS HOW WE THANK YOU FOR HITTING THE LOSING ALLIANCE IN A WAR'.
Because Angels were really losing the war when ND hit them? The night before ND hit angels they had an 8% roidgain compared to exil 6% loss. How exactly were angels losing the war?
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 18:19   #71
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
1up and Angels both hitting eXilition (rank #1) is somewhat understandable. I'd agree that if they're hitting ND (rank #3) together then that's less forgivable. In fact it would be a strategy highly likely to piss ND off and make them more likely to side with eXilition (officially or otherwise).
If it's a straight forward 2 v 2 war, and you assume each alliance has a certain amount of defence ships, it makes sense to focus on one alliance. As as soon as all the defence ships for one alliance gets used up, everything then gets through. Whereas if you split your attacks over both alliances, you have to use up both alliances defences, which takes many more ships, so you get much less roids.

Although naturally it isn't that simple as some/most ships can be used for attack or defence. But still..
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 18:19   #72
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Because Angels were really losing the war when ND hit them? The night before ND hit angels they had an 8% roidgain compared to exil 6% loss. How exactly were angels losing the war?
lol.. If this is the level of the average Joe NewDawn member then I do indeed understand why you are hitting us atm.

http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewalliance&name=Angels
http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewall...name=eXilition

Is that hard to read ?
I am Angels so ofc I'm 'biased'. But stats doesn't lie. Since eX started hitting us we have gone from 53k roids to 38k roids. While eX has gone from 41k roids to 40k roids.
Are we still "winning" ?
I am considering what Angels is doing atm as a necessecity to prevent eX from racing off to distance, it's pretty obvious that they are the strongest alliance in the game atm.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 18:30   #73
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

I thought they were hitting NewDawn

@Forest: I think it was about the bit where he said "I am far more afraid of Angels than Newdawn" that I decided he probably wasn't NewDawn, as that'd make no sense at all. Maybe he's hiding
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 20:05   #74
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
53k roids to 38k roids. While eX has gone from 41k roids to 40k roids.
Are we still "winning" ?
No, you're loosing. Did we ever say that we were gonna quit once you stop winning? Paddy said that we hit you first when you were winning. Not that we have been hitting you now cause you're winning.
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 21:12   #75
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
stats doesn't lie.
Post of the week, easily.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 21:32   #76
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
lol.. If this is the level of the average Joe NewDawn member then I do indeed understand why you are hitting us atm.

http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewalliance&name=Angels
http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewall...name=eXilition

Is that hard to read ?
I am Angels so ofc I'm 'biased'.
Yes, you are
Quote:
But stats doesn't lie.
As Jester said, brilliant.
Partly because Stats is a bot that sits on IRC. Partly because you took the fact that stats usually are lies, and partly just grammar.
Quote:
Since eX started hitting us we have gone from 53k roids to 38k roids. While eX has gone from 41k roids to 40k roids.
Are we still "winning" ?

I am considering what Angels is doing atm as a necessecity to prevent eX from racing off to distance, it's pretty obvious that they are the strongest alliance in the game atm.
You can't generally just look at two alliances. You generally have to look at who the big 5-6 are hitting to get a better view of who is doing better vs who. But eXil do seem to be doing quite well atm.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 21:43   #77
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Yes, you are

As Jester said, brilliant.
Partly because Stats is a bot that sits on IRC. Partly because you took the fact that stats usually are lies, and partly just grammar.

You can't generally just look at two alliances. You generally have to look at who the big 5-6 are hitting to get a better view of who is doing better vs who. But eXil do seem to be doing quite well atm.
Oh noes.. I got owned at the internet forums because of a few flaws in my post. I will now clearly proceed to slit my wrists..

My point was as valid as ever, that NewDawn helping eX is detrimental to the round.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 22:19   #78
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
My point was as valid as ever, that NewDawn helping eX is detrimental to the round.
So THAT's what you were trying to say.

And there's a difference between attacking Angels and choosing to help eXilition, admittedly subtle - perhaps hard to determine, for the guy on the recieving end.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 22:23   #79
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Not really, seeing as by attacking Angels they are helping eX regardless if that was their intention or not.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 22:50   #80
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
So THAT's what you were trying to say.

And there's a difference between attacking Angels and choosing to help eXilition, admittedly subtle - perhaps hard to determine, for the guy on the recieving end.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG!

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 23:43   #81
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder when Exi and Angels will stop fighting each other and turn on 1up and NewDawn respectivly.
After all, its now 1up and NewDawn who have the most roids.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 00:14   #82
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
On the nights NewDawn did hit Angels, eX grew by 21 roids over 3 nights. Angels dropped by 15,096 and ND grew by 7,183 rocks. The two nights where ND did not hit Angels whilst they were hitting eX, eX dropped by 7,349, Angels grew by 5,888 and ND grew by 8,492.

That's a net of eX losing 7,325 roids, Angels losing 9,208 and ND gaining 16,675. From ND's point of view, that's a growth of 24,000 roids over eX and 25,883 roids over Angels.

If ND had not have hit Angels for those 3 nights, assuming the roidgains/losses continued as they did do for the 2 days we were not involved, total roid changes may have been: eX -18,750~, Angels +14,700~ and ND +21,200~.

That would have been closing the gap by about 40,000 roids on eXil and 7,000 roids on Angels. Though of course, this is not genuinely representative and doesn't take into account dozens of extra problems, I think it helps to illustrate a major possibility. This route would lead to ND being far ahead of eXilition in terms of roids, but still several thousand behind Angels, many of whom have no love for ND. Regardless of politics, the current result (Of ND being 6-8k roids ahead of both sides) seems preferable from ND's point of view.

ND's members should probably be happy that their HC's primary thought process appears to be 'what does this do for NewDawn?' rather than 'what does this do for Angels/1up/eXil?'.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 03:15   #83
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

Quote:
Oh noes.. I got owned at the internet forums because of a few flaws in my post. I will now clearly proceed to slit my wrists..

My point was as valid as ever, that NewDawn helping eX is detrimental to *insert* Angels winning *insert* the round.
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 06:36   #84
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
I wonder when Exi and Angels will stop fighting each other and turn on 1up and NewDawn respectivly.
After all, its now 1up and NewDawn who have the most roids.
Seems atleast one guy in Angels doesnt care for that war and attacks randomly for his own good. A newsie showed that he defended once in the last 3 days and even 3-fleeted.

I hope that doesnt speak for whole angels, wouldnt be surprised then that exil is better.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 07:24   #85
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
OH NOES - ANGELS ARE TRYING TO TRICKSIE YOU INTO HELPING THEM WIN THE ROUND RATHER THAN STOP EXI RUNNING AWAY WITH IT. NASTY LITTLE HOBBITSES

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 07:35   #86
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
On the nights NewDawn did hit Angels, eX grew by 21 roids over 3 nights. Angels dropped by 15,096 and ND grew by 7,183 rocks. The two nights where ND did not hit Angels whilst they were hitting eX, eX dropped by 7,349, Angels grew by 5,888 and ND grew by 8,492.

That's a net of eX losing 7,325 roids, Angels losing 9,208 and ND gaining 16,675. From ND's point of view, that's a growth of 24,000 roids over eX and 25,883 roids over Angels.

If ND had not have hit Angels for those 3 nights, assuming the roidgains/losses continued as they did do for the 2 days we were not involved, total roid changes may have been: eX -18,750~, Angels +14,700~ and ND +21,200~.

That would have been closing the gap by about 40,000 roids on eXil and 7,000 roids on Angels. Though of course, this is not genuinely representative and doesn't take into account dozens of extra problems, I think it helps to illustrate a major possibility. This route would lead to ND being far ahead of eXilition in terms of roids, but still several thousand behind Angels, many of whom have no love for ND. Regardless of politics, the current result (Of ND being 6-8k roids ahead of both sides) seems preferable from ND's point of view.

ND's members should probably be happy that their HC's primary thought process appears to be 'what does this do for NewDawn?' rather than 'what does this do for Angels/1up/eXil?'.
Your statistical analysis is so flawed in so many areas. And I so like using the word so.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 08:47   #87
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Your statistical analysis is so flawed in so many areas. And I so like using the word so.
At least he actually made his points and presented them...................

Go on Zhil you know you want to
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 08:47   #88
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Yet, even if the numbers are incorrect, they do give quite a good idea of how the eX-Angels conflict was going at certain points and I think it's still probably fair to say that if ND hadn't taken action, they could well expect to currently be quite far ahead of eX in roids, and still a decent bit behind Angels, rather than ahead of both.

Last edited by Gate; 21 Nov 2005 at 09:00.
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 09:45   #89
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
Seems atleast one guy in Angels doesnt care for that war and attacks randomly for his own good. A newsie showed that he defended once in the last 3 days and even 3-fleeted.

I hope that doesnt speak for whole angels, wouldnt be surprised then that exil is better.
We don't tollerate 3 fleeting but it happens when a certain HC allows it (sometimes it's more usefull then sending defence) ... We appreciate you do the scanning for us though but I wouldn't draw conclussions from it unless you know the full story

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 10:04   #90
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate

First of all, let me tell you that I do agree that YOU have to do what's best for your alliance, without even caring about the others. You need to obtain your own goals and follow the course of action that YOU think would be the best.

But so do I, so does alch and so does the rest of Angels command. When we hit ND that 1 night, the motives behind that was plain and simple:

- ND has been hostile against Angels (alongside Exi which we are constantly hitting) and for that we decided to answer.

- After losing roids the previous 3 nights, we felt it was needed to gain some roids rather then losing and since you were and still are roidfat ...

With this action we let Exi slip away. Can you blame us for that? Hell no. Since when is it our duty to the community to keep a chain on Exilition (when all the rest can't be arsed to)? We are constantly playing in a dilemma, between persuiding Exi, making sure they don't run away from us. But we also need to make sure Angels stays in a position to win this round.

All in all I'm happy with our own performance and improvements and we're no where near the point of giving up (and we'll never come to it), regardless of the complaints of some pple.

1 last thing, Gate. The love between ND and Angels this round is mutual, that's obvious. But this is a game, and I have the most respect for you and what you've achieved for ND.
But respect doesn't stop us from attacking ND or anyone for that matter ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 21 Nov 2005, 11:01   #91
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
We don't tollerate 3 fleeting but it happens when a certain HC allows it (sometimes it's more usefull then sending defence) ... We appreciate you do the scanning for us though but I wouldn't draw conclussions from it unless you know the full story

rgds Kj
Yeah, my Scythe galmate got a couple waves from Angels towards the end of the week. It's wierd, I come across like 2-3 Angels planets hitting a gal most days, sometimes there's another ally and overlap, sometimes there isn't - so it's either overkill or completely pointless

- Obviously I come across planets getting mass waved by Angels in the battle too, that goes without saying.
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 12:51   #92
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Yeah, my Scythe galmate got a couple waves from Angels towards the end of the week. It's wierd, I come across like 2-3 Angels planets hitting a gal most days, sometimes there's another ally and overlap, sometimes there isn't - so it's either overkill or completely pointless

- Obviously I come across planets getting mass waved by Angels in the battle too, that goes without saying.
No offense m8, but I don't understand the point you're making here or what this is about

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 21 Nov 2005, 13:39   #93
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
1 last thing, Gate. The love between ND and Angels this round is mutual, that's obvious. But this is a game, and I have the most respect for you and what you've achieved for ND.
But respect doesn't stop us from attacking ND or anyone for that matter ...
As I said, have no complaints whatsoever. We hit Angels, we had lots of roids, hitting us was an obvious reply, we just appear to have taken adfvantage of the fact that angels were in a bit of a catch 22 situation to benefit ourselves.

All I was saying is that ND's actions appear to have helped ensure that Angels did not run away with things and maintained the balance of power for a little bit longer at the top. This helps ND, and it also contributes in some ways to ensuring the round remains in the balance for a little while longer.

Angels don't need to justify their actions IMO.
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 15:54   #94
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Whats ironic is, since when is mining a few roids for a few days grounds for hitting someone, when the main concern should be fighting the alliance that is kicking your bum in.
Scenario. 2 brothers. 1 big. 1 little. And yourself. The Big brother slaps you. Then the little brother starts hitting your legs really fast, and when you look at him the big brother slaps you again very hard. Then you look at the little brother and try to get him off, while the big brother goes all out and starts kicking your face. Who do you try to get off you first?
This was easy I thought. If you think this analogy is silly, pm me your address so me and my little bro' can come take things from you.
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 16:27   #95
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Whats ironic is, since when is mining a few roids for a few days grounds for hitting someone, when the main concern should be fighting the alliance that is kicking your bum in.
Scenario. 2 brothers. 1 big. 1 little. And yourself. The Big brother slaps you. Then the little brother starts hitting your legs really fast, and when you look at him the big brother slaps you again very hard. Then you look at the little brother and try to get him off, while the big brother goes all out and starts kicking your face. Who do you try to get off you first?
This was easy I thought. If you think this analogy is silly, pm me your address so me and my little bro' can come take things from you.
The analogy is wrong, because it's not just an issue of how much of a beating you can take from each brother, but how much you can take from them.

If Big Brother (the alliance, not the metaphorical bully) rates 90 out of 100 at defense, and 90 out of 100 at attacks, and Little Brother rates 60 and 75 respectively, then I'm better off grinding Little Brother into the ground so they can't use their attack prowess to hold me back while grinding my face on Big Brother's effecient defense.

This is actually traditional 'greedy' PA strategy. Start with the fattest targets, with the easiest roids and use them to grow against the more stalwart, better defended ones. In the end, the big targets will become top-heavy and you can drop them one at a time.
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 16:36   #96
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

It was more of a 'your actions have consequences, so fk off and leave us to our original business'
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 17:13   #97
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
The analogy is wrong, because it's not just an issue of how much of a beating you can take from each brother, but how much you can take from them.

If Big Brother (the alliance, not the metaphorical bully) rates 90 out of 100 at defense, and 90 out of 100 at attacks, and Little Brother rates 60 and 75 respectively, then I'm better off grinding Little Brother into the ground so they can't use their attack prowess to hold me back while grinding my face on Big Brother's effecient defense.

This is actually traditional 'greedy' PA strategy. Start with the fattest targets, with the easiest roids and use them to grow against the more stalwart, better defended ones. In the end, the big targets will become top-heavy and you can drop them one at a time.
Thats one way to look at it. So you take the little brothere roids, and the big brother takes the roids you took AND some from you. Yeah, thats a sure way to win.
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 17:53   #98
Taipan
Born Again Virgin

Taipan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
it did however assist eX in widening their lead, and that helps balance power how exactly?
What I call the lesser of two evils.. but then I am biased
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 18:04   #99
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
I grab little brother and threaten to break his **ing neck unless big brother backs off.

But that's just me
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 19:07   #100
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

ah drats

Thought your post would be about why 1up is working together with xVx, Sid...

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote